PDA

View Full Version : Wanna know the secret about 20% discount at WD? Read.

DanL
09-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I assume more people know this than I think, but I want to bring it to the light. During non-WD events to refill your health gauge costs 20 gold/medpak. During War it's 25 gold/medpak. That is a 25% increase in gold required (sorry I know you can do the math, but just stating) compared to a discount of 20%. So technically Gree is making 5% more profit for their "discount" program during WD. I don't know about you, but that's just some b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.

I know I'll catch flak from people stating, "Who cares" but honestly ou should. You're getting jacked, my friends. Another reason to stop feeding the Gree in Greed. ^.^

shaman01
09-10-2013, 11:58 PM
who cares.

DanL
09-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Heh, I knew you'd say that.

carl9764
09-11-2013, 01:04 AM
I see your point Dan but we have to live with it my friend

DanL
09-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Sadly yes. People won't complain to Gree about it. Best way to revolt is to not buy gold, but some people think they NEED to win despite cost. To me it's $60 for a picture or $60 for a new title game such as the new Batman game. Think I'll take Door #2.

Katyusha
09-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Gree is a company like any other when it comes to money and profits. Take the maximum and give the less possible.

This is a Highly competitive game and they (Gree) take advantage of it. Is it right or wrong? Depends where you stand (player or employee) and the kind of game strategy you decide to choose. No one is forced to buy gold but let's be honest here... the game is built and managed in a certain way that success and power is only acheivable through either gold or over an endless period of time. They know they will always have players ready to pay ridiculous prices to get a little advantage over others. I think you get what i'm trying to state here. I won't go in details.

Didn't take long for me to understand that Modern War is a ''pay-to-win'' kind of game. Until recently, I used to buy some gold. 110CAD$ every month. This was my own personnal choice. But here's the reason why I won't buy Gold anymore...

1. They ask to pay WAY too much for what the Gold is worth. Many games do, but Gree could win a Guiness Record;
2. You help there company buy purchasing gold but when you ask for your old account, they tell you they can't do that for now (is it so much to ask? How hard it is to give back an account?);
3. You here about some employees giving out some bonuses (gold, units, pts) to their fellow faction members (this is a highly competitive game...Show some respect to factions and players who try hard to step up in ranks and inderectly pay for your salaries!);
4. They release updates that corrects a specific problem but creates another. We could take the last update for example; During last WD event, basic math in PVP's wasn't even respected. I would attack someone with around 60k lower than my own stats and still loose. Come on...WTF GREE!

Alright, enough whining. I think we all agree... Gree IS Greedy. But I still love this game and the faction I'm in. It gave me the opportunity to build freindship around the world and to know more about different cultures. It's a wonderful game with a great concept. Gree can't please all their customers and I understand that. I just wanted to share my opinion.

Thank you and have a nice day to all of you out there (Gree staff included :o)

Katyusha

K4H
09-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Hey DanL are you talking about. The Arkham Origins, Batman game? Those games are great and I can't wait to play it! I use a game rental service and already have it pre-ordered. Now on the topic of GREE, gold is extremely over priced and gets very expensive during WD especially. For a while I was completing all of the LTQs and was part of a top ranked faction. I recently stepped down because costs were getting to high. Luckily for me the WD LTQs were introduced and I can earn greater than top 10 prizes for much less $$$. I have begun to camp much more and focus on IPH, boss, and war. With the great units you get from upgrading LE buildings, WD LTQS, and soon to be faction LTQS. There is a lot of ways a free player can gain enormous stats :)

Thief
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I assume more people know this than I think, but I want to bring it to the light. During non-WD events to refill your health gauge costs 20 gold/medpak. During War it's 25 gold/medpak. That is a 25% increase in gold required (sorry I know you can do the math, but just stating) compared to a discount of 20%. So technically Gree is making 5% more profit for their "discount" program during WD. I don't know about you, but that's just some b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.

I know I'll catch flak from people stating, "Who cares" but honestly ou should. You're getting jacked, my friends. Another reason to stop feeding the Gree in Greed. ^.^

Different Events Cost Different Amounts of Money:
LTQ- Attack goals-10 Gold for a Stamina Refill
Crate and Auction Events-15 gold (for reset or Garunteed open) or does that make it 30 gold? (tricky tricky)
LTQ Events-20 Gold for energy refill
Boss Events-20 Gold for a medpack or 20 gold for a gold hit (Wait so the gold hit is same price? Nope they are not in fact one gives you 5x hits if timmed and one gives you 4x the amount of a regular hit.
WD events-25 gold for a medpack

Guess what everyone gets too choose what they spend their gold on and on what events. Your stating that they offer gold sale during the event which i still don't think is a factor. Remember people are going to spend what they can regardless. If anything by making it more expensive they are trying to help out Free players by making active ones more valuable to a specific tier of factions

Now how would this make it for interesting? You had to pay cash to attack your targets like the boss events? Making everyone over vault and forcing them to keep attacking. The more successful attacks you have the more expensive it gets to attack players (just like the boss?) That would make an interesting turn of events for sure.

DanL
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
True, Thief. There are a number of ways to spend gold and a lot are different. However the one I have in question is the health bar. It is raised in price for WD by 25% compared to the Boss event health medpak. It is the only one that's changed out of everything else. Stamina costs the same even with a PvP event. I would imagine they'd do the same thing if it obtained as much popularity as WD events.

As always though this was just an observation. Doesn't hurt to inquire Gree about some shifty tactics. Also, to who wrote that all companies do it. No, listing Steam as an example they have sales regularly on new games at discounted price. It does not in fact hurt the consumer in any means like Gree does. Raising the price by 25% and discounting 20% still raised your premium.

Yes I will be buying the new Batman game, my friend who asked. ^_^

jorge54
09-11-2013, 11:14 AM
But dan you forgot one other key factor, you can attack the boss 5 times with one med-pack, because you can still attack with 1 point of health, but you have to have a full 25 points to attack in WD. So that is a 25% decrease in effectiveness. So Gree really is jacking up the (real) rates 30%.

Sorry for being critical, I really think it is just different rates for different events as thief pointed out above.

MagnusDux
09-11-2013, 11:41 AM
You thieving genius! Yup, then those who have like $40M iph could keep tapping effortless, but... Never gonna happen as how tha heck greed making moneys then eh? ^_*

Different Events Cost Different Amounts of Money:
LTQ- Attack goals-10 Gold for a Stamina Refill
Crate and Auction Events-15 gold (for reset or Garunteed open) or does that make it 30 gold? (tricky tricky)
LTQ Events-20 Gold for energy refill
Boss Events-20 Gold for a medpack or 20 gold for a gold hit (Wait so the gold hit is same price? Nope they are not in fact one gives you 5x hits if timmed and one gives you 4x the amount of a regular hit.
WD events-25 gold for a medpack

Guess what everyone gets too choose what they spend their gold on and on what events. Your stating that they offer gold sale during the event which i still don't think is a factor. Remember people are going to spend what they can regardless. If anything by making it more expensive they are trying to help out Free players by making active ones more valuable to a specific tier of factions

Now how would this make it for interesting? You had to pay cash to attack your targets like the boss events? Making everyone over vault and forcing them to keep attacking. The more successful attacks you have the more expensive it gets to attack players (just like the boss?) That would make an interesting turn of events for sure.

Kefa
09-11-2013, 12:06 PM
True, Thief. There are a number of ways to spend gold and a lot are different. However the one I have in question is the health bar. It is raised in price for WD by 25% compared to the Boss event health medpak. It is the only one that's changed out of everything else. Stamina costs the same even with a PvP event. I would imagine they'd do the same thing if it obtained as much popularity as WD events.

As always though this was just an observation. Doesn't hurt to inquire Gree about some shifty tactics. Also, to who wrote that all companies do it. No, listing Steam as an example they have sales regularly on new games at discounted price. It does not in fact hurt the consumer in any means like Gree does. Raising the price by 25% and discounting 20% still raised your premium.

Yes I will be buying the new Batman game, my friend who asked. ^_^

I do wish it was all free, and I will never dump thou$ands into a game like this. Even though I don't judge those who do in the least, I don't know if I ever will understand it. However, for sake of your argument, the health bar looks similar for both events and health is used in attacks, but the similarity ends there. In the Boss event it buys a chance to beat the boss and earn a certain reward, while in WD it buys a chance to earn more WDP and now other possible rewards. So it's an entirely different product, like a $1 lottery scratch ticket and a $5 lottery scratch ticket. Yes, they're both lottery tickets, they're both scratchers, and both only offer chances; however, one offers a chance at completely different rewards from the other. Apparently, in the case of health refills, buyers currently feel that a chance at increased WDP and WD rewards is more valuable than a chance at Boss rewards since the higher cost is also apparently yielding a higher rate of purchase rather than less, which would be expected if customers viewed them as the same product.

Principles of Economics by Alfred Marshall, circa 1890
http://www.econlib.org/library/Marshall/marP11.html#Bk.III,Ch.III

§ 6. The demand prices in our list are those at which various quantities of a thing can be sold in a market during a given time and under given conditions. If the conditions vary in any respect the prices will probably require to be changed; and this has constantly to be done when the desire for anything is materially altered by a variation of custom, or by a cheapening of the supply of a rival commodity, or by the invention of a new one. For instance, the list of demand prices for tea is drawn out on the assumption that the price of coffee is known; but a failure of the coffee harvest would raise the prices for tea. The demand for gas is liable to be reduced by an improvement in electric lighting; and in the same way a fall in the price of a particular kind of tea may cause it to be substituted for an inferior but cheaper variety*67.

Fl@sh
09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
It's a good point. It's a business model to maximize profits. And, they have done that for sure!

Sirius
09-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Greetings folks,

Let's try to keep this constructive and provide GREAT feedback on things. Let's not turn this into a company bash session please.

Also please keep the rumor stuff off the boards:

"3. You here about some employees giving out some bonuses (gold, units, pts) to their fellow faction members (this is a highly competitive game...Show some respect to factions and players who try hard to step up in ranks and inderectly pay for your salaries!);"

I can assure you that this is simply not true and is never allowed. Period.

Thanks!

MagnusDux
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
I also believe this isn't allowed by corporate - NO involvement by employees, just I think impossible to see internally who plays game at home and who doesn't and who do and who don't make influence, but this is think rumors more than anything else, like anybody who sees strong player screaming "hack" without any basis nor looking deeper.

What Thief said though - like if you made possible to attack with cash, i.e. each attack would bring low pts, like 50pts or so - much less than gold attacks, and would cost like $1M/ea attack - how about that? Not very many hits would be performed, but still would be incentive for non-gold players to add more than just waiting for 23mins to regen for 1 hit, more fun during war, what you think?

Greetings folks,

Let's try to keep this constructive and provide GREAT feedback on things. Let's not turn this into a company bash session please.

"3. You here about some employees giving out some bonuses (gold, units, pts) to their fellow faction members (this is a highly competitive game...Show some respect to factions and players who try hard to step up in ranks and inderectly pay for your salaries!);"

Thanks!

Ferr
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Greetings folks,

Thanks!

Hmm, this is not the complete picture sir.

ffred935
09-11-2013, 03:47 PM

This game is pissing me off.

Thief
09-11-2013, 04:21 PM
You thieving genius! Yup, then those who have like $40M iph could keep tapping effortless, but... Never gonna happen as how tha heck greed making moneys then eh? ^_*

Lol No i'm suggesting that you would still have to pay for a medpack...but rather you would have to pay gold for a medpack and then cash for an actual attack (just as when you beat up the boss)

So your first 10 Successful attacks only cost 25k per hit.
Then you next 10 Successful attacks cost 100k per hit.
Then your next 10 successful attacks cost 250k per hit.
Then your next 10 would be 500k
Then your next 10 would be 750k
At this point you have reached 50 attacks (some do that in a matter of min...others take longer)

Next 25 Would cost you 1 million per attack.
Next 25 would cost you 1.5 million per attack.
Next 25 would cost you 2 million per attack
Next 25 would cost you 2.5 million per attack

At this point you have made 250 successful attack but are probably starting to look for more funds. Perhaps you start going on a raiding party....looking for cash. Or your lazy and PURCHASE a vault of cash to keep it flowing.

Maybe it maxes out a some point? Maybe it keeps going up? I'm just throwing a new idea out there

*Wall hits and Command Center hits would be free but would still take away from your health.

Captnmorgan
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes GREE is greedy as they should be. It's a business and they are here to make money while giving you entertainment. Yes they want to seperate you from every dollar that they can. Show up where I work and I will do the same.

Nothing says you have to buy gold. You can be a free player and still have fun. Does customer service suck sometimes, yes it does but think of how many play....its in the millions in sure. Thats a lot to deal with and can take some time.

I used to hate Gree but then I thought about it. How would I approach things if the money went in my pocket.