PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid MW burnout

thundarr
09-10-2013, 05:14 AM
I have been spending less time on MW and enjoying it more. A way to avoid burnout especially with the reduced time between WD events is the following:

1. Stop reading this forum multiple times a day
2. Ignore the LTQ events (between the prestaging and XP increase they are not worth the time unless you are an LLP)
3. Ignore the box event unless its a 10 box with a fabulous prize.

Save your time and energy (and WAF wife acceptance factor) for the WD events which have taken on much greater significance with the new WD LTQ prize structure

Mongo
09-10-2013, 11:29 AM
I think those are some good suggestions. Everyone might have their own formula, but I'd recommend just changing it up every now and then. Believe it or not you will not be left behind if you skip an LTQ, FvF, combat tourney, or all of the above on the same weekend. Even if you collect your buildings a couple times a day and get raided a time or two, consider it a karmic investment.

Somehow I managed to kill Claude 50 yesterday, it is like I am on MW vacation.

lemonhaze
09-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I think those are some good suggestions. Everyone might have their own formula, but I'd recommend just changing it up every now and then. Believe it or not you will not be left behind if you skip an LTQ, FvF, combat tourney, or all of the above on the same weekend. Even if you collect your buildings a couple times a day and get raided a time or two, consider it a karmic investment.

Somehow I managed to kill Claude 50 yesterday, it is like I am on MW vacation. LOL i was gonna say same thing..im done with the boss event since last nite..today nothing to do but rest..

Thief
09-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Couldn't agree more. The game has become a chore. Once which requires a huge investment of time and for many money.

Thats the reason you see many rage quit but i've started to wayne myself off and just play when i'm having fun. I realize i've got real life going on and i can't be around for every WD event and i can't worry about every 3 day event. Sure people are going to get stronger than me...but guess what? I'm never going to be the strongest in this game anyways.

HayeZeus
09-10-2013, 01:24 PM
The only reason I participated in past FVF events is because I was close to general rank. Now that I opened up that valor unit, the event us a complete waste of time. The units are garbage, and to rank above top2500 individually requires you to trade BPs for 4 days straight while also using a little gold. Screw that noise.

SevenO9
09-10-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm never going to be the strongest in this game anyways.

Understanding and embracing this changes everything.

RRichie09
09-10-2013, 01:33 PM

Not to mention that being the strongest in MW means absolutely nothing.

Meta Rage Trollbot
09-10-2013, 01:44 PM
1. Stop reading this forum multiple times a day
2. Ignore the LTQ events (between the prestaging and XP increase they are not worth the time unless you are an LLP)
3. Ignore the box event unless its a 10 box with a fabulous prize.

As a former MW addict I can say that you've nailed it. It took me about a month, but it worked (not to mention running into a dozen hackers in a few hours - broke my spirit). I would almost suggest leaving your faction for one war.

The issue is when you look back at how much you have spent. You can't just leave that behind, right? Well, you can, but it isn't easy.

I tried to get back into the game in India and woefully failed to be interested (my sincere apologies MWW 2). I miss my former faction mates far more than the game.

Good luck to those in recovery.Pick up WoN - less expensive, less demanding, and wars aren't essentially playing a slot machine on your phone.

Jeffgood
09-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Gain Enlightenment & u'll achieve nirvana.
haha.... ;)

Thief
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Ohh i've understood this from the beggining. It was never about keeping up with the jones for me. It was about enjoying the game for what it was. Heck i use to be a free player for the first year of playing. Factions changed that a bit for me but now i'm just settling in to what works for me. Not going to put real life on hold every 3 weeks when i have events planned.

JCL
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one who thought the PvP tournament awards were garbage for the effort. You know what would be nice, though? Create a "rookie class." I was scoring huge points and then got to #1 in my faction at around 225k on day 2. Then a gold player came from nowhere and hits 700k in a couple hours. Done. Sure we got a decent unit but even still, 10-13 players well over 350k, and our unit is 700? Lame.

I'm thinking of just skipping 2-3 events a month. I do stop early now because Gree went crazy stupid with energy requirements. If you compare the units of today with 6-7 months ago, it's nothing for the effort. And, when was the last time we had a boost unit for loot? 4-5 months?

thundarr
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
As a former MW addict I can say that you've nailed it. It took me about a month, but it worked (not to mention running into a dozen hackers in a few hours - broke my spirit). I would almost suggest leaving your faction for one war.

The issue is when you look back at how much you have spent. You can't just leave that behind, right? Well, you can, but it isn't easy.

I tried to get back into the game in India and woefully failed to be interested (my sincere apologies MWW 2). I miss my former faction mates far more than the game.

Good luck to those in recovery.Pick up WoN - less expensive, less demanding, and wars aren't essentially playing a slot machine on your phone.

What game is WoN?

John 719166364
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
War of Nations. It is the latest Gree game. Hexagon battle board where the units interact with each other. You build units based off of resources which become scarcer and more valuable the closer to the center of the battle board you get.