PDA

View Full Version : Raid vs. Attack

bxhx
09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
I've played the game for a little over a year now, and only recently realized something.
Scenario:
I go to a rival's base. I attack him and get $300k. I attack him again. I lose $30k. I say to myself, "Self, take out his Level 10 composite factory and then you won't lose." I use 3 hits and LVL 10 CF is gone. I then go back and hit my rival for $300k. Everything is great in the world. Except that I continue to hit said rival for only 6 more times before it tells me I can't hit him anymore.

Here's the point, I've always known that I can attack a rival 12 times. But since when do raids count against that 12 hit total. ( I know I can raid until the base is completely destroyed.) I have tested this with different amounts of hits on boost buildings and always get the same result.

My question is, has this always been the case, or am I the only one?

Dealer204
09-05-2013, 09:32 AM
From what ive experienced, you can raid as many times as you want, but as soon as you hit 12 raids or attacks, you can no longer att, only raid..

Hassleham
09-05-2013, 09:36 AM
It works that way for some stupid reason.

Here's what happened to me:
Someone attacked me and lost, so on my news feed i could only attack them to get to their base (as opposed to be able to raid when you lose a fight to someone). I raided them a load of times and then closed the game. When i came back an hour later to check if more of their buildings were ready to collect, i got the "too weak" message, even though i'd only attacked them once. So the raids do count towards the attack limit.

As a side note, with all these new buildings giving people high IPH, 300k is a tiny amount of cash in game now, therefore i would advise you don't waste valuable XP and levels on stealing such a small amount of cash from someone.
If you're already up in the whale zone, then ignore this advice :p

Mcdoc
09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah but a full 12 Raids @ 300k each - 3.6 million is not such a small booty :)

Bndawgs
09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
should have vaulted the money after each hit.

bxhx
09-05-2013, 12:42 PM
should have vaulted the money after each hit.

I was way over vault to start with...lol

Hassleham
09-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Yeah but a full 12 Raids @ 300k each - 3.6 million is not such a small booty :)

Only just remembered to check back on this thread. 3.6 million at the cost of 100 - 200xp isn't worth it! Unless you are in the whale zone and levelling doesn't matter any more..