PDA

View Full Version : Black Market? Why the hate???

Zulfiqaar
09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
As of today, there is a new feedback thread of suggestions...many good ideas mentioned and many not added to the list yet

My personal favourite is the black market.

Many are saying that it will encourage hacking, abusing and Strategy, and saying that a surge of llps will wreck the game..
but i ask: do you even know how this will work?? Players spewing negativity with no real knowledge of how it will work, and almost everyone is having the exact same assumption. I thought there were some players with atleast some commonsense.
gree is not THAT foolish...but here are some exanples of how it may work:

1) Private trading
This is when two players swap units with similar strengths (note i said similar)...for example i swap a 67/53 air unit for a 57/63 ground unit. Make the most of your bonuses...good idea right?

2) Private selling
Just like many of you, i doubt this is a good idea..llps will cause imbalances. but if this is done, it could be a faction internal thing...or worst of all an ally code transaction.however there will be limits..like no selling a tree sniper for $10,000,000,000,000 ora sunstalker for $1. It may be proportional to (just an example) the square of the a/d stats...so the stronger a unit is the higher the minimum/maximum sale value

3) Public sale
A person puts a unit on sale for the world to buy for a fixed price. simple, and great.

4) Public auction
A person puts their unit for sale for anybody to bid on. Highest bidder gets the unit. just as simple.

5) Boost unit section
gree may ban units with boosts from being traded in the black market, or make all such units for public viewing. those with two supersonic falcons/first strike tomcats can get some nice cash from a useless unit to them.

Post your thoughts below.
P2P trading is very successful in many games..mw will be revolutionised

Jhenry02
09-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Unit trading might work if there is a condition that combined stats of units have to be within 10% of total.
Ie a 50/50 at max could be traded for a 60/50. This way people can properly utilize nation boosts.

The rest of your ideas won't work. Cash hacking is still rampant in this game. Even if the powers that be are working on solutions or refuse to admit it. Now you are giving cash hackers a chance to purchase indestructible units. Whereas before they had to at least do something in the public eye to earn them (such as bosses, ltq's, and WD events.) at least with WD events if someone donates $2 billion with an iPh of 400k in two days a monkey for faction leader would see that 2+2 does not equal potato. And hopefully will remove them.

Thief
09-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Don't have a clue how it will work.

All i know is i encounter players who have multiple hacked units every day.

Until this issue is resolved a market system doesn't work. Ohh so i buy a P91 pounder off someone who is "retiring...oops i guess they were a hacker and just gave something that should hvae 500 in the game and gave out 200 to other players.

Do i agree that the idea has potential...sure but you need to fix certain mechanics in the game before this could be implemented.

Blodiea
09-10-2013, 05:44 PM
For trading/selling each high value unit would need a unique identifier like a serial number embedded in the code.
If they did that it would be easy to track said units and know if they have been hacked. I'm sure nothing can be done for units already handed out but future units can have thus feature.

MaroonMonsoon
09-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Anything public sounds like a good idea, but set a max and min price for said unit

Jhenry02
09-10-2013, 06:02 PM
For trading/selling each high value unit would need a unique identifier like a serial number embedded in the code.
If they did that it would be easy to track said units and know if they have been hacked. I'm sure nothing can be done for units already handed out but future units can have thus feature.

Each unit already has an identifier code. For example unit #1948 could be the Elite Base Defense. Doesn't matter, units and cash can still be inserted into games illegally. They close one window with allowing a certain method of inserting units but leave the door for cash hacking wide open. The black market will ony exacerbate the situation.

Blodiea
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Each unit already has an identifier code. For example unit #1948 could be the Elite Base Defense. Doesn't matter, units and cash can still be inserted into games illegally. They close one window with allowing a certain method of inserting units but leave the door for cash hacking wide open. The black market will ony exacerbate the situation.
So each unit has its own unique identifier? So two p91pounders would have different #s to tell the difference?
That is what I am proposing. If this is already done it should be easy to find hacked units. If serial numers are assigned to units in the code you know who got it and if they trade it to whom.

Twist of Cain
09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Taken from Ghost-12 with acknowledgments to Normnutman.....

Creating a Black Market where players can trade units = NEGATIVE!!!
this is a BIG nooo. Why? like one said above People that aren`t using all their
units can create a second account also known as LLP and give those units to it,
having the advantage over other people who are trying their best to acquire
similar units on main accounts...

There really is no bigger reason than this one.

Peppers
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
After thinking on this, I think a black market would be a great idea :) I have a very strong little camper I could trade/sell all my big game's units to, and could basically give myself a reset!

Rotti
09-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Your right I'm not sure how Gree would make a black market work. But every suggestion I've heard makes me dislike the idea more. It is still a terrible idea. It will stuff the lower levels up like the higher levels are having accs with ridiculous stats.

Mcdoc
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Being able to sell or trade units between accounts is what killed Diablo & Diablo II when the hackers realized they could sell hacked units on eBay for $50, $75, $100 or even $200.

Think that wont happen here?

Lets see - you COULD buy 3 to 5 vaults and fight in a faction to win the P91 Pounder with 30% health regen (on sale that would cost you $240 to $400 REAL Cash dollars) or you could by a legit or possible hacked one off eBay for $75. Which one would be the better deal?

And from Gree's view - that's money that went into the pocket of a hacker and not into the pocket of Gree.

TERRIBLE idea - just terrible.

Hackers will be able to make $500 to $1000 a DAY on eBay selling units - do you really want to encourage MORE people to hack?

sanchitseo
09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
sounds gud... black market is really a great idea...

MagnusDux
10-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Idea is VERY good - you trade your arsenal like in real life [hopefully buildings too?] - just agree on security has to be impenetrable for that to work legit...

TheOracle
10-16-2013, 12:36 PM
The amount of balancing required to get something like this to work and not cause a ton of problems makes me think that this idea probably won't be implemented, but then again I'm not on the game design team.

Paiens
10-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah let's just help the hackers take over this game even more. I want me 20 bridge jumpers too!

Worst idea EVER! No offence

MagnusDux
10-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Now, now, just IMAGINE for once - like I stated - security IMPENETRABLE [<0.01% probability, but still - exists] - and you can trade on speculators market: buildings, inventory, concrete{!}, gold{!}, valor{!} - price set by seller - just like in real market - somebody posts selling his P90 pounder for 10k gold - would you buy? No. Would somebody buy? YES

[still focus on IMPENETRABLE security and no hackers - idea is brilliant!]

Until that happens - I agree 100% hakers-kakers would thrive!

Yeah let's just help the hackers take over this game even more. I want me 20 bridge jumpers too!

Worst idea EVER! No offence

Paiens
10-16-2013, 01:25 PM
A the perfect world scnerario where the back doors are all bolted shut....! :-)

I have a purple pony for trade...shoots fireworks out its but!

The statistical probabilities you mentioned are dam accurate! Cheers

Now, now, just IMAGINE for once - like I stated - security IMPENETRABLE [<0.01% probability, but still - exists] - and you can trade on speculators market: buildings, inventory, concrete{!}, gold{!}, valor{!} - price set by seller - just like in real market - somebody posts selling his P90 pounder for 10k gold - would you buy? No. Would somebody buy? YES

[still focus on IMPENETRABLE security and no hackers - idea is brilliant!]

Until that happens - I agree 100% hakers-kakers would thrive!

Zulfiqaar
10-16-2013, 01:30 PM
The amount of balancing required to get something like this to work and not cause a ton of problems makes me think that this idea probably won't be implemented, but then again I'm not on the game design team.

Thanks for the reply Oracle!!
It doesnt have to be all the options, but ive seen many war/mmo/pvp games who thrive of this very addition..its well worth the effort!!

Problem is..so many players doubt the security of the system (i have never ever seen a hacker btw)..but all opposition comes from the paranoia of abuse, and the misunderstanding that trades will be in private (easy to abuse). if the units are for public, you just cant build up an llp like that, and its on an even plane for all.

Talk to the dev team though..once security is good then this idea is pretty much the best thing in the game!!

MagnusDux
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Ah, perfect world... it exists in a sci-fi dream or floats here in forums somewhere lol One CAN dream, no?

That pony... for 500 gold you think it would be nice to have one running around base shooting fireworks frm his arse? lol

A the perfect world scnerario where the back doors are all bolted shut....! :-)

I have a purple pony for trade...shoots fireworks out its but!

The statistical probabilities you mentioned are dam accurate! Cheers

TheOracle
10-16-2013, 03:53 PM
It's not just the possibility of exploited units or exploited cash being used to purchase units, but it's hard to balance a market too. If you've played Diablo III, you know how badly the auction house messed up the game's balance.

The main concern I'd think is low players jumping up extremely quickly by buying really cheap units from old players who can no longer use those units in their army.

Thief
10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
It's not just the possibility of exploited units or exploited cash being used to purchase units, but it's hard to balance a market too. If you've played Diablo III, you know how badly the auction house messed up the game's balance.

The main concern I'd think is low players jumping up extremely quickly by buying really cheap units from old players who can no longer use those units in their army.

Even higher concern would have someone with 2 accounts Feed all of their units to a little unit.

I didn't play Diablo III but i played Diablo II and it was the same thing. Then Blizzard had to keep coming out with patches to fix the balance of the game. In MW you can't really provide those kinds of patches as people have paid for what they earned.

Needless to say while it would be fun i think we can all agree in the end it has too many possibilities for Exploitation.

Agent Orange
10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Gree can't seem to get the hackers under control, I can't image them being able to allow unit swaps without that turning into a disaster as well. Noble thought but seriously flawed.

mreilly
10-16-2013, 06:44 PM
After thinking on this, I think a black market would be a great idea :) I have a very strong little camper I could trade/sell all my big game's units to, and could basically give myself a reset!

haha well said.. but the op thinks this is a good idea. Why the hell does he think setting limits on trades makes any use? If you can only trade a unit thats 50/50 for a 60/50 why are you even wasting your time?

Zulfiqaar
10-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Even higher concern would have someone with 2 accounts Feed all of their units to a little unit.

I didn't play Diablo III but i played Diablo II and it was the same thing. Then Blizzard had to keep coming out with patches to fix the balance of the game. In MW you can't really provide those kinds of patches as people have paid for what they earned.

Needless to say while it would be fun i think we can all agree in the end it has too many possibilities for Exploitation.

I havent played diablo, but the hourly auction system was great in DarkOrbit, and p2p sale in Infamous Gangsters was pretty well done too..i guess its just an effort of sustaining the unitflow...if gree is giving away too many units (items) then it may end up different to the other games where there is a set number of 20-50 things that can be exchanged..things could get chaotic with 10,00 different units on the swap list!! Lol i cant imagine modern war turning into ebay or something!!