PDA

View Full Version : Doing Math on Syn War extension

djl
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM
It's really pretty obvious, as others have commented, but I think it's just worth saying it up front: this is just to recoup player spending.
Additional 6 hrs of war = 12x waiting 30 minutes for a matchup.
I don't know about the rest of you, but our syndicate had this experience about 8 times. Sometimes up to 40 minutes, sometimes less. Half of these were defensive battles, where we don't spend anyway.

So, to make up for about 4 hrs of "lost" playing (which was shared equally be all syndicates, judging by the technical explanation and the reactions on forum) and net 2 hrs of lost gold-spending activity, we are being "rewarded" with an additional six hours of war. Whether this would translate into 6 hrs or 3 hrs of gold spending for most syndicates is an open question, but it just reinforces the point that this is a money grab only.

Probably the additional time is built in to account for lower participation rates (i.e. lower gold spending) because many people will be at work during the extended hours and it will take a bit longer than the 4 hours of "lost" time to make up the income.

Thanks for nothing.

Rebels
09-15-2013, 09:18 PM
1+1=gthree

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 09:26 PM
both posts above look legit

Legen...dary
09-15-2013, 09:31 PM
...or maybe the extra hours are because everyone on an android device had to waste their time scrolling back down looking for their target and didn't have the time/ability to spend as much gold as they usually do. GREE has to make that money back, somehow, right?

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 09:36 PM
above post has also been reviewed for accuracy & authenticity.

passed! This thread is on a roll.

Absolute silence
09-15-2013, 10:34 PM
You all know what you need to do. It was done once before...

Gree lives off a gold....

Think about it.

killerbee
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
seriously you gree developers are disappointing instead of apologizing and give all your loyal players something extra to say ok at least they know the problem was at their end and they are saying sorry the right way.. you punish us and try to grab more cash from us and make our lives even harder. not sure we will keep playing much longer to be honest, feel that the game is not worth a single dollar spent anymore when I see no appreciation and responsibility ownership by makers.

"I usually spend 150bux per battle towards the end of the battle give or take." and will not spend a dollar on this battle even if u extend it 2 more weeks.