PDA

View Full Version : LTB's and strategy

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Question for higher levels......I'm at the point were I can usually purchase 2 LTB buildings, however still haven't had the cash on hand to upgrade any of the recent ones. Would it be better to skip one round and save up the money and buy/upgrade ONE LTB, or just skim by and keep purchasing 2? Essentially the dilemma is do I try and gain att/def off the bonuses or continue working on IPH as they are limited items?

mxz
09-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Get your NCs to L3 before doing any LTBs. Once you've got them up, max out your first LTB of the next cycle. Whatever leftover cash you have at the end (basically, during war) use to build the second one (or save for NC4's....that's really what I would do).

rohan007
09-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Any suggestions for me? My iph is 900k. I have all the ltb's except pagoda transtech and trackside mill. Injust buy two first and then upgrade one of them.

Idiosyncrasy
09-13-2013, 07:38 AM
My strategy has been to buy 2 LTB's, though I usually cannot upgrade either of them. It would be nice to get the items, but there are plenty of opportunities for stats. Not as many for new buildings that are useful.

bald zeemer
09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
The ideal answer to the quandary depends entirely on how long they keep pumping out the LTBs, and whether or not they're going to keep making them stronger. If the current trajectory continues, and will continue indefinitely, then missing one to get some of the much more powerful upgrades you can get (ie, the benefit of upgrading 1 to a higher level is more than a number of L1 LTBs equal to that level).

However, if they decide to discontinue them (unlikely), or to make them significantly less powerful in terms of IPH boosting (quite possible) then skipping out, especially when the most powerful ones are dropping, is going to hurt.

In terms of the weapons, if you're only getting them to L1 or L2, then you really should discount them as a factor. IPH focus will get you better weapons in the long run (assuming LTBs stick around).

Having basically just restated your problem, some possible courses of action:

1. Depending on the hoods available to you (and whether you have the stats to hit them) then a dedicated robbing spree may be enough to boost at least a few by a level or two, which will take the strain off your economy a bit, and allow for more future upgrades. This works even for people trying to avoid XP, as the best robs are all the LTBs, and they pay low XP. Note: you should do this even if you adopt one of the other options, but doing only this is an option.

2. Take the plunge and skip an LTB if it is relatively weak (relative to the last 2 and pagoda, that is). This means if they drop another one with Transtech/Mill costs and payouts. Perform only upgrades that give you the big save, and then go hard on the next one.

3. Just buy in-game cash, to get you over the hurdle.

murf
09-13-2013, 08:06 AM
I agree with bald zeemer, here...

If it's a solid to great building, I would buy 2 of them instead of 1 to L2....and if it's a Mill or Transtech type building, I'd skip and hope the next one is better....

Dipstik
09-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Of course you buy two. What, are you some kind of pauper?

Xessy
09-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Hmmm anyone have any idea what is the next LTB?

Dipstik
09-13-2013, 08:59 AM
I heard there's not going to be one. I'm going to be upgrading my nightclubs.

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Of course you buy two. What, are you some kind of pauper?
yes dippy, can I get a Gree subsidy? Or your a lawyer right? Can you file a frivolous claim for me, so I can get lots of money and be "disabled" and sit and play this game all day. Perhaps then I will be able to compete with the likes of you. Until such I'll just enjoy my pauper life and play for free.

Dipstik
09-13-2013, 09:29 AM
yes dippy, can I get a Gree subsidy? Or your a lawyer right? Can you file a frivolous claim for me, so I can get lots of money and be "disabled" and sit and play this game all day. Perhaps then I will be able to compete with the likes of you. Until such I'll just enjoy my pauper life and play for free.

I was talking about game cash. Sounds like you have some unresolved gold-envy issues, though. See a shrink before you call a lawyer please. Makes our job SO much easier.

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 09:32 AM
I was talking about game cash. Sounds like you have some unresolved gold-envy issues, though. See a shrink before you call a lawyer please. Makes our job SO much easier.
"mentally disabled" I like your thinking, but i'm not a good liar. Game cash i'll break into millions soon, a work in progress just like everyone else.

CCKallDAY
09-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Any suggestions for me? My iph is 900k. I have all the ltb's except pagoda transtech and trackside mill. Injust buy two first and then upgrade one of them.You should have bought the Chinese Pagoda!!

Gingeasian
09-13-2013, 05:35 PM
You should have bought the Chinese Pagoda!!
Maybe he wasnt around or couldnt afford a pagoda at the time genius

CCKallDAY
09-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Maybe he wasnt around or couldnt afford a pagoda at the time geniusI'm just saying he should have got the pagoda. Doesn't mean he needs to buy one.

bald zeemer
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
You should have bought the Chinese Pagoda!!

And you should have all your LTBs upgraded to L10. It's really good for your economy. Why haven't you done it?

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 07:48 PM
And you should have all your LTBs upgraded to L10. It's really good for your economy. Why haven't you done it? For the record I have a chinese pagoda and it is upgraded. $2 if you can find it!

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 07:50 PM
For the record I have a chinese pagoda and it is upgraded. $2 if you can find it!
Opps, I need to talk to my psychiatrist again. Sorry Dippy, I have one on my other acct. #FACT

bald zeemer
09-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Probably not a wise move to challenge me to find your LTBs.
Just sayin'.

;)

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Probably not a wise move to challenge me to find your LTBs.
Just sayin'.

;)
$2 that will get you like 20 gold bars maybe.....probably not worth your time so I'm not worried. Besides you wouldn't attack part of your mob right? Isn't that unethical or something?

On second thought might be a good challenge since you don't know WHO my second acct. is? lol
Where's my buddy dippy? This could be interesting? Loser has to join my syn?

Captain Torgue
09-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Opps, I need to talk to my psychiatrist again. Sorry Dippy, I have one on my other acct. #FACT

Facts are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beamer 420
09-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Facts are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So nice of the Rogues to join us tonight, quite humbled! Any word on V?