PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate Forum Character Limit

(BF) Tuna
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Why? The game seemed to work just fine when there was no character limit (or when the limit was actually reasonable).

300, or however many it is, is simply not enough. The least you could have done, GREE, was to let the person who's posting know that they've exceeded the limit, or outright limit the amount of characters they're allowed to type. Instead, the game force-closes... Which is so convenient, words cannot express.

Look... Those few short sentences above would have exceeded the limit (or just about. 300, 320... I've heard a couple different #'s).

So... Can we up the limit to something more reasonable? Say, 1000 (at least)?? If you feel that's TL;DR... You should revisit elementary school.

This is less than 900 characters. This is a reasonable amount to post in the Syndicate forum. Especially when you have members who do not wish to join 3rd party chat apps.

BigMoney
09-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I didn't even realize there was a character limit until I was trying to copy/paste stats to the syn forum for the 1-2 members of our syn who refuse to switch (or the chat app doesn't work on their phone or something, who knows). Syn forum is useless, so I've stopped using it. They can set the character limit to whatever they want and it won't affect me now.

(BF) Tuna
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
The syndicate forum is useless if you have 100% participation on a 3rd party chat app...
Not everyone has that & 300 characters is not sufficient.

Your story is really good though. I'm glad to know it doesn't affect you. Thank you for sharing.

cubic
09-08-2013, 11:16 AM
The synd forum has never been very useful.

I never understod why they kept the logs now that they implented the rankinglists, atleast get rid of those logs. And improve the charachter limit, as it is way too low.

Having +50 members daily donating makes it a real pain to just open the forum, thank god for 3rd part chat apps :)

(BF) Tuna
09-08-2013, 11:21 AM
The synd forum has never been very useful.

I never understod why they kept the logs now that they implented the rankinglists, atleast get rid of those logs. And improve the charachter limit, as it is way too low.

Having +50 members daily donating makes it a real pain to just open the forum, thank god for 3rd part chat apps :)

This is where one of the bigshots comes in & says, "Well just promote everyone to officer so they can delete posts"

No... just no... The donation log in the synd forum is DUMB. Please remove that, GREE.

sister morphine
09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Why? The game seemed to work just fine when there was no character limit (or when the limit was actually reasonable).

300, or however many it is, is simply not enough. The least you could have done, GREE, was to let the person who's posting know that they've exceeded the limit, or outright limit the amount of characters they're allowed to type. Instead, the game force-closes... Which is so convenient, words cannot express.

Look... Those few short sentences above would have exceeded the limit (or just about. 300, 320... I've heard a couple different #'s).

So... Can we up the limit to something more reasonable? Say, 1000 (at least)?? If you feel that's TL;DR... You should revisit elementary school.

This is less than 900 characters. This is a reasonable amount to post in the Syndicate forum. Especially when you have members who do not wish to join 3rd party chat apps.
It's the same for in-game walls.

Think of the positives. No more can Big Shotty and his threadbare hangers-on post those interminable messages