PDA

View Full Version : Epic's in the Arena/Unable to fuse Epic - My message

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey so as far as we know we are unable to fuse Epic armor and someone said that it was because the Area would be full of epic armor. now I ask this question, who actually cares about the arena? I don't I'm only in there to get what ever points I can for the guild and the quests for each of the epic bosses. other then that I would just be leveling up and collecting the Boss armor. and with the rewards for the Arena I'm always getting between the last 2 ribbons because I don't really care about it.

I'm only collecting epic armor for guild wars I was really looking forward to fusing troll king and corvus for Tectonic to help my guild out, I'm their sentinel. and I need to protect them when the guild war starts. I was hoping to collect the keys then fuse Tectonic so my friends guild would have a surviving chance at upcoming guild wars. I haven't actually been able to participate in the guild wars because the first one my iPad kept crashing and I couldn't join in. and with the 4 hour event I was asleep, I woke up when there was only 30mins left and I didn't even get to see if I could fight so if anything I'm trying to build a defense so we might have a chance

Gree please give us back the ability to fuse Epic armor.

Dexavus
09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Removing the ability to fuse epics is making this game 100% pay to win. When a maxed aegis of the dragon can't take down a maxed cloud range unless cloud misses a few times, the difference between armor levels becomes way too unbalanced. Fusing was the ONLY way for free players to obtain an epic, and unless you have epics, good luck getting top 10 to get the one from guild war because to be able to do that you'll have to beat players who bought chests to get there epics, and to do that, you need epics of your own. Epic boss? Who cares about legendaries anymore when they are far inferior to the current epics, even when having 25/50% bonus to damage. They either need to make it so epics can be fused again, or change epic boss to where the armor you actually get is epic quality, but in the same time the boss stats can't be boosted so much where you need a bunch of epics to reach level 43.

Eunuchorn
09-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Arena = Wars. OP is dumb. Epics shouldn't have been fusable from the start. There's already too many kiddies with tec

Eunuchorn
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Removing the ability to fuse epics is making this game 100% pay to win. When a maxed aegis of the dragon can't take down a maxed cloud range unless cloud misses a few times, the difference between armor levels becomes way too unbalanced. Fusing was the ONLY way for free players to obtain an epic, and unless you have epics, good luck getting top 10 to get the one from guild war because to be able to do that you'll have to beat players who bought chests to get there epics, and to do that, you need epics of your own. Epic boss? Who cares about legendaries anymore when they are far inferior to the current epics, even when having 25/50% bonus to damage. They either need to make it so epics can be fused again, or change epic boss to where the armor you actually get is epic quality, but in the same time the boss stats can't be boosted so much where you need a bunch of epics to reach level 43.

Wow.......

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Arena = Wars. OP is dumb. Epics shouldn't have been fusable from the start. There's already too many kiddies with tec

No I mean, the Gulild Wars events, that there was only been 2 of so far on iOS
and Arena I mean as the button left of the 'Guild' button at the bottom right side of the screen.

deathexe
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
No I mean, the Gulild Wars events, that there was only been 2 of so far on iOS
and Arena I mean as the button left of the 'Guild' button at the bottom right side of the screen.

What he means is that arena and wars are almost the same thing. If tecs flood the arena, they flood the war also.

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
What he means is that arena and wars are almost the same thing. If tecs flood the arena, they flood the war also.

Yeah that makes sense but who knows they could be the people with 1-man guilds but if they're worried couldn't they drop the tec stats massifly and make it a 4 star armor and just make a whole new OP defense armor?

Then000bster
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
@Eunuchorn
Some of us people don't have freaking endless bank accounts. I know people who pay should have an advantage >.> That's why they get the plus versions. I still have yet to spend a cent on this game and have gotten pretty far. I was looking forward to being able to get my regular tectonic. If you're complaining about "noobs" they still have to pay for levels 70-99, IMO That isn't the easiest thing in the world. You still have your special Cloudrange+ Just be happy and kill us all with that.

deathexe
09-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah that makes sense but who knows they could be the people with 1-man guilds but if they're worried couldn't they drop the tec stats massifly and make it a 4 star armor and just make a whole new OP defense armor?

So then what would be the point of making your thread then?

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I've spent about $50ish on this because I wanted to try the DPC and every time I've gotten crap, I then started to use the free gems and only ever used them to revive my players I've tried to save the free gems to afford upgrades to my training fields but I end up spending them and just the other week my friend gave me a $20 gift card so I could get gems and now I'm sitting with 165 gems not sure what to do with them, I want beast chest but I'm afraid it'll be wasted on crap like before or I upgrade my training fields or summon past bosses to craft their armor, I don't really care about the + version I'm not strong enough to even beat the boss more then 21 times

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 09:11 PM
So then what would be the point of making your thread then?
Well I typed it up because I was annoyed and mad just like everyone else here complaining but then I had that idea when I typed that reply up and now I don't care anymore

deathexe
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
I've spent about $50ish on this because I wanted to try the DPC and every time I've gotten crap, I then started to use the free gems and only ever used them to revive my players I've tried to save the free gems to afford upgrades to my training fields but I end up spending them and just the other week my friend gave me a $20 gift card so I could get gems and now I'm sitting with 165 gems not sure what to do with them, I want beast chest but I'm afraid it'll be wasted on crap like before or I upgrade my training fields or summon past bosses to craft their armor, I don't really care about the + version I'm not strong enough to even beat the boss more then 21 times

I'm still having some trouble seeing the link to your original post. By the way, you may want to focus on your training fields, it's more important than anything else. You may also want to start working towards the + versions of epic boss armors since you're already level 96 and should have at least a few 70+ armors from storyline bosses or at least good 70 armors.

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't have any armor level 70, I'm still doin the quest line, I'm currently doing the quest where I have to farm the Dark Prince Gems and then have to craft the armor, I always end up using the quest armor to enhance my current armor because mine is stronger at the current moment.

deathexe
09-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't have any armor level 70, I'm still doin the quest line, I'm currently doing the quest where I have to farm the Dark Prince Gems and then have to craft the armor, I always end up using the quest armor to enhance my current armor because mine is stronger at the current moment.

You're probably going about it the wrong way though, especially if you're still following the questline. What armors do you have?

Eunuchorn
09-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Cloudrange+ is worthless against tec. I've been saying since shadow chest try were gonna take epics off the fuse tables. And good riddance. You should all be glad it's taking Gree this long to bring K&D up to par with the rest of the games. Be glad you were here during the era of fusable epics.

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM
My main armies is Blazeborne Vanguard, Moontide Platemail, Pyromancer's Mantle, Rageborne Raiment,

I hade Eurus, Wanderers shroud and the Assassin Shroud

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
As for quest line I focused on clearing all the levels and then went back through to complete the quests

ZERO_07
09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Epics should have never been created in the first place theyre overcentralizing the game too much, the game was much more balanced when it was just Legendaries with similiar/close stats

Tahimaka
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Epics should have never been created in the first place theyre overcentralizing the game too much, the game was much more balanced when it was just Legendaries with similiar/close stats
I agree with you there, when they were released everyone was so excited and tested their best to get one and when Black Kal + was announced as the strongest then they came along

Dexavus
09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Cloudrange+ is worthless against tec. I've been saying since shadow chest try were gonna take epics off the fuse tables. And good riddance. You should all be glad it's taking Gree this long to bring K&D up to par with the rest of the games. Be glad you were here during the era of fusable epics.

So because its bad against one armor doesn't count it as an epic? You said you have no epics which was wrong, and it also ****s blaze and moon.

Eunuchorn
09-11-2013, 11:11 PM
So because its bad against one armor doesn't count it as an epic? You said you have no epics which was wrong, and it also ****s blaze and moon.

You, sir, are a moron. Spare Change is lucky to have you.

Dexavus
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM
You, sir, are a moron. Spare Change is lucky to have you.

Oh another constructive post, what a surprise. Considering both statements I said were true, and you wonder why no one except your RR minions ever take you seriously on these forums, King Douchebag.

Pretty sure "spare change" is doing just fine, 2nd in first war and 2 guilds top 5 for second war. We're not gonna spend thousands of dollars just to be #1 on a video game, some people have more important things to pride themselves upon.

NinJaPaN
09-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Hum, its interesting to see how all these forums/threads get off topic within minutes,
There should b some postdoc researcher somewhere in the behavioural sciences world who likes gaming; that person should write a paper based on the psychological or cognitive aspects that make these threads change within seconds and publish it; or even from a more classical anthropological view in which community based roles or societies are divided by social and/or behavioural norms and values; (i'd prolly read 1page and fall asleep as my attention span is only rivaled by my lazyness span) but anyway i guess it would be interesting,
U should mainly find the nonchangeable elements and see how those influence those elements that can change, once youve got those you can start analysing why they change when they change, for ex, if sumwan starts a thread on a certain topic thats ur starting point, mostly followed by a couple of posts that follow the subject and a sporadic negative (un)related post such as " r u stupid" or "this topic already exists u wanker"; this is then followed by some more related and unrelated posts that fill some pages and the threads, by page 2-3+ are then living their own life already,
Then, of course, there r the posters that - that for whatever reason - people hate on (ehmm who could this be if only we had an example of someone - unicorn- and then the thread gets yet another dimension within the topic) this often goes on for quite some pages and more often than not it dies a silent death, but the whole process starts over in other threads, which normally entails that, if allowed, the interaction could b infinite, altough their are cases which are different from the general preposition, such as for ex a fusion results thread that in general stays quite close to the actual topic, and their are, of course, recorded cases in which a village eldest, often referred to as a or the wise one uses his authority within the co mmunity to shut down superfluous or downright idiotic threads without any real additional value to the community,
Anywho id write the article n have it published myself if only i wasnt this lazy...

Then000bster
09-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Oh another constructive post, what a surprise. Considering both statements I said were true, and you wonder why no one except your RR minions ever take you seriously on these forums, King Douchebag.

Pretty sure "spare change" is doing just fine, 2nd in first war and 2 guilds top 5 for second war. We're not gonna spend thousands of dollars just to be #1 on a video game, some people have more important things to pride themselves upon.

I bid farewell to thee on this lovely day. May he rest in peace forever and ever. Amen.

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 12:45 AM

Spare Change is a term of endearment. & yes, they are doing more than fine. The part where I said they were lucky to have you was where I was being sarcastic.

You're referring to a post I made in a different thread. I retain my point that you are...can you guess?

You know what isn't constructive? 8 threads on the same topic.

Matty Cash
09-12-2013, 12:49 AM
i think im gonna go talk with my wife... she does less whineing and there is uaually a happy ending

Dexavus
09-12-2013, 01:05 AM
You're referring to a post I made in the wrong thread. I retain my point that you are...can you guess?

A different thread on the exact same topic, I don't see much difference, nice edit job on the post though.

And I can agree that 8 threads on the same topic isn't necessary, but you going to each of them and degrading the OP isn't necessary either, but then again that's just what you do.

drhawk
09-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Spare Change is a term of endearment. & yes, they are doing more than fine. The part where I said they were lucky to have you was where I was being sarcastic.

You're referring to a post I made in a different thread. I retain my point that you are...can you guess?

Taking time to reply to all of those 8 threads was an evidence of great dedication. I wish GREE hired you as the new forum liaison. At the very least we would know when they read the threads :D

What am I kidding, they probably can't afford you. For all we know the Wise One is actually an unpaid intern sipping a cup of day old coffee ;)

Brutal1977
09-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Day old coffee is infinitely better than no coffee. No coffee... *shudders*

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Day old coffee is infinitely better than no coffee. No coffee... *shudders*

I only drink water. I can barely force down 1 glass of red wine & haven't had hard alcohol or soda in years. I still managed to stay awake for 40 hours, then slept 12, waking up at 5:05 to find myself ranked #29 on troll. FML. The 40 gems in EE it would have cost me to finish my 60 kills ended up costing me 1200 in silver chests & an armor craft speed up. Referencing a different thread about gem boycotting ftw?

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 01:38 AM
A different thread on the exact same topic, I don't see much difference, nice edit job on the post though.

The same topic, yes, but in the context of THIS thread your post made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, & still might have no real ground in the other thread. I welcome you to go try though, I think I know exactly what about my post there you didn't understand. Mainly because inference and innuendo demand critical thought, something they've done a fantastic job eradicating over the past 60 years.

Oh, & not only am I replying to all these mediocrely thought out threads, but I'm keeping track of them, & was able to realize you were responding in the wrong one, & edit my response here long enough for you to read my response & the edit *before* coming up with & typing out your oh so clever come back.

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 01:45 AM
And I can agree that 8 threads on the same topic isn't necessary, but you going to each of them and degrading the OP isn't necessary either, but then again that's just what you do.

This made me lol. That is kinda what I do.
You have no idea what kind of avalanche of stupid went through these forums in the 5 months I was here before you. Well, stupid is as stupid does, & what good would I be doing if not pointing it out. Ever wonder who Harvey Guo is, creator of the most popular thread on here? It's people like you that drove her away.

NinJaPaN
09-12-2013, 01:47 AM
So as everything is completely off topic, i have a question,
I was upgrading my blazebornwith regard to the boss, and i noticed smtg (there might b a thread on this but...)
My pyro maxed is 1238/1011 and on my main knight it totals 1894/1617, while my blazeborn (lv63) is 1258/1099, so technically higher already than my pyro, but on my main knight when equipped the total is 1785/1606; so significantly lower than the pyro,
Now i guess its the elemental bonuses that explain the "discrepancy" but im just a bit confused,
If or when you hit for ex this boss with pyro, does ur fire atk actually hit at 1894 or do you have to subtract the spirit bonus that is added to overall atk, and if so, isnt the total/overall atk a misrepresentation of ur actual atk?

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 01:51 AM
So as everything is completely off topic, i have a question,
I was upgrading my blazebornwith regard to the boss, and i noticed smtg (there might b a thread on this but...)
My pyro maxed is 1238/1011 and on my main knight it totals 1894/1617, while my blazeborn (lv63) is 1258/1099, so technically higher already than my pyro, but on my main knight when equipped the total is 1785/1606; so significantly lower than the pyro,
Now i guess its the elemental bonuses that explain the "discrepancy" but im just a bit confused,
If or when you hit for ex this boss with pyro, does ur fire atk actually hit at 1894 or do you have to subtract the spirit bonus that is added to overall atk, and if so, isnt the total/overall atk a misrepresentation of ur actual atk?

That's a rather complicated math question along with the required observation. Are you on Line messenger with us? Theorycrafter would probably be able to take a crack at it. Search: teheunuchorn

NinJaPaN
09-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi, ya im leeching the app now (i normally use plrngo) ill contact u once its operational n we can see if it can b "cracked"; cheers

Eunuchorn
09-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Hi, ya im leeching the app now (i normally use plrngo) ill contact u once its operational n we can see if it can b "cracked"; cheers

Oh dear, please please do absolutely everything in your power to make everyone you know using Palringo stop immediately.

NinJaPaN
09-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Plrngo is/was pretty ok till thelast update started showing popups all the time; ps, i guess i sent u a msg on the line msngr, just dunno if ur getting it? Using same name as here

Marco_
09-12-2013, 04:21 AM
to find myself ranked #29 on troll. FML.
I'm pretty sure based on lots of your posts, you'd rank #1 on Caustic... ;-(

(Sorry, but that quoted bit was just formulated too perfect; couldn't help myself. ;) )
It's not my impression that the "90% of everything is crap" saying applies to this forum community, so please stop treating us like it does, Eunuchorn!

NickkyDC
09-12-2013, 05:53 AM
I agree that epics should never have been fusable to start, but they were and thats the issue, you cant give a baby a bottle then rip it out of its mouth, Its disapointing to say the least, It gave me a sense of having something to do, trying to fuse armor to make my epics then maxing them.

EljayK
09-12-2013, 05:59 AM
I agree that epics should never have been fusable to start, but they were and thats the issue, you cant give a baby a bottle then rip it out of its mouth, Its disapointing to say the least, It gave me a sense of having something to do, trying to fuse armor to make my epics then maxing them.

If you admit that it was a problem to start then you can't complain about this change. If it was a problem to start it has to change at some point. That point will never be opportune. There will never be a 'right' way or time to fix a mistake that hands out something like epic armor to a group of people who were wise enough to jump on a train and steal the loot when they saw it about to go over a cliff.

Everyone just sat there next to all the gold on the train and said, "The gold is always there. I'll get it whenever I want. After I eat dinner. Then I'll get the gold."
No one looked up and saw the track ending over the cliff.

In this metaphor, the train is the epic tect fuse, the dinner is 1, (one!!!) key to a random chest we have no way of knowing the contents of, and the loot is the epic armor.

Everyone is mad the train went off the track and they didn't get the loot, because they were too greedy to want a single random chance key in addition to a guaranteed amazing epic. It's not Gree's fault that people didn't have the foresight to see an obvious mistake and take advantage when they could. This is a game of chance and random chests. Take advantage of a guarantee when you see it.

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Part of the reason you were 29 was I spent $100 on gems just for this boss to elbow into the top 25 in order to get an extra troll for fusion. Then Gree changed the rules without warning. So take your talk of whining about free epics and stuff it. I was robbed.

EljayK
09-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Part of the reason you were 29 was I spent $100 on gems just for this boss to elbow into the top 25 in order to get an extra troll for fusion. Then Gree changed the rules without warning. So take your talk of whining about free epics and stuff it. I was robbed.

You weren't robbed at all. You played a game that charges you money for chance, then you decided to spend your own money willingly, then it didn't work out how you planned. You weren't robbed, you gambled. You knew what you were getting into with a FTP game. You have no one to blame but yourself. Whine all you want, but don't below your own bull.

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 07:55 AM
It taught me not to spend money on this game, that is true. I suspect though that this is not the effect Gree was hoping for.

Belimah
09-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Gree's changes amount to inflation control. The more readily available epics are, the more pointless they are. If you were depending on availability of epics on what you knew was a gamble, I understand the disappointment, but someone has to lose out when game mechanics change to more toward balanced play.

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 08:29 AM
So would you be upset if for balance they made it so the higher level your guild, the more you would be penalized? Or pick anything else you worked at for a benefit.

If too many epics is the problem, then take them all away. There, game mechanics changed for balance.

Belimah
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
They already did that, in a different way. As a former GM and current GC, they nerfed our godlike bonuses and I was *mildly* disappointed. It was pretty serious game balance issue though, and one I think they rightfully corrected.

The easy availablility of epics was one of two things:

1. An unforeseen mistake leading to inflation, which Gree has corrected.

2. An intentional but brief injection of currency to get more people wanting epics.

I'm leaning toward #1.

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 09:01 AM
As a GC the bonus reduction was painful, but there it was indeed a question of balance. I had 150 win streaks going in the arena which was ridiculous. But this time they took the inequality and set it in concrete. If you fused early you are ahead and there is no way for others to catch up. Chests are not a solution since they only very rarely give anything other than crap.

Belimah
09-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Better to fix it now than deal with the long term effects of inflation, which can easily result wider margins of inequality.

Nothing is set in stone; we don't know what will be in the beast chests, and all you have to do to get keys is craft a few legendaries.

Uriy
09-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Hey,guys! I spen 500$ for buying gems and spent the, for Shadow chests to get Tectonic! But receive nothing! No epic, no legendary! But i received my tectonic with fusing 2 legendary armors... Is it ok??? Spenting 500$ and receive nothing???

Hakurou
09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey,guys! I spen 500$ for buying gems and spent the, for Shadow chests to get Tectonic! But receive nothing! No epic, no legendary! But i received my tectonic with fusing 2 legendary armors... Is it ok??? Spenting 500$ and receive nothing???

Like playing lottery or slot machine...if you think loosing is unfair, dont play.

Belimah
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
You gambled and lost. Try waiting for one of those deals where they guarantee some prize for purchasing 11 chests if you want to be certain of what you're getting.

ddaddy2420
09-12-2013, 11:48 AM

LOL of course its ok, you willingly spent your own money on something that was never guaranteed. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to pay $500 for something virtual for crying out loud. You clearly had an extra $500 or you wouldn't have spent it on something that doesn't exist in the the real world. So again to answer your silly question, a big fat YES it is ok for you to spend your own money. Not sure why you are even asking us to answer this.

EljayK
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
If too many epics is the problem, then take them all away. There, game mechanics changed for balance.

How exactly do you expect that to go over though? You're here attempting to state the point that one single epic was taken away from people before they even had it, as being unfair. Yet now you mention taking them all away as a fix? How would that be fair to the people that spent money and got them from chests? How would that be fair to winners of guild wars? How would that be fair to people who invested time into leveling them? That's a narcissisticly selfish attempt at balance, and it's no different than people who already had Tect saying this is a fair change.

forcefed4door
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
^ it's the same way it would be fair that someone spent a bunch of money buying gems so they could get the boss armours (for low level people that needed the extra boost maybe). And the main reason some people would do this is because there was a very good chance to fuse them for tectonic as many people were. Now that aspect is removed and people got shafted out of spending money that gave them a chance for the epic. That obviously is not right at all. And yeh most of the people that allready fused for there moontides blazeborn and Tec. Could give a crap because they allready have the good stuff. It'll be better for all those people because now it'll take forever for everyone else to come close to having powerful armours like an epic. But it is what it is. Everyone in top 100 of arena is rocking most of the time all 3 epics.

busteroaf
09-12-2013, 03:45 PM
^ it's the same way it would be fair that someone spent a bunch of money buying gems so they could get the boss armours (for low level people that needed the extra boost maybe). And the main reason some people would do this is because there was a very good chance to fuse them for tectonic as many people were. Now that aspect is removed and people got shafted out of spending money that gave them a chance for the epic. That obviously is not right at all. And yeh most of the people that allready fused for there moontides blazeborn and Tec. Could give a crap because they allready have the good stuff. It'll be better for all those people because now it'll take forever for everyone else to come close to having powerful armours like an epic. But it is what it is. Everyone in top 100 of arena is rocking most of the time all 3 epics.

Oh, some people got shafted? Tell me more about how the top guilds that put in time and money to win the Guild Wars that have Cloudrange/CR+, and they just released another A/W epic. How did they not get shafted?

forcefed4door
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
^ lol obviously they didn't get shafted if they allready have an air water epic. I know I wouldnt mind having one!

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Did RR think they would have the best armor in the game forever? That analogy is ridiculous.

gardibolt
09-12-2013, 04:00 PM
How exactly do you expect that to go over though? You're here attempting to state the point that one single epic was taken away from people before they even had it, as being unfair. Yet now you mention taking them all away as a fix? How would that be fair to the people that spent money and got them from chests? How would that be fair to winners of guild wars? How would that be fair to people who invested time into leveling them? That's a narcissisticly selfish attempt at balance, and it's no different than people who already had Tect saying this is a fair change.

Hey you are the one saying Gree can change the rules any time so suck on this. I invested plenty and got the shaft for it.

busteroaf
09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Did RR think they would have the best armor in the game forever? That analogy is ridiculous.

So people think they could just kill the boss 15 times and fuse and get epics? Cause that is obviously working as intended.

And having best armor forever? No, but to release another Epic that makes a guild war win worthless is a slap in the face to us too.

Coldflush
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
What Gree has done here is WRONG.

Now settle down all you big spenders dont get your knickers in a twist, I actually think allowing the epics to be fused originally was wrong and they should stay as a reward for wars.

But Gree did release them for fusing and because of this if they were going to withdraw them then the least they owed their non gem buying patrons was to announce nice and clearly that they were going to do this and not just pull the rug out from under them.
Many sets of Corvus and Troll Armour have been wasted this past day with no official warning to its players. Gree should at the very least admit they have erred here and give these players back their Armour. The game in essence for gem players (of which i am one) in my opinion is alot easier and the effort put in by non gem buyers on the whole exceeds my own to craft these epic boss Armour.

As much as gem buyers keep this game going and pay for developments the game would be boring without the tons of non gem buyers involved.

Dexavus
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
So people think they could just kill the boss 15 times and fuse and get epics? Cause that is obviously working as intended.

And having best armor forever? No, but to release another Epic that makes a guild war win worthless is a slap in the face to us too.

I gotta agree with you guys on this one, out of all the elements they could've chose from they chose the same as the 1st guild war and even gave it better stats. Feel bad for you guys.

Padrebaseball26
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I gotta agree with you guys on this one, out of all the elements they could've chose from they chose the same as the 1st guild war and even gave it better stats. Feel bad for you guys.

I don't fully agree. Mainly because very few will have this better version of this epic element combo, so the ones they won from the guild war are still going to dominate in general. It would be worse for their guild if gree put out a air/earth combo epic with stronger stats. This would ultimately destroy their guild war rewards.

Miyabi
09-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't fully agree. Mainly because very few will have this better version of this epic element combo, so the ones they won from the guild war are still going to dominate in general. It would be worse for their guild if gree put out a air/earth combo epic with stronger stats. This would ultimately destroy their guild war rewards.

Pls try to read thru first, they are talking about if ppl gets to lv15 of eb to be able to craft this maelstorm.
Not saying ppl will have lesser chance to get it in chest.
It will be a slap at the face if ppl can fuse the maelstorm easily n replaced wat they have in #1 as the first guild war rewards.

knights
09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Tec is dumb. I have some pretty serious spirit + armors waiting to cream all you tec-sporting-kiddies out there. DIE!

Tahimaka
09-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Also did Gree change Tectonic? I think I just came across one and it was stone/water

deathexe
09-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Also did Gree change Tectonic? I think I just came across one and it was stone/water

You may have mistaken Clayplate for a tec.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:18 AM

You were robbed of something before you had it? That...doesn't make sense.

You should buy EE to get top 25 for so many reasons *other* than hoping to fuse a non+ armor.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:22 AM
So would you be upset if for balance they made it so the higher level your guild, the more you would be penalized? Or pick anything else you worked at for a benefit.

An example of "higher penalties for higher level guilds"? More than likely, this would make sense. But I can't even think what you would apply it to.

Too many epics isn't a problem. Too many easily gotten epics is the problem. Remove them from the game? Where do you even get this idea?

busteroaf
09-13-2013, 12:25 AM
An example of "higher penalties for higher level guilds"? More than likely, this would make sense. But I can't even think what you would apply it to.

Too many epics isn't a problem. Too many easily gotten epics is the problem. Remove them from the game? Where do you even get this idea?

Probably the ridiculous idea of "if not everyone can get easily fused cheap epics, no one should have them." Poor souls.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:28 AM

lol, only $500? I've spent 4x that & never gotten epic from chest. & I've only fused my first/only moon a few days ago

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:36 AM

Nothing has changed. You want chance at epic, buy 30gem chest. DPC is for Nemmy, Leg+, & fodder. Always has been. To be up in arms over how the 4th epic released, which happened to be craftable & now isn't, negates the value of chests is ludicrous.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:44 AM
^ lol obviously they didn't get shafted if they allready have an air water epic. I know I wouldnt mind having one!

I agree some people are overreacting about their Cloud being "replaced", I think any guild who earned a Cloud has something of a right to feel "shafted" that a more powerful copycat version can now be obtained by anyone. There are more reasons that this really isn't as much an issue as its being made out to be. Especially when next F/W boss hits.

No one said anything about the most powerful armor in the game. Actually, with elements that isn't even possible. We are discussing same element combos.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:51 AM
What Gree has done here is WRONG.

Now settle down all you big spenders dont get your knickers in a twist, I actually think allowing the epics to be fused originally was wrong and they should stay as a reward for wars.

But Gree did release them for fusing and because of this if they were going to withdraw them then the least they owed their non gem buying patrons was to announce nice and clearly that they were going to do this and not just pull the rug out from under them.
Many sets of Corvus and Troll Armour have been wasted this past day with no official warning to its players. Gree should at the very least admit they have erred here and give these players back their Armour. The game in essence for gem players (of which i am one) in my opinion is alot easier and the effort put in by non gem buyers on the whole exceeds my own to craft these epic boss Armour.

As much as gem buyers keep this game going and pay for developments the game would be boring without the tons of non gem buyers involved.
By all means, stop playing & take the rest of the CFPs(Completely Free Players) with you. Go use a legendary as an enhancer & see if Gree will give it back to you. They don't owe anyone any kind of warning, & you should never expect details.

Bride of Eunuchorn
09-13-2013, 12:55 AM

They had this Aegis+ event for just that reason. It will massacre clouds & maelstroms. Most people complaining about their Cloud being replaced aren't thinking of epic bosses where you want 3x of the same best element combo armor.

Rand al Thor
09-13-2013, 06:24 AM
I think that regardless of how they do it, the most successful people will always be the ones who pay for gems.

EljayK
09-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Hey you are the one saying Gree can change the rules any time so suck on this. I invested plenty and got the shaft for it.

You chose to spend money on an ever-evolving game with a very obvious power creep. The money would have been obsolete eventually anyway. You didn't get shafted, you're just upset you're not treated special and missed a powerhouse chance at an epic that you should have known better than to risk losing in the first place.

EljayK
09-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Probably the ridiculous idea of "if not everyone can get easily fused cheap epics, no one should have them." Poor souls.

Communist!!

NinJaPaN
09-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Soooo what will be the next step?; 3element (epic) armours?:)

Hope i didnt give gree an idea...

teddydoan
09-13-2013, 01:05 PM

Sorry not bring it up ! Man i wish Gree hired you as other guy said , Totally , agreed with you from the start :)

NickkyDC
09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Honestly, Epics have a huge boost in stats of course, but a good legendary with no weakness and at least 1 element strong, can still beat an epic. Its the difference of 300-400 atk usually, and most armors have mono elements,making them generally half as boosted as a legendary. NOW this new epic from guild wars will be a beast. but regardless Im not to worried, If/when I really need it ill save the money up to buy my epic armors.

sanzibar1
09-15-2013, 04:40 AM
my idea is that you can only get + armor with guild wars and chest and non plus epics must be fuseable this will stil give the gem spenders an advantage and the non gem spenders a decent armor but not better than the gem spenders

ZERO_07
09-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Have you guys been trying to fuse Cloud King + Troll King on a regular basis to see if they changed it or not? Or did you just try it once on the 11th and since then continue to QQ?

Justx
09-15-2013, 07:34 AM
I tried it yesterday, got CKF again..

SolarWind
09-15-2013, 02:11 PM
my idea is that you can only get + armor with guild wars and chest and non plus epics must be fuseable this will stil give the gem spenders an advantage and the non gem spenders a decent armor but not better than the gem spenders

Also agree with sanzibar:

- +version = chests + GW only

My idea:
- additional option so non-plus epic/legendary armors that aren't in GW can be bought with gems (whatever, e.g. 1999+ gems, at least it's guaranteed). If people get what they want they would come back and pay more = win-win.
- normal epic fusion can be made difficult by having high chance (not 100%, say 50%) ONLY if you have at least 1 epic in the mix (for people who get duplicates from chests). If they use 2 Legendaries, the chance can be much lower (say 5%), still fair.
- keep the normal chance chest for people who don't want to pay as much.

This should at least make high paying customers happy and non-paying still have chance (need more luck).

Ithiliond
09-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I guess the solution could be to add some new legendaries with different element combination, so that u can't fuse could+troll to get a guaranteed tectonic.
In any case, the difference between legendaries+ (that you still can only get in chests) and normal epics is too much to think that epics should only be found in chest (unless there's an efficient way to farm free gems, giving non paying players a decent chance to find one).

- normal epic fusion can be made difficult by having high chance (not 100%, say 50%) ONLY if you have at least 1 epic in the mix (for people who get duplicates from chests). If they use 2 Legendaries, the chance can be much lower (say 5%), still fair.

There's no point in fusing an epic to get another epic, unless u have tons of unused epics which means that probably u're a gem buyer (or u play this game since ages and found some ways to obtain a decent amount of free gems, say 200 at least but probably even more, without winning arenas/GWars through epics).

SolarWind
09-15-2013, 03:08 PM
I guess the solution could be to add some new legendaries with different element combination, so that u can't fuse could+troll to get a guaranteed tectonic.
In any case, the difference between legendaries+ (that you still can only get in chests) and normal epics is too much to think that epics should only be found in chest (unless there's an efficient way to farm free gems, giving non paying players a decent chance to find one).

There's no point in fusing an epic to get another epic, unless u have tons of unused epics which means that probably u're a gem buyer (or u play this game since ages and found some ways to obtain a decent amount of free gems, say 200 at least but probably even more, without winning arenas/GWars through epics).

Well, my point is exactly that. There should be a mechanism for gem buyer to turn their duplicate epic armours into something useful. And yes, you'd have to spend money/win gems in the first place to get duplicates, or you'd have to be very lucky once or twice.

Personally, I think it's fair that people who spend more on average have better options, otherwise where is the value proposition? But right now, it's hard to make a case for spending more when it's pure lottery with no other options. I've seen someone in this forum who spend close to $1000 and got nothing - luck aside, wouldn't it be nice to have an option to get something out of that much money (like just buying non-plus directly or if you got duplicates, fuse them to get a new epic).

I mean, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Just trying to think of a way to help players who spend their money happier. Other games have it (Clash of Clan, Hay Day, Dragonvale) so why not this game.

Lieda
09-15-2013, 04:50 PM
On a second tought, i think regular epics should be able to be fused, but since they are a quite exclusive thing, they could have the chests rate, wich is ridiculously low, and wich would keep things fair in this free scenario. And should require.. Say... Two legendary with matching elements or at least one if its mono result. As said, the chance would be so low that if they manage to get it fused, it was sort of well deserved, seems fair like this in my opinion.

EljayK
09-16-2013, 06:36 AM
I think the main problem with this whole fusing of tectonic fiasco is that there aren't many options.

Once you get a 4* boss armor, your options for fusing it into something are limited. If you're looking for sky guardian or battle gear, that's all well and good. But there are no earth/wind combinations 4* or up, except Aegis; which has long been known to be un-fusable. As far as fire/wind, there was only Combustion, and that is now gone. There simply wasn't a big enough pool of armors in the pot, or a big enough diversification of armors, to justify releasing Epics yet. We didn't need another star yet. We needed variety. But instead of variety, we're now given a slew of epics of practically the same elemental combinations that already flood the arena.

I personally believe that there should be fusion only armors. Armors that are somewhere between what a + and normal version would be, that don't show up in chests. They would be able to stand as some sort of "mid way jump" between EB+ and Epic non-plus.

ZERO_07
09-16-2013, 06:50 AM
To be honest I was expecting Gree to make more armors fuseable to increase possible outcomes and lower the chances of getting Epics, and/or lowering the actual % of fusing for Epics not just outright removing them from them as possible results from the game.

Making the following armors fuseable:

Aegis of the Dragon
Dark Prince Armor
Bone Harvester
Mountainvine
Chitnous

And then lowering the actual % to get Epic armors so you're more likely to get a Legendary much in the same way the chances of fusing a Legendary with two 2-3 stars is also low, that would have been a better idea...

Sifu
09-16-2013, 07:11 AM
I think the main problem with this whole fusing of tectonic fiasco is that there aren't many options.

Once you get a 4* boss armor, your options for fusing it into something are limited. If you're looking for sky guardian or battle gear, that's all well and good. But there are no earth/wind combinations 4* or up, except Aegis; which has long been known to be un-fusable. As far as fire/wind, there was only Combustion, and that is now gone. There simply wasn't a big enough pool of armors in the pot, or a big enough diversification of armors, to justify releasing Epics yet. We didn't need another star yet. We needed variety. But instead of variety, we're now given a slew of epics of practically the same elemental combinations that already flood the arena.

I personally believe that there should be fusion only armors. Armors that are somewhere between what a + and normal version would be, that don't show up in chests. They would be able to stand as some sort of "mid way jump" between EB+ and Epic non-plus.

I think this nails the problem they failed to foresee spot on. It was my first thought as well when I heard epics seemed to be off the fusion tables. I immediately assumed they were thinking about the "best" way to prevent such predictable, high-chance epic fusions. As soon as they decided what solution they liked best and implemented it, they would bring back epic fusions. Obviously, this is just my assumption, and they may decide leaving epic fusions out IS the best solution.

I REALLY REALLY like your solution. It still gives the free players a way to gamble for armor upgrades while preserving the benefit a paying player can have. It also can be implemented without having to wait for months for more armors to be introduced into the game from the usual methods to build the variety that you identified as missing.

Edit: Although, the exact strength of these "fusion only" armors...can be debated. I'm not really sure where I feel they should fall in the mix. Maybe the range of strength should be such that the strongest are on par with the average non+ epic and the average is just below epic non+. Idk.

To be honest I was expecting Gree to make more armors fuseable to increase possible outcomes and lower the chances of getting Epics, and/or lowering the actual % of fusing for Epics not just outright removing them from them as possible results from the game.

Making the following armors fuseable:

Aegis of the Dragon
Dark Prince Armor
Bone Harvester
Mountainvine
Chitnous

And then lowering the actual % to get Epic armors so you're more likely to get a Legendary would have been a better idea.

This was the solution I expected when I predicted that they just wanted to have less high-chance shots at an epic. Add some older armors, etc, to the fusion tables to dilute them so that epic was rare again. This could be used in conjunction with the previous suggestion to further dilute the tables.