PDA

View Full Version : Loot with stat modifiers, what if they're superceded?

Fredfreddy
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Let's say I have a gun that's 3000/3000 and it has a +10% gun attack or something, do I need to bring that item to a fight for the boost to be effective? In other words, if I have 500 mafia, and 500 guns that are 4000/4000, does my gun boost from my 3000/3000 gun that I'm no longer using? Or is the boost just permanent to your character regardless of usage?

I realize in present day my example seems unlikely, but with so much stat inflation around, this could become an issue with legacy contest winners pretty soon, and us normal folk maybe in a year or so.

The_
09-10-2013, 09:37 AM
That is an interesting example, although your situation is highly unlikely (gun wep atk alone would be 2M atk hits). I really don't know whether modifier will supersede the strongest weapon carrying rule- though there is no reason that it should break the combat rule. I guess we will find out once someone gets 500 super boosted gun weapon with a lower powered modifier gun.

brandocommando
09-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure the boost applies to your character regardless.

mb144n@gmail.com
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure the boost applies to your character regardless.

Pics or it didn't happen :cool:

Assault and Flattery
09-10-2013, 11:00 AM
The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Perfect. 2014 will be the year of 10K/10K loot drop.

brandocommando
09-10-2013, 11:12 AM
The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.

Interesting, but how are we supposed to know what mod is connected to what item? They dont show up in your inventory as having a mod attached...

Hoeba
09-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Interesting, but how are we supposed to know what mod is connected to what item? They dont show up in your inventory as having a mod attached...

Look in your profile, view bonusses ,individual, there you go all listed

brandocommando
09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Look in your profile, view bonusses ,individual, there you go all listed

Yeah but it'd be nice to see the stats of the item with the mod attached rather than scouring through my inventory for dozens of items. Oh well, I guess its not really going to change how I play anyways :rolleyes:

Mack The Knife
09-10-2013, 11:27 AM
you don't have to scout. as Hoeba said they're listed under bonuses. It only shows the items that bestow stat bonuses.

brandocommando
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
you don't have to scout. as Hoeba said they're listed under bonuses. It only shows the items that bestow stat bonuses.

The title of the thread was asking about when an item with a modifier is superseded. You wouldn't know if it will be superseded unless you know the stats of the actual gun, vehicle, etc that is attached to the modifier. To find those actual stats, you would have to look through your inventory.

Fredfreddy
09-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Thanks A&F, that will eventually be a big ol bummer when some of the more unique things get superseded, like building upgrade cost/time reducers, output cash enhancers, +1 building upgrades, etc.

I've got to imagine this already affects some of the big dogs in the game, as some of the lower level prizes given during wars have enhancers (example, the top 1000 item for the upcoming war is a ~700/600 explosive with a +3% car attack modifier)

An option to delete inventory might be handy (with a series of "are you sure?" "are you positive?" "are you sure you're positive" popups before you can do it), though knowing if your "modifier" loot is being used at all would be the first requirement. An overhaul of the inventory system in general is really what's needed, with sorting and whatnot, but I realize that's probably a significant development effort.

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 12:18 PM

What do you mean "equipped"? Simply own the item, right? I'm sure there are players who own the Midas Machine Gun (+40% fight RP) who don't bring it into battle, with its 100-something stats.

Mack The Knife
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM
The title of the thread was asking about when an item with a modifier is superseded. You wouldn't know if it will be superseded unless you know the stats of the actual gun, vehicle, etc that is attached to the modifier. To find those actual stats, you would have to look through your inventory.

ah, I see what you're saying. fair enough.

Dipstik
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM
What about non-PVP mods like free banking? I'm sure there must be some juggernauts out there who aren't bringing the emerald burner into battle anymore. Can anyone verify whether they still get free banking?

Green Drake
09-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow so the guys at the lower tier with the gun that gives 50% more from robs will lose that items mod. The attack on that gun was around 120.

Zendfrim
09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
The boost is connected to the item, so you need to have it equipped to make it work.Assault and Flattery. Please explain the contradictory statement posted in this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?19235-Lockbox-Event-Guide!

"As long as a player has this item in their inventory, it will function properly. It does not have to be equipped by them or their mafia." Posted by Crime City Mark.

If a negative change has been made to the game, you better let folks know.

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Assault and Flattery. Please explain the contradictory statement posted in this thread:

"As long as a player has this item in their inventory, it will function properly. It does not have to be equipped by them or their mafia." Posted by Crime City Mark.

I am pretty sure A&F misspoke. I don't believe you lose the mod once your items become too strong.

The_
09-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Assault and Flattery. Please explain the contradictory statement posted in this thread:

You have a good eye for details.

Zendfrim
09-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I am pretty sure A&F misspoke. I don't believe you lose the mod once your items become too strong.When people are "misspoken," like this, other people tend to get really irritated. This demonstrates a lack of knowledge about the game, made by the company one works for, and is therefore inexcusable. We deserve to know if a change has been made, why, and/or a retraction of said statement.

Zendfrim
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
You have a good eye for details.i am speaking on behalf of one who has been silenced by gree for pointing things like this out.

bald zeemer
09-10-2013, 02:18 PM
I have the Midas, I don't take it into battle, and I still have the bonus listed. I believe it's still working, too, although I couldn't say for certain.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
i hope she didn't mispeak. potentially saved alot of people from spending gold and showed how gree planned to address stat inflating modifiers. how else can we catch FC without spending? i immediately ceased doing this LTB and LTQ because of that post. lol

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 02:25 PM
i hope she didn't mispeak. potentially saved alot of people from spending gold and showed how gree planned to address stat inflating modifiers. how else can we catch FC without spending? i immediately ceased doing this LTB and LTQ because of that post. lol

Didn't you delete your whole hood anyway? Seems silly to change your entire play style to avoid having too good of weapons because a forum administrator misspoke. Could be wrong though.

Back hand emus
09-10-2013, 02:32 PM
What about non-PVP mods like free banking? I'm sure there must be some juggernauts out there who aren't bringing the emerald burner into battle anymore. Can anyone verify whether they still get free banking?

I don't have monster stats but I still bank for free. Not sure if I'm still using the weapon

GU7 F4WK3S
09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
i wasnt being serious. just pointing out what i might do if i was losing those things. in reality i need 4 years before i start losing weapons with mods. i did delete my hood but than they started up my favorite event pvp. sucked me back in after two weeks of retirement. i'm weak. gree was good and fast about restoring every building i ever deleted.

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 02:42 PM
i wasnt being serious. just pointing out what i might do if i was losing those things. in reality i need 4 years before i start losing weapons with mods. i did delete my hood but than they started up my favorite event pvp. sucked me back in after two weeks of retirement. i'm weak. gree was good and fast about restoring every building i ever deleted.

Oh wow. Well, that's certainly nice of GREE.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Lets put this in context to the attached excerpt from FAQ.

Items are automatically equipped when actions are taken. That implies that while you are taking no actions, no items are equipped.

Whether things like banking, collecting from buildings, doing jobs etc. are considered actions in this sense is not clear. Obviously, these actions do not require items at all except for those with modifiers. So either a) for non-PVP actions all mods are taken into consideration, or b) the game will take into consideration your best available non-PVP modded items (regardless of a/d stats) during these actions.

Another thing to consider is the definition of "best items". By definition, this should actually include the effects of modifiers. For example, if you had 500 100 attack guns and 1 10 attack gun with a +10% gun attack mod, what's really the better item here? Obviously the modded gun is the best since it adds the most to your attack, so you'll bring it into battle. This being the case, we don't have a whole lot to worry about even if what A&F says is true (which I doubt).

GU7 F4WK3S
09-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh wow. Well, that's certainly nice of GREE.

giving a junky his crack back. yes. very nice.

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 03:30 PM
giving a junky his crack back. yes. very nice.

I think it's more like giving a junky his favorite heroin spoon and belt back. :rolleyes:

nopenopenope
09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
One of the few interesting threads in months, nice to see the good ole boys spouting out.

Captain Torgue
09-11-2013, 02:08 AM

If this is the case then I never ever want my executive coupe bumped from my strong items :)

cubic
09-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Lets put this in context to the attached excerpt from FAQ.

Items are automatically equipped when actions are taken. That implies that while you are taking no actions, no items are equipped.

Whether things like banking, collecting from buildings, doing jobs etc. are considered actions in this sense is not clear. Obviously, these actions do not require items at all except for those with modifiers. So either a) for non-PVP actions all mods are taken into consideration, or b) the game will take into consideration your best available non-PVP modded items (regardless of a/d stats) during these actions.

Another thing to consider is the definition of "best items". By definition, this should actually include the effects of modifiers. For example, if you had 500 100 attack guns and 1 10 attack gun with a +10% gun attack mod, what's really the better item here? Obviously the modded gun is the best since it adds the most to your attack, so you'll bring it into battle. This being the case, we don't have a whole lot to worry about even if what A&F says is true (which I doubt).

What if you have 500 guns with better stats that the emerald gun with free banking mods and gets attacked at the same time you are banking, what do you have equiped at that point? Same with the item with the mod -30% cost on upgrades etc. At some point these non-pvp items will get "crappy" in stats and are gonna be cut out the top 500, but will they get used at the same time someone else is attacking you or you will have that other item with +1 more defence instead? Being so, I hope that the mods will be active as long as you have the item (forever) and that you donīt need to actively use them. I am nowhere near myself to that point and I donīt even have other mods than pvp-mods (att, def and + respect). The best I have wich I doubt I will ever have 500 better than is the Sweet Vengeance (25% gun att).

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-11-2013, 05:24 AM
What if you have 500 guns with better stats that the emerald gun with free banking mods and gets attacked at the same time you are banking, what do you have equiped at that point?

They are still separate actions. Consider when you are attacking someone and being attacked at the same time--clearly this does not affect your attack or defense.

On a separate note, things like this don't really happen at exactly the "same time" in computers. For events which read and/or write the same data, programmers have to take care to make sure they happen one after another.

cubic
09-11-2013, 08:31 AM
They are still separate actions. Consider when you are attacking someone and being attacked at the same time--clearly this does not affect your attack or defense.

On a separate note, things like this don't really happen at exactly the "same time" in computers. For events which read and/or write the same data, programmers have to take care to make sure they happen one after another.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 08:33 AM
I have attack modifier attached to weapons I don't use when attacking, and they still apply.

Thankfully A&F appears to be mistaken on this issue.

Dipstik
09-11-2013, 08:35 AM
I have attack modifier attached to weapons I don't use when attacking, and they still apply.

Mods are never wrong. Expect this bug to be fixed in the next update.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-11-2013, 08:57 AM

How did you confirm? Do you have every single item you own in a spreadsheet?

bald zeemer
09-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes.

Characters.

Edit/ to confirm, it is definitely a massive pain in the proverbial, but since there is no other option....
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/03652C6E-2D78-42A4-9989-125914534EC1-116-000000FF65E88354_zps589d16ba.jpg

cubic
09-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Thats a lot of weapons.....

Fredfreddy
09-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes.

Characters.

Edit/ to confirm, it is definitely a massive pain in the proverbial, but since there is no other option....
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/03652C6E-2D78-42A4-9989-125914534EC1-116-000000FF65E88354_zps589d16ba.jpg

Thanks for verifying this BZ, I figured you'd probably be the one to do so :)

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes.

Characters.

Yes, I used to do it when I was a baby calculating the $ per stat gain of low end cash items. Seems almost comedic at this stage, the things I used to do for 100 attack...

I do know to a extent what a pain it is, especially when you won't allow yourself to accept anything but +/- 0 accuracy on attack stat and quantities.