PDA

View Full Version : PSA Regarding the energy glitches (including the wifi hack)

mxz
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
These are cheating. You're no better than the time glitchers, Ian, Soloman, or Mrs. DD if you use them.
That is all.

This message was sponsored by Morals By Dipstik Inc.

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Should be obvious, but then, I didn't know McDonalds coffee was hot until I spilled it on my self.

dr007
09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Dip, you are sick. Use the sticky thing to stir. :p

MattThomas08
09-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Dip, you are sick. Use the sticky thing to stir. :p

There's a reason they call him Dipstik...

Antheus
09-11-2013, 10:49 AM
.....yeah.....

dr007
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
How about you check the oil in my car Dip?

Gunflame
09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm always out of the loop on this cheating business, but it is definitely something that is ingrained within the game. Aside from attacking a few people and then going, "Huh? I loss to you?" I don't think cheating has affected me that much. It would be nice if Gree was more communicative with us regarding these issues, but oh well. I may lose out on some unfortunately gameplay experiences, but I wonder how people who spend money feel about cheaters. >.>

Triga Treat
09-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I and many others don't agree with this. If "hypothetically" going to the map Club District and hitting Tattoo Parlor twice and Adult Store twice causes me to get "extra energy" then this is not cheating. This is clearly something that was put in the game by the programmers and is therefor "fair game".

If GREE doesn't want us to do this, then it is their job to remove this Easter egg. I see no problems with doing that as it can be done with normal game play. It is not altering the code/data of the game in any way and it is not mucking with the clock or internal settings of my device.

Good luck trying to ban players that do this. Apple will have a field day on Gree if they start trying to ban paying players because they "TAP TAP TAP TAP" in the wrong order.

-Triga

These are cheating. You're no better than the time glitchers, Ian, Soloman, or Mrs. DD if you use them.
That is all.

This message was sponsored by Morals By Dipstik Inc.

AK-47
09-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Do you guys want to know how I check my wife's temperature when she's not feeling well?

eww... in the ear?
A little bit of that side door action *giggity* :p

Butt Futter
09-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I and many others don't agree with this. If "hypothetically" going to the map Club District and hitting Tattoo Parlor twice and Adult Store twice causes me to get "extra energy" then this is not cheating. This is clearly something that was put in the game by the programmers and is therefor "fair game".

If GREE doesn't want us to do this, then it is their job to remove this Easter egg. I see no problems with doing that as it can be done with normal game play. It is not altering the code/data of the game in any way and it is not mucking with the clock or internal settings of my device.

Good luck trying to ban players that do this. Apple will have a field day on Gree if they start trying to ban paying players because they "TAP TAP TAP TAP" in the wrong order.

-Triga

Does that actually work? lol How much energy does it give you?

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 11:24 AM
<TL;DR attempt to justify cheating>

-Triga

Yeah... big surprise there. Any cheat you DON'T advocate?

Swedevil
09-11-2013, 11:26 AM

-Triga

It doesn't matter what it is, you seem to think everything that is unethical is ok to do. Have fun in life with that thinking. You may want to get to know Dipstick really well, you'll be using him and his colleagues in the future...

Triga Treat
09-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Swedevil, we have a difference of opinion here. I don't believe it is in anyway unethical to use. If GREE didn't want us to use it, then they shouldn't have coded it into the game.

If you are going to be mad at anyone, then you should be mad at GREE for coding it in.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

-Triga

It doesn't matter what it is, you seem to think everything that is unethical is ok to do. Have fun in life with that thinking. You may want to get to know Dipstick really well, you'll be using him and his colleagues in the future...

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Swedevil, we have a difference of opinion here. I don't believe it is in anyway unethical to use. If GREE didn't want us to use it, then they shouldn't have coded it into the game.

If you are going to be mad at anyone, then you should be mad at GREE for coding it in.

-Triga

No... in this case it's perfectly acceptable to hate the player. The player is cheating and trying to rationalize it. Have you noticed there's a theme regarding the topics of conversation you choose to involve yourself in?

Triga Treat
09-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Butt, No. That specific example of TAPS that I gave probably won't get you extra energy. I didn't reveal that true sequence of TAPS needed. It took a long time to figure out the real combination and it is GREE's job to correct it if they don't want us using it.

Does that actually work? lol How much energy does it give you?

Swedevil
09-11-2013, 11:41 AM

-Triga

Turning your connection off is not a CODE error. It is bypassing the lines of communication and effecting your game plan by outside means. If it was a secret about, hit Carmen once, then rob a laundry mat, then junkyard visit and a tap tap here in some crazy order, then that'd be something they coded in - similar to the way you unlock some things in old school Mario games. However, this isn't the same. This is you deliberately ending the connection and communication with the servers in an attempt to fool them for your benefit. If I'm not mistaken, hacking is done in much a similar fashion where you have to end your connection to Gree's servers before doing anything...

TigrisCauda
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Butt, No. That specific example of TAPS that I gave probably won't get you extra energy. I didn't reveal that true sequence of TAPS needed. It took a long time to figure out the real combination and it is GREE's job to correct it if they don't want us using it.

Smh, wow. I'd love to live in your delusion.

Triga Treat
09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Swedevil, I never turned off the wifi on my Iphone. The extra energy easter egg I mentioned really is just "tap tap here in some crazy order".

-Triga

Turning your connection off is not a CODE error. It is bypassing the lines of communication and effecting your game plan by outside means. If it was a secret about, hit Carmen once, then rob a laundry mat, then junkyard visit and a tap tap here in some crazy order, then that'd be something they coded in - similar to the way you unlock some things in old school Mario games. However, this isn't the same. This is you deliberately ending the connection and communication with the servers in an attempt to fool them for your benefit. If I'm not mistaken, hacking is done in much a similar fashion where you have to end your connection to Gree's servers before doing anything...

Sirius
09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Alright folks,

Closing this thread and bringing it up to our teams now.

/closed