PDA

View Full Version : New Prize for Consecutive Wins in upcoming War?

TMI
09-11-2013, 08:06 PM
I hear that there's a new prize for this war, for a certain amount of consecutive wins, like how they do in MW. Is this true? Has anyone heard anything about this?

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I've heard about it and am trying to plan for it. Hate how GREE keeps it as last minute special info while many high-end teams are privy to leaked info. Not exactly fair.

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I've heard about it and am trying to plan for it. Hate how GREE keeps it as last minute special info while many high-end teams are privy to leaked info. Not exactly fair.

Have you tried crying about it? Might work.

Rodney26
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Oh dippy😂😂

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Have you tried crying about it? Might work.

I will real quick. Just for you....

Nope. Any other suggestions?

Swedevil
09-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Just message gree and tell them your account was hacked and you want then to make up for it by giving you all the special information you want. I hear they make deals with people that have been hacked now.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Just message gree and tell them your account was hacked and you want then to make up for it by giving you all the special information you want. I hear they make deals with people that have been hacked now.

The response would be well after this event begins. Their average response time to me is about 5 days. Even then, it's as if they didn't even read what I've written & copy-paste some generic garbage response. I guess I'm not spending enough gold to get a coherent response out of them..

BigMoney
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Not really leaked info. Most top CC players just happen to also play KA/MW, where these sorts of things happen first. It's beta info being leaked that might be seen as "unfair," but even then that's hardly a huge deal other than having a slightly better grasp on upcoming events than others.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
It's easy to say that, "it's hardly a huge deal", when you are one of those who are privy to the leaks. For the majority of Syndicates though, it is a "huge deal".. Especially with the SLTQ leaks... Oh, we should prehit these guys? Okay.

Just had to provide some perspective.

Edit: and the leaked info is that, win streaks are happening... See, it's good to know about these things before they happen so you can change your game plan... Rather than being hit with the info at the start of the event... Then having to get all of your members up to speed.

Edit 2: Wondering what the "Coming Soon" is for in the *Donation* Tab?
Those are items that will be earned (similarly to bricks). They will be used for Syndicate Boss events. Not 100% sure on how they will be utilized but, I know further leaks will occur in the future & I hope I don't have to be privy to those too... I hope GREE just spells it out for us a few days in advance. (When the leaks would usually occur..)

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 09:28 PM
It's easy to say that, "it's hardly a huge deal", when you are one of those who are privy to the leaks. For the majority of Syndicates though, it is a "huge deal".. Especially with the SLTQ leaks... Oh, we should prehit these guys? Okay.

Just had to provide some perspective.

Edit: and the leaked info is that, win streaks are happening... See, it's good to know about these things before they happen so you can change your game plan... Rather than being hit with the info at the start of the event... Then having to get all of your members up to speed.

Prehit ting bosses is a result of a rudimentary knowledge of the game, not leaks.
Even so the beta info for SLTQ was leaked on the forum. And SLTQ was in KA (and MW?) prior to CC.

So you can rest assured that this conspiracy theory is just as crazy as most others.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 09:38 PM
You can the play down the leaks all you want. It won't change the fact that the info should just be made official, prior to the leaks occurring.

ps- I'm glad A&F came through and said data sniffing is a violation of ToS.. Now GREE just needs to fix it so all that unnecessary data isn't being transmitted. As, data sniffing isn't detectable on GREE's end.

Mistress Nikita
09-11-2013, 09:49 PM
You can the play down the leaks all you want. It won't change the fact that the info should just be made official, prior to the leaks occurring.

ps- I'm glad A&F came through and said data sniffing is a violation of ToS.. Now GREE just needs to fix it so all that unnecessary data isn't being transmitted. As, data sniffing isn't detectable on GREE's end.

Did A&F say that? I thought the ToS violation was Killshot posting Balthazar's profile downloaded from the data-sniffer. That was how I read it. I wish they would make a clear statement on the issue.

Stooboot
09-11-2013, 09:53 PM

score 0 points in ur first battle and stay as low ranked as u can. If the rewards are like mw no one will care about the top rewards

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Did A&F say that? I thought the ToS violation was Killshot posting Balthazar's profile downloaded from the data-sniffer. That was how I read it. I wish they would make a clear statement on the issue.

That's the way I interpreted it. Although, I did not see the profile info that was posted (A&F deleted b4 hand?). Even so, that in itself is rather indicative of the data-sniffing being a violation of the ToS.

Edit: Wish I could have seen his total gold spent & gold on-hand.. probably well into the millions spent. Probably over 100k on hand.

score 0 points in ur first battle and stay as low ranked as u can. If the rewards are like mw no one will care about the top rewards

Not a bad idea. I don't play MW or KA so this will be new to me. Thanks for the advice.

Edit: Although.. I've heard that there is a certain algorithm used which factors in a team's total Atk/Def. Which in turn, would make your suggested tactic a little less viable for a team that's usually T250 material

TMI
09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I didn't realize that ppl aren't playing MW :( my bad.

Here's what I know about the consecutive wins in MW. They'll have goals during wars. Like win 3 in a row and get a weapon. Win 5 in a row, and get another better weapon. Maybe even win 10 in a row, and get another even better weapon. Then there's the 'grand consecutive prize', win 53 battles (or something like that, it's right at the limit or just beyond the limit for non-gold users to get full energy between wars) and get that grand prize.
The grand prize has way more stats than any single prize for top whatever.

If anyone can give more details beyond this, that would be great. I only have fought in one faction in MW.

Can anyone give a guesstimation of around how good the prizes would be in CC when you compare it with MW?
Example, the 3 in a row would be maybe an explosive with stats around 600ish. The grand prize might be blah blah blah.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Also, I've heard/read the rewards will be for... 1-2-3-5-8-12-18-25-35-50 win streaks. (But maybe I just read that on here?)

Being addicted to one of these types of games is enough for me. Anything more and the GF would probably up and leave.

Back hand emus
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Also, I've heard the rewards will be for... 1-2-3-5-8-12-18-25-35-50 win streaks.

Being addicted to one of these types of games is enough for me. Anything more and the GF would probably up and leave.

So that's all it takes to get rid of her? Sign me up!

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 10:26 PM
So that's all it takes to get rid of her? Sign me up!

My right hand has never met you
Try again

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 10:48 PM
That's the way I interpreted it. Although, I did not see the profile info that was posted (A&F deleted b4 hand?). Even so, that in itself is rather indicative of the data-sniffing being a violation of the ToS.

Edit: Wish I could have seen his total gold spent & gold on-hand.. probably well into the millions spent. Probably over 100k on hand
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/0DD06979-1600-48F8-A6AE-C3A5C56A978D-2467-00000185AF09D5E1_zps8729a812.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/315CAE16-4717-47E7-A6A8-987F6902DD18-2467-0000018762EA313B_zpsdc9efa9f.jpg
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/D9309A41-781D-4DAD-A845-6A1DA876A564-2483-000001882BF5CD44_zps135ced54.jpg

There you go. Not quite as detailed as the profile that was posted but plenty of info nonetheless. And most of it publicly viewable to anyone who cares enough to look in my inventory.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Lifetime gold spent... not publicly viewable. Gold on hand, not publicly viewable (just under 6k? You need to re-up soon for the event this weekend!)

or is GREE just being slow with their gold bonus program?

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Those 3 items, which are publicly viewable, show that minimum lifetime gold is 1.2m.
That gold on hand isn't publicly viewable is irrelevant for the exact reason you spotted - I have about 5k on hand now, but most likely will spend more than that amount during the war. ;)
So it doesn't matter one little bit whether or my opponents know that or not.

(BF) Tuna
09-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I wasn't arguing that gold on hand was relevant this moment.. It's still good to know for those Sunday nights & Monday mornings though.. (Don't look at it from your perspective- Try maybe a T250 that's close to T150 & it is easy to see how that is good to know)

Also, key words, "not quite as detailed"...

Swedevil
09-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Those 3 items, which are publicly viewable, show that minimum lifetime gold is 1.2m.
That gold on hand isn't publicly viewable is irrelevant for the exact reason you spotted - I have about 5k on hand now, but most likely will spend more than that amount during the war. ;)
So it doesn't matter one little bit whether or my opponents know that or not.
Care to explain those three items? Not calling you out on anything, just don't remember any of those three items.

Vito Corleone
09-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Care to explain those three items? Not calling you out on anything, just don't remember any of those three items.Back in the days when we had the old bonus system, that was handled manually, if you then bought 100 vaults one month you could choose one item of your liking. Many, many players took the Blazing Monster with the 10% mafia attack. I also heard that you could get this from a 6 car scratcher before.

bald zeemer
09-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Exactly. More or less the only people with Blazing Monsters got them from the bonus program. And in the new bonus program prizes aren't chosen, and the ones awarded are named ~thusly~. So anybody willing to put in a little effort can easily see how many bonus program prizes somebody has.

Which all ties into my original point. There is no Gree conspiracy where they leak info to top teams. It's just that top teams have players willing and able to analyse the game to gain as much information as possible, and are able to utilise that information more effectively.

Butt Futter
09-12-2013, 03:33 AM

There's 60 losers in FC that disagree.

Nomisser
09-12-2013, 03:47 AM
[/QUOTE]Edit 2: Wondering what the "Coming Soon" is for in the *Donation* Tab?
Those are items that will be earned (similarly to bricks). They will be used for Syndicate Boss events. Not 100% sure on how they will be utilized but, I know further leaks will occur in the future & I hope I don't have to be privy to those too... I hope GREE just spells it out for us a few days in advance. (When the leaks would usually occur..)[/QUOTE]

In ka they were used to summon a boss. You have to do missions to find them and they had 10 different bosses with objectives that were defeat level 10 boss level 20 and so on. They only give you a certain amoun of time to best the boss. It's like a boss event but you choose what boss you fight and have to gain coins to choose them.

kingofwale
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
let me get this straight.. when the reward for Wins... we are talking about winning a battle as a team right? Not individual??

given that there is only 3 days to the war, that's around 65-70 possible battle you could win from.

(BF) Tuna
09-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Correct KoW

Bald, I have seen what the beta testers have leaked... You can't tell me its a conspiracy when I know for a fact that most high-end teams have beta tester friends.

Dipstik
09-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Exactly. More or less the only people with Blazing Monsters got them from the bonus program.

And cheaters. Don't forget cheaters.

mgriss
09-12-2013, 09:05 AM
How it works in MW:
2 goals. One for consecutive wins, one for total wins.

Consecutive: win 2 in a row, 3 in a row, 4 in a row, etc. all the way through 10 in a row.
-when people refer to the "win 54 in a row" this is what they're talking about. You don't actually have to go on a 54 battle winning streak. 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=54. Wins from previous goals don't count towards the next goal. The reward for this was a monster, the best unit in MW by far. 60k+ a/d air unit with 30% boost to air attack.

Total wins: win 2, win 5, win 10... not sure how they went, but there were 10 total and the last 3 were win 25, 35, and 50. Wins from previous goals DO count towards the next goal, so if you can win 50 total over the weekend, the unit is yours. The reward for this was also pretty sweet, I think 30k+ air unit with 30% boost to air defense.

The prizes #1-9 for both types of goals (consecutive and total wins) were also very very good, and it definitely makes sense to go for them. And if all a top 50-250 team does is save most of their gold for the toughest battles (rather than spend it on the best targets, regardless of your current margin of victory) you will get several of these prizes and most likely finish with the same overall rank.

The strategy: People talk about losing the first battle, and losing the battle immediately after a win-streak goal is accomplished, in order to ensure easier matchups, then winning by the smallest margin possible to continue getting the easiest matchups possible. While teams should definitely save their gold for battles that will be tougher to win, points earned and ranking have much less to do with matchups than more static factors like team size, player strength, player level, etc. While teams at either end of the spectrum (in the top 25, and 750+) might see a difference in matchups if they purposely (and significantly) lower or raise their ranks, respectively... most teams will not find this an effective strategy. If your team has demographics that tend to get it matched with stronger or weaker teams, that trend will continue.

I've heard of several teams top 250-750 who got the goals, and only two in the top 100 who got them. The #1 team (obviously), and another, somewhat secretive team who I believe was probably matched with top 250-750 teams (by nature of their size and demographics) who had several players dumping gold in the last 10 minutes of battles to ensure wins. One solo player was rumored to have gotten it lone-ranger style (minus tonto...)

Other teams in the top 1000-4000 have a much easier time, if they're prepared for it. If you have an LLP in a camper with 10-15 players all below lvl 20, you can add a few strong HLPs in different time zones, and win battles for less than a few thousand points. You'll find that some rivals won't even attack you at all. Unless a whole lot of other people try this strategy, you'll likely never run across a defense leader you can't take down with one shot. Lots of the teams you'll go up against might not even bother building hideouts, most will be low-level. Either way, the campers can take down the hideout for no XP gains, and they only gain 1 XP for each defensive win (which is very rare). Don't worry about trying to get them to take out the defense leader... he will probably be your best target, which also means that scouting isn't really required.

A few "mini death-squad" teams have been forming in MW since these came out, 12-20 super strong players from different time zones working in shifts. We'll see how that goes, it'll be interesting to see how faction size compares with overall strength in determining matchups. I think it's a pretty good strategy... it's unlikely they would get matched with better than top 250 teams (if that), and very, very few players in those tiers will be able to score points off of them.

People have commented that this will ruin these events, gree will lose money because teams will lower their WD ranking to get easier matchups... obviously I don't agree with that at all. While a few people will try the killer-camper or mini-death-squad methods and possibly succeed, the VAST majority of players will stick with the sure thing - earn points, get units. The additional emphasis on wins will only drive up scores, and will more than make up for the handful of players who will drastically change their strategy and *might* end up spending less gold.

My two cents...

kingofwale
09-12-2013, 09:24 AM
thanks for the explanation.

say if my team wins 5 wins in a row (Win 2 and win 3), that's 2 prizes.

and what if I lose battle #6. Do I have to win 9 more in a row to get the win 4 prize? (2+3+4 = 9)

Vito Corleone
09-12-2013, 09:31 AM

and what if I lose battle #6. Do I have to win 9 more in a row to get the win 4 prize? (2+3+4 = 9)No I suppose you have to win 4. If you lose 1 your count will be reseted. So if it was 0 it will still be 0.

Vito Corleone
09-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Let's hope this starts tomorrow...great news for FC!:D

mgriss
09-12-2013, 09:32 AM
No I suppose you have to win 4. If you lose 1 your count will be reseted. So if it was 0 it will still be 0.

correct.

Characters.

(BF) Tuna
09-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Thank you for your highly informative posts mgriss. This should be interesting

offline04
09-12-2013, 12:23 PM

and what if I lose battle #6. Do I have to win 9 more in a row to get the win 4 prize? (2+3+4 = 9)

according to explanation earlier, and as far as I understand it, you would get 4 prizes!
2 for 5 wins in a row
2 for consecutivev 5 wins - win 2 and 5

mgriss
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
according to explanation earlier, and as far as I understand it, you would get 4 prizes!
2 for 5 wins in a row
2 for consecutivev 5 wins - win 2 and 5

Also correct!! Almost... 1 unit each for win 2 total and win 5 total, 1 unit each for win 2 consecutive and win 3 consecutive.

See? It's not the end of the game as we know it. If anything, it might help narrow the gap between top 25 players and the rest of the community. The top 25 have a hell of a time getting consecutive wins...

offline04
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
lets play this scenario above.
for whatever reason syn doesn't win the 6, will both counters be set to 0? and syn would have to win 9 to get to consecutive 4?
one more: Syn wins then 9 in a row, and obviously passing 5(2 and3) wins, do I get the times( hell no), items again?

mgriss
09-12-2013, 12:48 PM
lets play this scenario above.
for whatever reason syn doesn't win the 6, will both counters be set to 0? and syn would have to win 9 to get to consecutive 4?
one more: Syn wins then 9 in a row, and obviously passing 5(2 and3) wins, do I get the times again?

1: No. The "win total" goals count total wins, regardless of streaks or losses. Whatever wins you have always count. As soon as you win 5 total, you get that unit. As soon as you win 10 total, you get that unit.

2: No. You win 2 in a row, you complete that goal and get a unit. Your "streak counter" starts over and you win 3 in a row, you complete that goal and get another unit. You do not get another unit for having gotten another 2 consecutive wins, since you already completed the 2 consecutive win goal.

Say you win 4 more after that, then lose the 5th (which would have gotten you the win-5 consecutive). Your counter (for the consecutive wins) starts over at zero. At this point, you've won 9 out of the 10 battles you've fought, so the good news is you're only one win from the "win 10 total" goal. The bad news is that you need to win 5 more consecutively to get the 5 consecutive wins goal.

ps- the consecutive goal prizes were much better than most of the win total and even rank goals. If I remember right, the win 7 consecutive had roughly the strength of a top 10 prize (although no boost).

mgriss
09-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Maybe this would be easier.
Very first battle, this is what your goals will say:

Win 2 total: 0/2
Win 2 consecutive: 0/2

You win.

Win 2 total: 1/2
Win 2 consecutive: 1/2

You win again. Woohoo!
Goals change, units awarded.
Now it looks like this:

Win 5 total: 2/5
Win 3 consecutive: 0/3

If you lose one right now, the goals remain 2/5 and 0/3

You win one more:

Win 5 total: 3/5
Win 3 consecutive: 1/3

Win again:

Win 5 total: 4/5
Win 3 consecutive: 2/3

Next battle, you get matched with Fight Club, but despite your best efforts, they narrowly prevail. If only you'd built that hideout one level higher... lol

Stooboot
09-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Also remember this is crime city without health regen not modern war so the goals will prob be significantly less prob around 35 wins and the final win streak goal at 7 or 8

Vile Lynn
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM

You want matches you can win but keeping your points 0 to low will not help. GREE matches by Syn size, avg stat & placement in the last war (usually) before matching with points...
With all due respect, ask MoC in KA, they got matched with the top 10 guilds way more than they would have liked AND they kept their points low. Didn't help. But then being Top 25 didn't help them stay away from the Top 10 guilds either. *shrug*

Better yet... go to the other forums and read up on the War LTQs.

The point is: make sure you have enough members online to win the match.

Rebels
09-12-2013, 01:38 PM
This will throw a spanner in the works for passive and defensive strategies :(

offline04
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe this would be easier.
Very first battle, this is what your goals will say:

Win 2 total: 0/2
Win 2 consecutive: 0/2

You win.

Win 2 total: 1/2
Win 2 consecutive: 1/2

You win again. Woohoo!
Goals change, units awarded.
Now it looks like this:

Win 5 total: 2/5

If you lose one right now, the goals remain 2/5 and 0/3

You win one more:

Win 5 total: 3/5
Win 3 consecutive: 1/3

Win again:

Win 3 consecutive: 2/3

Next battle, you get matched with Fight Club, but despite your best efforts, they narrowly prevail. If only you'd built that hideout one level higher... lol

thanks, got it.

BigMoney
09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
See? It's not the end of the game as we know it. If anything, it might close the gap between top 25 players and the rest of the community. The top 25 have a hell of a time getting consecutive wins...

That makes sense. Why should players who have spent multiple vaults every war in a top 25 syndicate be rewarded with better stats than the rest of the CC community? That's not fair to all the people who don't spend gold.

TMI
09-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Also, I've heard/read the rewards will be for... 1-2-3-5-8-12-18-25-35-50 win streaks. (But maybe I just read that on here?)

ps- the consecutive goal prizes were much better than most of the win total and even rank goals. If I remember right, the win 7 consecutive had roughly the strength of a top 10 prize (although no boost).

How it works in MW:
2 goals. One for consecutive wins, one for total wins.

Consecutive: win 2 in a row, 3 in a row, 4 in a row, etc. all the way through 10 in a row.
-when people refer to the "win 54 in a row" this is what they're talking about. You don't actually have to go on a 54 battle winning streak. 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=54. Wins from previous goals don't count towards the next goal. The reward for this was a monster, the best unit in MW by far. 60k+ a/d air unit with 30% boost to air attack.

Total wins: win 2, win 5, win 10... not sure how they went, but there were 10 total and the last 3 were win 25, 35, and 50. Wins from previous goals DO count towards the next goal, so if you can win 50 total over the weekend, the unit is yours. The reward for this was also pretty sweet, I think 30k+ air unit with 30% boost to air defense.

The prizes #1-9 for both types of goals (consecutive and total wins) were also very very good, and it definitely makes sense to go for them. And if all a top 50-250 team does is save most of their gold for the toughest battles (rather than spend it on the best targets, regardless of your current margin of victory) you will get several of these prizes and most likely finish with the same overall rank.

Thank you all so much for your help/input. It's nice that we have a forum where we can try to piece together information.

In summary so far:
1-2-3-5-8-12-18-25-35-50 win streaks
and getting to around 8 consecutive is like Top10 prize without the modifier, which in this CC war is the Weenie Roaster 13640/7345! It would be nice to get a prize similar to that without having to make it into top10!

edit: seems like that max consecutive wins that a non-gold synd can do is maybe 25 or 35 if they're going every 1.5 hours?

Also some great strategies posted. Thanks :)

mgriss
09-13-2013, 08:06 AM
That makes sense. Why should players who have spent multiple vaults every war in a top 25 syndicate be rewarded with better stats than the rest of the CC community? That's not fair to all the people who don't spend gold.

But isn't the gap getting close to being so wide it's not fun anymore? Don't I hear people complaining about the lack of adequate PVP targets? Fear not... if you spend gold, you'll always be stronger.

BigMoney
09-13-2013, 08:13 AM
But isn't the gap getting close to being so wide it's not fun anymore? Don't I hear people complaining about the lack of adequate PVP targets? Fear not... if you spend gold, you'll always be stronger.

It's ridiculous to argue for parity in a game where some spend thousands more than others.

mgriss
09-13-2013, 08:22 AM
It's ridiculous to argue for parity in a game where some spend thousands more than others.

Not arguing for parity, just saying the game might get boring if every gold player had 7-figure a/d and every free player had 5-figure a/d. Gree needs to keep it closer than that to keep the game going.

BigMoney
09-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Not arguing for parity, just saying the game might get boring if every gold player had 7-figure a/d and every free player had 5-figure a/d. Gree needs to keep it closer than that to keep the game going.

I don't see why free players need to be able to attack/rob high spending gold players. If they can do that, then what's the point of spending gold in the first place?

mgriss
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
I don't see why free players need to be able to attack/rob high spending gold players. If they can do that, then what's the point of spending gold in the first place?

Ok, never said that. They can't now, and they shouldn't ever be able to. But on the flip-side, they need to be somewhere that makes the game interesting and keeps people playing. That is all.

Over and out.

GQNammmer
09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Jokes on you guys! I got my blazing monster truck with a free scratcher.

budman68
09-13-2013, 09:42 AM
If Gree is changing the battles, how come hey don't have the courtesy to let everyone know before today?! And still not yet😡

Mr T Perfect
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Our battle just started and no trace of an sltq. so i guess the update is not this war

sister morphine
09-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Why ever shouldn't an active & dedicated free player not be able to attack or rob some gold users? (not all of course, or even a majority of them) It used to happen back in the day, and was a good reminder that spending some cash didn't make you immune.

To think otherwise is like saying people with money to burn are somehow better human beings than those who don't (or choose not to)

BigMoney
09-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Why ever shouldn't an active & dedicated free player not be able to attack or rob some gold users? (not all of course, or even a majority of them) It used to happen back in the day, and was a good reminder that spending some cash didn't make you immune.

To think otherwise is like saying people with money to burn are somehow better human beings than those who don't (or choose not to)

No, that doesn't follow logically at all. Keep in mind "by spending some cash" I'm literally referring to thousands of dollars per month (or every few months). Some players have already spent ridiculous amounts of gold, and I can think of no bigger "F- you" than for GREE to effectively neuter those stats by allowing free players to achieve similar stats. I can't even tell you the last event I didn't do to completion, if you exclude Collect20s which I stopped wasting gold on-- how can you possibly be more "active" and "dedicated" than that? And what is so special about a player who decides to abuse/game the matching system for absurd rewards? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If a free player can have almost equitable stats to a heavy gold player, then there is literally no point in spending gold whatsoever.

sister morphine
09-13-2013, 02:03 PM
No, that doesn't follow logically at all. Keep in mind "by spending some cash" I'm literally referring to thousands of dollars per month (or every few months). Some players have already spent ridiculous amounts of gold, and I can think of no bigger "F- you" than for GREE to effectively neuter those stats by allowing free players to achieve similar stats. I can't even tell you the last event I didn't do to completion, if you exclude Collect20s which I stopped wasting gold on-- how can you possibly be more "active" and "dedicated" than that? And what is so special about a player who decides to abuse/game the matching system for absurd rewards? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If a free player can have almost equitable stats to a heavy gold player, then there is literally no point in spending gold whatsoever.
Fair enough. I was talking about the time when the number of players consistently spending "thousands of dollars per month" could probably be counted on the fingers of two hands.

The other side of your coin of course, is because Gree make it not just exceedingly difficult but completely impossible for a free player to even think about meaningful success in all events but collect 10s, bosses (dependant on level and stats) and for the moment the SLTQ but we'll see how that one pans out, that's also a gigantic F... you! When LTQs began here it was just about possible to reach halfway playing free. Now that's pretty much impossible, and I usually stop a day or two before the end because the last rounds I could do are rewarded with cash or respect only.

I'm not sure what you mean by the comment about abuse/game the matching system?

BigMoney
09-13-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the comment about abuse/game the matching system?

I was still operating on the assumption that GREE was going to implement win streaks at some point. I don't want to get into specifics, but the right player(s) could easily put together an impressive win streak with little to no gold. It wouldn't be difficult at all to do it with a free camper account with large stats, for instance (because they are the camper of a top player who had their HLP do the synLTQ for them, etc).

And I see your point that it's impossible for a free player to finish the Elite mode of an LTQ (normal mode can almost always be finished easily for free with prehits), you can't collect-20, you can't finish 14/14 of the PvP fight goals, etc, but I'm fairly sure GREE specifically designed their prize to almost always require gold to get over the final hump.

I'm veering off topic here, but the main reason I oppose wins/win streak goals is that it unfairly punishes syndicates like mine-- DFA/Top 25. Say the average DFA player has 1mil/1mil stats (I don't know what it is exactly, but this sounds reasonable). This is above average for a Top 25, and thus we match Top 3 and Top 10 teams far, far more frequently. The matchups so far have been OGK (win), FC2 (loss), and currently SAS (huge loss). Compare that to a team like, say, the GoTTis, whose weak stats (500k-600k average) frequently matches them Top 75-100 teams or whoever the hell has stats that low, I have no idea. The way I see it, you're better off on a weaker team or a team with weak stats, as it will net you matchups below your ranking far more frequently.

Thus, the correct move if I cared solely about stats (I don't, otherwise I'd have left for a top syndicate long ago), would be to move to a different, much lower syndicate, where I could dominate. I wouldn't need to spend much gold, because how many players in Top 500-1000 teams can hit me? And the amount of gold I'd need to spend to ensure I won every battle would be a pittance compared to what I spend now.

Edit: and if you're a Top 500-1000 syndicate, what would be far more annoying than matching up a syndicate I was in would be to match up with a syndicate of campers I made, because I used this account to complete the synLTQ for them, etc. Not only would they be a syndicate with monster stats at a low level, the players that would be high enough to hit them would get almost no points for doing so, whereas my camper accounts would get max points fairly easily.

bald zeemer
09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
To add a bit of solid evidence to BM's accurate theoretical analysis, I ran a team that went the entire war without losing a single fight, let alone a battle. I could've won every battle I had in that war by using nothing but free hits.

mgriss
09-13-2013, 08:06 PM
I dunno. Maybe they won't come to CC anytime soon because what you say is true. But top 10 teams in MW are nearing 2mil stat averages (top 5 are nearly 3mil now), while top 50 teams still only require min 500k. Top 250 require 200k, 500 require 75k-ish. What happens when the top 25 can only recruit from the top 25, unless a player spends thousands on LE sets? The game dies. The gap simply can not be that large and stay sustainable.

BS- like I said, in the top 100, only one faction (besides #1) got all the goals. My guess is that they were really a top 250-500 team that dumped a ton of gold for all their wins, and good for them. And most likely, few of them still have the stats to fight top 25.

The rest of the top 25-100 got better rewards from this than the top 2-25, but definitely nowhere near enough to keep up 1:1 with boosts and everything. Hopefully they got just enough so the gap didn't widen further, and if they choose to up their spending, they can get a spot in a top team. They'll still most likely get their a$5 kicked first round, but at least they can make the minimum, play in the big game, see the big lights. If they stick with it, maybe they can kick some a$5 after a while. Nobody who's spent thousands is in any (ANY) danger of getting whooped by anyone who, through skill, luck, or any strategy, received all of those rewards.

The added stats that a top 25-100 team gets for achieving win 6-7 streaks and win 35 total are not enough to make up ground on top 25 teams. Win 6-7 and win 35 are about all any team can reasonably achieve, and if they do better (with MAYBE 1 or 2 exceptions) then those units are 1: going to cost them a lot of gold and/or 2: never going to make up for spending thousands and receiving loads of bonuses over time in a top 25.

If things are different here, maybe that's why we're not seeing these goals.

BZ- I can imagine a couple scenarios where that is possible, but I can say that if you pulled that off in MW without anyone spending significant gold (or benefiting from others' significant gold spending), then you guys deserve each and every one of those rewards. You would definitely stand alone in that accomplishment.

bald zeemer
09-13-2013, 08:19 PM
BZ- I can imagine a couple scenarios where that is possible, but I can say that if you pulled that off in MW without anyone spending significant gold (or benefiting from others' significant gold spending), then you guys deserve each and every one of those rewards. You would definitely stand alone in that accomplishment.

Yes, mine was a very extreme example (2 players, 800k and 1m defense, back when the average in the t10 was around 4-500k). More a proof-of-concept. If the most extreme set up can do it for free, then a similar but less extreme set up could do it quite cheaply (ie, free-hit when they can, have gold to pile on points if someone tries to actually win a battle). And if this catches on the teams that will be gutted will be 11-50, who have the players who could do it and have less to lose from war prizes.

mgriss
09-13-2013, 08:37 PM
And if this catches on the teams that will be gutted will be 11-50, who have the players who could do it and have less to lose from war prizes.

But they'll lose out on EVERY bonus that the top 25-1000 gets, not to mention sLTQ prizes. They might keep up with all those rewards, but two players battling nearly every hour over 3 days, who have almost certainly already spent a ton of gold on those stats, deserve to keep up IMO.

Most importantly, most players don't have the balls to go for it. Teams aren't getting gutted in MW right now because of these goals.

Gree isn't going to roll out with giant changes that make it unnecessary to spend gold. If these won't encourage gold spending in CC, you'll never see them in CC. End of story.

sister morphine
09-13-2013, 10:13 PM
To add a bit of solid evidence to BM's accurate theoretical analysis, I ran a team that went the entire war without losing a single fight, let alone a battle. I could've won every battle I had in that war by using nothing but free hits.
As did I (with much lower stats than yours), and using pretty much nothing but free hits - the only times I did use the tiny amount of gold I had (a bit over 100 bars per account from memory) was if I hit walls. Also there were two of you on that team so you could have split the work if so inclined.

If I chose to repeat that exercise, and came through with the 50+ wins necessary on my own, would that not count as being active and dedicated just as much as any big gold spender? Monday is not a great day for wars due to time constraints from having to work, so I'd need to go every hour across the weekend - and probably allow myself no more than three hits per account each battle to ensure my ammo didn't run dry. Would I be unworthy of the prizes?