PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate War Extended

Jerle
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Heads up,

After reviewing the various problems caused by guild matching earlier in the war, we've extended the event by 6 hours and will now end this Monday at 6:00 PM PST.

EDIT for CJ Blue Post update much further down in the thread:

Okay, this is some pretty extensive feedback, and we're listening, but I want to be clear about something: The only reason for the extension was because we received a TON of urgent requests to extend the event due to the issues that hit earlier in the event. There was precedent, we had extended a World Domination event in Modern War at player request, for a similar major issue. We have also done this numerous times for LTQs, lockbox events, leaderboard events, and other limited time content across all the games, again at player request.

That may well have been the wrong call in this case, but the major concern then became that if we changed it AGAIN, that would be compounding things even further for people who then adjusted everything for the extra 6 hours. That is an equally big deal at this stage in the game.

We're listening carefully to all the feedback on this, and it may be too late to pull back the timer for this event, but we have heard you on this in regards to moving forward.

Will Update Further

MWWM J
09-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Why would you do that? I work during those times.

Rebels
09-15-2013, 06:22 PM
That's not going to help anyone but Gree. Another 6 hours of gold use.
It's not like anyone had an advantage over any other team. We all had the same issue.

Most people will be working or sleeping

bobtodd
09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
are you serious . people are just limping until this event ends, and you want to extend it . Gree you make me sick

Euchred
09-15-2013, 06:25 PM
You realize this would only be a plus if we needed wins for a SLTQ, which didn't happen.

Dipstik
09-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Didnt make your quota this time?

You realize, of course, that people pace their play with a particular ending time in mind. This is completely unfair.

Bandit_
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I was hoping it would end six hours earlier ........

in-game j
09-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Wow .....really?

MattThomas08
09-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Well this idea sucks.

edub
Seriously gree!!! this has to be the worst call ever ! Gree messes up so their solution lets mess things up even more congrats on doing just that

bald zeemer
Will the sale also be extended?

Davidvilla
09-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Please tell me it's a joke.

Dr Girlfriend
09-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm glad everyone's calling this out for what it is, a literal gold grab. Total BS, Gree. You people suck.

budman68
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
GREETARDS!! Enough already! Change it back and stop "fixing" what doesn't matter and fix the right things ip cheaters for instance, rival list screw ups!

saintdenay11
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
I am truly starting to think that Gree is run by a bunch of monkeys

Johnny70
09-15-2013, 06:35 PM
The stupidity in this "solution" should shock me but unfortunatly it doesn't. People do have to have jobs to pay for these stupid pixels..... Extending this event when 95% of the people will be at work is just rock ass dumb.....

AZZ.
09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
This sucks what a bad idea!

the_dude
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Why are you punnishing us for your fup?

HCG_Recruiter
09-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Really? You couldn't even fix the biggest complain we had, the battle list jumping to the top with every action, yet you want us to continue spending for even longer? Eat my you know what GREE. Give us a 40% off for an hour and I will be happy with this stupid decision, but if not, this is garbage.

Ruxpin
GREE must not have made their quota this war...

etch-tee-see
Terrible idea

jmeijer
09-15-2013, 06:40 PM
I planned on buying three more vaults. Won't do it now because of this idiotic action. Seriously GREE, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Jtstar7439
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
This is a really stupid idea....

Drew's Crew
What idiot thought extending it was a good idea??? Gee, let me guess. You want to make more money on gold. Sorry. Not happening. That major mess up you put us through cost me almost all my gold. So no more money from me. Might not ever buy gold again. You don't care about the players, you care about money.

jrei
This is disgusting and obviously has nothing to do with the match-up problems. We all had issues, we all have been positioning ourselves to hit targets by a certain time just as normal. This is really getting old.

teo
09-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Jerle you guys are getting much better about communication between the company and players on this forum. I know you are just the one passing the message here and none of what is said is a reflection on you personally.

I must say that the extension isn't wanted by practically anyone. If it is intended to make up for the 'lost' time it is not bringing anything valuable to the table for any of us.

It is appreciated if you guys want to think about ways to make it up to us when there are mistakes and problems. Truly. Unfortunately this solution is not something that is going to be perceived that way as can clearly be seen by the comments so far.

Please just let the event end as originally scheduled.

Thanks Jerle

Ryan the Great8
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
just a bad idea GREE. we see it as it is---just a way for you to make more money.

I actually think GREE is run by geniuses. Look at the money that they will make on this. From a business standpoint, it's a great choice for them

jmeijer
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Let's post the memes about Gree again! I don't understand why Gree bans those people, as the allegations are all true. Bunch of hypocrites.

Drew's Crew
09-15-2013, 06:46 PM
just a bad idea GREE. we see it as it is---just a way for you to make more money.

I actually think GREE is run by geniuses. Look at the money that they will make on this. From a business standpoint, it's a great choice for them

Well said Ryan. Hi by the way.

Rodney26
Most ridiculous idea yet gree..just bc you didn't make the money you would like due to droid players having issues does not mean you should extend 6 hours..I don't think you realize how many people will quit bc of this...

Wildfire
What about the people who get these 6 extra hours in the middle of the night as opposed to those who get them in the evening, how's that fair?

VikesUK
So they screw-up meaning many people have spent extra gold to try to make up for it, then double penalise by extending the time

This is the nearest I've come yet to chucking this farce.

nazgul
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Heads up,

After reviewing the various problems caused by guild matching earlier in the war, we've extended the event by 6 hours and will now end this Monday at 6:00 PM PST.

Jerle,

I guess I understand the thinking behind this. I'm glad that you have acknowledged that there was in fact a glitch in the guild matching. But as you can see by the comments, I don't think this approach really compensates us.

Syndicate wars are exhausting for those of us who take it seriously. We stay up late, buy gold, debate over tactics, and tap-tap-tap on our phones instead of doing other things (like sleep). An extra 6 hours is not a reward or compensation in any way, at least in my opinion.

Perhaps a better compensation would be to relax the prizes somehow. Instead of top 25, give that prize to the top 30. Top 50 goes to top 60 or 70, and so on. Some of us are going to miss those ranks, and the extra six hours will only exacerbate that.

I guess I'm living in a fantasy land, thinking that you will actually read this and consider it. But I had to write it.

Dr Girlfriend
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Are you noticing that no one is saying, "thank you," for you're cash-seeking solution yet, Gree?

VikesUK
09-15-2013, 06:49 PM
GREE must not have made their quota this war...

Probably very astute with that comment!

tfletcher20
60% off gold sale or 500 gold and/or a billion in game cash to every player.

Tomatoneverdie
This sounds like a money grab to me, at least have the balls to call it as it is. Think for your customers once in a while. How about making the event 2.5 days so it ends on Sunday instead of Monday....

BigMoney
Haha, I thought someone was pulling my leg when they said GREE was extending war 6 hours, but nope you're serious. Just adding my name to the list of people tired of GREE's money-grubbing tactics.

Aeternitas
09-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Heads up,

Since everyone suffered the same and we don't need more time to complete the event (we just need it to be over), there's no reason it would be of benefit to players to extend it another 6 hours. It's not like you fixed the problems. Just hidden them under the Gree carpet (of gold). That's how your tech support responds to issues.

Why do you punish players when you guys screwed up??

Ryan the Great8
09-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Jerle,

I guess I understand the thinking behind this. I'm glad that you have acknowledged that there was in fact a glitch in the guild matching. But as you can see by the comments, I don't think this approach really compensates us.

Syndicate wars are exhausting for those of us who take it seriously. We stay up late, buy gold, debate over tactics, and tap-tap-tap on our phones instead of doing other things (like sleep). An extra 6 hours is not a reward or compensation in any way, at least in my opinion.

Perhaps a better compensation would be to relax the prizes somehow. Instead of top 25, give that prize to the top 30. Top 50 goes to top 60 or 70, and so on. Some of us are going to miss those ranks, and the extra six hours will only exacerbate that.

I guess I'm living in a fantasy land, thinking that you will actually read this and consider it. But I had to write it.

This seems like a much better compensation idea than extending the battle. Just relax the tiers on the overall prizes and end the battle on time please.

jmeijer
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
60% off gold sale or 500 gold and/or a billion in game cash to every player.A billion for every player? I have to save 3 days for it, others months. No way. 60% off sale is the only good option in my eyes.

Poweraxe
09-15-2013, 06:53 PM
I vote NO to this idea
What no vote

tfletcher20
09-15-2013, 06:54 PM
@ jerale. I don't think I would like your job, it does have to get old fixing broken stuff all the time.

The_
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks for this.

Senator McCarthy
09-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Gree screws up and decides to punish us with more tedious battle.

Are you guys doing market research to find out the burn out rate to this game?

brandocommando
09-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Well add me and my 59 syndicate mates to the list of ppl who think this is a horrible idea. Thanks Gree for taking your mistake and making it worse. :mad:

TonyStark
09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Gree,

Stupid idea to extend the event.

Drew's Crew
Gree screws up and decides to punish us with more tedious battle.

Are you guys doing market research to find out the burn out rate to this game?

I volunteer to be a test subject. This latest money making idea from GREEdy has me really close to ending my time on Crime City.

marcus...
GREE knows the backlash of comments this would bring, and hence would never read the comments on this post. Therefore I won't write an essay on how much of a joke the explanation as to why they are implementing this is. I will agree to it being one of the worst decisions ever though.
How about focusing on generating new players rather than pissing off those who have spent gold for a long period..?

Icestorm
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
How is extending the time going to make up for the glitches? Everyone experienced the same issues and its not like anyone had an unfair advantage. After the original destined event end time, I will not use gold.

Fredfreddy
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
They should have made this a poll. I have nothing more to add other than I agree with everyone, please just end it on time, we were all at an equal disadvantage.

TX-MA
09-15-2013, 07:05 PM
You have got to be kidding! We already have to put our lives on hold from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon (USA Time) to participate in these wars, and you want to add 6 hours because you had a problem that affected every one of us? That's only causing another problem that affects us all again and not in any positive way! This is ridiculous! Did it ever occur to Gree to ask us, the players, what we want? If you did there would be many changes, and this would NOT be one of them!

Fievel
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Not much more can be said than what already has been, I would just like to add my name to the tally. Truly the worst decision yet.

kingofwale
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Heads up,

Gree Engineering??

How are you keeping your job with sooo many screw-ups.

dispohero
09-15-2013, 07:07 PM
and yet, the vast majority of you will all still tap tap tap tap refill tap tap tap tap refill...

sricc
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
if you are trying to make up for the money Gree lost because of the glitch, just man up and say it. Don't pretend like you are trying to help us by making us battle for another 6 hours on a Monday instead of working/sleeping/enjoying with family.

BigMoney
09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Good thing there isn't a tight battle for Top 10 with only a few hundred thousand points separating 9th place from 11th place, and an extra 6 hours of war certainly won't cause the final total to explode. Commendable job, GREEd!

Durzo666
09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks Gree I really appreciate it.. bunch of tools making decisions there! give us a 1500 gold for our trouble instead..

SC4R
09-15-2013, 07:15 PM
really? is that a good or bad thing...

TMI
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
This is BAD for us.

Don't do it. Redact this ASAP!!

spunky1
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
You greedy bastards! You changed the rules mid tournament! This is total bull ****! These battles are already too long. We plan our battles our strategy our spend and our schedules based on what we know and then you change it 2/3 of the way through!
Get ****ed Gree d.

GucciMane
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
GREE knows the backlash of comments this would bring, and hence would never read the comments on this post. Therefore I won't write an essay on how much of a joke the explanation as to why they are implementing this is. I will agree to it being one of the worst decisions ever though.
How about focusing on generating new players rather than pissing off those who have spent gold for a long period..?

I have literally been saying this for the past 3 months. WIth each passing "change" this game gets less and less forgiving to new players, more and more syndicate or oriented when not every player is in a serious top-150(-) syn, Boss events and LTQ have gone from individual to syndicate, this game has literally NO appeal to new players anymore.

geminiking01
09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Worst idea ever. How long until this thread gets locked? How long until this thread is replaced by a ******* cat thread.

juice6401
What a terrible idea. People are already getting burned out by the constant events and now you are going to extend them so you can make more money. This isn't in the best interest of any of your players. Most people are working at that time and just spent a the last 3 days checking in every hour or so to battle, no one wants to do it longer. If you want to make up for the mistake then give free gold, don't make people take more time out of there day checking in for wars.

Guisseppe17
Well I'm late, this is the first I've heard of this decision...nearly spit my drink out when I read the lame-ass explanation. Helping us? Please! You just want more money from us, as obvious from the explosion of complaints. I hope everyone here boycotts the rest of this war, even FC. Teach these retards a lesson and maybe they'll stop screwing us over 24/7. And go ahead and ban me if you want, see if I care.

saintdenay11
09-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Cat thread, they might change it up and make and a dog thread. Of course the mods won't come on and say something. They are to busy helping mess up another part of the game.

heycarolyn
09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
This is not fair to anyone playing. We have schedules and have worked through the issues yesterday. Extending the battle time only amplifies the problem. Does no team any justice. Please do not cause more frustration for everyone. We all want the battle to end on time, as it should. Thank you for listening.

TRAZ
09-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Truly less than desirable option you've chosen Gree. Alienated doesn't even begin to describe the pulse of the masses. Taking a backseat to the game and letting others have the reins of BBR is an uplifting experience. Takes a lot to get me to say something. Not only has there been epic fail during the event on a programming level, you now compound it by extending it. You really need to shut this down, perform critical maintenance overhaul, address your problem reports and present quality products.

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 07:35 PM
This is nonsense. How the heck does this make up for the matchup fubar? Which player/syndicate benefits from this war extension? Please end the war as scheduled, as we've planned our pitiful lives around this damn game.

This game used to be fun.

Now it's just feels like work.

No wait a minute... I get paid to work.

dragon001
09-15-2013, 07:36 PM
really??? two sets of prizes? would only be fairish....

GucciMane
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
You know what makes this worse.....

People who work on Mondays who were looking forward to the prizes just got rewarded with ANOTHER DAY of working both the game war and their job.

It used to make my Mondays great - you know, get the prizes around 12PM PST, you know, a good start to another week. Helps the day go by when your work over the weekend got rewarded. But now, gotta make sure syn doesn't lose hold of its top 50 spot.

Thank you GREE really, yall used to make my Mondays once a month something to look forward to.

Toys R Us
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
I guess we should all be grateful that GREEd didn't decide to make amends by adding a midweek PvP to the schedule!!!!!

bdub
09-15-2013, 07:42 PM
I have to say, given that GREE has never cared about their screwups enough to extend a battle time before, every post here is simply looking at the obvious...

genaks
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
A huge round of applause for GREE...

BigMoney
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
But now, gotta make sure syn doesn't lose hold of its top 50 spot.

Watch the battle for 10th. Last war 10th place was 13mil. There's 16 hours lef... errr, there's 22 hours left, and Top 10 is already 17.7mil. How much higher do you think it will climb given an extra 6 hours?

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I guess we should all be grateful that GREEd didn't decide to make amends by adding a midweek PvP to the schedule!!!!!

Oi shhhhhush.... stop giving em ideas

KING Mr932
09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Damn, smh! Should've quit when I had the chance..

Drew's Crew
09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Hmmmm. They extended the sale on gold. I wonder why??????

Javid
09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
You can go **** yourself greed!!!

Legen...dary
09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks for this.

The Beater Crew isn't The Cheater Crew, according to you, and now this ^ ???

You're either on a troll roll, or...

You're an idiot, the.

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty sure this thread speaks loud and clear as a resounding "NOOOOOO! >:-{ " from every player in this entire game.

Bravo20
09-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Bunch of wankers greed

KING Mr932
09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
No one cares about the gold sale extension. This war has costed too much already end the war on time. Oh wait I forgot you never listen to the people who feeds your family's..

The Billionaire
09-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Very stupid move Gree, you've just annoyed your customer base even further by extending the event.

A complimentary 500 gold would have been sufficent for the issues this weekend.

Why don't you run a poll before doing this kind of thing?

You don't really shock me anymore but this is shocking

Guisseppe17
09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
You can go **** yourself greed!!!
Well this just summed it all up.

And trust me GREE, when BigMoney and The Billionaire come on to tell you you're being stupid...you're being really, really stupid. Not to mention the nine pages of complaints.

teo
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
We had to do the poll ourselves and I totally agree; why not run a poll once in a while?

You guys have something for free that other companies pay for.....a customer base that is interested in talking to you....It would be so easy to check interest by doing a poll sometime and feedback would be swift...

Zaz42
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
So gree is punishing us for their mistake?
I think that makes sense in the greetarded world.

Their apology forces us to battle more in order to keep our spots and not drop out of certain top spots.
It forces us to use more gold if we are trying to get higher.

I would prefer a golden apology, give me back the gold already wasted on your BS idea of making this up to us.

Laelia
09-15-2013, 08:04 PM
the wars are already a little on the long side....extending further into a weekday is a negative, not a make up

redhood
09-15-2013, 08:07 PM
this is what gree thinks, "hey, it's bad enough we screwed them up, why don't we make it worse." And change your name to greedy already.

montecore
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Of all the stupid, clueless, insipid, and insulting decisions Gree has made, I am 99% sure this is at the very top of the list.

Why not just extend it the whole month? Make these battles a monthly thing? You start on the first and end on the last day of the month, then you start a new one?

When we get close to 9 PM tomorrow, are you going to point out that you haven't fixed the droid scroll issue, and to make up for it you're going to add another 48 hours to the battle?

Do you somehow live in an insane asylum, where adding an extra six hours somehow only benefits those who had matchup problems and not the syndicates who didn't have any issues?

Is Gree actually some sort of secret dark comedy reality show, with the joke being how much grief you can put your customers through while the audience laughs?

I don't think this impacts SAS, FC, or RG. It's definitely going to impact many top 10, top 25 and top whatever teams who go into battle expecting 60 people putting up XXX IP each to achieve an appropriate finish. I think legal action by any syndicate who finds themselves in a top 10/top 25/top 100/whatever position at noon PST tomorrow but outside the bracket at 6 PM PST would be entirely warranted and reasonable. Of course, I am not a lawyer. So what do I know.

Drew's Crew
09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Of all the stupid, clueless, insipid, and insulting decisions Gree has made, I am 99% sure this is at the very top of the list.

Why not just extend it the whole month? Make these battles a monthly thing? You start on the first and end on the last day of the month, then you start a new one?

When we get close to 9 PM tomorrow, are you going to point out that you haven't fixed the droid scroll issue, and to make up for it you're going to add another 48 hours to the battle?

Do you somehow live in an insane asylum, where adding an extra six hours somehow only benefits those who had matchup problems and not the syndicates who didn't have any issues?

Is Gree actually some sort of secret dark comedy reality show, with the joke being how much grief you can put your customers through while the audience laughs?

I don't think this impacts SAS, FC, or RG. It's definitely going to impact many top 10, top 25 and top whatever teams who go into battle expecting 60 people putting up XXX IP each to achieve an appropriate finish. I think legal action by any syndicate who finds themselves in a top 10/top 25/top 100/whatever position at noon PST tomorrow but outside the bracket at 6 PM PST would be entirely warranted and reasonable. Of course, I am not a lawyer. So what do I know.

Well said!!!

KING Mr932
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

I need my SAS attorney!!!

Coladonato
09-15-2013, 08:20 PM
No wonder your stocks are in the dumps!

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I would prefer a golden apology

well, we're already getting pissed on. i suppose that counts.

Dipstik
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Really? You deleted the poll thread? Are you going to pretend we all like this decision and ban anyone who talks about it?

Disenchanted
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I need my SAS attorney!!!

You don't need a lawyer. Call Apple and ask for a refund. Gree changed the timing which unfairly impacts the money you spent. If Gree will not refund you then Apple likely will. If enough people do this than Gree might actually take note and try to fix the game they have destroyed.

TMI
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Heads up,

Assuming that you're telling the truth, and that this extension is to compensate us, or do us a favour, because of the screw-up this weekend, then look at the responses that you have gotten.

WE DO NOT LIKE THIS. IT IS MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE. WE DO NOT FEEL THIS COMPENSATES US, IT IS THE OPPOSITE, IT MAKES IT WORSE. If you're telling the truth about your intentions, then redact this extension. Start another sticky stating that you will NOT do this.

If this is NOT to do us a favour, then continue with this extension. It then begs the question, what is the REAL reason for this extension.

tazzman
09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Gree this is so stupid to extend the battle just another way to make money. I hope you change your mind when you realize you can't even handle regular battles without problems.

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Really? You deleted the poll thread? Are you going to pretend we all like this decision and ban anyone who talks about it?

still there
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68063-Vote-on-war-extension!!/page2

TMI
09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
still there
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68063-Vote-on-war-extension!!/page2

Where? i dont see it on the forum??

Putri Hazel
09-15-2013, 08:34 PM

At the cost of losing their customers. It could be an excellent business point of view, but really suck in retaining customers or making their customers feel valued for long term. Which is ALOT more important if your business wants to stick around for awhile.

Compensating your best customers with 200 gold is nothing compare to the income you've been getting. It is not even a vault! But a little give like that sure make your customer happy.

Get your GM to order some brain... I've been quiet so far and I'm one of your best customer spending vaults of gold every 3 weeks. But now I'm getting really sick of this bs..

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
apples gives refunds?

I didn't know that. Sounds like a good avenue for iOS players to hit. iirc Apple penalises errant publishers as well. A nice smackdown.

Anyone with similar experience on this for droids?

Legen...dary
09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
apples gives refunds?

HAhahahahahhahahaahahaaa! What would we do without you, Odorus?

Mithrandir32123
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
...and yet people will stay and people will pay.

TG3d
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Let me just add my name to the loooong list of ppl who think this idea sucks.... It's funny that many of our syndicates can't agree on anything else, but I think we can all see this for what it is.

.....This may be a first, but even I agree with Dippy!

moku
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Please tell me it's a joke.

The joke's on us...

djl
09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Heads up,

Very bad idea. If (as your sig suggests) you fix everything, then get this crazy idea revoked.

Shthead mike
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Dumb. People work hard to pace themselves through the tournament. With 1/3 of the time left go burn out the syndicate leaders for another 6 hours, make a ton of people worry longer and try to rip that rent money out of their pockets. Here's another kick in the balls because we like the game. Never mind gree. Wtf is wrong with us to stick around?

KING Mr932
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
At the cost of losing their customers. It could be an excellent business point of view, but really suck in retaining customers or making their customers feel valued for long term. Which is ALOT more important if your business wants to stick around for awhile.

Compensating your best customers with 200 gold is nothing compare to the income you've been getting. It is not even a vault! But a little give like that sure make your customer happy.

Get your GM to order some brain... I've been quiet so far and I'm one of your best customer spending vaults of gold every 3 weeks. But now I'm getting really sick of this bs..

200 gold is not acceptable, that's a spit in the face to someone like me. The 11k they owe me would make me a happy customer again..

KING Mr932
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
@ TG3d I hate to say it but, I 2nd that lol..

The Billionaire
09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
We had to do the poll ourselves and I totally agree; why not run a poll once in a while?

You guys have something for free that other companies pay for.....a customer base that is interested in talking to you....It would be so easy to check interest by doing a poll sometime and feedback would be swift...

This is a very valid point Gree!

You've got the tools and customer base at your disposal so why don't you use them?

This extension can easily be undone and some complimentary gold sent out to all as an apology. I can't stress enough that this is your only option now.

Like Montecore said it's not really going to affact the top 3 but i really feel sorry for all the other teams in the top 500.

By continuing with this extension you're going to piss a lot of players off. Players are getting burnt out left, right and centre and quitting the game as it is, this isn't helping that situation. When the leader and co-creator of Fight Club quits the game because he's had enough of the company that runs it, surely that sends you a message that you're not doing things correctly. He was one of your biggest spending customers across all platforms and the changes to the gold bonus program was the beginning of the end for him. Other Crime City legends and top players are calling it a day, just start listening and asking us a bit more and you'll find players will be more willing to spend and hang around for the entertainment.

Extending the event is only going make players feel even worse than they already do and the fact that we've all become use to the event finishing at the same time you're only causing more disruption to you customers lives with this extension.

Personally i think the syndicate events should only be 48 hours long and run from Friday to Sunday. Why don't you run a poll to find out what everyone else thinks............ na that would be too easy :)

I know you're reading this Gree and it doesn't affect Fight Club but as a team we really feel for the other players in all the other teams because they are the ones who are going to suffer from this extension.

Undo the extension now and send out some free gold and all will be forgotten by the time the next event comes round. I really don't know what other advice to give you.

To everyone else, i feel for ya and stay strong! Our voice will be heard! (Finger crossed)

Disenchanted
09-15-2013, 09:26 PM
apples gives refunds?

Yes they do, they will refund you one time if you can show that Gree is not willing to resolve an issue. I have received a refund of over $300. I would rather have a fun game that works.

reesebutton
09-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Personally i think the syndicate events should only be 48 hours long and run from Friday to Sunday.

a 3 day duration is needed to cover the weekend for all timezones

PFBKiller
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
I can't believe they decided this was the way to "help" us all.. by extending something that we all simply want to end. A weekend full of errors, and bugs. BooOOooO!

Van
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I am adding to the long list against this extension.

You don't change rules as and when you like. 3days duration MUST stay.

MichelleEvelyncc
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Speechless.

Dklv
09-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Just another unhappy, maybe short term, customer.

Benson
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Our voice will be heard!

You'd think so, but no. Its all about the Benjamins...

jimbo.
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
This is your worst decision made yet, I hope you haven't also put the prizes up in reverse order again as well,

tcroadracing
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Worst idea ever.

And that is saying something considering all the other screw ups from gree(d)

I will no longer purchase any gold, ever. Going to be a completley free player from this point on.

reras
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Come on, the war is too long in th first place! Worst decision (first decision) u ever made!

Ty1on
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM
You don't need a lawyer. Call Apple and ask for a refund. Gree changed the timing which unfairly impacts the money you spent. If Gree will not refund you then Apple likely will. If enough people do this than Gree might actually take note and try to fix the game they have destroyed.

The other thing you can do is do a review (if you haven't) or change your review (if you already have) in itunes and Play store... Not sure if you can change a review in iTunes, but you can in Google Play... Let people that are deciding on whether they want to download this game know what Gree does to the players that play it.

Guisseppe17
09-15-2013, 10:28 PM
This is your worst decision made yet, I hope you haven't also put the prizes up in reverse order again as well,
What?! That was their best f-up ever! I nearly choked to death when I saw the stats on that explosive from the first goal!

craftytempter
09-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Gree No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Absolute silence
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
You all know what you need to do... It was done one before.

Gold is Gree's lifeblood.... Are you ready to join in this time fight club?

AssassiNate
09-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm not going to add anything that hasn't been said already but just add my name to the list of unhappy customers, I don't think I can honestly spend another dollar with a dishonest company, I play 3 Gree games and spend a lot of money, until now, now I'm Gree free. I hope everyone asks for a refund who can, I know I'll be writing to apple in a minute to begin the process.

punawa
09-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Funny how Gree intentionally ignore this thread (after creating it) and ignore players voices.
No one wants your non-sense battle extension. Don't you realize that or you're too busy counting the gold being bought right now?
Is your company base in North Korea? Acting like in a totalitarian state is certainly not a solution, either for you or for us.

I will make it easier for you: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68063-Vote-on-war-extension!!
It couldn't be clearer that people don't accept your totalitarianism. Respect us and we will respect you. You guys are feeding your wives & children thanks to us, start having consideration for the ones feeding you.

Dutchie
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
The 6hr extension to this event has gone down like a lead balloon. Be interesting to see whether this decision will hurt their bottom line in the long run because I see a lot of unhappy players. (slow clap)

Classic J
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Why 6 hours... Extend to 1-2 days...

crazyman1
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
+1 to all the responses also please change it back please

craftytempter
09-15-2013, 11:40 PM
what we need to do is get every player from as many syndicates to log a support call.

subject ............Syndicate name ..NO to Syndicate War Extended.

dads
09-15-2013, 11:41 PM
We All know nothing will change it will stay at a extra 6 hrs.
Why even bother to voice your disgust.
The only way it will GREE will stop doing what they like when they like & you swallow the bitter pill is if syndicate leaders pull together & don't fight the extra 6 the chances of that are a million to one as there will always be some ready to take advantage if that happened.

Basicly take it up the rear as non ones gonna change nothing with words alone.

ablankone
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Keep up the tremendous work Gree. Allowing me to play for an extra 6 hours ranks right up there with my other hobbies of wiping my azz with a cheese grater, eating pepper with my eyes and snorting caustic soda.

Can we also have a few more of those Syn v Syn things whilst ur at it - maybe 3 of em all at the same time. I love those a lot.

Guisseppe17
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
We All know nothing will change it will stay at a extra 6 hrs.
Why even bother to voice your disgust.
The only way it will GREE will stop doing what they like when they like & you swallow the bitter pill is if faction leaders pull together & don't fight the extra 6 the chances of that are a million to one as there will always be some ready to take advantage if that happened.

Basicly take it up the rear as non ones gonna change nothing with words alone.
Oh yeah, I'm sure some people will keep playing. But GREE still loses gold. Question is, are the people who boycott willing to lose their ranks over teaching GREE to stop f-ing us over? It'd be a glorious day if FC, SAS, and RG could put aside their differences and organize a total boycott between the three...they'd still keep their respective ranks, just keep GREE from stealing more money.

Rebels
09-16-2013, 12:10 AM
I am still totally stunned at first the decision to extend the battle by 6 hours.
Second the fact we are their customers and it is obvious the majority don't want this and no response so far.

Listen to your consumer Gree.... We are not happy with this poor excuse of a 'fix'
Work with us, not driving us away.

This would have to be the worst customer service I have ever seen... Period.
Gree you still have the time to correct this and gain a little respect back.

killerbee
09-16-2013, 12:11 AM
I wonder how many more stuff ups you guys actually think you will get away with before more of the big boys and medium loyal players like my self just walk away and find better things to do in their life that they are respected, valued and appreciated.

no good logic or reasoning what so ever on this extension apart from the OBVIOUS revenue raising. instead of rewarding us and apologizing to us for YOUR server STUFFING UP OUR weekend plans. you try to get more out of us ! how dare you be sooo arrogant and disrespectful

I personally usually spend some gold towards the end of every war. and guess what, will not spend a single dime on this one. and I hope everyone that has spent money contacts apple store and lets them know that the terms changed on them and they want a full refund, same as android users contact google play store and ask for full refund. they are not allowed to change terms and end dates etc just giving us a notice and they are not meant to have failures like this when they charge.. Keep your cake Gree and eat it you self's

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 12:25 AM
The 6hr extension to this event has gone down like a lead balloon. Be interesting to see whether this decision will hurt their bottom line in the long run because I see a lot of unhappy players. (slow clap)

Just got this email from GREE...

"Hello Dutchie,

We at GREE Forum would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

and thank you for the awesome birthday present... best present ever!

punawa
09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Happy bday Dutchie.
As a present I offer you my 6hrs extensions. That makes 12hrs just for you.

Wimpy
09-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Gree, you f*ck up the weekend, lose a bunch of players and your income drops, so your remaining loyal customers foot the bill. This sucks. Pure, cynical, money-grabbing greed.

Any goodwill you had left with us is disappearing fast.

Have you seen one positive comment about this extension? No? I thought not. Now do the right thing and change it back.

shadow_
09-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Gree(dy), refuse this stupid idea and think about a compensation with gold. but however... stop this war without extension and do your work next time better.

Dirty Larry
09-16-2013, 12:59 AM
I concur with the last 200 comments. In summary this is a bad idea.

divver
09-16-2013, 01:01 AM
I concur with the last 200 comments. In summary this is a bad idea.
+1, with one extra word: "very", you all can figure out where to put it.

Blueeyed
09-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Way to push your customers away Gree-tards!!!

ablankone
09-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Above and beyond the obvious 6 hour gold grabbing strategy - do think about the psychology behind the small group at Gree who made and implemented this decision. I'm no psychologist but I can see something mental in this story!

I believe too that it is a small group that made this decision - NOT the entire staff at Gree.

Personally, I would not employ them in my company. They would not have the requisite smarts required to work with, for or on behalf of other people in a sensitive, considered way.

So what is this small band of small-minded decision makers at Gree saying?!

1. "We're Fire Starters"
We suffer from a mild inferiority complex in real life. Knowing full well that it is beyond your control to change our decision is empowering to us. Sitting back and knowing there will be a reaction from you not only offers slight titillation.. but further strengthens our sense of control over you.

2. "Blame Yourself Not Us"
Vengeance is sweet. Several players complained about the Android issues (you're always complaining about something). It's been kinda fun to do something that we knew none of you wanted but which we could easily shroud in the message that it's something that we thought you Really DID want...l!!! Yeh - it serves you right. Don't mess with us as we can be really vindictive... but we're smart and clever enough to vindicate our vindictive action. We gave you what you wanted right?... nah - we gave you what we think you deserve.

3. "Do we Really Care?"
Nah - not really. We're not all that happy in our jobs, salaries aren't fantastic and life here can get tedious as well as stressful. To be honest - we get it in the neck from both sides... our management for constantly pushing us to do more with limited resources... and an audiences that never seems to do anything other than complain. Yes, we know our platform isn't very good, we know our company is flailing and failing... it doesn't make us feel good, it isn't fulfilling, there's no long-term prospects... It's just a job... we're unimportant... so it's important for us to tell ourselves that you're even less so.

4. "We're here to make a statement!"
We're not just kids… we're WHIZZ-kids! We're maturer than what you think, we have better personalities than what our boring jobs suggest, we think faster and deeper than you do, we're wittier than you, we have the power to switch off your light at any time, we can choose as to whether to ignore you… you pay money, your money pays us… !

Lars
09-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks Gree, it was really about time to again a) screw up technically and b) show your utter disrespect for your customers.

Anyway, I won't be online at the last hours of the war now. It's much to late at my timezone, and I have to work on Tuesday.

leeroy
09-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Great close the Battles when all my UK players will be sleeping thanks Gree, if i knew this i wouldnt have started wasting my weekend

leeroy
09-16-2013, 01:32 AM
The worst thing about all this is we wont even get a reply from Gree

VikesUK
09-16-2013, 01:54 AM
They should just give the prizes based on ranking at normal close time. If any syndicate manages to rise a ranking tier during the overtime, then give that syndicate the extra prize too.

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Above and beyond the obvious 6 hour gold grabbing strategy - do think about the psychology behind the small group at Gree who made and implemented this decision. I'm no psychologist but I can see something mental in this story!

I believe too that it is a small group that made this decision - NOT the entire staff at Gree.

Personally, I would not employ them in my company. They would not have the requisite smarts required to work with, for or on behalf of other people in a sensitive, considered way.

So what is this small band of small-minded decision makers at Gree saying?!

1. "We're Fire Starters"
We suffer from a mild inferiority complex in real life. Knowing full well that it is beyond your control to change our decision is empowering to us. Sitting back and knowing there will be a reaction from you not only offers slight titillation.. but further strengthens our sense of control over you.

2. "Blame Yourself Not Us"
Vengeance is sweet. Several players complained about the Android issues (you're always complaining about something). It's been kinda fun to do something that we knew none of you wanted but which we could easily shroud in the message that it's something that we thought you Really DID want...l!!! Yeh - it serves you right. Don't mess with us as we can be really vindictive... but we're smart and clever enough to vindicate our vindictive action. We gave you what you wanted right?... nah - we gave you what we think you deserve.

3. "Do we Really Care?"
Nah - not really. We're not all that happy in our jobs, salaries aren't fantastic and life here can get tedious as well as stressful. To be honest - we get it in the neck from both sides... our management for constantly pushing us to do more with limited resources... and an audiences that never seems to do anything other than complain. Yes, we know our platform isn't very good, we know our company is flailing and failing... it doesn't make us feel good, it isn't fulfilling, there's no long-term prospects... It's just a job... we're unimportant... so it's important for us to tell ourselves that you're even less so.

4. "We're here to make a statement!"
We're not just kids… we're WHIZZ-kids! We're maturer than what you think, we have better personalities than what our boring jobs suggest, we think faster and deeper than you do, we're wittier than you, we have the power to switch off your light at any time, we can choose as to whether to ignore you… you pay money, your money pays us… !

To be honest I think it's simply a case that very few people working on this game have a particularly good grasp of how it works (from a gameplay POV, obviously). It has been demonstrated repeatedly on the forums (incorrect statements about modifiers, suggesting to people to put skill points into A/D, arguing for the efficacy of defensive buildings, etc).

They probably thought "gee, these problems seem to have prevented people from playing as much as they normally do, we could fix it by just giving them more time".

[nb. The obvious corollary of that is that in certain segments gold spend is down, and their attempt to 'let us play as much as we would normally like' in my example involves them wanting gold spend in those sectors back up to where it was].

dads
09-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Oh yeah, I'm sure some people will keep playing. But GREE still loses gold. Question is, are the people who boycott willing to lose their ranks over teaching GREE to stop f-ing us over? It'd be a glorious day if FC, SAS, and RG could put aside their differences and organize a total boycott between the three...they'd still keep their respective ranks, just keep GREE from stealing more money.

I belive that happened in Mw not 100.% sure,there was talk of it. Think it did thou during a "holiday" war. Only fighting to keep there ranks when ones behind tried to use it as a advantage. That's the biggest problem some will use it to there advantage not eveyone has tandards & the prizes always will cause some not to unite.

Nibelung Valesti
09-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Great job gree! You only think of us as your gold mine. Cant believe this is how you treat your customers. You already screwed our syndicate this weekend and screwed us again by giving us an extension. How about having a 6 hours maintenance instead to fix your systems. :mad:

Zedsta
09-16-2013, 02:14 AM
BS. Is this game run from someone's garage...

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 02:27 AM
I belive that happened in Mw not 100.% sure,there was talk of it. Think it did thou during a "holiday" war. Only fighting to keep there ranks when ones behind tried to use it as a advantage. That's the biggest problem some will use it to there advantage not eveyone has tandards & the prizes always will cause some not to unite.

I'd love if you posted the IP totals for top, t10, t25 etc for that war.

Nick010
09-16-2013, 02:43 AM
I just wanna thank Gree,

With the top 100 price we were willing to push for it, which a lot of teams already are doing if you check the increase of points already at this time. 2.7 mil normally after the push top 100 was good for 2.85mil. But now with this extra 6 hours 3,5 mil of points is a reasonable target. That means more vaults, vaults and vaults.

So thanks Gree for making my decision easy to not push anymore. If I wanna get screwed, at least I wanna enjoy it.

macattack
09-16-2013, 02:53 AM
Thanks Gree you make it easy to empty my hood and never play this game again ,I hope your left with nothing but empty hoods.looking forward to living Gree free !!!

CJ54
09-16-2013, 03:01 AM
Okay, this is some pretty extensive feedback, and we're listening, but I want to be clear about something: The only reason for the extension was because we received a TON of urgent requests to extend the event due to the issues that hit earlier in the event. There was precedent, we had extended a World Domination event in Modern War at player request, for a similar major issue. We have also done this numerous times for LTQs, lockbox events, leaderboard events, and other limited time content across all the games, again at player request.

That may well have been the wrong call in this case, but the major concern then became that if we changed it AGAIN, that would be compounding things even further for people who then adjusted everything for the extra 6 hours. That is an equally big deal at this stage in the game.

We're listening carefully to all the feedback on this, and it may be too late to pull back the timer for this event, but we have heard you on this in regards to moving forward.

punawa
09-16-2013, 03:07 AM
So where are these alleged players who asked for that? Don't see any in this topic or the poll thread.
Looks more like a lame excuse to me.

CJ54
09-16-2013, 03:09 AM
So where are these alleged players who asked for that? Don't see any in this topic or the poll thread.
Looks more like a lame excuse to me.

They were in the mass of tickets we received when things were briefly on fire. Again, from the feedback this was not a welcome solution, but that's the reason.

BigMoney
09-16-2013, 03:13 AM

Are you kidding? There is a HUGE difference between asking for more time in a syndicate war and asking for more time in a syndicate LTQ or case event. Almost anyone can score their IP quota in a matter of a few wars. Anyone who needs an extra 6 hours after 73 hours is already scoring millions of points, and the number of such players can be counted on one hand.

krcibe
09-16-2013, 03:18 AM
We are currently on the point of getting top 100, but as we are mostly European, we won't make it thanks to Gree! We were prepared for a late rush, helping us into top 100, but now we'll be sleeping...This game was so much fun, but you guys are ****ing up big time! Anyway thanks for the spoiled gold this weekend...

Tommy_K
09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
Just a thought but maybe it would be a good strategy to post something about a planned solution/fix/change before it's implemented so you can get a feel for community sentiment.

CJ54
09-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Just a thought but maybe it would be a good strategy to post something about a planned solution/fix/change before it's implemented so you can get a feel for community sentiment.

That is something we have done and will do again, but it's not always a good way to judge overall sentiment across the playerbase. I think we can agree on the total response from this one (i.e. do not extend Syndicate events), but we've had several cases in the past where forum response is overwhelmingly one thing and then when we make the change, we are flooded with the opposite view in tickets. It's also not so good on things that require a quick call due to technical necessity.

spunky1
09-16-2013, 03:32 AM
extending an LTQ gives us more opportunity to finish the event. Massively different to extending a war. You stuffed up so bad and you really should be refunding everyone half the gold they have spent on this event. Many people have limited gold and they have blown it with wrong information so wont get the prizes they had planned for. ton of tickets asking you to extend the war??? I cant believe that. Im sorry but my bull****omiter is going ballistic right now!

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 03:33 AM
They were in the mass of tickets we received when things were briefly on fire. Again, from the feedback this was not a welcome solution, but that's the reason.You could have polled the community for further feedback before making the decision to extend it as you say, as asked for by a few players. You could have responded to these tickets with a link to the poll and ask them to voice their opinion by voting in the poll. So basically you made a critical decision based on the feedback of a selected few rather than casting the net wider for a more rounded opinion. I believe these tickets that asked for the extension runs in the 10s rather than the 100s. You can even post a message in-game to ask players to go to the poll to voice their opinion, but instead you just go ahead and make the change and then make an announcement. Wrong way round in my books!

budman68
09-16-2013, 03:34 AM
That is something we have done and will do again, but it's not always a good way to judge overall sentiment across the playerbase. I think we can agree on the total response from this one (i.e. do not extend Syndicate events), but we've had several cases in the past where forum response is overwhelmingly one thing and then when we make the change, we are flooded with the opposite view in tickets. It's also not so good on things that require a quick call due to technical necessity.

This is just your grab for the gold! Battle times have always started on time (unlike collect10 events, ltq's) so end it on time! Fix your game!! Cannot be said enough!

budman68
09-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Re: [GREE International Inc.] Re: Crime City HD Issue Report (request #920383)

I was just matched up with a top75 team and we are a top400 team! So no it is not fixed. Your idea of extending the battle another 6 hours sucks also. Why don't you give players something that they would want instead of more crap battle. A modifier of some sort. Gold bonus. i swear you people do not know what you are doing!!!
.................................................. .................................................. l................................................. ....................
Funny no where in my request did i ask for an extension?! I do believe this was a request to fix a broken game and. Better solution on your part to your HUGE error in extending this battle event!

ablankone
09-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Sorry CJ - but it seems to me that all you did was count the tickets of people making the time extension request but discounted 98% of players who had no grievances and therefore no reason to issue a ticket.

You seriously miscalculated on this one. And the big thing to do would be to cancel the 6 extra hours now. I think that would win back at least some respect. And 98% of peeps would appreciate it.

Man up please.

They were in the mass of tickets we received when things were briefly on fire. Again, from the feedback this was not a welcome solution, but that's the reason.

genaks
09-16-2013, 03:47 AM

If a ton of players were asking you to extend the event, a ton of other players in this thread are NOT in the favour of doing so. Did you listen to them before making the decision?

Rebels
09-16-2013, 03:54 AM

Thanks for fronting up. Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.
Unfortunately the tickets you received were probably only 1-5% of the games population.

I believe it's not too late to puts the end back to the original time. It's the right thing to do by the community and your customers.

Cheers Jimmy

Lars
09-16-2013, 03:55 AM
To calm the uproar I would recommend Gree to award the prizes based on the syns' better position at original ending and at extended ending. This would not fix problems for all players (as people are adjusting their strategies due to announcement, e.g. giving up because of the extension) but soothe most of them.

Personally, I don't really care anymore. I think disasters in CC have occurred far too often to worry about a single one.

evj
09-16-2013, 04:04 AM

Hi CJ. I represent 300+ players from SAS family. Not one wanted this extension, sorry.

spunky1
09-16-2013, 04:12 AM
players look forward to these battles. well done gree. syndicate wars are a good thing but I am not aware of any player that would like them to go for longer. everyone I have ever heard express an opinion has wanted them shorter. Friday Night PST to Sunday evening would be heaps. 48 hrs. But extending it by 6 hrs??? give us a break or many of us will take a permanent one from CC. not because we want to but because this is unsustainable.

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 04:15 AM
CJ54, appreciate the actual Response to this thread,

but that logic is more than a little off. Has it ever occurred to you that the players who DON'T want the extend are your PAYING customers who have jobs and have to go in to work today?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if these "extension requests" were coming from teenagers WHO DON'T EVEN PAY YOUR BILLS

VikesUK
09-16-2013, 04:15 AM
FGS - Man-up and pull the plug on this farce at the originally appointed time. You've changed the end hour once, only a few keystrokes to change it back.

92% of your customers would at least try to believe you as regards the ill-tought out extension.

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Okay, so you can't reverse this decision.

That's fine, we'll take an extra building and the Names of those players who requested the extension.

Yep, that's how you fix this. You tell all your paying customers who were the free players who wanted this decision.

Mafia ID, Player name, Player level, Max mafia please.

VikesUK
09-16-2013, 04:25 AM
Are you kidding? There is a HUGE difference between asking for more time in a syndicate war and asking for more time in a syndicate LTQ or case event. Almost anyone can score their IP quota in a matter of a few wars. Anyone who needs an extra 6 hours after 73 hours is already scoring millions of points, and the number of such players can be counted on one hand.

It seems to me that CJ has managed to demonstrate his/her profound lack of understanding of the user base and how the game is used. The latest protestations are laughable. They've changed it once. In the face of the overwhelming backlash, no biggie to revert to the original schedule.

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Once 6:00:00 hours left hit, turn OFF the Refill Health button.

Problem solved.

Or just give us the players who requested this extension in the first place.

shadow_
09-16-2013, 04:28 AM
this isnt fun anymore .... /("§* GREE!

Gunflame
09-16-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm against this. CJ, extending events is a solution that is more applicable to events which started late. The backlash Gree is experiencing is due to players being in competition with one another for a certain rank, and having to maintain that rank for time not allotted for. Competition is ABSENT during a SLTQ/LTQ. Don't compare a SLTQ/LTQ with the war, they aren't comparative. An extension is a haphazard solution to this minor problem and everyone's voice reflects that. Consider how more time functions in a LTQ. Consider how more time functions in a war. Make your decisions with those in mind. :)

size16
09-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Poor decision and particularly unfair to euro players. EPIC FAIL.

killerbee
09-16-2013, 04:54 AM
its simple guys, go to google play store and apple app store and request your money back.
1) the service you payed for was distorted and the product was not as promised or functional
2) the terms and conditions of the competition you payed to play in has changed without your consent after you spent your money.

I already asked for mine back and started the process gree :) next time learn to apologize and offer compensation instead of finding way to make more money due to YOUR OWN servers stuffing up OUR WEEKEND TIME and Money.

since they can acknowledge their stuff up but not do anything about it in fear of back clash. lets show them real life / money consequences and see if they stay listed on play store after a few stuff ups like this and upsetting their valued customers.

jesseawill
09-16-2013, 05:00 AM

CJ,

Just as polls are not a good way to judge overall sentiment, please understand that tickets are also not a good way to judge overall sentiment. I understand having to make a quick call. Since the call was made to extend and it seems it can't be changed, perhaps you guys can also do what was suggested by Nazgul in post #33 of this thread. Relax the prizes...top 25 becomes top 30, top 50 becomes top 60 or 70, and so on.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Terrible, terrible idea gree. I'd love to see the emails you received requesting this event to be extended, LOL

It's a GREEtatorship folks.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Relaxing prize tiers is also a bad idea. You should never just change up things on the fly. It's not fair to those who played it under a certain structure. Everyone including Gree just needs to eat this one. Stop the event at the normal time. Apologize. Move on and prevent it from happening again.

mxz
09-16-2013, 05:16 AM
The ineptitude and inability to directly ask for feedback from the forum community always astounds me. Then shaking your fist after the most rabid fan base overwhelmingly rejects your terrible ideas...just plain sad.

At least CCM had the balls to man up and shut down the ideas we outright rejected (anyone remember the in-game video poll?).

VikesUK
09-16-2013, 05:17 AM
its simple guys, go to google play store and apple app store and request your money back.
1) the service you payed for was distorted and the product was not as promised or functional
2) the terms and conditions of the competition you payed to play in has changed without your consent after you spent your money.

I already asked for mine back and started the process gree :) next time learn to apologize and offer compensation instead of finding way to make more money due to YOUR OWN servers stuffing up OUR WEEKEND TIME and Money.

since they can acknowledge their stuff up but not do anything about it in fear of back clash. lets show them real life / money consequences and see if they stay listed on play store after a few stuff ups like this and upsetting their valued customers.

That all sound sensible and logical.....hope it works in practice

Dipstik
09-16-2013, 05:20 AM
My guess is that all the herpaderps who asked for an extension were asking for THEIR TEAM to get an extension because it was so unfair that they got paired against a t10 syndicate. I'm guessing they're all small fries too.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 05:22 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/4sjj3d.jpg

420er
09-16-2013, 05:27 AM
The only solution to a glitched war is, of course, to make it longer. (Abundant sarcasm)

Let's face it guys.. the only way to get through to Gree is the ONE way no one will actually do. STOP SPENDING FOR A MONTH. Treat this as it is, a free to play game, and Gree will have to listen. As long as they make their profits, they're happy. They don't care about the games.. they care about their business. Affect the business and we can catch their attention.

shadow_
09-16-2013, 05:29 AM
yepp... i will stop the gold buying for a few weeks and wrote apple to refund my gold for this war

mxz
09-16-2013, 05:36 AM
If the NFL worked like Gree a missed penalty in the opening drive would cause a full extra quarter to be tacked on at the end of the game. I suppose SF getting whipped by Seattle last night may have made them ornery, irrational, and wanting to take their frustrations out on everyone.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-16-2013, 05:43 AM
If the NFL worked like Gree a missed penalty in the opening drive would cause a full extra quarter to be tacked on at the end of the game. I suppose SF getting whipped by Seattle last night may have made them ornery, irrational, and wanting to take their frustrations out on everyone.

GREE wants its players on the field when the proverbial lightning strikes.

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 06:03 AM

I've already started with Apple. I've contact the world famous GREE customer support. I'm sure they will respond ASAP as they are known for their quick response time.

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 06:05 AM
My guess is that all the herpaderps who asked for an extension were asking for THEIR TEAM to get an extension because it was so unfair that they got paired against a t10 syndicate. I'm guessing they're all small fries too.

My top 750 team was matched up with top 100 syndicates. I can assure you, I DID NOT ask for an extension.

Pony please???

bravo 6 vk
09-16-2013, 06:11 AM
What about the people who get these 6 extra hours in the middle of the night as opposed to those who get them in the evening, how's that fair?

Exactly. All events starts at 11:30 midnight for me and an additional 6 hrs for me is useless. CHANGE THE TIMINGS TO NORMAL GREE

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 06:23 AM
These 2-time prize award systems are open to massive exploitation.

I like that people are coming up with constructive criticism, but short-sighted approaches are exactly what causes half of Gree-related issues in the first place.

Butt Futter
09-16-2013, 06:26 AM
lol

Worst war ever.

Great work Gree. Game sucks, start a war with bugged code, and extend time when everyone wishes the event was over!

Kill0r
09-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Most guys would like to see a 2 day event in general, and you're extending this one. Hilarious. As stated already, this is unfair for almost everybody, especially considering time zone issues.

aron
09-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Hey Jerle,

Could you please make the add battle health cheaper? This 6 hour extension does not compensate for the issues during war, it only makes it worse.. All of us has to spend more time and money, and it should be the opposite!!

Dipstik
09-16-2013, 06:38 AM
My top 750 team was matched up with top 100 syndicates. I can assure you, I DID NOT ask for an extension.

Pony please???

I said all the people who sent tickets were herpaderps, not that every herpaderp sent a ticket.

bravo 6 vk
09-16-2013, 06:41 AM
#209th post saying NO TO THIS STUPID IDEA.
DEAR GREE,
cant you just REVERSE IT TO NORMAL PLEASE.

donthaveaclue
09-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Add one more to the list of people that think this was a stupid idea.

saintdenay11
09-16-2013, 06:47 AM
A Friday to Sunday war would be ideal, but Greed(I mean Gree) would never do that to make there paying customers happy. I will have a hard time buying gold again. People are right that the top 3 teams will have nothing to worry about with 6 hours more of battle. Its the teams battling for top 100,75,50,25 that will have to buy more gold or use what ever gold they have left. This is nothing more then a money grab.

cloud strife
09-16-2013, 06:50 AM
Its the worst idea GREE ever had!!!! U just want our money not giving opportunities to the weaker syns

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 06:52 AM
I said all the people who sent tickets were herpaderps, not that every herpaderp sent a ticket.

So, no pony?

Dipstik
09-16-2013, 06:53 AM
So, no pony?

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4628829141534582&pid=15.1

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 06:55 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4628829141534582&pid=15.1

YEA!!!!! It's blonde like me!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

MrMarshmallow
09-16-2013, 06:55 AM
GREEd never do anything for their costumers... They just grab your money then think of another money making 'mistake' to come up with! I have filed a ton of reports to the customer support and only get a reply a week later saying that they can't do anything!
Thanks for the great response to maybe two people asking for an extension now my team probably won't get top 250! A simple gold compensation would have done... We are probably going to have less time for events now as well.

Add me to the list of unhappy customers!

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Over/Under on 100% chance the people requesting extensions are Top-500 or above.

I'd say 100%.

Also, don't relax the tiers. Come on now, people in top 10/25/50/75 worked hard for their spot and clearly don't want more players walking around with their prizes. Top 10/25 especially, and I say this being relatively close to (but not in) the top 25.

I feel especially sorry for my friends fighting for top 150/250. Those spots don't settle till the very end and some people are inevitably going to lose the spot they paid for. And lets be real, no one these positions for free anymore anyways.

Deactivate the health refill button.

That's really the only fair thing you can do this late into the war if you can't change the ending time. The players who would have spent gold would do so anyways before the normal end time.

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Deactivate the health refill button.

That's really the only fair thing you can do this late into the war if you can't change the ending time. The players who would have spent gold would do so anyways before the normal end time.

Time and money are fungible. Deactivating refills just gives a boost to those who happen to have free time during those 6 hours. Not only is that inherently unjust, it targets those least likely to be bigger spending customers as those worthy of benefits, and therefore is certainly not in Gree's interest.

Lars
09-16-2013, 07:17 AM
These 2-time prize award systems are open to massive exploitation.

Of course. And I won't say it's fair, just that I expect it to result in the lowest amount of complaints. I am beyond caring what would be a fair solution.

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Time and money are fungible. Deactivating refills just gives a boost to those who happen to have free time during those 6 hours. Not only is that inherently unjust, it targets those least likely to be bigger spending customers as those worthy of benefits, and therefore is certainly not in Gree's interest.

It's not in Gree's interest because they would not be profiting in the last 6.0 hours.

And how is 6 extra hours any more just? Got an answer for me? Got a bright idea that would be any better of a solution to fix this mess save for ending the event as originally scheduled?

No zeemer, time and money aren't at all - especially to an event with a *prescheduled* set time for said time and money to be spent. I think you just wanted to use that word. It is a nice word, but there is no fungibility of time and money because everyone's free time is inherently unequal. Did you ever stop to think your argument works the other way around too, that an extension of the war is going to give a boost to player with free time (or no jobs) in the first place?

bimmer kid
09-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Once 6:00:00 hours left hit, turn OFF the Refill Health button.

Problem solved.

Or just give us the players who requested this extension in the first place.

this is actually a very good idea....

extending an LTQ gives us more opportunity to finish the event. Massively different to extending a war. You stuffed up so bad and you really should be refunding everyone half the gold they have spent on this event. Many people have limited gold and they have blown it with wrong information so wont get the prizes they had planned for. ton of tickets asking you to extend the war??? I cant believe that. Im sorry but my bull****omiter is going ballistic right now!+1

Lars
09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
The ineptitude and inability to directly ask for feedback from the forum community always astounds me. Then shaking your fist after the most rabid fan base overwhelmingly rejects your terrible ideas...just plain sad.

Very well said ...

Guisseppe17
09-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Can I just say..."it's too late to change back as others have already adjusted to the new schedule".
YOU ADDED SIX HOURS TO THE EVENT IN THE LAST DAY. How's that for a major effing change?! You weren't worried about messing up everyone's schedules then, were you? I thought not. So don't give us that bull**** of "we don't wanna inconvenience others", the only inconvenience was your dumbass extension. And I also guarantee not one damn person asked for this. Because guess what? Not one person in this thread has been happy. And don't tell me all the people who wanted it just aren't on the forums....

xgc_indy
09-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Count me in with the dissatisfied customers gree.

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 07:36 AM
If you shorten this event to 48 hours, I reckon you would actually generate more revenue than a 3 day event... Think about it! Happy customers tend to spend more!

GucciMane
09-16-2013, 07:50 AM
If some players requested a change which requires other players to SPEND MORE OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY,

We deserve to know who these players are.

If you aren't going to make any changes to fix this problem (and you won't), at least give us the names of the players who requested this.

Gree doesn't take this seriously, thinks this is "just a game" when real CASH is involved.

Yeah, Apple isn't going to refund people's gold. But they sure as hell will take note when they see hundreds of Refund requests from ONE game in the SAME. day.

This is now bigger than the war. You might not have your game in the App Store anymore if this continues, and this is not a threat this is a warning plea from someone who still likes this game.

Budwazer
09-16-2013, 08:00 AM

Reported this 2 weeks ago and still found him recently.

Dklv
09-16-2013, 08:24 AM

Reported this 2 weeks ago and still found him recently.

WOW!!! This is another reason that I have stopped buying gold. What's the point when this game allows this.

ablankone
09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
One question no one seems to have asked is: Why 6 hours?

Could it be that this amount of time still fits in with the usual waking hours of the States?

Spare a thought for the Asian/Australasian demographic Gree... we already have to put up with events starting at 2.00 in the morning and (in the case of these battles)... finishing at 3.00 in the morn...

You don't seem to give a toss about us on this side of the pond.

And, yes, 48 hour battles vs 72 hours is worth polling. In fact throw in a 24 hour polling option whilst ur at it and see what results you get.

Drew's Crew
09-16-2013, 08:25 AM
HAHAHAHA. I'm guessing something like this http://youtu.be/sor9GzivGbk happened when GREE decided to extend the battles.

Yancool
09-16-2013, 08:25 AM
It seems someone in the budget department made several requests to extend the battle, as there's no one in our synd, and apparently no one here who wants an extension. Or was it maybe the owner who yelled so high that it was impossible not to extend the battle, many questions, and many assumptions, but this decision is one that will give more players a reason to quit the game. No matter the problems during the first day, they have evened out, our people got their points, and to look at the chart, most other syndicates are where they normally are. But lets have a vault each and every player, then we will happily play your games. Honestly a mental decision this is, and this goes for the people who decided this. And why not extend it 24 hours.... Well as stupid is as stupid does, and we the players have ourselves to blame as we still play the game.

Jakers
09-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Gree, can you also please lock the leader board?

bald zeemer
09-16-2013, 08:48 AM
And how is 6 extra hours any more just? Got an answer for me? Got a bright idea that would be any better of a solution to fix this mess save for ending the event as originally scheduled?

No. When an unnecessary and easily removable element creates a problem I don't seek a solution that retains said element.

SNEAKERJUNKY
09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Hallelujah... GREE have listened and the event will end at the normal time! Thank you for listening to your paying players!

Dutchie
09-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Only showing on iOS... Not Android which still has the later time!

bimmer kid
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM
thank you GREE. good decision

jimbo.
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Android showing 8+ hours left and ios showing 2+ everyone else having this problem?

bimmer kid
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
android is always late to the party

Ciara
09-16-2013, 09:20 AM
That's ridiculous. We realign strategy to take account of an extension, and then it's withdrawn, with two hours to go. It's a joke

montecore
09-16-2013, 09:21 AM
That's ridiculous. We realign strategy to take account of an extension, and then it's withdrawn, with two hours to go. It's a joke

Isn't it a fun, fun game?

Jerle
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Reboot your game on android and it'll fix.

Everyone please head on over to http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?68100-Syndicate-War-Un-Extended-Now-ends-at-original-12-00-PM-PST . We've change the event time back due to the overwhelming feedback from the community, and will be using this experience to try and improve how events are handled in the future.