PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gree: Take all of these events and...

possum
09-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Shove it where the sun don't shine.

baylortex
09-13-2013, 05:56 PM
These events are awesome. Great way to increase your stats! Just choose wisely and join a great faction.

possum
09-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Really? Your stats aren't increasing, you're just keeping pace.

You move up, so does everyone else. It never ends.

Look up Baylor, there's 10,000 people ahead of you who you will never catch, but stop doing these events and that number will grow. It's a freaking rat rate; it's a pyramid scheme where there are no winners.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
09-13-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with possum... Take a couple of events off and see what happens...

SevenO9
09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Press and hold down MW icon -> press the little X -> problem solved.

fofito30
09-13-2013, 06:18 PM
We all could stop, we all could continue, no one is forcing us to do anything except our inner competitive self.
Same way you want to reach and hold the peak of the mountain, same I want to do the same. Inflation stats is a way created by Gree to even out older players with new ones, but IMHO is totally unfair. Just today, while doing PvP, came across players 30 and 40 levels lower than me and with 3 and 4 ranks lower with huge stats that top the 3 million that took me a year to achieve -not counting the thousand dollars spent- and coming next WD's guys like us, like me, are meat shields to them. Not a complain, after all no one to complain to, but a warning to us all

Spazer
09-13-2013, 06:36 PM

Look up Baylor, there's 10,000 people ahead of you who you will never catch, but stop doing these events and that number will grow. It's a freaking rat rate; it's a pyramid scheme where there are no winners.

I agree with u possum. I have been telling this to soo many people but only few smart people understood the "scam" of this game.
When ever there is a event, such as LTQ (individual), it's most likely that top players or gold players are going to finish ur it and in this way strong players r getting stronger. However the weak or non gold players won't have enough time to finish the event an in this way weak players will stay weak. Now, if u compare those two players ( weak and the strong), u will realise that Gree is making the weak players weaker and strong players stronger.

Second of all when ur stats gets increased after WD, u should have realized that u r stats actually didn't increase. at this is because after WD everybody's stats get increased. So technically u r in this "inflation of stats". After every WD the average stats would go up. If u don't understand what I mean then just think through the words "stats inflation". Ur stats dont increase... It's just inflation of stats that is increasing ur stats. This is nothing relavent to money.

baylortex
09-13-2013, 06:40 PM
i agree with seven and fofito. ask your self how long you plan on playing this game...and enjoy the time you will dedicate to it. all of these in-game purchase games will always have stronger players because they simply pay $ more and good for them.

DFI
09-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Every time I read a comment like this, I wonder whether the player understands that this is a pay to play game with a free option. And of course, there are the downsides for being free or a light gold player. If this was clear in your mind, there should be no confusion. Lets be serious, this game is not free to run and maintain. Regardless of how you feel about the customer service, again there is a cost to hire them. Lets be a bit more reasonable and realistic when venting frustrations.

possum
09-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey Baylor, you seem new so I'm sure there's a lot of enthusiasm. But trust me when I say this that there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. In fact, there's no rainbow at all.

It use to be a mindless way to occupy myself while waiting for a meeting or what have you, but it becomes an utter and pointless grind.

And with these incessant events, they're forcing us to either keep pace or quit if you still enjoy that mindless part. Occasional events are fine, but Christ almighty they're shoving them down our throats at a pace that would make deep throat choke.

Thorm V2
09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
If you don't like it, then quit complaining, do us a favor and quit the game. These events are competitions. This is a game. This is FUN. You clearly are not enjoying or participating. It is time to get out.

baylortex
09-13-2013, 07:26 PM
possum i understand your point. don't let the addiction get to you.

iViper
09-13-2013, 07:34 PM
I agree with Seven09.
Don't like it don't play, close the door on the way out.
Anybody with an ounce of sense knows what's happening re the strong getting stronger. That's the nature of the game.
The game was designed to make money. Gold players get stronger and stronger and keep buying gold. Non gold players will always get weaker in comparison but can still have fun, if they want.
It is what it is.
Personally I'm lvl 184 attack and def 300k ish. I get raided, attacked daily by much stronger players, but I'm in a great faction with good team mates and I've learnt not to rely on bought/valour units.
I'm loving playing for FUN.
It's just a game.
Enough said.

I was around in the Funzio days.

possum
09-13-2013, 07:42 PM
You're missing the point. I enjoy certain aspects of the game, but the events are almost compulsory. It's all or nothing.

It was never like this before and if you weren't around when this game was owned by Funzio, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

They are indeed making us choose and they're making that choice easy for a lot of us.

DFI
09-13-2013, 07:54 PM
You're missing the point. I enjoy certain aspects of the game, but the events are almost compulsory. It's all or nothing.

It was never like this before and if you weren't around when this game was owned by Funzio, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

They are indeed making us choose and they're making that choice easy for a lot of us.

Sorry, I beg to disagree. As another member stated, you can choose what you want to do. Personally, I don't do the individual LTQs at all (thanks Thief) and concentrate on the bosses, 10 crate (forget 25) and the WD event. You make is sound as if they have a gun to your head. Absolutely not. You choose whether you want to keep up with the joneses, you decide which events you want to play, and you decide what you consider to be fun. Clearly, and I apologize if I am incorrect, you don't seem to have been able to accept the trade offs of being gold vs free. Many of us have a budget, and so for every group of events (the month long activity), I know what I'm willing to spend. Naturally, 95% for me goes to the WD event, and if you need to justify the outlay, reduce Starbucks consumption by 20 per month. Yes, Starbucks has been adversely impacted by the incremental utility I get from gree vs Starbucks. Everyone is making trade offs unless you are über rich like Ferr. I'm sure you will be happier once you accept whatever that trade off is.

possum
09-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks for telling me what I enjoy, what trade offs I have, etc. I didn't know that. Who knew you know me better than I do?

Tito89
09-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Funzio are gone, get over it.

possum
09-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I am over it. I was trying to show a difference; a comparison of one extreme to another. I was trying to make a point.

Tito89
09-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I am over it. I was trying to show a difference; a comparison of one extreme to another. I was trying to make a point.

tut tut, notice how no one will care a day from now?

possum
09-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Then why are you here?

Tito89
09-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Then why are you here?

making a point ;)

possum
09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks for caring enough to make it. Maybe you should retract your statement?

possum
09-13-2013, 08:29 PM
You're a troll buster huh? Big job? Maybe you should stop trolling.

Tito89
09-13-2013, 08:40 PM
You're a troll buster huh? Big job? Maybe you should stop trolling.

hey man the trolls i remove are those that are being real aholes. that wasnt a troll, the comment i made, i found it funny. it isnt a job, its just something i do...

DFI
09-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks for telling me what I enjoy, what trade offs I have, etc. I didn't know that. Who knew you know me better than I do?

Well if you know all of this and are still complaining, then perhaps some soul searching should be in order as you're not being rational.

mreilly
09-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Hey Baylor, you seem new so I'm sure there's a lot of enthusiasm. But trust me when I say this that there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. In fact, there's no rainbow at all.

It use to be a mindless way to occupy myself while waiting for a meeting or what have you, but it becomes an utter and pointless grind.

And with these incessant events, they're forcing us to either keep pace or quit if you still enjoy that mindless part. Occasional events are fine, but Christ almighty they're shoving them down our throats at a pace that would make deep throat choke.

STFU and delete your game.. this has been discussed time and time again.

Thorm V2
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM

Yes, you were:

Wah, wah, wah

I am a cow
09-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Kick the tournament of factions make it do we have 1 per WD cycle

Dutchie
09-14-2013, 04:34 AM
I am over it. I was trying to show a difference; a comparison of one extreme to another. I was trying to make a point.A moot point. Most are well aware of how this game works and how GREE extracts money out of players. It is all done with intention and it won't change. Either take it for what it is or leave it. Welcome to the world of the freemium model in gaming and goodbye... don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

possum
09-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone: kiss my ass and keep on grinding...

MojoJojo
09-14-2013, 05:57 AM
shove it where the sun don't shine.

+++++++1

lmao

fkamb
09-14-2013, 07:09 AM

I have the same idea. You have to do it, to keep pace but the stat increase has no significance. But that means you are doing this on weekdays and communicating all day long about who does what. I have no time for that, nor interest. I had fun doing wd and do things i like to do, like killing the boss. But now it's all faction, without real progression and a big inflation in stats. I already told my team, i am gonna quit after france.

Josh611
09-14-2013, 07:14 AM
I haven't done any LTQs (besides the current faction one) or the faction tournaments in forever. My stats haven't dropped back and I don't buy gold anymore

fkamb
09-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I thought this was a very valid thread, so i'll bump it, in hope of getting more feedback, because i am struggling with it.

Stooboot
09-14-2013, 04:26 PM

whats the difference between now and b4? I dont get it, its been the same thing since day. its a pay 2 play game the rich get richer

fkamb
09-14-2013, 04:31 PM
whats the difference between now and b4? I dont get it, its been the same thing since day. its a pay 2 play game the rich get richer
I really don't think so, not everything is about gold/non gold. That discussion has grown old. This is about all sorts of personal achievements, like hitting boss 50, getting obsolete

fkamb
09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
You got it fkamb...file that small claims lawsuit and get out.

Lol, tenfinger, you forgot the th, or did you already use them? Yes, i had fun, never had a lot of problems with the game, because you can choose. I also choose unwise some of the times, but never excessive. i do have a lot of problems with the moderators of this forum, who are not committed to answering questions, but more with getting whatever under control. But this is the end for me, i will not play 24/7 just to keep up with whatever everybody else is doing.

fkamb
09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Forgot the th? Actually not...just an attempt to keep Eddie's bans under
a hundred. (Just can't seem to control that fellow)...good call buddy...
either do not spend or get th **** out.
Yes, you have been right all along. I knew that. Can you take ferr up into a boat sail and sing kumbaya?

fkamb
09-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Oops, missed this while composing my last post...yes, having a bit of fun. Kumbaya? No problem...Ferr needs
some peace...nice call.

Yes eagle, you are (all) xright. Wait a minute, i have nothing new to submit.

fkamb
09-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Speaking of getting the **** out, I do believe our frisky, frisco, felons have left
for the weekend. Eddie is not use to hanging around this long...he would again
like to thank those frisky fellows. He would like to take this moment to exercise
his first amendment rights as the proud American he is. Eddie has many friends
in many countries...his son in law is a Kiwi...he loves that country. But here it is...
Eddie's constitutional rights have been violated repeatedly by a now International
Corporation that has no respect for fair play or freedom of speech. Eddie has no
intention of striking back here...he would just like to remind those American
haters that WE are the reason you don't get out of the bed in the morning and
say HEIL HITTLER! Certainly hope I haven't upset anyone here...Eddie is such
a gentle fellow. He wuvs everybody.

Don't have a response yet, but soon, hi Eddy, i appreciate the way you want attention for the cause. Hope you get more airplay

MagnusDux
09-14-2013, 08:52 PM
If all just abandoned these forums and played game - problem solved 90%... YOU all made the bullies by crybabying, some other nonsenses - play w/out walkthroughs, keep element of surprise and njoy

Well fk, not sure that I believe in bullies...my grandma weighed 87 pounds and no
one ever thought about messing with her. She had this shotgun and all you needed
to do was look in her eyes...no more problem.
SUP is another matter...when a once proud, elite organization (the Pirates) sells out and
joins ranks with factions of shall we say "questionable character" for the sole purpose of
creating a wolf pack to defend their number one position in a silly game...we have a problem.
When we lose respect for others (enemies or not) we have a problem. Eddie believes that
how you play the game says everything about you. Win this game or lose it...who will
remember and who will care.

Duncan00
09-15-2013, 05:56 AM
I feel like this at times too, but like my buddy big daddy, go 101, says it's a marathon not a race, pick and choose your battles, just because Gree has 5 going on does not mean we have to do them all, and like me I bet if there wasn't a event going on you'd be complaining too, so just pick and choose the events that you want to do my good friend no need to come and complain about it, Gree is a company trying to make money, can't complain about that, good luck on what ever events you choose to do and of course go 101

possum
09-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Can't make money on players no longer playing. The more players they have, the more opportunity for gold buying. You shrink that pool, and whatever chance you have at milking that player is gone forever.

There's diminishing returns and they probably hit it long ago, but instead of easing up a bit, they are pushing in the wrong direction, forcing players over the edge.

I sold my base, donated everything. I was a heavy gold buyer early on, occasional spender recently, but they just lost any and all opportunity for future purchases from me, completely.

It feels good not playing; the game became a curse, a freaking weight hanging me down.

Can I fault them for trying to make money? Not at all. But short-sightedness and GREEd is a short, one-way street.

Good luck with that ball and chain everyone!

Oh, everyone can still kiss my ass!