PDA

View Full Version : What insane battle matching algorithm does Gree use?

Ciara
09-14-2013, 05:37 AM
This is THE worst weekend of match-ups ever. Gree needs to get itself in order. I can just about contain my annoyance over my poor little group being matched against syndicates over 200 positions above us, but a Top 50 team?!!! This is bloody insane. I'm not having my players wasting gold or effort on such an unequal footing. There's no fun or sportsmanship in such stupidity.

bald zeemer
09-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Aggregate stats have a huge part in it. Is your syndicate much stronger, on average, than syndicates around your position?

Ciara
09-14-2013, 05:57 AM
I know about the aggregate principle but there's no sense to this. We had a couple of silly matches with teams well below us in the top 1000 so I can imagine they weren't too happy, but we keep on getting top 250 matches.

We really aren't strong enough to have any fun playing like this. It feels like Gree have appointed their latest work experience trainee to the job! I normally suck it up, but I'm disappointed for my players.

The Fonz
09-14-2013, 06:15 AM
I will echo Ciara's sentiments / frustrations. Match-ups were fairly reasonable yesterday (alternating between top 600 and top 250 teams, with the majority around top 400/500, where our syn is pegged), but it's a different story altogether today, as we were matched against top 200 teams consistently, and capped with the most recent battle against a near top-50 team. There's simply no way for me or my team members to have a fighting chance at doing well, much less preserve our standing, when the disparity is this huge, especially on an ongoing basis. Even with stat inflation over the past three weeks taken into account, there's simply no justifiable rationale pairing a top 400 team with a near top 50 team. None!

out of names
09-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Our first battle yesterday, we faced a top 50 team and we are only a top 500

BigMoney
09-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Well, now you know how any team outside the Top 3 feels when they match FC.

sister morphine
09-14-2013, 06:25 AM
If matching is opening up like that, it's a good indication that the wins/streaks event is on the way soon.

All teams will have to learn new strategies. Keep winning scores to a minimal margin or you will get teamed with much stronger groups. Doesn't help much this war, but but you've got some time to get it sorted.

bald zeemer
09-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Ok, my previous comments referred to previous wars. There is definitely something up.

Not knowing for sure what teams SAS and FC have drawn, I'll nominate "The Pig Farmers" as the unluckiest team in the game.

If you're reading this, sorry fellas.

Ciara
09-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Sister Morphine, with these match-ups, we will have no problem keeping our winning scores to a minimal margin. ;) It's our losing margins, I can't control. Lol

Ciara
09-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Hahahahahah. The server goes down. And then we get matched up against a team ranked in the 3000s. You really couldn't make it up. My apologies to the team we're up against.

evj
09-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Ok, my previous comments referred to previous wars. There is definitely something up.

Not knowing for sure what teams SAS and FC have drawn, I'll nominate "The Pig Farmers" as the unluckiest team in the game.

If you're reading this, sorry fellas.

FYI SAS have met mostly top 25 teams

Bobcc68
09-14-2013, 07:17 AM
We are top 75 and for past two battles have been matched with top 500s...

And server keeps crashing and match up seems to be taking a looooong time....

Gingeasian
09-14-2013, 07:22 AM
The most important thing is the stats. Last war we were T250 now T100 yet somehow got matched up with rouges alliance

leeroy
09-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Our 35 man squad has just been pitched up against a 2 man team

The DL was weak about 15 of our team could take him, and his newbie mate was only 400 Att

Best of all they had no wall

makes up for the last time we were getting our faces smashed in by top 500 teams

I love Gree.

sister morphine
09-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Our 35 man squad has just been pitched up against a 2 man team

The DL was weak about 15 of our team could take him, and his newbie mate was only 400 Att

Best of all they had no wall

makes up for the last time we were getting our faces smashed in by top 500 teams

I love Gree.
Lol, I had that scenario but in reverse! :cool:

abstraxlim
09-14-2013, 07:34 AM
we r in top 500 syn and...match up with B.A.N....lol...

Quijimo
09-14-2013, 09:15 AM
We are a top 1000 Syn that has had 4 matchups with Top 100 teams since the battle started. Our first and last battle we were hammered hard. We have decent stat players but we can't take on peeps that are level 200 plus with 1 mill Defense. This is frickin brutal lol. Oh and we are waiting like everyone else for our battle to start now at the 40 minute mark.

Theo/Ardnut
09-14-2013, 09:43 AM
We are having the same issues regarding silly matchups and 45 mins for a battle..we also have guys saying that they are not seeing the battles, they are just getting the 'battle will begin shortly' screen

Bandit_
09-14-2013, 09:50 AM
After 25 minutes my mini's syndicate, Southern Rebels battling for top 500, was matched up against a three person syndicate.

sushio
09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
After 25 minutes my mini's syndicate, Southern Rebels battling for top 500, was matched up against a three person syndicate.

lol bandit. we got u beat. battling for top 500 and just matched with one man team level 17. :)

Lueds
09-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Hahahahahah. The server goes down. And then we get matched up against a team ranked in the 3000s. You really couldn't make it up. My apologies to the team we're up against.

I agree. We are ~300 place and pulled HTC Blue (after waiting 30 minutes), then we pull a syn with a single lvl 65 player. Sorry Gree, but I'm not buying gold for either of these battles.

Bandit_
09-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I stand by my remark from a prior battle. A monkee is spinning a wheel of fortune to determine matchups. Gree apologises because they ran out of bananas.

Gingeasian
09-14-2013, 10:37 AM
I stand by my remark from a prior battle. A monkee is spinning a wheel of fortune to determine matchups. Gree apologises because they ran out of bananas.
and the monkeys are all high as fu*k on meth

tazzman
09-14-2013, 12:10 PM
This is the worst battle weekend ever

plavine
09-14-2013, 12:40 PM
My guild has been matched up 3 wars in a row with one player guilds

BigMoney
09-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I agree. We are ~300 place and pulled HTC Blue (after waiting 30 minutes), then we pull a syn with a single lvl 65 player. Sorry Gree, but I'm not buying gold for either of these battles.

I'm not in HTC Blue, but my team is in a similar position, and it's actually quite frustrating. Our last two matchups had absolutely no one we could score good points from (their DL was level 211, and half our team is 250), and meanwhile 10th place is moving up a couple hundred thousand every hour.

Edit: in our current matchup, my attack is 4 times greater than the DL's defense. They have no business matching us.

Trev
09-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, now you know how any team outside the Top 3 feels when they match FC.
I am sorry if you guys get matched against us we would love to fight sas, Indians and rogues all day long but they seem to avoid us on purpose watching the leader board score increase before pressing their button :(

BigMoney
09-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I am sorry if you guys get matched against us we would love to fight sas, Indians and rogues all day long but they seem to avoid us on purpose watching the leader board score increase before pressing their button :(

Haha, we try to avoid you too, but that's because we can't hit any of you guys-- not sure what their excuse is. How many times have you fought SAS this battle?

Trev
09-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Haha, we try to avoid you too, but that's because we can't hit any of you guys-- not sure what their excuse is. How many times have you fought SAS this battle?

Zero. Rogues and Indians once each

Sirius
09-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey Folks,

We are aware of some issues with the current event and our teams are working to resolve them. We do apologize for the inconvenience this surely has caused.

We do appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while we work things out.

Going to close this thread as there are many already on the issue.

/closed