PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs vs. Glitches & Cheating. A List.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Since the other thread was hijacked by a personal feud, I thought I'd start a new one. Lets keep this one on topic.

In my opinion, an Easter Egg is available to both platforms (Droid and iOS) and won't get you banned for discussing it in the forums.

The 26 minutes on the bosses to get an extra hit is an "Easter Egg" in a loose sense of the phrase. It is widely known, discussed in the forums, available to both platforms, and won't get you banned for discussing it.

What other "Easter Eggs" are our there?

bimmer kid
09-09-2013, 08:32 AM
never heard of an easter egg tied to crime city.i think this will get quite interesting :)

Fredfreddy
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
How about bouncing around Syndicates during SLTQs and crediting multiple teams for the same thing?
Doesn't get much more public than that, the fountain of "help us" spams on the forums last weekend.

Dipstik
09-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Please define "easter egg" and distinguish it from a glitch. The guy who coined the term earlier is an admitted cheater and was encouraging others to do the same.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 08:39 AM
How about bouncing around Syndicates during SLTQs and crediting multiple teams for the same thing?
Doesn't get much more public than that, the fountain of "help us" spams on the forums last weekend.

Yeah, that one is more of a Rotten Easter Egg. I liked the syndicate PvP better when the points stayed with the player and moved to a new syndicate if they moved. But, if this is how Gree makes the rules, then I guess we have to live with ASS and its 17 syndicates always rotating people into its top team to "win" first place. I'd love to know how the people who spend all the gold to "help" the top team get first feel about not getting the prize. I'd be bitter. But, hey, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Fredfreddy
09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Just remember the more you openly discuss them the quicker they get nerfed.

I think "easter egg" should be renamed "poor development/planning decision". The M4A1 for example. Not an Easter Egg, discussed immensely, nerfed due to it creating too much imbalance.

Add the PVP where prizes were backwards and we all got the -30% building upgrade, guess it's hard to nerf an event though.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Please define "easter egg" and distinguish it from a glitch. The guy who coined the term earlier is an admitted cheater and was encouraging others to do the same.

Hi Dippy,

I tried to define it in my first post.

An "Easter Egg" is:
1. Available to both platforms
2. Won't get you banned for discussing it

For an example, the Droid time traveling would not be an "Easter Egg" because it fails both tests.

bimmer kid
09-09-2013, 08:47 AM

this was not a mistake

Butt Futter
09-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Dippy,

I tried to define it in my first post.

An "Easter Egg" is:
1. Available to both platforms
2. Won't get you banned for discussing it

For an example, the Droid time traveling would not be an "Easter Egg" because it fails both tests.

Time traveling is not an "Easter Egg", it's a blatent cheat. "Easter Egg" are put in by the developers and cheat/hacks are bad programming.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Time traveling is not an "Easter Egg", it's a blatent cheat. "Easter Egg" are put in by the developers and cheat/hacks are bad programming.

I said NOT. Time traveling is NOT an "Easter Egg." Time traveling is cheating, plain and simple.

BigMoney
09-09-2013, 08:56 AM
"Easter eggs" are things that game developers intentionally hid in the game for players to find. A glitch is an unintended consequence as a result of poor coding. If GREE didn't mean for boss hits to be possible when you have less than 25 hp, that would be a "glitch" as well. In my eyes, you're all arguing over the various acceptability of glitches.

Unfortunately GREE doesn't seem to care much either way. Everyone knows the "building two buildings at once" glitch, and nothing was ever done about it. I've reported Nature Boy GoTTi multiple times as he has 400+ of each of the top RP items and exactly 510 of each cash item, but he's now made it through his third war with the GoTTis and is currently earning points in the PvP for them as well. Level 221, if you want to see for yourself. Or if you're GREE, ticket #835701, #866233. "We don't discuss the results of our investigation" is seemingly code for "we are not going to do anything about this despite overwhelming proof presented before us."

bimmer kid
09-09-2013, 08:59 AM
i visit nature boy daily, and has been reported so many times that i just gave up

Butt Futter
09-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Good thing Gree won't be getting any more money from me.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:06 AM
"Easter eggs" are things that game developers intentionally hid in the game for players to find. A glitch is an unintended consequence as a result of poor coding. If GREE didn't mean for boss hits to be possible when you have less than 25 hp, that would be a "glitch" as well. In my eyes, you're all arguing over the various acceptability of glitches.

Unfortunately GREE doesn't seem to care much either way. Everyone knows the "building two buildings at once" glitch, and nothing was ever done about it. I've reported ****** ***** GoTTi multiple times as he has 400+ of each of the top RP items and exactly 510 of each cash item, but he's now made it through his third war with the GoTTis and is currently earning points in the PvP for them as well. Level 221, if you want to see for yourself. Or if you're GREE, ticket #835701, #866233. "We don't discuss the results of our investigation" is seemingly code for "we are not going to do anything about this despite overwhelming proof presented before us."

Big Money, you are one of my favorite forumites, and I don't want you to take another "vacation" so please be careful!

What is the 2 buildings at once glitch? Would it qualify as an "Easter Egg" as I defined it? Is it available to both iOS and Droid? Will it get you banned if you discuss it in the forums?

bimmer kid
09-09-2013, 09:06 AM
no more butts will be futtered:(

Big Money, you are one of my favorite forumites, and I don't want you to take another "vacation" so please be careful!

What is the 2 buildings at once glitch? Would it qualify as an "Easter Egg" as I defined it? Is it available to both iOS and Droid? Will it get you banned if you discuss it in the forums?

the only way someone will know is if they try it

BigMoney
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM

If I get banned for calling a spade a spade, so be it. Don't want to be part of a website that belongs to a company that works so hard to sweep obvious cheating under the rug while others spend thousands a month on gold for similar stats.

The 2 buildings glitch has been around forever, as far as I know. Anyone can do it. It's been reported to GREE and is still around, and has been for years. Not sure if it gets you banned, but I don't really want to get banned for discussing glitches myself, as ironic as that would be. I'm sure if you ask your syndicate members in whatever syndicate you're in, at least one person has to know it.

I'm not sure if people use the same loophole/glitch to build 2+, though, perhaps someone else can answer. Usually when you see it, they will be the buildings involved in the goal list-- Brownstones, Sports Bars, etc. I stopped following the goals a long time ago and no longer can remember. I'm not sure how people build, say, 2 NCs at once. Or two NCs, a Brownstone, and a Souvenir Store.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:33 AM
The RP glitch and item-purchasing glitch were both on Droid, right? Both have been fixed, right?

bimmer kid
09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
no idea considering idk how to do them nikita. a hacker would have to chime in. is a GoTTi available?

Butt Futter
09-09-2013, 09:40 AM
bimmer, mwwm would know also.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:42 AM
no idea considering idk how to do them nikita. a hacker would have to chime in. is a GoTTi available?

You made me giggle :)

I'm iOS, and it seems all the cheats are on Droids, so I've only heard of them through the g****vine. Then I hear they've been fixed, but nothing is done about the people who exploited them in the first place.

BigMoney
09-09-2013, 09:43 AM
The RP glitch and item-purchasing glitch were both on Droid, right? Both have been fixed, right?

Yeah sorry, no idea what these glitches are either. I have a few friends in the GoTTis you can ask. At least I think they are my friends based on the amount of groveling on my wall.

Edit: all I know is, GREE made a big hullabaloo about stickying this topic about how such hacks have been fixed, (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60995-An-Update-regarding-User-Exploits-*Fixed*!) shortly before there was a huge explosion in the number of item hackers, etc.

The_
09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
The game is called "Crime City" not "Fair City".

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Top 250 with full bonuses? LMAO!

BigMoney
09-09-2013, 09:47 AM

You make an excellent point, and I have now revised my stance on the issue: hacking the game is perfectly acceptable, as that is what a criminal would do. Further, I support the hacking of another player's account, dumping all his in-game cash, and threatening to spend all his gold on something worthless shortly before removing him from FC minutes prior to battle, because that's something a real "criminal" would do in "Crime City."

The_
09-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Top 250 with full bonuses? LMAO!
Why do you make a pointless topic instead of sending in a ticket to GREE support? Are you that desperate for attention? Obviously this is an issue only GREE can solve, not the players.

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Why do you make a pointless topic instead of sending in a ticket to GREE support? Are you that desperate for attention? Obviously this is an issue only GREE can solve, not the players.

Tell me which players in your syndicate time traveled to pay for those bonuses, and I'll send in the ticket for you.

And, yes, I love attention! Especially from you! Keep talking!

The_
09-09-2013, 09:51 AM
He already specified that none of these "easter eggs" are hacks. You're over generalizing there, buddy.

Tommy_K
09-09-2013, 09:53 AM
basicly a "easter egg" is as a hidden humorous addition to the game by bored coders which has no influence on gameplay

Mistress Nikita
09-09-2013, 09:56 AM
basicly a "easter egg" is as a hidden humorous addition to the game by bored coders which has no influence on gameplay

We know Tommy. Someone used the term in another thread that got hijacked and went wildly off topic, so I thought I'd continue to use it here. By "Easter Egg" in the Gree game sense of the word, we're talking about game glitches, available to both platforms, that won't get you banned for using and talking about.

Dipstik
09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
I was talking about this with someone else recently, and I think I came up with a pretty good distinction between "good strategy" and "cheating." The "easter eggs" guy obviously has trouble drawing the line, probably because he never cared.

I figure using the resources you earned legitimately in an efficient way is not cheating. Finding some way to glitch yourself extra resources/time/whatever is cheating.

For example: Preloading maps and/or 13-hitting bosses... you are using the energy/health that you have in the most efficient way allowed by the game mechanics. I'm pretty sure the only people who claim these strategies are "cheating" are the people trying to legitimatize their use of actual glitches.

Time travelling/cash glitching/respect glitching/energy glitching/multiple builds, etc... all of these are methods to somehow force the game to give you more of some particular resource than you are supposed to be earning within a particular time. These are what I consider "glitching".

I've been thinking about it, and I haven't found any exception to this distinction. Maybe someone can prove me wrong... I'm not up on what the kids are doing these days, so maybe I missed something.

Green Drake
09-09-2013, 11:52 AM
While it has been fixed where would over time in crate events fall. I would think Easter egg.

Legen...dary
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
1. You do not get to re-define a term that has been around since the 1979 release of Adventurer on the Atari 2600!

2. Toggling the sound on and off on iOS is the ONLY Easter Egg in CC.

Dipstik
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh no one actually thinks the term "easter egg" applies to this conversation. I'm just trying to get them to admit that when they say "easter egg" they mean "glitch I think it's fair to exploit."

When you're trying to get people to talk their way into a corner, let them use their own language.

bald zeemer
09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
1. You do not get to re-define a term that has been around since the 1979 release of Adventurer on the Atari 2600!

2. Toggling the sound on and off on iOS is the ONLY Easter Egg in CC.

The hidden vault almost-sale also counts, IMO.

Licensedbeast
09-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Does anyone realize that the term Easter Egg implies a joke, or hidden message in the game? Not an "it's a glitch that is OK to be exploited"?

An example of an Easter Egg would be seeing a tattoo of FC on a boss.
The inside joke/hidden message is seeing the tattoo which stands for Fight Club... on a boss. It's no coincidence.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start is considered is one of my favorite Easter Eggs.

GU7 F4WK3S
09-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Does anyone realize that the term Easter Egg implies a joke, or hidden message in the game? Not an "it's a glitch that is OK to be exploited"?An example of an Easter Egg would be seeing a tattoo of FC on a boss.The inside joke/hidden message is seeing the tattoo which stands for Fight Club... on a boss. It's no coincidence.an easter egg can also be a feature

Triga Treat
09-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start is considered is one of my favorite Easter Eggs.

Hmmm... doesn't that one give you infinite lives in contra?

Infinite lives seems a lot like faster energy regeneration to me.

-Triga

TMI
09-09-2013, 03:25 PM
The hidden vault almost-sale also counts, IMO.

What's the hidden vault almost-sale??
:)

CCKallDAY
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Hmmm... doesn't that one give you infinite lives in contra?

Infinite lives seems a lot like faster energy regeneration to me.

-TrigaI thought it was 10 lives in contra.

Dipstik
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
It's 30. Discussion over.

#smug

CCKallDAY
09-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Easter eggs!

Quijimo
09-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I thought it was B,A,B,A start....

jmeijer
09-09-2013, 06:51 PM
It's R2, R2, L1, L1, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
http://youtu.be/7vofXcC0rj4

1 minute in

TMI
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
http://youtu.be/7vofxcc0rj4

1 minute in
that was awesome!!

Travers
09-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Is there anyway for Gree to put a stop to time traveling?

GQNammmer
09-09-2013, 07:35 PM
What the heck is time travelling. I always see this term being thrown around on the 3 gree games i play but i have no idea what it means.

Dipstik
09-09-2013, 07:36 PM
A form of cheating. All that matters.

TMI
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
What the heck is time travelling. I always see this term being thrown around on the 3 gree games i play but i have no idea what it means.
I think it's when you move the clock on your phone forwards to collect from your buildings sooner. Ppl used to do that to collect crops sooner in Smurf's Village, but if you did that too much, papa smurf would give you a stern warning :(

Travers
09-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I think it's when you move the clock on your phone forwards to collect from your buildings sooner. Ppl used to do that to collect crops sooner in Smurf's Village, but if you did that too much, papa smurf would give you a stern warning :(

Yeah CC needs to have something like that. Maybe if you did it again have a temporary suspension, or something like that.

bald zeemer
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
They do, now. All your bldings start upgrading with some enormous amount of time left, essentially nerfing your entire hood.

montecore
09-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah, that one is more of a Rotten Easter Egg. I liked the syndicate PvP better when the points stayed with the player and moved to a new syndicate if they moved. But, if this is how Gree makes the rules, then I guess we have to live with ASS and its 17 syndicates always rotating people into its top team to "win" first place. I'd love to know how the people who spend all the gold to "help" the top team get first feel about not getting the prize. I'd be bitter. But, hey, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

we already know how bitter you are love. for the record, we try to give the first place prize from pvp to the top sas2 and sas3 players. the players are quite supportive and understanding, because that is how sas does things. many syndicates, one family.

sas............ gfy

Rodimus
09-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Surely the days of cheating are over in CC. GREE stepped up the server checks and security protocols didn't they?

SilentAssassin
09-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I'd love to know how the people who spend all the gold to "help" the top team get first feel about not getting the prize. I'd be bitter. But, hey, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Funny... SAS1 players move around the most to SAS2 & 3 and put up millions for them while players in SAS2&3 rarely move around. We had probably a total of 4 this whole weekend move up to SAS1. It's SAS1 that helps SAS2&3.

You haven't even seen us at full force in PVP. During PvP we let people choose if they want to participate. We have camper groups just outside of top 100 where you can take it easy. We even have SAS3 which is top 25 and not very time intensive.

Add up our PVP point totals before you post.

One other thing, most times right BEFORE the event ends we fill up SAS1 with 2 of the best scorers from each SAS team, so they get the best prize.

BigMoney
09-10-2013, 12:59 AM

As Dippy said, a form of cheating. There was two main types-- people who jumped forward in time so that buildings would upgrade instantly (and the hallmark sign of this is an unreasonable number of level 10 buildings in a hood), and people who jumped forward in time to instantly replenish their energy. Typically, that means they would do hundreds (or thousands) of jobs, perhaps jobs that drop nice loot items (e.g. Gooch Roaster, 42/13, 500+ energy a pop, Getaway Runner Plus, etc) or a lot of cash (infinite energy -> infinite jobs -> infinite cash). This is why those same "time travelers" often have level 10 NCs, and level 10 of tons of buildings that often don't make sense to upgrade to 10. Because they have too much cash.

I think it's safe to share this, since it's fixed now and will wreck your game if you try it now (though people still do, cough Scott GoTTi cough).

Captain Torgue
09-10-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm iOS, and it seems all the cheats are on Droids, so I've only heard of them through the g****vine.

Forget glitches, cheaters and easter eggs, I'm more interested in what Gree has against g****s. Why do Gree hate g****s so much they feel the need to censor the word?

Mistress Nikita
09-10-2013, 07:09 AM
Hahahahahaha! Someone else brings up syndicate hopping for PvP, I respond, the whole thing gets buried in the thread, and not one, but two ASS's have to weigh in! Although, I'm not surprised that one is montebore, because he is incapable of not inserting himself into every conversation and making it about him. And neither added anything useful to the topic we're discussing. Typical.

Butt Futter
09-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Hahahahahaha! Someone else brings up syndicate hopping for PvP, I respond, the whole thing gets buried in the thread, and not one, but two ASS's have to weigh in! Although, I'm not surprised that one is montebore, because he is incapable of not inserting himself into every conversation and making it about him. And neither added anything useful to the topic we're discussing. Typical.

You two need to bang and get it over with.

Mistress Nikita
09-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Forget glitches, cheaters and easter eggs, I'm more interested in what Gree has against g****s. Why do Gree hate g****s so much they feel the need to censor the word?

Captain, that is a question I thought long and hard over, and have not come up with a good theory. The best I could do is that g****s can be made into wine... Wine can get you drunk... Getting drunk a lot can make you an alcoholic... Being an alcoholic can ruin your liver... Ruined livers will mean huge medical bills... Huge medical bills means less disposable income to buy gold.

Its all I've got, but it sounds plausible.

Dipstik
09-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Captain, that is a question I thought long and hard over, and have not come up with a good theory. The best I could do is that g****s can be made into wine... Wine can get you drunk... Getting drunk a lot can...

Lead to taking sexual liberties against the will of the other party.

Mistress Nikita
09-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Lead to taking sexual liberties against the will of the other party.

^^^ Possibly a more realistic explanation.

MattThomas08
09-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Monte, I'm no girl but I'll pretend if I can get into those panties.

PM sent! Thanks.

Sounds like we are on the same page. See you tonight.

You two need to bang and get it over with.

1. Jealous?
2. They could already be banging. They act like a married couple. Actually, they're probably not banging.

Butt Futter
09-10-2013, 08:41 AM
You got it MT. It's a lovers triangle. lol

Rodimus
09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Ques the Akon titled song "Locked Up"

Mistress Nikita
09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
You got it MT. It's a lovers triangle. lol

Can we ditch a vertex and become a straight line? ;)

Butt Futter
09-11-2013, 04:23 AM
Can we ditch a vertex and become a straight line? ;)

Do it like they do on the discovery channel.

Sirius
09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Guys,

Clean up the language your using and note the forum rules/guidelines. Some of the things you are saying are pushing the walls of decency here.

I've shared this thread with our teams and will be locking this thread for various reasons.

/Closed