PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate War Un-Extended - Now ends at original 12:00 PM PST

Jerle
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone!

As has been made extremely apparent, the vast majority of the players were not happy with the time extension on the syndicate war. As CJ posted in the other thread, we did receive quite a lot of support tickets asking for this, and event extensions are part of standard procedure when we encounter major issues. That said, it's clear that we need to look at treating Syndicate battles a little differently.

We've been reading all of your feedback here on the forums, and CJ spent a lot of last night following up with many players in the community and from support tickets to collect additional information. I'm happy to let you know that the event has been restored to it's original timeframe, and will end in approx 3 hours.

We're also going to be taking all of this feedback into account to draft a better policy going forward for these types of events. We apologize for all the player confusion and disappointment surrounding the last few days.

In addition to the event time being rolled back, we're also looking at widening the reward tiers a bit or coming up with something else as a way to make things up to everyone. More on that will be posted when available, exact details are still being worked out.

Dipstik
09-16-2013, 09:21 AM
First!

Thank you.

Zaz42
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Thank you!

Davidvilla
Thank you GREE, good decision.

Nick010
The right call, thanks.

MattThomas08
09-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Excellent decision. Thanks for listening to the customers. Dippy never misses.

Ciara
09-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I think it's great that you've listened, but to change tactics again with less than three hours to go is even more of a pain in the neck than having to readjust our strategy to account for the extension 17 hours ago. I feel that we've totally wasted our gold

DavidtheBoo
great thanks

rohan007
Thanks a lot GREE. Great decision. :-) :-D

Deadwater
I was looking forward to the extended time...
I work every weekend, always graveyard shifts. The extra time was interesting.
Oh well I guess.

mxz
Just a quick piece of feedback - why didn't you just ask?

I know it seems like a wife/girlfriend thing to say...but to think *you* (proverbial, metaphorical) know everything the CC community wants seems a bit, ummmm, not smart.

Bandit_
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Thankyou for listening.

Fredfreddy
09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Great call, thanks Gree

Euchred
09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Cheers guys, customer service can be hard but glad you could make this one right.

saintdenay11
09-16-2013, 09:30 AM
thank you for lsitening

Dantheman15
09-16-2013, 09:31 AM
This is the right call! Good job

genaks
09-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Thank you.

Fievel
09-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you for listening, Gree. Interested to see your decision on widening the tiers as well.

MagnusDux
09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Maybe make top 40 top 80 top 200 top 300 tiers etc to make it easier on pockets?

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Rebooting Android still shows the extra 6 hrs...

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I think that not only is this a good decision, but the basis behind it is extremely positive.

As a few of my friends have been overly aware, I'm a firm believer that Gree have very much improved customer service recently.

We asked for more communication via the forum, and they have delivered.

We asked for better response times on tickets, and they have (to varying degrees, yes) delivered.
They have come out with new and interesting events (SLTQ) and reintroduced old favourites (PvP - albeit in an odd format).

They are certainly not perfect, and more improvements can be made. But the important thing to note is that they have clearly aimed at making improvements, and have in fact been utilising forum feedback in doing so.

So yes, there is still the continual release of bug-riddled data. There is still an unimpressive (to say the least) response to hackers and cheats. But the quality of service we are getting is improving.

This isn't made as an ad to Gree, for the record. It's made as a plea to those looking to spout off understandable but unhelpful complaints to take a second and provide constructive feedback. If Gree are actually listening (at times), then do you really want your angsty-yell-at-the-sky to be heard, or your true beliefs on what would make the game better in the future?

We all love the platform. We all have ideas on how it could be made better. Let's not waste it.

Lars
09-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks! I must admit I wouldn't have expected this.

Nighteg
09-16-2013, 09:43 AM
First!

You're retarded, aren't you?

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Thank god!!!!

Jerle

I know it seems like a wife/girlfriend thing to say...but to think *you* (proverbial, metaphorical) know everything the CC community wants seems a bit, ummmm, not smart.

The danger in making decisions by commitee or polls is that the people on the forums are only a small fraction of the overall player base - we see a ton more via support tickets than we do on here alone. That's also why we can sometimes seem slow to respond - its rarely possible to please everyone so we have to collect info from all the sources we have and strike the best balance. In this case the initial call was wrong, we've definitely gotten some good feedback, and well be using it to help avoid similar things in the future.

dispohero
this kinda sucks for the thousands (tens?) of android users who dont come to the forums. it still shows 8+ hours left to battle on my screen.

Yancool
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks for cleaning up the mess, very happy about it. Next time you think about making such a drastic decision, let me recommend you to make a poll here in the forum, or even make a poll in the game, within an hour you will get a lot of positives or negatives.

LisaM
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you for listening :)

foxtrekker
09-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Easiest way would be to just bump up the rewards a notch for each tier, or just reward all participants a time machine so we can go back and get the ip we missed out on.

The Fonz
09-16-2013, 09:49 AM
I think it's great that you've listened, but to change tactics again with less than three hours to go is even more of a pain in the neck than having to readjust our strategy to account for the extension 17 hours ago. I feel that we've totally wasted our gold
I'm with Ciara on this. After adjusting our strategy to account for the time extension, then regressing to the original time slot with under 2 1/2 hours to go is an absolute PITA, and in order for us to narrow the deficit, it would entail spending heaps of gold, which only a few of our members have or use for this event, which is grossly unfair. All I see are miscalculated moves superceding each other. It's one thing to reverse the decision with 6-8 hours to go (I won't get into the fact that the time extension should have never happened in the first place; that horse has been beaten beyond recognition), but to announce it with under 3 to go?!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

Jerle
09-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Android should clear up if you kill and restart the app. Ill take another look to be sure though.

The_
09-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Is this some sort of joke? You extended it for 6 hrs and now set it back to under 2 hrs (original time). You do realize the majority of the players aren't forum users and they have no idea what is going on right now. Great way to give a great advantage for a small group of nagging players over the majority!

Thread views: 36

Active players ingame: over 100K

Time left: under 2 hours.

Odds of everyone rebooting their android/iOS device: 0%

teo
09-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Jerle

how about using the polling feature in the future when considering changes? People are very willing to participate in a poll. Take a look at the one I started. It could save you some grief....

Anyways, I appreciate you guys listened,

Thank you,
teo

GU7 F4WK3S
09-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks.....now about them hackers....

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm with Ciara on this. After adjusting our strategy to account for the time extension, then regressing to the original time slot with under 2 1/2 hours to go is an absolute PITA, and in order for us to narrow the deficit, it would entail spending heaps of gold, which only a few of our members have or use for this event, which is grossly unfair. All I see are miscalculated moves superceding each other. It's one thing to reverse the decision with 6-8 hours to go (I won't get into the fact that the time extension should have never happened in the first place; that horse has been beaten beyond recognition), but to announce it with under 3 to go?!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

^^This is exactly what CJ was concerned about in the original thread.

I don't agree with them, and I support the return to original finish time, but given that people jumped on CJ for being absurd it's worth noting he was concerned about a response that some (albeit unlikely a majority) have.

Gunflame
09-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Thank you :)

crazyman1
09-16-2013, 09:56 AM
took you 2 minutes dippy to post first ...slacking dippy . Ok ty for listening to us and changing it back to the original end time

kybigdaddy
09-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Thank you very much.

ablankone
Kudos Gree. And serious respect to all fellow players for creating the noise needed. Thank you.

Rodney26
Come on guys we complain(more then I have ever seen concerning 1 subject)that they extend and now that they put it back we are still complaining..yes it does suck they did it with 3 hours but it's still better IMO..it doesn't just affect you it affects all the teams about to lose position..so there is no reason to complain about it...

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Easiest way would be to just bump up the rewards a notch for each tier, or just reward all participants a time machine so we can go back and get the ip we missed out on.

I hope they don't widen prize tiers. Sorry, but I feel like it's a bit of a spit in the face to the teams that actually earned it. I doubt Top10 would be at 20+ million IP if the Top 10 teams knew all 11 of them would get prizes.

Obviously the 11th place team will disagree, but still.

AZZ.
09-16-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree with Big money. Don't mess with the prizes for set tiers.

Dklv
09-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you for this. Appreciate your listening.

Frosty9
09-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Greedy Bastards are so full of fecal matters!

some players planned their battles times until the 6 hours more. now they screw everyone over!

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Greedy Bastards are so full of fecal matters!some players planned their battles times until the 6 hours more. now they screw everyone over!Go back to original plan then!

MF~
09-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Unbelievable.

saintdenay11
09-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree with Big money. Don't mess with the prizes tiers

Kill0r
09-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Good call. All this complaining about planned battle times etc. is just ridiculous. It doesn't make much of a difference - whether you're playing with or without gold.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Coming out of the woodwork now that GREE changed it back to the original end time. If you objected to the change back and wanted to keep the extension, why did you not voice your opinions in the now closed thread?

Javid
09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Thank you gree, I take back what I said before....... I un-**** you!

SmoothCriminal
09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Good decision iv spent enough this war. 500 free gold should keep everyone happy

Laelia
09-16-2013, 10:18 AM
sweet relief......thank you

montecore
09-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Are you the wife or the girlfriend?

Aeternitas
09-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for listening... Even if it took awhile for good sense to kick in. Thank you all the same.

kuksluk
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Android still shows the extended deadline, wouldn't surprise me if wars continue after the standard time anyway... Time for a third strategy change anyone?

Rudd
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Good decision iv spent enough this war. 500 free gold should keep everyone happy

That's what's wrong with this country. Something goes wrong and you want something for nothing. Gree, thank you for listening and moving end of war back to original time.

JediPimp
09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
In addition to the event time being rolled back, we're also looking at widening the reward tiers a bit or coming up with something else as a way to make things up to everyone. More on that will be posted when available, exact details are still being worked out.

Good, because your poor matchmaking screwed us out of not just a top 400 finish, but now we can't even make 500!

Dr Girlfriend
09-16-2013, 11:06 AM
I hope they don't widen prize tiers. Sorry, but I feel like it's a bit of a spit in the face to the teams that actually earned it. I doubt Top10 would be at 20+ million IP if the Top 10 teams knew all 11 of them would get prizes.

Obviously the 11th place team will disagree, but still.

I agree 100% - unless they want to give HTC Blue a share of third place. ;)

heycarolyn
09-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Thank you Gree. We at Bones appreciate your wise decision!

GravyTrain
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Thank you!! From the entire Team at NRB!!

Triga Treat
09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
The only thing worse than changing the time to extend it, is changing the time to reduce it again. Stop changing stuff! This makes it impossible to plan and is unfair for lots of teams! 1/2 our team is away for the last battle because they didn't think it was the last battle! This has to be the biggest mess up I have ever seen GREE do!

-Triga

Hi everyone!

As has been made extremely apparent, the vast majority of the players were not happy with the time extension on the syndicate war. As CJ posted in the other thread, we did receive quite a lot of support tickets asking for this, and event extensions are part of standard procedure when we encounter major issues. That said, it's clear that we need to look at treating Syndicate battles a little differently.

We've been reading all of your feedback here on the forums, and CJ spent a lot of last night following up with many players in the community and from support tickets to collect additional information. I'm happy to let you know that the event has been restored to it's original timeframe, and will end in approx 3 hours.

We're also going to be taking all of this feedback into account to draft a better policy going forward for these types of events. We apologize for all the player confusion and disappointment surrounding the last few days.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Android still shows the extended deadline, wouldn't surprise me if wars continue after the standard time anyway... Time for a third strategy change anyone? Our syndicate players on Android are now showing the correct time after restarting their phones.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 11:38 AM
The only thing worse than changing the time to extend it, is changing the time to reduce it again. Stop changing stuff! This makes it impossible to plan and is unfair for lots of teams! 1/2 our team is away for the last battle because they didn't think it was the last battle! This has to be the biggest mess up I have ever seen GREE do!-TrigaWe managed to get hold of nearly everyone and they are all fighting hard knowing that this is the last battle. GREE reversed a bad decision and they are also looking to make up for this by way of reward, possibly some gold. Let's hope they have learned some lessons for when things go wrong in future events!

the_dude
09-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Thank you Gree, surprised and happy you decided to work with the community.

saintdenay11
09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
everyone is our group showed up for the last battle and love the fact the time was changed back

Angel6ix6ix6
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
This is bull, you can't keep going back and forth on this stuff. Changed plans to go with new time and come back and the ish is over. Idiots running this game and this board.

montecore
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
We wasted so much money fighting for a prize that went to top 12 instead of top 10. Good For You, Gree... GFY.

wepox
09-16-2013, 12:17 PM
thank god its over from every one at Black Death its bin a real mess of a war but any ways thank you for hearing us the ppl..... to every one crying about the change back why didn't you speak up! We heard from all most no one and now you want to cry.....
here is a tissue

MichelleEvelyncc
09-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Haha; Geez, how do you **** that up! We had people spending lots of gold to secure top 150. Gonna give that back now?
Really. This is sad. You guys need to start testing people's intelligence before giving them a job.

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Congrats to the real Top 10 teams, who each scored 7 million IP more than what was apparently necessary.

Legen...dary
09-16-2013, 12:27 PM
10 minutes before the end. "Crap, have to spend gold to get the prize" 2 minutes before the end. "nope, just burned my money" THAT IS THE LAST PENNY YOU WILL EVER SEE FROM THIS VERY UNHAPPY FORMER-CUSTOMER. F U C K Y O U GREEd!

Edit: Oh, since this will obviously be my last post, It's been fun guys. Give'em hell, Dippy and Odorus!

MWWM J
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Vault of gold for everyone. This is the biggest screwup from Gree. Stupid af. A free vault of gold is the only option Gree has. It doesn't help the top 10 teams but at least it eases some of the pain in their wallets.

MichelleEvelyncc
09-16-2013, 12:31 PM
My **** you was censored, but it was a well intended F U C K Y O U

MichelleEvelyncc
09-16-2013, 12:39 PM
This can't be solved by free gold for everyone. Just pull the plug.

flyingk
09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Oh great Gree(d)! Another big failure in a couple of minutes. Widening the prizes is just crap! Well done! You really messed that one up. Top syndicates are spending gold for no good. And syndicates like mine who suffered from your endless incompetence but finished at 380 something haven't been compensated at all.

Really thinking about quiting the game.

cookies
09-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks for changing the event duration back to it's original time. Personally i would not have loosend the prize tiers 2 minutes before the end but oh well. :p

TMI
09-16-2013, 12:42 PM
All this because they didn't want to just give us some gold at the end of the war!

almost everyone here was saying, just give some gold after the war. And this is what they do instead? why not just listen to us? oh well, maybe giving out gold costs them real money?? i can't explain it!

Kotten
09-16-2013, 12:47 PM
How is it even possible to fail as much as you do GREE?

Is there any brains at all behind this operation?

mxz
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Vault of gold for everyone. This is the biggest screwup from Gree. Stupid af. A free vault of gold is the only option Gree has. It doesn't help the top 10 teams but at least it eases some of the pain in their wallets.I can assure you there are probably 50 people on each 4-11 team that easily spent a vault or more in the last 2 hours.

montecore
09-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I can assure you there are probably 50 people on each 3-11 team that easily spent a vault or more in the last 2 hours.

The appropriate thing to do is to refund every bit of gold, to every syndicate member, who scored higher than the team that finished in the bottom tier.

It's also the last thing Gree would ever do.

2lethal
09-16-2013, 01:33 PM
You cannot just change the end time!!!

I have 3 school kids in the EST, and we are all in the same syndicate ... we were going to get into top 4000when they got home from school - normally I take their iOS with me to stay up.

That just sucks!

750 030 987

Crazzy88s'
09-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Thank you Gree for listening!

julius squeezer
09-16-2013, 01:41 PM
The only fair thing to do is for gree to refund everyone for every bar of gold ever bought and declare bankruptcy because you asses proved to everyone that you don't have a F*ING clue how to write code!

The Fonz
09-16-2013, 01:55 PM
The only fair thing to do is for gree to refund everyone for every bar of gold ever bought and declare bankruptcy because you asses proved to everyone that you don't have a F*ING clue how to write code!
....or manage events....or handle situations when things go awry....or devising proper resolutions.....

Mack The Knife
09-16-2013, 02:14 PM
So...I notice that Gree actually paid attention to the outcry against changing the time on the syndicate wars. Im viewing this as a positive thing. It means they do listen. I think it might be a good idea to come up with a monthly sticky poll of things we'd like to see implemented or changed in the game. for instance

The Android Scrolling Issue during wars.
Whether or not to lock Syndicates etc....

Im sure Gree is all for people being able to spend more faster. and a thread with a poll where people could vote on issues directly might make it easy for them to focus their attention.

Someone more in tune with what CC needs than me should create the "Things we'd like to see implemented in Crime City"
poll/thread. It should be moderated and without the usual vitriol.

I think it really might yield results. or at least open dialog from mods and Gree personal on why certain things aren't feasible.

Vile Lynn
09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
How about a policy of not switching the rules around in the middle of the game?

montecore
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM

Now you're just being crazy.

CJ54
09-16-2013, 02:58 PM
I strongly suspect that will be the hard policy, going forward.

StellaVana
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
I personally would like to see it extended to 6pm every battle weekend. For those of us in US having a chance to get in a couple of more battles after work on monday could make the difference in winning one of the prize spots.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I personally would like to see it extended to 6pm every battle weekend. For those of us in US having a chance to get in a couple of more battles after work on monday could make the difference in winning one of the prize spots. You're mad! How about shortening it to 6pm Sunday night and keeping it to just the weekend...

GU7 F4WK3S
09-16-2013, 03:12 PM
this battle was a complete tire fire. grees decision to try and put it out by throwing gas on it was hilarious. someone needs to own up to the decisions that were made. they defied logic. *slow clap*

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks Gree, support your decision to un-extend. Ballsy move.

The relaxation of prize tiers, on the other hand, poor judgement. If anything, you should have relaxed them on next battle so as to allow people to plan for it accordingly.

The Fonz
09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I personally would like to see it extended to 6pm every battle weekend. For those of us in US having a chance to get in a couple of more battles after work on monday could make the difference in winning one of the prize spots.
NO! I live in the US, work full-time and deal with the current end time just fine. It doesn't matter if you're suggesting 6:00pm EST or PST; I am not investing additional hours into an event that's already too long to begin with. Also, 6:00pm is rush hour traffic for many; I'm not going to tap away on my device because cars are crawling.

gsxr_07
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
You're mad! How about shortening it to 6pm Sunday night and keeping it to just the weekend...

Now you are thinking

StellaVana
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
How about you GOLD buyers STOP buying gold anymore and make it a fair game for those of us not willing to spend our hard earned money on some dumb game. YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!! I enjoy this game very much and enjoy the battles but it is not worth spending real money on, staying up all night on and dropping everything for. SO HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STOP TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY AND MAKE IT A FAIR FIGHT AGAIN WITH NO GOLD.

jfeezy1210
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM

This is unrelated but since I can't post a new thread, here goes...

My syndicate received the TOP 1000(1200) prize Pack O' Dogs (686/561) now the splash screen and the original rewards list, listed it as having +3% attack from cars BUT it is showing in my stats and bonuses screen as having +3% mafia defense...WTF is going on?????

Steve0
09-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I strongly suspect that will be the hard policy, going forward.I honestly think your team at gree make this right in a very big way we were only 37k from 90 th position and i would feel like we would have pushed for that position if we were battleling but ours ended 20 min before the end of war. Time and time again Gree screws up just about every week. When can we have a war with no screwups?

sharpshooter333
09-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you for listening.

Antheus
09-16-2013, 06:44 PM
How about you GOLD buyers STOP buying gold anymore and make it a fair game for those of us not willing to spend our hard earned money on some dumb game. YOU are the ones that ruined the game by letting GREE make this a MONEY game!! I enjoy this game very much and enjoy the battles but it is not worth spending real money on, staying up all night on and dropping everything for. SO HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STOP TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY AND MAKE IT A FAIR FIGHT AGAIN WITH NO GOLD.

...such idiots should be banned from Internet ..their IP address should be traced and swift action should be taken...garbage unlimited ....oughhh ..and he is another one of those syn "leaders".....???...!!!...delete this guy Gree ! !

offline04
09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone!

I refer to the last part: widening a bit, okay, but where is the widening in the upper levels? make it 1-2, 2-3, 3-5. where is the post explaining the different options you guys where thinking about, and where is the explanation why you did what you did?
it's been a couple hours now, and no official response or statement.

Meno
09-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Way to give us three hours! Hahaha, what a compete joke you guys are.

Absolute silence
09-16-2013, 09:52 PM

I would like to take a moment and address your suggestion Stella.... It is naive and unrealistic.

...To put it in simple teams, Gree is a gaming company and not a government subsidized gaming "welfare" program. In other words, to continue to grow and survive there needs to be constant income coming into the Gree to cover the cost of their operation ... Servers, office space, staff ect.... and that all cost money. Big money to be exact.

Absent gold, this game would become a financial loss for Gree.... And I assure you, it would be dropped regardless of how much you enjoy playing for free. So unless you can come up with a new source of finances for Gree, gold is here to stay.

Beamer 420
09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I would like to take a moment and address your suggestion Stella.... It is naive and unrealistic.

...To put it in simple teams, Gree is a gaming company and not a government subsidized gaming "welfare" program. In other words, to continue to grow and survive there needs to be constant income coming into the Gree to cover the cost of their operation ... Servers, office space, staff ect.... and that all cost money. Big money to be exact.

Absent gold, this game would become a financial loss for Gree.... And I assure you, it would be dropped regardless of how much you enjoy playing for free. So unless you can come up with a new source of finances for Gree, gold is here to stay. Thanks for that outstanding explanation of why Capitalism works.

Paul Vitti
09-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Thank you GREE!

Vile Lynn
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM

Now you're just being crazy. lol, indeed... I should have said "event" instead of game.

Thank you, CJ. I really don't mind the rules changing; I've come to expect it. The game needs to evolve.

How about a policy of warning us at least 24/48 hours before changing event aspects?
...just to give us a chance to post feedback before rather than after.
We might like the switch! :cool: