PDA

View Full Version : -Special Event Boxes Question-

Ghost-12
09-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Okay so Im a bit confused when it comes to this event (opening Boxes or case event or whatever the proper name is).
There are 3 options to open this type of boxes Free, medium & gold.
-Free = low change opening
-medium = medium chance of opening
-Gold = 100 % chance of opening

Questions;
1-what does 100% chance of opening really means?? I have used 100s of Gold and get different stuff
so...
2-Why do I have to use Gold when im probably going to get the same result as free or medium?
meaning some helicopter or a tank with low stats ( thats what i get when using gold)
-Can someone really Explain what that 100% really means?? please dont tell me "opening a box" .

To me 100% of something is 100 out of a 100! meaning no excuse to obtain something different...

DavidtheBoo
09-13-2013, 11:24 AM
The 100% opening chance is just to tell you that you will always receive a unit or other thing, you never get 'better luck next time '

Ghost-12
09-13-2013, 11:45 AM
The 100% opening chance is just to tell you that you will always receive a unit or other thing, you never get 'better luck next time '

Then if thats the case they should let people know this before one start spending money thinking that youll get what you are after since there is a 100% chance...
Also if you'll get something while using Gold shouldn't it be something better than the free or medium option??
I had issues with the canadian case event and still can get over it! thats the reason why im asking all these questions
cause i feel cheated and robbed at the same time! Make the instruction clear and be more specific about what
the result will be specially when there is money involved!

SGT Rud
09-13-2013, 11:51 AM
You get what the option says, a 100% chance of opening. Whats inside could be anything - valor, concrete, rare item. You paid to ensure you get something. It does NOT say 100% chance of getting what you want. I believe if you hit the little question box on the top, it says so in the instructions of how the event works, but I am not 100% sure, I am medium chance sure. In 10 minutes I will verify and edit this post.

Actually without waiting. If you select the menu, hit more, then hit help. Hit FAQ, and scroll down to the title (How do the special events work). Pretty much sums it up. In the instruction guide.

Ghost-12
09-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Actually without waiting. If you select the menu, hit more, then hit help. Hit FAQ, and scroll down to the title (How do the special events work). Pretty much sums it up. In the instruction guide.

I did read it many times dude and understand what they are trying to say!
cant understand why someone would use the term 100% when it doesn't apply at all in my opinion.
Also "if you'll get something while using Gold shouldn't it be something better than the free or medium option??"
like i said before.

Ghost-12
09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
...And yes if i pay money for something i better get what im after! if is not like that then why pay money in the first place?
am I the only one who sees a problem with this line "-Gold = 100 % chance of opening "?? jessusss

T Rav
09-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I did read it many times dude and understand what they are trying to say!
cant understand why someone would use the term 100% when it doesn't apply at all in my opinion.
Also "if you'll get something while using Gold shouldn't it be something better than the free or medium option??"
like i said before.

It is Better than the free or medium option. With free or medium you have a chance of getting nothing. It's a 100% chance to open the box. Which means you will open it instead of getting the sorry try again next time. It doesn't say 100% chance to get option needed for box event or everyone would just drop 200 gold and get the 10/10 unit.

T Rav
09-13-2013, 12:58 PM
You can still open the box with a medium or free chance. You just said "does anyone else see a problem with 100% chance of opening?" It doesn't say 100% chance of getting item you want. It gives you what it says. You open it.

ilovebenjamins
09-13-2013, 01:14 PM
What's the minimum level you must be at to participate in this event? I'm only level 5 but I don't see a chest counter on my base screen

mogul_racer
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay so Im a bit confused when it comes to this event (opening Boxes or case event or whatever the proper name is).
There are 3 options to open this type of boxes Free, medium & gold.
-Free = low change opening
-medium = medium chance of opening
-Gold = 100 % chance of opening

Questions;
1-what does 100% chance of opening really means?? I have used 100s of Gold and get different stuff
so...
2-Why do I have to use Gold when im probably going to get the same result as free or medium?
meaning some helicopter or a tank with low stats ( thats what i get when using gold)
-Can someone really Explain what that 100% really means?? please dont tell me "opening a box" .

To me 100% of something is 100 out of a 100! meaning no excuse to obtain something different...
If you are referring to the Versailles Chests it indicates the chance of finding the crystal eiffels inside (I think). I opened 2 so far with the cash option and got the eiffels, I'm not sure if anything else comes in them.

mogul_racer
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
What's the minimum level you must be at to participate in this event? I'm only level 5 but I don't see a chest counter on my base screen

I think it's level 15 to participate.

bwomp91
09-13-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy is talking directly to Ghost-12

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

Wild Child
09-13-2013, 08:25 PM
opening a box

Blehs
09-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I suppose a better way of wording it would have been "100% chance of receiving a prize from opening" as opposed to "100% chance to open". If you think about it, even when you come up empty you are still opening the box (its just there is nothing inside it).

However the OP is still guilty of having assumed too much from the way they worded it - doesnt say anywhere that its 100% chance of getting a crystal eiffel, or 100% chance of getting what you want. Its just 100% chance to open, and i suppose even though most people will figure out the meaning correctly, i suppose Gree should consider rewording the event description (if they can be bothered)

MojoJojo
09-14-2013, 06:12 AM
If you are referring to the Versailles Chests it indicates the chance of finding the crystal eiffels inside (I think). I opened 2 so far with the cash option and got the eiffels, I'm not sure if anything else comes in them.

The only thing that comes in them are cash, 10 blocks, very bad units, ok units, or the item that will progress you in the event. the farther along you get, the more gold you're gonna have to drop to finish it.

Urbz
09-18-2013, 06:40 AM
This event was a totall bull crap ...I'm on 8/10 from day one....serious? ...gold/ cash/ tried all....I have enough concrete to build myself a addition to my hose ...cause now it's x 10.... They made it so much more worth the gold...
Valor? C'mon gree.....and than the tanks ...it's bull**** guys ..it is ...u spend real money on gold to but a damn 10/20 tank?...who the hell wants a tank?....I understand chances are getting slimmer ...but I 4 freakin days u can't get one more tower? ...now that's slimmer than a My Somalian brothers...anyway..who I'm to complain right?

index
09-18-2013, 09:30 AM
This event was a totall bull crap ...I'm on 8/10 from day one....serious? ...gold/ cash/ tried all....I have enough concrete to build myself a addition to my hose ...cause now it's x 10.... They made it so much more worth the gold...
Valor? C'mon gree.....and than the tanks ...it's bull**** guys ..it is ...u spend real money on gold to but a damn 10/20 tank?...who the hell wants a tank?....I understand chances are getting slimmer ...but I 4 freakin days u can't get one more tower? ...now that's slimmer than a My Somalian brothers...anyway..who I'm to complain right?

I agree with you. I spend all my leftover gold like 800+ gold after I am stuck at 9 for the past 2 days but I never get the 10th crystal eiffel. What a scam of my 800+ gold. What I got are concretes, tank eliminators and low stats stupid tank. They should improve the drop rate of getting crystal eiffel when using 100% option. The drop rate should not be the same as medium option or free option.

Dilligaf13
09-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Personally I think the chest events suck. I got 3 towers out of 4 tries the first day and not a single one after that. I don't use gold but spent a lot of money on it for nothing. I keep saying this and will say it again, I won't do this event again. See you on the next go around, lol.

DFI
09-19-2013, 04:35 AM
I agree with you. I spend all my leftover gold like 800+ gold after I am stuck at 9 for the past 2 days but I never get the 10th crystal eiffel. What a scam of my 800+ gold. What I got are concretes, tank eliminators and low stats stupid tank. They should improve the drop rate of getting crystal eiffel when using 100% option. The drop rate should not be the same as medium option or free option.

Interesting thought for gree. What if the gold option was increased to 30 per open but the drop rate is twice as good? So for the tenth, from 2% to 4%. Some additional incentive for getting people to spend gold? :(