PDA

View Full Version : Gree, can you make an event to commemorate the 9/11 attacks?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, it seems like a good idea to me. It's been 12 full years since the 9/11 attacks and I think it would be a good way to remember them.
Lockbox, LTQ, I don't care. What do you think?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Edit: Claude Frollo ends on 9/11 so we could have a special boss

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 09:19 AM
****BUMP****

Ser
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
I agree that would be cool or even a free
Unit that is indestructible unit and it could
Be like first reponders truck or something

mkdubbn
09-08-2013, 09:27 AM
****BUMP****
Kill din ladin

mkdubbn
09-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree that would be cool or even a free
Unit that is indestructible unit and it could
Be like first reponders truck or something
First responder for the big prize.

Blue_Flames
09-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Love this idea. Gree, if you do this make sure almost everyone can complete it. Seeing thousands of bases with an 'unraidable' World Trade Center or some kind of monument would be amazing.

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Love this idea. Gree, if you do this make sure almost everyone can complete it. Seeing thousands of bases with an 'unraidable' World Trade Center or some kind of monument would be amazing.
That's very cool love it.

Zulfiqaar
09-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Great idea!! There should be another event in november to commemorate the fallujah genocide too (2004)
A few more events to mark historic incidents eg hiroshima atom bomb, gaza phosphorus raid, syrian massacre, bosnian genocide, rwanda ethnic cleansing too...only fair

i disagree with an unraidable wtc building...first responders truck sounds good though :)

bigman
09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Myb somthing to remember the fire fighters . Will be nice too like a fire track unit

IlliniFan1
09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
This an awesome idea. I support this completely.

Justicebork
09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I look forward to Gree's ham-fisted 8-bit tribute to America's heroes. The misspellings and historical inaccuracies are sure to please folks far and wide.

On the bright side, the war profiteer label would stick pretty firmly to the development team.

Long dong silver
09-08-2013, 10:27 AM
+1 from me. Excellent idea. Especially the fire unit tribute. Gree need to implement this

Cheers
Lee

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I look forward to Gree's ham-fisted 8-bit tribute to America's heroes. The misspellings and historical inaccuracies are sure to please folks far and wide.

On the bright side, the war profiteer label would stick pretty firmly to the development team.

LOL Gree please make it a fair event, even if its just this once.

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 11:53 AM
***BUMP***

Starling
09-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm a fireman in a big city but not in New York. I was in duty that day and the pain is indescribable for all. I do like this idea though. But Gree I do ask that you tread lightly here if you decide to do this. Do it right. Listen to some of these suggestions as they're are good. Make it honorable, achievable, and mind-blowing. You have a great opportunity here.

To all the firemen and cops and other responders, I salute you.

Local 43

HayeZeus
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Great idea......and after they're done with this they can commemorate 50000 other things that have happened around the world as well in the last 12 years that matter to people who are not American. DERP

Gratismax
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Gree, I love this idea. While the last point made is relevant (this is a global game with a global customer base), I would wager it's a country like the United States of America that makes the creation of a company like Gree and games like we all play possible. I would personally enjoy something special to commemorate 9/11, which did have global ramifications. Let's pay tribute to our country (USA) and those who serve (overworked and underpaid) to keep us all safe from Crime to disasters and everything in between, officers, firefighters, medics, etc.

Starling
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Great idea......and after they're done with this they can commemorate 50000 other things that have happened around the world as well in the last 12 years that matter to people who are not American. DERP
HayeZues I get what you're saying here. I would support any tribute to world events that Gree does for any worldwide injustice. American or not isn't the issue as thousands of people of many nationalities we slaughtered on 9-11. But I'm curious as to what country you are in and what historical events you would like to suggest out of the 50,000 non-American events you're talking about that Gree should pay tribute?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 01:33 PM
HayeZeus, I seriously suggest you should be more respectful of those who died on September 11. Hundreds of NON AMERICANS were also killed by the terrorists that day.
How would YOU feel if your family members died that day?

Gunfighter
09-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I think a tribute to first responders would be most fitting. It honors the heroes of that terrible day, but it also honors the brave men and women all over the world who put they're lives on the line for others.

KFH
09-08-2013, 03:05 PM
HayeZeus, I seriously suggest you should be more respectful of those who died on September 11. Hundreds of NON AMERICANS were also killed by the terrorists that day.
How would YOU feel if your family members died that day?you missed his point and he wasn't showing any disrespect. It's a valid point that this would and should open it up to a tribute in every country we battle in.

i like the tribute to fire and first responders around the world

Exxtraterrestrial
09-08-2013, 03:50 PM
you missed his point and he wasn't showing any disrespect. It's a valid point that this would and should open it up to a tribute in every country we battle in.

i like the tribute to fire and first responders around the world

That's a valid point actually KFH ur right.

HayeZeus
09-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm an American, and a highly conservative American at that.

How about the 200,000+ people that died from the tsunami in 2004? There was just a WD event in India too.... What about the 50,000+ plus people killed in the ongoing Mexican drug wars? The 200,000 people killed in Darfur, or the earthquake that demolished Haiti?

You get my point, the world sucks.

shaman01
09-08-2013, 04:56 PM
issue is too sensitive to make an event around it. and to the guy that suggested hijacked airliner as a reward unit please learn some respect

Nyislesfan
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't like it. While I respect the desire of the millions to commemorate the event, I respect the desire of the thousands who would rather forget it even more. I'm sure a few of them play this game. And I'm sure they don't play this game to be reminded of that day or any other whacked out day in history for that matter. This is a game. Not exactly an appropriate place to commemorate an event where thousands of American civilians lost their lives.

DFI
09-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Guys, this is a game. Lets not mix national tragedies and a game where people fuss over whether something looks like the twin towers, whether the origin of a building is correct, etc. Gree has shown to be unable to get dates correct, geographies on target, etc. lets not complicate things when the bare minimum goes unaddressed.

General Soviet
09-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I sighed when I saw this thread title, because I knew what argument would occur.

This is a game, a war game at that. It's not the place to bring up topics that are still quite touchy today. As others said, we don't commemorate events that were incredibly worse in the game, and this event shouldn't get special treatment.

Johnjohnb4
09-08-2013, 08:02 PM
How would YOU feel if your family members died that day?
Point is, there would be too many events to commemorate. If America gets one, then it would make since for every other massacre/disaster from every other country to get one. That being said, 9/11 victims originated from several different countries and cultures. Still not enough I think, since its the 12th year. Maybe the 10th or 100th, but not 12th.

Lastly, you directed at someone else, "How would you feel if your family members died that day?" As for myself, I didn't lose anyone, but had I, I wouldn't be lobbying and insulting other countries for pixels.

General Ranger
09-08-2013, 08:22 PM
issue is too sensitive to make an event around it. and to the guy that suggested hijacked airliner as a reward unit please learn some respect

Finally someone with some sense.

CYBER
09-08-2013, 08:50 PM
This is a great idea, however instead of some money building that can or cannot be raided, something like American flag as a monument. We already have “Triumphal Arc” for 150G.
Just a decoration would suffice, therefore people who don’t want it, don’t have to use it and its not going to effect anyone’s income or stat.

Zulfiqaar
09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
This is a great idea, however instead of some money building that can or cannot be raided, something like American flag as a monument. We already have “Triumphal Arc” for 150G.
Just a decoration would suffice, therefore people who don’t want it, don’t have to use it and its not going to effect anyone’s income or stat.

Nah..if anyone wants a flag they can do barrel art. Let them do that to commemorate the incident, and post on forum for all to view.

Trebor
09-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Being from ny and on scene that day, this is by far the dumbest thing ever suggested With that said I'm sure gree will do it. And I will boycott that event

Tournai
09-09-2013, 02:34 AM
its Like THe Twin Towers as an LE building!

That would be crazy, you can see it in 2 ways!

* to honor the twin towers
* or in a negative way, like it is an insult to USA

Dan Cai
09-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Great idea hopefully gree do something but do it properly this time. No mistake as you're company cannot afford to fcuk this up.

Tito89
09-09-2013, 03:29 AM
the controversy for such an event would be immense to say the least. people will either love it or hate it, sparking outrage in the modern war community. if this kind of event were to happen it should be like the rae monsoon reward, where you can get a free unit, but you have the option not to accept it.

War lord
09-09-2013, 03:51 AM
It's just like any other event, some people luv it some hate it, myself I would luv to see mw dedicate somthin to 9/11

OW4126
09-09-2013, 04:07 AM
I'm probably a nobody but I personally think it's pointless to go back and forth. How about make a poll to see how many people agree and disagree with the idea? If more people agree then gree certainly must see it. If more disagree then we can discard the whole idea and solve this argument.

WI(AusNz)
09-09-2013, 04:48 AM
The idea is discusting.

This game is built to generate money for gree. Gree would therefore be commercializing and profiteering from a terrible tragedy that cost 1000s of lives and lead to 2 wars that claimed over 100,000 lives.

Have some respect.

Exxtraterrestrial
09-09-2013, 05:28 AM
The idea is discusting.

This game is built to generate money for gree. Gree would therefore be commercializing and profiteering from a terrible tragedy that cost 1000s of lives and lead to 2 wars that claimed over 100,000 lives.

Have some respect.

Gree doesn't have to make money on this event IF they even DO it.
One event that's free won't hurt Gree that much.

SGT Rud
09-09-2013, 05:38 AM
I would like to say that this is a game, not a commemorative to anything. When you bring up emotionally charged incidents, there will be more drama and bickering in this game than there already is. There should not be a tribute to anything. I like the idea of it, because of who I am, but others are not going to feel the same. This is not an American game, it is a game played with people around the world, real people. You cannot just take some event that one country holds dear and cram it down the rest of the worlds throat. I mean, if you truely hold this event to your heart, something you can remember, do you honestly want a gaming and advertising company to be making money off it.

I agree with Trebor above. I have already lived once through this, and would not compete in that event. If you have some type of negative comment to reflect from what I just wrote. I invite you to PM it to me. Then I will forward you a stapler and my Purple Heart. Then you can staple it to your forehead. I didnt spend 3 years of my life with sand and grit in my eyes to have someone later in life suggest a way to try and commemorate the occasion by making money off it.

Thanks for just adding a poll. I will NOT vote on such... This topic is disgusting.

Killa Chunk
09-09-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm an American, and a highly conservative American at that.

How about the 200,000+ people that died from the tsunami in 2004? There was just a WD event in India too.... What about the 50,000+ plus people killed in the ongoing Mexican drug wars? The 200,000 people killed in Darfur, or the earthquake that demolished Haiti?

You get my point, the world sucks.

Lets not forgot the Boston Marathon bombing, Oklahoma City bombing, Aurora Colorado shooting, Sandy Hook shooting, DC sniper victims 2002, Madrid Subway Bombing 2004, Atlanta Olympics bombing, Bath School Disaster 1927, Wall Street Bombing 1920, Holocaust victims, 7/7 London Bombings of 2005, Any of the IRA bombings in London from 1973-1997, The French freighter La Coubre bombing 1960 near Cuba, Victims of Rwanada Genecide 1994, Hiroshima, D-Day, Tiananmen square China, Great Purge in Russia 1930's, Pan Am Flight 103, Mumbai terrorist attack India, Domodedovo Airport bomb on 1/24/2007 in Russia, Passover Massacre Israel 3/27/2002, Cambodian Genocide 1.7 million late 1970's, USS Cole bombing, Virginia Tech Shooting, Fort Hood Shooting, Columbine, BP oil Spill, Black September Munich Olympics, Moore Oklahoma Tornado, US embassy attack in Bengazhi...

Come on, Pearl Harbor's 72nd anniversary is coming up on December 7th!

Definitely need to have a special unit/building for all of these too.

Thief
09-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm a fireman in a big city but not in New York. I was in duty that day and the pain is indescribable for all. I do like this idea though. But Gree I do ask that you tread lightly here if you decide to do this. Do it right. Listen to some of these suggestions as they're are good. Make it honorable, achievable, and mind-blowing. You have a great opportunity here.

To all the firemen and cops and other responders, I salute you.

Local 43

First thank you for your service as its greatly appreciated and secondly this is exactly what i would remind gree to do as well. Tread Carefully as i'm sure there are some who could find it offensive if not.

Hub_Master_General
09-09-2013, 07:46 AM
I love the "Unraidable World Trade Center" idea Might have to call it the "Global Commerce Towers" as I'm sure there's some copyright issues.

Who dares wins
09-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Battle for USA ?? Ltd building tower x2 twin towers ??

Viva la Revolution
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
like many others said befor when gree would release the twin towers(or something else), every other country which had a tragedy like that would also need tho have something who reminds it. And if Gree reminds the twin tower attacks they would also need to remind all the people who died after this in the illigal irag wars. That's just my opinion. I hope everybody can understand my english :)

Exxtraterrestrial
09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Lets not forgot the Boston Marathon bombing, Oklahoma City bombing, Aurora Colorado shooting, Sandy Hook shooting, DC sniper victims 2002, Madrid Subway Bombing 2004, Atlanta Olympics bombing, Bath School Disaster 1927, Wall Street Bombing 1920, Holocaust victims, 7/7 London Bombings of 2005, Any of the IRA bombings in London from 1973-1997, The French freighter La Coubre bombing 1960 near Cuba, Victims of Rwanada Genecide 1994, Hiroshima, D-Day, Tiananmen square China, Great Purge in Russia 1930's, Pan Am Flight 103, Mumbai terrorist attack India, Domodedovo Airport bomb on 1/24/2007 in Russia, Passover Massacre Israel 3/27/2002, Cambodian Genocide 1.7 million late 1970's, USS Cole bombing, Virginia Tech Shooting, Fort Hood Shooting, Columbine, BP oil Spill, Black September Munich Olympics, Moore Oklahoma Tornado, US embassy attack in Bengazhi...

Come on, Pearl Harbor's 72nd anniversary is coming up on December 7th!

Definitely need to have a special unit/building for all of these too.

Let's just put it this way. All countries' tragedies should be remembered.

Killa Chunk
09-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Let's just put it this way. All countries' tragedies should be remembered.

Definitely... so on the date Sept 11th, we should get a unit/building for each of the following events... since they all occurred on 9/11 in different countries (I'd put Bengazhi on there, but USA already has one tragedy unit/building for that day). I like this idea! Lets make the units 1000a/d each!

2012 – Pakistan - A total of 315 people are killed in two garment factory fires
2003 – Sweden - foreign minister Anna Lindh assassinated
2001 - USA - World Trade centers
1997 – Estonia - 14 soldiers die in the Kurkse tragedy, drowning in the Baltic Sea
1988 – Haiti - The St Jean Bosco massacre takes place in Port-au-Prince.
1973 - Chile - Chilean coup d'état (not really a tragedy, just thought it was interesting)
1971 – Egypt - The Egyptian Constitution becomes official (also not a tragedy, just thought it was interesting)

bigman
09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
And the Jews ,, omg the Jews 6 million . Ohh god ,, ohhhh god

sjekkie
09-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Its a good idea to do something

keeskiller
09-10-2013, 07:29 AM
don't make an event!! Give a free unit. Like the Rae Monsoon 225/225 air?

only FireFighter 150/150? IDC

DFI
09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
don't make an event!! Give a free unit. Like the Rae Monsoon 225/225 air?

only FireFighter 150/150? IDC

If a free unit gets rid of this idea, I'd be all for it.