PDA

View Full Version : Cascading A/D goals and mafia size goals... a camper question

mgriss
09-11-2013, 09:17 AM
I started the last collect 10 event at level 13, and ended it at level 18.

I believe this is because I fat-fingered the "attack" button when going to rob some laundromats to collect the briefcases, and completing the "defeat 1 rival" goal unlocked a cascade of "obtain XX mafia attack/defense" and "reach a mafia size of XX" goals, which I then completed simultaneously, and continued to complete throughout the remainder of the event.

My question is, anyone know of a guide that lists these goals in order and the XP that comes from them?

I ask because my next goal is to obtain 300 mafia, and I worry that there's other goals in there like "expand X# of times" or "build X# of buildings" that, along with the A/D goals, will catapult me above level 25 when I go to purchase my first night club in a few weeks (requires 300 mafia).

So far my only idea to deal with this is to coincide my obtaining 300 mafia for the night club with the start of a boss event, so that I'll still be in tier 1 in the event those goals do put me above lvl 25. However, I'd really rather continue camping for a while and remain in tier 1.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

cubic
09-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I donīt know any guides that holds the information you are looking for, but I got a few tips for you.

First of all, you can only use 5 maffiamembers for each charachter lvl you are... at lvl 20, you can use at most 100 maffia members, at lvl 50 youīll use 250 maffia at most. So as soon as you hit the 300, just stop there, it will hold you for max for a while, well, do the math ;).

FOr the other goals, just donīt do them, dont build that gun turret, donīt fight and robb 10 of eaxh. If you have to fight, then try to find someone who can break the chain of consecutive fights so you do not complete the goal.

And just get 1 bag/ briefcase/ whatever item at the time, donīt go and stack them up, you will most likelly end up with more than you need = more exp.

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 09:33 AM
My advice? Stop camping. Try playing the game... you might like it.

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I believe he's referring to the various mafia attack and defense goals, which were set in the early days and max out in the low 30ks, hence would be triggered by any halfway decent camper well before their NC was due to be built.

I know for a fact that the list exists with the goal paths, but for the life of me can't remember where it's linked. I'd suggest going through the 'best of the best' guides, or searching for the 2 weapons given for the mafia attack and defense goals (golden something or other for each).

mgriss
09-11-2013, 09:39 AM

lol... I'm a modern war junkie already, that'd be like adding heroin to your crack addiction. Just having a little fun with this account, seeing how baller I can get for free ;)

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Maybe a heroine would save you from your crack addiction?

Or at least make an entertaining attempt?

mgriss
09-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Lol... noticed that right as you posted, baldy. Correction made.

Butt Futter
09-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Wait, heroin helps crack addiction? Where do I sign up?

mgriss
09-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks, I did a brief search of those guides but hadn't thought of running a search for the items. Good to know they stop around 30k. I'll probably end up adding the mafia to buy my NC at the start of a boss event just in case, then dump mafia to a point where I can still get tier 1 boss for free without adding enough A/D to complete any more goals (I believe tier 1 boss 50 requires around 15k atk... but I'll double-check).

Legen...dary
09-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I've started a couple accounts to try to make a list of things to NEVER do for my L5 new guys back a few months when Bosses would get you better stats than anything else. I never could figure out exactly which goals trigger other goals because there always seemed to be that cascade waiting for me. Dippy's right. Just play and do your best to minimize XP if you really feel like semi-camping. Hard-core camping will just set you back, these days. If you're really stressing to get that first boss tier 50x more than once, well, it's gonna take a few cycles sitting in a decent syndicate and rationing your mafia additions and attacks to the point where the game is a tedious bore... fear of shooting ahead with every action you take. Just play.

nopenopenope
09-11-2013, 03:43 PM
While it isn't a guide on this forum, a list of these goals can be found if you're on iOS...

In the Game Center app, select CC under the games section. Almost all story goals are listed.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-11-2013, 05:14 PM
While it isn't a guide on this forum, a list of these goals can be found if you're on iOS...

In the Game Center app, select CC under the games section. Almost all story goals are listed.

Seem to be completely different to me.

I'm dreading going past 330 mafia... There's got to be at least 1k XP waiting for me.

I've managed to pause the thug life/etc goals at winning steak round 4. I just make sure I lose one attack every 10 (only attack during syn battles so don't need to worry bout leaving link or finding someone I'm sure to lose against).

Idiosyncrasy
09-11-2013, 11:04 PM
To quote a Gree engineer:

We actually have some algorithm changes in the works for down the road that will make camping a less attractive strategy. We're not fans of it either - it's counterintuative and a strange way to play a game.

That was posted in KA a couple months ago. I have a feeling they're only getting started in CC.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-12-2013, 05:51 AM
The game itself has absolutely no purpose or higher goal (for the players), so the only thing that is counter-intuitive is why anyone would bother wasting time or money on it.

So, we all need to choose our own goals and purpose for playing. I play to increase my IPH. To do that, I need cash. To get cash, I need to collect my buildings. To collect my buildings, I need to not get robbed. To not get robbed, I need to be stronger than the people who can visit my hood. And here's the kicker--the more XP I get, the stronger my rivals become. So the way forward is obvious--maximize stat gain by minimizing XP.

It would be counter-intuitive for me not to camp.

Funny part is I would gladly spend gold to increase my stats, but I can't because every damn event tacks on so much XP!

I do like the LTQs and other high XP events though, because it causes my rivals to level past me since they can't avoid the temptation.

mgriss
09-12-2013, 06:19 AM
I do like the LTQs and other high XP events though, because it causes my rivals to level past me since they can't avoid the temptation.

Yup, me too! I do like bosses though, and once you're strong enough to fight for free in the top 100ish tier, syn battles become worth the xp too, and have the added benefit of bonuses. I'm strong enough to beat the tier 1 boss already, but I'll have to get much stronger to fight in the top 100. Before either of that happens, I want to purchase and upgrade a couple nightclubs, so I can start buying and upgrading LE buildings right off the bat, too.

Someone mentioned earlier that you'll fall behind if you don't participate... but with stat inflation, isn't the opposite more true? The longer you hold out, the stronger you'll be comparatively? Maybe not if you're trying to fight in a top 25 syn, but if Gree made it impossible to do well as a new player, they'd lose a lot of future revenue. And I am going to OWN new players!

Max Power
09-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Hard-core camping will just set you back, these days. If you're really stressing to get that first boss tier 50x more than once, well, it's gonna take a few cycles sitting in a decent syndicate and rationing your mafia additions and attacks to the point where the game is a tedious bore... fear of shooting ahead with every action you take. Just play.

Different people play for different reasons, most campers have it as a 2nd or 3rd account, so boredom isn't a factor. Usually not spending money is.

To quote a Gree engineer:

That was posted in KA a couple months ago. I have a feeling they're only getting started in CC.

Of course a Gree employee would consider camping strange, campers don't spend money. And they are the ones that engineered this game so that if you don't camp, you have to spend to be competitive. I take most of what Gree employees say with a grain of salt.

warrends
09-12-2013, 07:48 AM
mgriss: This is a great question. I've been wondering exactly the same thing. I've avoided the first missions completely: No metal bench. No raiding the mini-mart (or whatever it is). And no attacking one rival.

I have 120+ mafia. I wanted to unlock the Movie Theater and Loft. My son began at the same time I did and accidentally attacked someone. So I know that the next mission is XX allies, to be followed by YY allies, and so on. The cascade you spoke of. But I found a great syndicate which will allow us to both camp for another month and grow our stats. We're both level 14 with about 25K/25K or so. Not bad for only having been playing for several weeks. When the next boss event comes, after the war this weekend which will net us even better stats, we'll both break out and get to boss 50 with ease. Somewhere in the Best of the Best guides it says that boss 50 in tier 1 requires about 12K attack for the 13 hits. And remember that's without syndicate bonuses. So we're both well on our way.

I've been playing MW for over a year. I unfortunately learned all the bad stuff there, and am still digging myself out of that hole (but doing well --- in the last few months I've only leveled up 5 times to 150 but I've actually doubled my A/D to around 430K/505K. So I have learned the hard way in MW, and now applying that in KA and CC.

A "camping" start is a must in these games. But that doesn't mean that you have to or should continue that way. For the first couple of months, yes. You have to grow your IPH and your stats appropriately. Otherwise you'll be like I was in MW long ago: level 80 at 20K/20K. That sucked.

Learn from your mistakes. And from others'.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Someone mentioned earlier that you'll fall behind if you don't participate... but with stat inflation, isn't the opposite more true? The longer you hold out, the stronger you'll be comparatively? Maybe not if you're trying to fight in a top 25 syn, but if Gree made it impossible to do well as a new player, they'd lose a lot of future revenue. And I am going to OWN new players!

Agree 100%. You should see my MW account, I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it. Level 3 with 1 mafia, all good available buildings level 10, and like 140M in the bank. Wish I could buy a LTB but they changed the min level to 20 just before I would have been able to buy my first one :(

What's the benefit of having high stats when you just get whooped all day anyway?

I ain't playing to lose, here.

I do keep my stats up for syndicate battles though where you do need absolute stats.

Stooboot
09-12-2013, 10:13 AM

My advice. Dont take advice from ppl who watch shows with animated ponies in them

candyson
09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I've been playing for just over 6 months, I am able to compete in the top 100/150 brackets as a level 55 free player.
Without stat inflation, I would have much worse stats than now as I've tripled my stats from level 45 to 55 because of the better boss rewards, the syndicate LTQ, and all the syndicate war rewards.