PDA

View Full Version : Bluestacks Modern War players on IOS are still locked out

Agent Orange
09-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Just checked some of my test accounts and it looks like those on IOS are still out of luck, those on Win7 seem to be working.

On IOS, booting the app results in a black screen followed by a message saying "application failure detected try again".

Blade of 3
09-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Just download the Android or Kindle version.

General Ranger
09-07-2013, 05:15 PM

Android is bad enough on a phone, why on earth wo you want to run that on blue stacks ...

Blade of 3
09-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Android is bad enough on a phone, why on earth wo you want to run that on blue stacks ...

Besides the occasional force closing, I PREFER to play on Android version. Everything is much faster and smoother. My Bluestacks on Android almost runs as fast as my account on my iPod...

v8mustang
09-07-2013, 05:48 PM
This is new to me.

I already have an account on my iPhone. Can I use Bluestacks to run the game already started from iPhone?

Zulfiqaar
09-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Bluestacks never worked for me...it says "application failure" first time opening, after i retry it freezes while loading
ive left it overnight to load so i know its more than slow running
any tips? ive always wanted a llp..

Agent Orange
09-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Nope on the IOS version MW opens to either a black screen or shows the splash screen for a couple of seconds and then crashes. Seems to be a problem only on IOS and only with the latest version of MW for Android.

In terms of how it used to work, on my test LG 'smart phone' (oxymoron) MW crashes and freezes with great regularity almost making the game unplayable. On our test Android tablets running 4.1 the game is slow and fairly playable.

When Bluestacks was able to run MW on our iMac and MacBook Pros it was actually quite fast and was more stable than the LG phone. The real PITA was on the iMac and 'Magic Mouse' you could not easily shrink your base. On the MacBook you could pinch and swipe same as the iPad.

My best guess is that Gree made some fixes to the way the game displayed but this broke whatever kludge Bluestacks was using to get the game to work on IOS.

Bluestacks on Win7 seems to work just fine, but that doesn't help me much since I happened to transfer leadership of a test faction I was working on onto one of my IOS Bluestacks players who is no longer able to access the game! And since I can't get at the player I can't send in a ticket.

Hmm or it could be Bluestacks itself. Firefox for Android was just installed and it barfs in exactly the same manner as MW.

SleetusMaXXXimus
11-02-2013, 04:26 AM
i also have the same problem,i have macbook & have not been able to open modern war on bluestacks since day before wd in france,however cc still works fine....ive tried many versions of mw but some either fail to load,crash or freeze laptop.bluestacks support is terrible.

Agent Orange
11-02-2013, 06:36 AM
I think the devs stopped working on it a while back. At least the OSX version seems dead in the water. Pity, it was interesting.

Admiral Sato
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Maybe Gree has figured out the Bluestacks loophole and stopped supporting games run through it....or maybe not LoL

Agent Orange
11-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Most likely not. This is more a matter of Bluestacks not working with OSX memory allocation/

mreilly
11-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Haven't people been complaining about blue stacks for Mac for many months now? Its running fine on my windows machine although yesterday it had a bunch of new screens ive never seen before. It was rather confusing at first but i Managed to get it all up and running.