PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waste a ton of gold securing top 10?

montecore
09-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Turns out we could have quit yesterday.

As incredibly stupid as Gree is, I can't help feeling even dumber for paying them to treat us this way.

reras
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Sorts handled war ever. First the time, now this? Bet we get 50 free gold soon, lol

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey GREE-- DFA was closer to Top 3 (5.1mil) than Textbook Killers was to Top 10 (6.8 mil). Where's our Top 3 prizes!?!?

But seriously, that's ridiculous. Changed the prize tiers with 2 minutes to go, after the Top 11 teams had already added millions of IP in the last few hours. Classic GREE. Congrats, Textbook Killers, you earned it.

Can I at least get a refund for half the gold I spent on war, since I apparently didn't need it?

marcus...
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd just like to say a big F U C K YOU to Gree.
Ban me all you want. I don't care anymore.

Dantheman15
09-16-2013, 12:18 PM
It's just not right to do it last minute, people spending a lot of gold and didnt even need to do it. Gree that was dirty.

GravyTrain
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
We had a major push to secure top 50 last battle which we secured............could have saved some gold......wow......

Dr Girlfriend
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Gree stole money from all of us. Outright stole it. I'm beyond furious.

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
The whole point of scoring 23mil+ IP for Top 10 is to get stronger than your rivals. Awarding Top 10 prizes to a team not even competing for it? Come on. How is GREE so consistently good at screwing their top spenders?

Smokes
09-16-2013, 12:26 PM
The whole point of scoring 23mil+ IP for Top 10 is to get stronger than your rivals. Awarding Top 10 prizes to a team not even competing for it? Come on. How is GREE so consistently good at screwing their top spenders?

Not to slight the top spenders, but anyone who spends real $$ on this game got bent over in this one.

MWWM J
09-16-2013, 12:26 PM
GREEdy........

SmoothCriminal
09-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I cant complain i got t75 prize for finishin 87th, there should be a lot of free gold dished out though. bad error by gree

J Smooth
09-16-2013, 12:31 PM
If anything they should've moved every syndicate up a tier. Less people would be po'd with this decision IMO. BBR could of saved a lot of gold not having a final push for top 50.

montecore
09-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Do I rage quit and miss my beloved SAS and make Rogues Gallery and Mistress Nikita happy, or do I stay and continue to pay for treatment worthy of a kick in the groin?

Why is this such a difficult decision?

Peppers
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't often agree with you monte, but I do in this instance.

SAS2 and RG2 both spent a fortune to secure top 10. I am really angry over this last minute change. Millions of unnecessary points were scored to finish in the top 10... all for nothing.

This is not a healthy habit we have. I'm really disgusted by what they've done this weekend.

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Lol this story might be the craziest.....

my syn was #49 going into the last 10 minutes of the war. We were VSing the #51 (down under syn). #49, #50, #51 were all within a range that could be easily distanced within a minute of constant attacking.

This battle quite literally was a fight for the position of top 50. So we kept spending to outpace the opponent and keep in the tier.

Come 5 minutes left, find that its top 60. Which we were about 1 million over that threshold.

Big Joe
09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Lol this story might be the craziest.....

my syn was #49 going into the last 10 minutes of the war. We were VSing the #51 (down under syn).

This battle quite literally was a fight for the position of top 50. So we kept spending to outpace the opponent and keep in the tier.

Come 5 minutes left, find that its top 60. Which we were about 1 million over that threshold.
similar to us, fighting to stay top 100, only to find... we were near 1m ahead of 120th... extra gold bought and waste.

iteachem
09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
How far back did top TEN prizes go? At work and cannot login so was so was wondering how many teams got it

HOFB
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM
upto 12th place.

evj
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't often agree with you monte, but I do in this instance.

SAS2 and RG2 both spent a fortune to secure top 10. I am really angry over this last minute change. Millions of unnecessary points were scored to finish in the top 10... all for nothing.

This is not a healthy habit we have. I'm really disgusted by what they've done this weekend.

I totally agree with u Mrs Peppers. I cannot understand how a company can do these kind of huge mistakes, I can not.

brandocommando
09-16-2013, 01:02 PM
How far back did top TEN prizes go? At work and cannot login so was so was wondering how many teams got it

Top 10 turns out to really be top 12.

TMI
09-16-2013, 01:05 PM

1. FIGHT CLUB 44,095,157

2. Silent Assassins 37,020,290

3. Rogues Galery 28,567,139

12. Textbook killers 16,290,937

30. Makaveli Thug Life 6,098,208

60. Lifeless Zombie Killer 4,020,630

90. Devil's Ride 3,375,199

120. 100CLUB 2,440,957

180. A THUGS LIFE 1,730,299

300. Make It Nasty 1,040,510

480. Marks Maulers 648,474

600. New Begining 431,732

900. Dipper Tickles 214,254

1200. THA COMMISSION 111,194

1800. No Gold 43,017

4000. SCJeggalos 12,304

SNEAKERJUNKY
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Hey GREE-- DFA was closer to Top 3 (5.1mil) than Textbook Killers was to Top 10 (6.8 mil). Where's our Top 3 prizes!?!?

But seriously, that's ridiculous. Changed the prize tiers with 2 minutes to go, after the Top 11 teams had already added millions of IP in the last few hours. Classic GREE. Congrats, Textbook Killers, you earned it.

Can I at least get a refund for half the gold I spent on war, since I apparently didn't need it?

Booooooooo! Give me my 20k gold back! At least half of it, scum bags.

Cluff
09-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Nope cant say that we did

MattThomas08
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Gree really blew this one. Consider that teams fighting over 10th spend roughly $6,000 USD each unnecessarily to score 6 mil IP more than was necessary to secure the position over 12th. There were easily 4-5 teams right on the cusp and they wasted $25-$30k USD.

KillaDon
09-16-2013, 03:12 PM
It's not just top 10 that wasted tons of gold. We had our strategy down very nice were we didn't over spend for top 25. Kept our lead about 700k ahead consistently at the end then Gree changes the tiers and which we ended up over paying by 2.8mil IP. I know that's nothing compared to some others but this goes even further than top 10/25/50/75/100. It goes for all syn's who were scammed by Gree. This could be a serious lawsuit on Gree's part if we as players took it init our own hands and had something done. Now you(Gree) will say lets give free gold what 50 gold bars,100 gold bars maybe even 200 gold bars when that's only $4.99,$9.99 or $19.99 I will even give Y'all(Gree) the prizes raised without the weak a$$ 20% off sale y'all give us when in reality that money or should we say GOLD is crap. Gold has no overhead value so it isn't like y'all have to store it somewhere so why don't show y'all show some REAL appreciation to ALL your loyal players and show us what REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LIKE!!!! Lets see what y'all do to make the players hall for this MAJOR SCREW UP!!! I used to think y'all(Gree) was one short fry of a happy meal but now y'all mission the whole damn order this time.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Whoever makes these decisions at GREE HQ needs to be removed because they clearly do not have any business sense.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Whoever makes these decisions at GREE HQ needs to be removed because they clearly do not have any business sense.replace business with common.

StellaVana
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
How about you GOLD buyers STOP buying gold anymore and make it a fair game for those of us not willing to spend our hard earned money on some dumb game. YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!! I enjoy this game very much and enjoy the battles but it is not worth spending real money on, staying up all night on and dropping everything for. SO HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STOP TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY AND MAKE IT A FAIR FIGHT AGAIN WITH NO GOLD.

Timmaaay
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Same with us Killadon. We spent 3m IP more than we needed for top 25. That's $3,000. I'm pretty sure if we knew 24 before we could have stopped entirely. Thanks for letting us know 5 minutes before the end....
It's not just top 10 that wasted tons of gold. We had our strategy down very nice were we didn't over spend for top 25. Kept our lead about 700k ahead consistently at the end then Gree changes the tiers and which we ended up over paying by 2.8mil IP. I know that's nothing compared to some others but this goes even further than top 10/25/50/75/100. It goes for all syn's who were scammed by Gree. This could be a serious lawsuit on Gree's part if we as players took it init our own hands and had something done. Now you(Gree) will say lets give free gold what 50 gold bars,100 gold bars maybe even 200 gold bars when that's only $4.99,$9.99 or $19.99 I will even give Y'all(Gree) the prizes raised without the weak a$$ 20% off sale y'all give us when in reality that money or should we say GOLD is crap. Gold has no overhead value so it isn't like y'all have to store it somewhere so why don't show y'all show some REAL appreciation to ALL your loyal players and show us what REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LIKE!!!! Lets see what y'all do to make the players hall for this MAJOR SCREW UP!!! I used to think y'all(Gree) was one short fry of a happy meal but now y'all mission the whole damn order this time.

Absolute silence
09-16-2013, 05:59 PM
To all syndicates who feel slighted or outraged by the latest actions of Gree...

As we all stand now together how about we continue to work together and form a offsite group to discuss problems and ultimately generate a united player response in the future?

One of the problems expressed by the moderators is that we have sent mixed messages to Gree regarding what we want as a solution to encountered problems.

CCKallDAY
09-16-2013, 06:04 PM
How about you GOLD buyers STOP buying gold anymore and make it a fair game for those of us not willing to spend our hard earned money on some dumb game. YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!! I enjoy this game very much and enjoy the battles but it is not worth spending real money on, staying up all night on and dropping everything for. SO HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STOP TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY AND MAKE IT A FAIR FIGHT AGAIN WITH NO GOLD.Never going to happen. Why did you even type this message up?

Chuck8958
09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Turns out we could have quit yesterday.

As incredibly stupid as Gree is, I can't help feeling even dumber for paying them to treat us this way.

Agreed...gree gifted everyone who either gave up on a tier or didn't try, except the ones who were up all night working their asses off. If it too much to ask to be bumped up a tier for finishing 5th when everyone else is getting bumped up?

Cluff
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Agreed...gree gifted everyone who either gave up on a tier or didn't try, except the ones who were up all night working their asses off. If it too much to ask to be bumped up a tier for finishing 5th when everyone else is getting bumped up?
I dont agree with the statement we gave up on our tier... we were sitting 12th and 500k behind top 10 when gree extended the event 6 hours... thats the only reason we stopped pushing.. if the event ended at the new time more than half my team would have been sleeping. Whats the point of keeping the top 10 pace if nobody is around for the final push.. by the time gree changed the event time again we were too far back to to make up the differance

Cluff
09-16-2013, 07:02 PM
However I think if extending the prizes back a few more spots was the plan a little bit more notice should have been given to prevent the gold rush at the end

Swedevil
09-16-2013, 07:34 PM
I dont agree with the statement we gave up on our tier... we were sitting 12th and 500k behind top 10 when gree extended the event 6 hours... thats the only reason we stopped pushing.. if the event ended at the new time more than half my team would have been sleeping. Whats the point of keeping the top 10 pace if nobody is around for the final push.. by the time gree changed the event time again we were too far back to to make up the differance
I understand where you're coming from Cluff, but the point is made that if we knew the cut off was 12, we would've made the push too. We stay between 11-13 every war and this war we slowed down drastically (even with 54/60 players) and we accepted the fate. Why are you alloted the top 10 when we were probably only 20k behind you? They allowed 20% increase in the tiers with no annoucement or even reasoning behind it...

Meno
09-16-2013, 07:43 PM
This was no different than stealing from us. What a complete joke. I wonder if they sat there laughing the entire time.

Cluff
09-16-2013, 07:45 PM
I understand where you're coming from Cluff, but the point is made that if we knew the cut off was 12, we would've made the push too. We stay between 11-13 every war and this war we slowed down drastically (even with 54/60 players) and we accepted the fate. Why are you alloted the top 10 when we were probably only 20k behind you? They allowed 20% increase in the tiers with no annoucement or even reasoning behind it...

You guys were only 20k behind us?

Polarbear
09-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh look! Months down the line, nothing's changed. :)

PFBKiller
09-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Not top 10, but top 50. I feel your pain, just not as much of it as you top 10 folks. This is a slap in the face, they should have updated the tiers a day in advance so everyone knew and could adjust.

Is this going to happen all the time now? Personally, I think they should refund the gold spent in the last day to all the teams that didn't get bumped up. We worked hard for top 50.. for it to become top 60 with no notice? We could have saved a ton of gold had we known that.

Boo Gree! What were you thinking?

Da_Boss
09-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Let's just face facts people. We are all really really stupid for spending large amounts of money on this game. What's it for? To stroke our egos in knowing we might some day be the strongest? So we can rob/attack anyone? Where's the fun in that when its that easy. I've spent my fair share on this game but at some point I sat down and asked myself why? Am I going to quit? Probably not.....I'm in too deep but I'm certainly taking the financial headache out of it.

Mil Mascaras
09-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Gree did this for reasons other than some vague "player feedback." There was a profit aspect to it. Always follow the money. The only reason a company would ever screw that many customers is money! No rational game provider with this many players would change the rules at the last minute if fairness mattered to them. Here, Gree screwed the people who finished 4th - 10th, and those who it turns out needlessly spent money for gold push to make it to top 50, 75, 100, and the other tiers. The screw job also hurt the people whom gave up chasing next tier but would have kept fighting full blast had they known they were a lot closer to next tier than they thought.

Their response has been so pathetic its obvious they know that most players who buy gold are to some degree addicted to the game and will continue to play and buy gold for a long time no matter how they are mistreated and disrespected.

This is why monopolies are illegal in this country. Lol.

Swedevil
09-16-2013, 08:08 PM
You guys were only 20k behind us?

Probably.. I didn't see the message from your rat until about 1 hour after he sent it to me. (we don't normally use Groupme). So when I saw it, I took what we had scored in the current battle and subtracted it from where we currently were. That gave me a number of about 20k-21k behind what you were at at that specific time. Hard to believe? Believe it, it's online!

Cluff
09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Probably.. I didn't see the message from your rat until about 1 hour after he sent it to me. (we don't normally use Groupme). So when I saw it, I took what we had scored in the current battle and subtracted it from where we currently were. That gave me a number of about 20k-21k behind what you were at at that specific time. Hard to believe? Believe it, it's online!
haha our rat..... we were at 16.2 mil ip... I seriously doubt you guys were 20k behind us

reesebutton
09-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Gree did this for reasons other than some vague "player feedback." There was a profit aspect to it.

3 fubars, but i don't see how the last one had a 'profit aspect'.

1. Extending by 6hrs
- agree, there is a profit aspect here.

2. Reverting back to orig time (pretty last minute without an ingame announcement)
- knee jerk reaction after community outrage. no profiteering here.

3. Change of Tiers
- No profiteering by GREE here imo. The gold would have been spent either way anyway. I believe they really wanted to atone for the above fubars, but went about doing it without thinking it through.

Swedevil
09-16-2013, 09:20 PM
haha our rat..... we were at 16.2 mil ip... I seriously doubt you guys were 20k behind us

Haha...not at the time I was informed. Roughly 18 hours ago...merry Christmas cluff and congrats on the "top ten" finish.

marcus...
09-16-2013, 09:21 PM
The gold would have been spent either way anyway.

If only you were there you would understand how incorrect you are in this statement.

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 09:33 PM

You don't agree with the statement that you gave up on your tier when you finished 7 million IP behind Top 10? Really? Really?

Edit: and there's no way your other claim is true, that you were 500k behind top 10 when GREE extended the event 6 hours. TBK finished with 16,293,274 IP. The Top 10 mark was higher than that with 19 hours to go. So either you weren't 500k behind 10th at the time, or you didn't play the entire last day (which I doubt, but it also would negate your claim that you "didn't give up on your tier").

reesebutton
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
If only you were there you would understand how incorrect you are in this statement.

Hmmm? Let's see then:

Change the tier : Was gold spent? Yes! Syndicates spent gold, albeit wrongly, thinking they were chasing original tiers.

Don't change the tier : Would gold have been spent? Sure! Syndicates would have spent as planned for the final push

There was little to gain in profits by changing tiers. It was a mess up, but I still think that was not profit motivated. On top of everything, the change was done with minutes to spare. How would that have squeezed out more profits?

Am I wrong? Explain it.

Was I there? Hell yeah i was.

Cluff
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
You don't agree with the statement that you gave up on your tier when you finished 7 million IP behind Top 10? Really? Really?

No... you obviously dont understand what I was saying... we only stopped pushing when gree extended the event... had they not done that we would have been one of those 20+ mil ip syns... did you even read my post?

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
No... you obviously dont understand what I was saying... we only stopped pushing when gree extended the event... had they not done that we would have been one of those 20+ mil ip syns... did you even read my post?

My my, aren't you sassy. So you didn't give up on your tier until GREE announced they were extending the event. At which point you gave up on your tier. Got it.

Big Joe
09-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Well I emailed gree asking they take the remainder of my additional vault purchase (1350 gold) and subtract any points earned from the 150 used seeing the 150 gold made absolutely NO difference once the tiers changed.... I got a reply that made me laugh. But pretty much the tune was "sorry your loss" no refunds.

marcus...
09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Hmmm? Let's see then:

Change the tier : Was gold spent? Yes! Syndicates spent gold, albeit wrongly, thinking they were chasing original tiers.

Don't change the tier : Would gold have been spent? Sure! Syndicates would have spent as planned for the final push

There was little to gain in profits by changing tiers. It was a mess up, but I still think that was not profit motivated. On top of everything, the change was done with minutes to spare. How would that have squeezed out more profits?

Am I wrong? Explain it.

Seriously???
You want me to explain why a top 10 team would voluntarily spend over 7millon IP more than necessary to gain the exact same prize 12th did...? Wow.
If there had of been more than 2mins notice, a similar push would have occurred for top 12. But that was not the case, and hence this outrage would not be occurring.

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmm? Let's see then:

Am I wrong? Explain it.

Your post is completely wrong. There were 11 teams competing for the Top 10 spots. The team that finished 12th ended up with 16 million IP. The Top 10 teams had surpassed that mark with 19 hours to go. GREE announced the event was being extended with 18 hours to go. Teams in the Top 10 can only see the IP score of 10th place. Because those 11 teams were chasing 10 spots, the mark for Top 10 continued to climb higher, from 16 million IP all the way to over 23 million IP. Most top 10 teams anticipate, at worst, having to score 18 million IP. Many Top 10 players had to re-up on gold to continue fighting. Low and behold, with 5 minutes left, GREE expands the Top 10 prizes to 12, revealing a drastically lower mark (that the majority of the Top 10 teams had surpassed with over a day left in the war). How many people who have re-upped on gold if GREE showed the mark for Top 12 with a day remaining? None of them. If they opened it to Top 11, no one would have noticed, as OGK was only a few hundred thousand IP behind, and there is still that illusion that someone from below you can catch you-- if Top 10 teams with 20+ mil IP saw a team with 15-16mil IP on their leaderboard spot, they wouldn't have needed to keep spending gold, as 4mil IP is an insurmountable margin for a Top 10 team to overcome (to make up the 4mil IP and then overtake the team in 10th, who will see a push coming from a mile away). 2 million IP is doable, but pretty much says "we quit", and the Top 10 teams were concerned with the team in 11th place. No one gave any thought to the team in 12th.

So to sum up, I don't know if GREE is motivated by incompetence or profit (or some weird amalgamation of the two), but it's clear they made a pretty penny by not revealing to the Top 10 teams that they were opening the prize tier to top 12.

reesebutton
09-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Seriously???
You want me to explain why a top 10 team would voluntarily spend over 7millon IP more than necessary to gain the exact same prize 12th did...? Wow.
If there had of been more than 2mins notice, a similar push would have occurred for top 12. But that was not the case, and hence this outrage would not be occurring.

No. Now go back and re-read the post I was replying to. The point was the 'profit aspect" of the change in tier.
I was observing how there is no 'profit aspect' with the 3rd fubar (change in tier).

In short, what you should be explaining, is how the change in tier could have been profit-motived.

Another tip for your future forumming. Read --> Comprehend --> Think --> THEN reply.

candyson
09-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Another tip for your future forumming. Read --> Comprehend --> Think --> THEN reply.
Then realize that you're using too much common sense

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
In short, what you should be explaining, is how the change in tier could have been profit-motived.

There was a lot of profit to be gained by specifically not revealing the change in tiers until they event was about to end. Each of the Top 10 teams put up 7 million IP more than they needed to, because they thought they were competing for 10th, not 12th.

reesebutton
09-16-2013, 10:11 PM
There was a lot of profit to be gained by specifically not revealing the change in tiers until they event was about to end. Each of the Top 10 teams put up 7 million IP more than they needed to, because they thought they were competing for 10th, not 12th.

Changing tiers or not, that profit would still have been realised.

GREE could have left the tiers as originally planned, and have earned similarly.

They changed the tiers, didn't gain significantly more gold spend, and now have an avalanche of complaints and disgruntled customers (now prob ex customers) to deal with. If they're guilty of anything from this single fubar, it's just plain incompetence. Not profiteering.

Bottom line, there seems to be nothing for GREE to gain in the change of tier vs leaving tier alone. Other than pissing everyone off.

reesebutton
09-16-2013, 10:17 PM
So to sum up, I don't know if GREE is motivated by incompetence or profit (or some weird amalgamation of the two), but it's clear they made a pretty penny by not revealing to the Top 10 teams that they were opening the prize tier to top 12.

I agree here, with the fact they did not reveal the change in tiers earlier caused the mis-spending by teams.

But imo the decision to change tiers was not motivated by profit, as they would have had the same level of gold use if they had just left the tiers alone.

marcus...
09-16-2013, 10:54 PM
No. Now go back and re-read the post I was replying to. The point was the 'profit aspect" of the change in tier.
I was observing how there is no 'profit aspect' with the 3rd fubar (change in tier).

I will explain it, albeit being as concise as possible for your comprehension.

If the tier change was implemented when the idea was floated within the apology and retraction of battle extension time, the 3 hours subsequently left would have revealed 12th place more than several million IP behind 10th. Therefore spending would have all but ceased by those who were in the legitimate top 10 until a smaller buffer had been reached by those in 12th.

There you go, profiteering by not releasing tier change at the same time as extension retraction.

Cluff
09-16-2013, 11:02 PM
My my, aren't you sassy. So you didn't give up on your tier until GREE announced they were extending the event. At which point you gave up on your tier. Got it.
hey bro whatever you have to tell yourself... all i am saying is we had a certain game plan... gree extending the event didnt fit into that plan... if thats where it ended so be it.. I am ok with that... but for them to roll it back well after we decided to stop pushing and taking ourselves out of contention for top 10 wasnt cool

reesebutton
09-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Then realize that you're using too much common sense

unfortunately, common sense isn't common in the forum

nvbealone
09-17-2013, 01:41 AM
now many would feel like quitting but they wont cause they spent too much. all will be calm again in another 2 days.

Swedevil
09-17-2013, 02:57 AM
BigMoney - we had 27 million IP 2 hours before they announced the 6 hour extension. Because an audible was called, we gave up and started handing out our IP as if it were candy on Halloween. Thus dropping us in to top 15 when they announced once again that we would be ending on time.
So we had more IP 20 hours before war end then was needed for top 10, but gave up!

bald zeemer
09-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Whoever makes these decisions at GREE HQ needs to be removed because they clearly do not have any business sense.

The decision-making is one side, but since this idea was forum-generated, and was largely supported on the forum at the time (albeit opposed by BM at the time, who from memory was more or less the only one against it, for the exact reasons most are against it now).

I find it odd that the people who literally came up with the idea won't come out and defend it now that it is a "gree screwup" rather than "gree listening to ideas that happen to be stupid".

YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!!
Yes, it was so much better when this game was developed and run by charities. :rolleyes:

Gree did this for reasons other than some vague "player feedback." There was a profit aspect to it. Always follow the money.

So the fact that this exact idea was raised (and supported) in a thread the moderators were partaking in, discussing better ways to resolve the issues (rather than the war extension) and within hours the war extension had been revoked and then this implemented was a lucky break for Gree?

If the tier change was implemented when the idea was floated within the apology and retraction of battle extension time, the 3 hours subsequently left would have revealed 12th place more than several million IP behind 10th. Therefore spending would have all but ceased by those who were in the legitimate top 10 until a smaller buffer had been reached by those in 12th.

There you go, profiteering by not releasing tier change at the same time as extension retraction.
If Gree announced it with 3 hours to go that would have meant they read an idea on the forum and immediately implemented it. Since the problem is that they read an idea on the forum and didn't really analyse it fully, I don't think earlier adoption of ideas is really the answer.

BigMoney - we had 27 million IP 2 hours before they announced the 6 hour extension. Because an audible was called, we gave up and started handing out our IP as if it were candy on Halloween. Thus dropping us in to top 15 when they announced once again that we would be ending on time.
So we had more IP 20 hours before war end then was needed for top 10, but gave up!

Congratulations. That makes less sense than any other post ever posted on this forum. Not at all an easy achievement.

Swedevil
09-17-2013, 03:24 AM
Congratulations. That makes less sense than any other post ever posted on this forum. Not at all an easy achievement.

It was a stab at another conversation being had where someone is claiming that they were only 500k behind top 10 at the time Gree announced the extension and thus decided they would not pursue top 10 anymore. The problem with this was that their ending amount was more then 500k off of what top 10 had 2 hours PRIOR to the extension being announced. Which clearly shows that somehow they were able to travel back in time and give away some of their IP allowing them to meet said statement.

Thanks though, I truly appreciate your time in reading and replying to my message as if you followed the whole thing. #smugmuch

bald zeemer
09-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Sorry mate. Difficulties in picking up tone in the written word and all.

:)

Tomatoneverdie
09-17-2013, 04:40 AM
This must be the "Player Feedback" Gree referred to in their response to my email....sarc/

DenZ1
09-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Why top 10, 50, 75 and 100 was extended and top 3 was not?
Extend top 3 as well.

bald zeemer
09-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Your solution to a bad idea is to make sure the damage is as widespread as possible?

Genius.

DenZ1
09-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Stupid thing shouldnt have been done in the first place.
But if it applies, it should be unilateral. Nothing genius here.

bald zeemer
09-17-2013, 08:59 AM
All the other tiers were competitive. There was no competition between 1, 2 & 3, so including those tiers in this would be doing so merely to extend the misery.

I assume you were in the 4th placed team, and are more or less just begging for a 10% mafia attack mod.

Brendan
09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
We were 23rd going into the final hour so had a huge final battle, eventually finishing 15th. If we'd known that the 30th placed team was getting the same prize we could have relaxed and just put some free hits in as we finished 3.5 million ip ahead of them. In fact we could have relaxed the whole last day.

Are there any lawyers out there, surely this is a kind of fraud to make people buy more gold than they need to?

DenZ1
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
In your dreams man. :) No one is begging anyone here. Since they won't refund the gold spent for keeping it top 10 and won't take 11th and 12th prizes back its next logical solution, albeit it won't be very fair. And for the info, top 4-10 were so close it kinda applies to all.of them.

Tomatoneverdie
09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Give +5% mafia atk to Team #4-10, see? Solve it for you....

BigMoney
09-17-2013, 12:16 PM
All the other tiers were competitive. There was no competition between 1, 2 & 3, so including those tiers in this would be doing so merely to extend the misery.

I assume you were in the 4th placed team, and are more or less just begging for a 10% mafia attack mod.

To be fair, there was no competition between the Top 10 teams and 12th place either:

1 FIGHT CLUB 44095157
2 Silent Assassins 37085125
3 Rogues Gallery 28567139
HTC Blue 23467693
Don't Fark Around 23447799
COLD Karma Mafia 23428618
Solemn Carnage 23323740
FIGHT CLUB II 23293782
Silent Assassins 2 23238782
10 Rogues Alliance 23162485
11 Original Gangster Killaz 22385592
12 Textbook killers 16293274

I would much rather 11th and 12th place not have received the Top 10 prize at all, but GREE will never take away anyone's prizes. I could also at least stomach 11th place getting Top 10 prizes with 22.3 mil IP.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2013, 12:45 PM
We even wasted a lot of gold, relatively speaking, to just to secure our Top 400th place! lol! Top 400!
...and then 80 syndicates below us got the rewards as well?

I cannot imagine how furious the Top 10/25 feel... jeez.
Gold buyers fund these games; please stop biting the hands that feed this game.
Congrats to 11th & 12th placed syndicates!
My condolences to those who used their gold like crazy to secure Top 10, 25, 100, etc...

Some extra rewards should be given to bottom syndicates of each original reward tier to make it up to us... like double rewards... or something.

Peppers
09-17-2013, 12:53 PM
We even wasted a lot of gold, relatively speaking, to just to secure our Top 400th place! lol! Top 400!
...and then 80 syndicates below us got the rewards as well?

I cannot imagine how furious the Top 10/25 feel... jeez.
Gold buyers fund these games; please stop biting the hands that feed this game.
Congrats to 11th & 12th placed syndicates!
My condolences to those who used their gold like crazy to secure Top 10, 25, 100, etc...

Some extra rewards should be given to bottom syndicates of each original reward tier to make it up to us... like double rewards... or something.

VL, you have no idea how furious we are.

My husband is in RG2 and spent a fortune in the last few wars to secure the top 10, all for nothing.

If they were going to expand the tiers, why didn't they do it when they EXTENDED the end time, or when they UN-EXTENDED it? Doing it 2 minutes before the end is fraud IMO.

I am really feeling like this is the final straw for me. I have 20 gold in my account right now. I did not purchase more when it was on-sale. I am seriously considering going free after this.

Edit: And Gree, while you're giving out unearned prizes, Rogues Gallery would like the Second place prize, even though we weren't even close to their score. And, why don't you give SAS the first place prize also? Sure, they didn't earn it either, but that doesn't seem to matter.

SilentAssassin
09-17-2013, 01:12 PM
And Gree, while you're giving out unearned prizes, Rogues Gallery would like the Second place prize, even though we weren't even close to their score. And, why don't you give SAS the first place prize also? Sure, they didn't earn it either, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Just shows how bad Gree is, even SAS and RG can agree on something! What is this world coming to? ;)

In all seriousness what they should have done is kept the extension on the war (as two wrongs DONT make a right) and then opened up the tiers to 1-11 or even 1-12. Teams would have had 9 hours to decide what they wanted to do, which is 1000 times better than 5 minutes.

colec023
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Its nice to see all the collaboration on this post. My hats off to the top teams that really pushed. It was fun from that stand point. This event was a mess from the very beginning from the connection issues, late start to gold sale, android scrolling to an event that was and then wasn't extended. A lot of people got screwed on this one.

It was just wrong on so many levels.

Rjc
09-17-2013, 03:14 PM
If gree wants to make amends for the recent poor decisions they should return all of the gold used in the last 24 hours of the war. This is the only fair solution.

PFBKiller
09-17-2013, 07:22 PM

Agreed, Gree pls make this happen. We did a huge push to make top 50 (for us), we could have saved our gold, and won the same award with nearly a million less influence. Is someone from Gree watching this thread?

Putri Hazel
09-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Write to Apple. It really works.

Good luck!

IvanDrago
09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
In light of all the changes, adjusting the tiers to account for the fact that some teams strategized around the extra 6 hours seems like a good solution. The generic way that they implemented it, however, is ridiculous. They could have easily kept the original tiers, only extending them after the event was over to give extra consideration to the teams that fought (and paid) to put themselves within reach of the next tier. At a very quick glance, some fairly obvious modifications jump out:
11th place gets top 10 prize
no extra top 25 prizes since 26th place was over 1 million behind 25th
51-52/53 gets top 50
76-81 gets top 75
and so on.

At this point, so much has been screwed up that there is no perfect answer. I don't see them doing a gold refund, it would be a logistical nightmare. Putting a minimal amount of effort into customizing the new tiers would at least be a step towards giving the rewards only to the teams that could have earned them.

photocat
09-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Gree tried to fix their screw ups but left out some of their most loyal players/customers (ie please look at the teams
ranked 4 to 10). The proper thing to do would be to refund those players some of their money. Of course there is no
chance in hell Gree will do this, but it would cost them nothing to award the teams ranked 4 to 10 for the glitches all
suffered from. One of my teammates mentioned adding +5 mafia would be fair, that would not be giving us a top 3
prize but would award the top 4 to 10 for the rank they earned under the same game conditions all had to deal with.

Wondering if I will get banned?

Photo

Rjc
09-18-2013, 04:34 AM
My issue isn't the artificial prizes. I'm am concerned with the real money that was spent that didn't need to be spent. The hours put into the game to ensure our syndicate was top 50. We could have stopped on Sunday and still would be top 60.

Dr Girlfriend
09-18-2013, 07:12 AM
This situation still needs to be rectified. It's unfair to the teams who spent a ton of real money in the most expensive top ten battle since syndicates began to give the same prizes to the teams who finished 11th and 12th. The value of those prizes isn't just the boost in stats, but it's the rarity of those prizes. The teams who legitimately spent their way into the legitimate top ten did so to be a part of just 600 players in the entire game to have those prizes.

Extending the prize to the top 720 players devalues those prizes that we spent more on than ever before.

Gree needs to either refund gold, or give new prizes to to each of the original tiers to make up the difference. And those prizes need to be cumulative, too (top 10 gets all the new prizes awarded to top 25, top 50, etc.). The second option costs Gree nothing.

Admit it, Gree, you screwed this war up from the very start, to the very finish, and you need to fix it. You can do that - at no real cost to you. Just get it done.

PFBKiller
09-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Write to Apple. It really works.

Good luck!

I don't understand how Gree would rather everyone do this, than actually address it for their most loyal customers. Seems odd to me. You stick it to your customers that spend more gold than anyone else? Really?

Angel6ix6ix6
09-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Gree messed up extending the war, then not extending. There was no in game pop up informing you of this change/non change. Some people thought they had more time to make a push. Changing tiers at last minute is also fraud.
Get your money back from iTunes . Complain enough to the point they will no longer work with Gree. Contact your BBB and complain about Gree and iTunes if you are not refunded.

IvanDrago
09-18-2013, 07:56 AM
There are two big problems that need to be resolved, but the solution for each conflicts with the other. I'll use the 10-12 spots as an example:

Problem 1: Teams 10 and 11 spent a lot of money to put themselves in a position to make a run at top 10. The schedule confusion hindered 11's legitimate shot at getting top 10. I'm assuming that extending the tiers was meant to address this problem.

Problem 2: Tiers were extended too far. In light of the efforts of teams 10 and 11, team 12 got a top 10 prize that they didn't earn.

I think it's safe to assume that Gree will NOT willingly refund gold. I'm not saying it's fair, but realistically speaking, that's how it'll end up. Intelligently selecting how the tiers are readjusted, however, is a least a compromise in addressing both problems. Giving 11 the top 10 prize addresses problem 1 and not giving 12 the top 10 prize addresses problem 2.

My issue isn't the artificial prizes. I'm am concerned with the real money that was spent that didn't need to be spent.
The artificial prizes are exactly why the real money didn't need to be spent. Get rid of the artificial prizes and the real money you spent would not have been wasted.

It's unfair to the teams who spent a ton of real money in the most expensive top ten battle since syndicates began to give the same prizes to the teams who finished 11th and 12th.
You're right, but this doesn't address problem 1, which, given the solution, is what Gree seems most concerned with. The team who finished 11th will still argue that they wasted gold for the first 2.5 days only to have their shot at top 10 crippled by the scheduling screw up.

FlyMeMoon
09-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Seriously, who changes the rules during an event?

I couldn't believe it when I heard. My first thought was that this was some of compensation for all the problems that occurred during the war. The decision making is amateurish at best and just doesn't make any sense. I was in a top 25 team and we were cruising but some people could have spent less knowing our spot was more than secure. Also I feel cheated that a prize that was intended for the top 25 was extended to other teams.

The_
09-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Omggggg greeeeeeeee how dare you anger these addicts!

SNEAKERJUNKY
09-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Refunding gold could be done fairly easily.
---------
(Individual) 4th-10th = approx. 400 accounts based off gold used after 16m ip
or
(Team) 7 teams receive 125,000ish gold for our reserves.
---------
Either way, what is gold to Gree, it's fake money. top10's would run through this in the next war plus be inclined to keep spending. Whoever pulls strings over there is killing your game.....is it this job posting: Senior Director of User Acquisition. Maybe time to shuffle up the deck over there because whoever is making these decisions is a plague. God forbid it's a group of morons, but I wouldn't be surprised..

Ive been playing this game for a total of maybe 6mo. and Im almost ready to throw in the towel. This "quick buck" mentality may just be what fuels your overall strategy as the top Syndicates are looked at as the minority on a balance sheet.. in which case shame on me, you got my 6mo. worth of money.

** Anyway.. I honestly hope you guys can get the crap out from between your ears. A ps4, COD Ghost and GTAV combined are cheaper than what I spent this month on your circus act.

BigMoney
09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
This situation still needs to be rectified. It's unfair to the teams who spent a ton of real money in the most expensive top ten battle since syndicates began to give the same prizes to the teams who finished 11th and 12th. The value of those prizes isn't just the boost in stats, but it's the rarity of those prizes. The teams who legitimately spent their way into the legitimate top ten did so to be a part of just 600 players in the entire game to have those prizes.

Extending the prize to the top 720 players devalues those prizes that we spent more on than ever before.

Gree needs to either refund gold, or give new prizes to to each of the original tiers to make up the difference. And those prizes need to be cumulative, too (top 10 gets all the new prizes awarded to top 25, top 50, etc.). The second option costs Gree nothing.

Admit it, Gree, you screwed this war up from the very start, to the very finish, and you need to fix it. You can do that - at no real cost to you. Just get it done.

I wouldn't be half as mad if they had extended Top 10 prizes to the Top 11, but 12th place at 16 million when the Top 10 were all over 23 million IP? What a joke. At least OGK had a shot at Top 10, although they mismanaged their final battle declaration. But TBK wasn't even on the same damn planet as the Top 10 teams. It's ridiculous that if GREE planned to extend the tiers, that they waited for the Top 10 teams to reload on gold, over and over, up to 23 million IP, only to reveal that we're all a bunch of suckers with 2 minutes left in the syndicate war. I don't see why the tiers needed to be extended anyway, as we were all dealt the same handicap-- 4 hours of mismatches, followed by a belief that the war would be extended 6 hours, and then a retraction of that later. Every team dealt with it and competed anyway, so why the hell should some teams be rewarded handsomely for doing nothing (e.g. 12th), effectively punishing those who did spend absurd amounts of gold by devaluing such prizes by giving them to teams that didn't spend enough to earn them legitimately?

colec023
09-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Were the tiers ever explained? I agree with you that 4-11 is ok, no offense to 12. Its strickly based on how close we all were. $6000 of real money is a big gap.

BigMoney
09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Were the tiers ever explained? I agree with you that 4-11 is ok, no offense to 12. Its strickly based on how close we all were. $6000 of real money is a big gap.

Nope, no warning whatsoever. 5 minutes left the leaderboard had 10th place as Rouges Alliance with 23,079,263 IP. 2 minutes left it said 12th place, Textbook Killers, 16,293,274 IP. The Top 10 teams were closer to Top 3 than 12th place was to Top 10, to put that in perspective.

Euchred
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I feel like someone should have known that making 20% of teams happy by pissing the other 80% probably isn't a good idea. #dumbfounded

CJ54
09-18-2013, 04:16 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68456-Tier-Bracket-Change-For-West-Side-Battle