PDA

View Full Version : Duffle Bag Lockbox

Assault and Flattery
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
You guessed it - collect 10 Bloody Hatchets to get the best prize!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/dufflebaglockbox_zpsdafcf641.jpg?t=1378323124

Along the way, get more stuff for doing what you're already doing :

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/bloodymudrer_zps86d9fdfa.jpg

and you know uh, when you finish those you get the super awesome Tesla Sportscar.

MattThomas08
09-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Cool. Finally a use for all those arcade tokens I have saved up over the years.

Gingeasian
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM
wow first the 25% now another 5%, these modifiers are stacking nicely

Timmaaay
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
A&F could you provide the prize list for the "crime spree" event running concurrently please? Is this like the last collect 10 where there were other items that could be collected to gain another "final" prize? (not sure what else to call it)

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/dufflebaglockbox_zpsdafcf641.jpg?t=1378323124

ploop
09-04-2013, 03:31 PM
What about the other 2 goals? what are the prizes for them?

sricc
09-04-2013, 03:32 PM
anyone know whats the min level required to participate in this?

The_
09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
There is another quest involving duffle bags where you collect certain items to earn the Tesla Sportscar, it is called "Bloody Murder," I'm sure he/she will post about it soon. In addition, there is an event called "Crime Spree" where you can collect other items inside the duffle bags to earn prizes.

BigMoney
09-04-2013, 04:25 PM
A&F could you provide the prize list for the "crime spree" event running concurrently please? Is this like the last collect 10 where there were other items that could be collected to gain another "final" prize? (not sure what else to call it)

There is another quest involving duffle bags where you collect certain items to earn the Tesla Sportscar, it is called "Bloody Murder," I'm sure he/she will post about it soon. In addition, there is an event called "Crime Spree" where you can collect other items inside the duffle bags to earn prizes.

The prize for getting all the collectibles is called the Tesla Sportscar (6771/4514). Probably similar to the Quick Getaway, but more eco-friendly. :rolleyes:

CohibAA
09-04-2013, 04:27 PM

and you know uh, when you finish those you get the super awesome Tesla Sportscar.

Something is off... the game goal list says "Collect the Borrowed Trouble and receive the Ancient Blade" so the rewards for "Crime Spree" are not listed correctly... it seems you posted the requirements, not the rewards.

edit: It would also be nice to know the stats for the Tesla Supercar.

Thanks!

Gingeasian
09-04-2013, 04:38 PM
So am i correct in assuming that you must complete the Bloody Murder and the Crime Spree to receive the Tesla Sports car

The_
09-04-2013, 04:48 PM
So am i correct in assuming that you must complete the Bloody Murder and the Crime Spree to receive the Tesla Sports car
Not quite. You only need to collect the Blood Murder's quest items to get the car. No specification if or what the ultimate prize for crime spree will be.

out of names
09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I think gree made.the % of getting anythibg lower, 2 blnt's in a row, havent had that at begining of a collect 10 in a while

The_
09-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I think gree made.the % of getting anythibg lower, 2 blnt's in a row, havent had that at begining of a collect 10 in a while
Tbh I could care less about the other 2 quests, only the modded 5% gun attack is important to me because I can stack that with the sweet vengence. The reason why there are two other quests involving duffle bags is to lower the chances of getting 10 bloody hatchets and thus decreases the chances of getting the ultimate prize, resulting in people spending more money for gold. The person who thought of this marketing technique is a genius.

BigMoney
09-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Tbh I could care less about the other 2 quests, only the modded 5% gun attack is important to me because I can stack that with the sweet vengence. The reason why there are two other quests involving duffle bags is to lower the chances of getting 10 bloody hatchets and thus decreases the chances of getting the ultimate prize, resulting in people spending more money for gold. The person who thought of this marketing technique is a genius.

No, not really. You might have a point had they still included the old [worthless] loot items, e.g. Enhanced Bikes, Hitman's Sniper Rifles, etc. But they've replaced all the "loot" items with the collectible loot items, which have somewhat more decent stats, as well as awarding a nice prize for collecting them all. Because GREE drastically increased the odds of winning the final prize in a collect-10, they needed to have some sort of secondary goal for the players who blast through the event with gold opens the moment it starts. Winning the 10-item in a collect-10 is very, very easy to do now, even without gold. It is quite easy to collect 10 bloody hatchets, and certainly lightyears easier than how it was during the old Collect-10s. Your biggest obstacle to receiving the Tesla Sportscar is repeatedly receiving the same loot item(s) over and over again, when you only have 1-2 left to collect.

bald zeemer
09-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm incredibly happy that the new 2-part format (well, 3-part now, although that 3rd seems to basically be an item giveaway) appears to be permanent.

Well done, Gree. Again. :)

Fredfreddy
09-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Something is off... the game goal list says "Collect the Borrowed Trouble and receive the Ancient Blade" so the rewards for "Crime Spree" are not listed correctly... it seems you posted the requirements, not the rewards.

Thanks!

This...

Anyone know the reward for crime sorts 1, 2, and 3?

in-game j
09-04-2013, 06:25 PM
No, not really. You might have a point had they still included the old [worthless] loot items, e.g. Enhanced Bikes, Hitman's Sniper Rifles, etc. But they've replaced all the "loot" items with the collectible loot items, which have somewhat more decent stats, as well as awarding a nice prize for collecting them all. Because GREE drastically increased the odds of winning the final prize in a collect-10, they needed to have some sort of secondary goal for the players who blast through the event with gold opens the moment it starts. Winning the 10-item in a collect-10 is very, very easy to do now, even without gold. It is quite easy to collect 10 bloody hatchets, and certainly lightyears easier than how it was during the old Collect-10s. Your biggest obstacle to receiving the Tesla Sportscar is repeatedly receiving the same loot item(s) over and over again, when you only have 1-2 left to collect.

big money - you get the Tesla yet?

bald zeemer
09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
One of them was the common LE bonus item from a few sets ago, 800 stat explosive.

CohibAA
09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
This...

Anyone know the reward for crime sorts 1, 2, and 3?

Got a popup with the Tesla stats, at least.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1maVKVklf2g/Uifu98WQuLI/AAAAAAAAEBQ/_TVp2A5Eemk/s400/Tesla_Sportscar.png (http://crimecitysyndicate.blogspot.com/2013/09/duffle-bag-cases-bloody-murder-crime.html)

bald zeemer
09-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Correction to my last. Reward for 3 is "keg blast", 147atk explosive.

SOGO
09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I see no value-add in the Crime Spree quest at all, its as if Gree was just looking for an excuse to slap an extra 900 or so XP on to a case event.

Guisseppe17
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I see no value-add in the Crime Spree quest at all, its as if Gree was just looking for an excuse to slap an extra 900 or so XP on to a case event.
Nailed it.

Iron Mike
09-04-2013, 09:16 PM

This whole event has me confused, so forgive me, but Where does the 900 or so XP come from?

XP collection of late is driving me nuts. I'm surprised I don't get XP every time I enter the game.

BigMoney
09-04-2013, 09:24 PM
This whole event has me confused, so forgive me, but Where does the 900 or so XP come from?

XP collection of late is driving me nuts. I'm surprised I don't get XP every time I enter the game.

The pop-up upon "goal completion." E.g. "Crime Spree (1/3)" awards 291xp, $1000, 2500RP, and the Ancient Blade (30/46). In other words, four things I don't need.

TMI
09-04-2013, 09:26 PM
The pop-up upon "goal completion." E.g. "Crime Spree (1/3)" awards 291xp, $1000, 2500RP, and the Ancient Blade (30/46). In other words, four things I don't need.

LOL
characters

Iron Mike
09-04-2013, 09:56 PM

So I could just get super lucky and draw this amazing prize while opening duffel bags for the collect 10? Sounds amazing. I'm chubbing up just thinking about it.

SOGO
09-04-2013, 09:57 PM

Crime Spree 2/3 is $1,000, 291xp, 2,500RP and a WS Laser Rifle, which probably also doesn't move BM's stats a hair.

3/3 will include a reward of 291xp or more, hence the 900xp or so.

Iron Mike
09-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Crime Spree 2/3 is $1,000, 291xp, 2,500RP and a WS Laser Rifle, which probably also doesn't move BM's stats a hair.

3/3 will include a reward of 291xp or more, hence the 900xp or so.

Well luckily I've gotten only one hatchet with my five BLNTs. LOL

warrends
09-05-2013, 04:06 AM
Vietnam visa is exempted for which cases?
vietnam visa (http://visavietnam.pro)
Visitors to Vietnam generally have to obtain a visa, however, there are exceptions such as:

Everyone just report this guy as spam.

And thank you for the duffle bag explanations. somewhat new to CC (MW and KA veteran). But was confused by the dual or triple bag events.

New question:
I am level 12. 17K/14K or so. Only been playing for 3 weeks or so. Bags drop at low rate from map missions. Higher rate from PvP attacks. Do they drop from robberies? I'm still low level and my next mission is to attack someone. As soon as I do that I unlock a slew of "Get xx mafia" missions which will give me tons of XP. I have over 100 mafia (unlocked the Loft). So I don't want to attack anyone. Robberies, on the other hand, are fine. So do they drop bags?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Fredfreddy
09-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Everyone just report this guy as spam.

And thank you for the duffle bag explanations. somewhat new to CC (MW and KA veteran). But was confused by the dual or triple bag events.

New question:
I am level 12. 17K/14K or so. Only been playing for 3 weeks or so. Bags drop at low rate from map missions. Higher rate from PvP attacks. Do they drop from robberies? I'm still low level and my next mission is to attack someone. As soon as I do that I unlock a slew of "Get xx mafia" missions which will give me tons of XP. I have over 100 mafia (unlocked the Loft). So I don't want to attack anyone. Robberies, on the other hand, are fine. So do they drop bags?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Yes they do, I get all my collect 10 stuff from robs.

Back on topic, that's really obnoxious, the 900ish pointless XP. Basically this removes bag events from the camper's stat gain options. Not only that, there's a risk you get the 900ish XP but don't get the Tesla nor the Collect-10 prize (if you completed Crime Spree, the easiest of the 3 active case related events, but not the other 2)

Bad form.

BigMoney
09-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Yes they do, I get all my collect 10 stuff from robs.

Back on topic, that's really obnoxious, the 900ish pointless XP. Basically this removes bag events from the camper's stat gain options. Not only that, there's a risk you get the 900ish XP but don't get the Tesla nor the Collect-10 prize (if you completed Crime Spree, the easiest of the 3 active case related events, but not the other 2)

Bad form.

The game wasn't designed to encourage camping anyway, and GREE has said so themselves. Don't you worry, though, Syndicate LTQs and certain events to come during war will surely entrench camping as the dominant playstyle further, though.

Fredfreddy
09-05-2013, 05:47 AM
The game wasn't designed to encourage camping anyway, and GREE has said so themselves. Don't you worry, though, Syndicate LTQs and certain events to come during war will surely entrench camping as the dominant playstyle further, though.

True, it wasn't, but camping is what gets your IPH competitive, and was a really good strategy before syndicate wars and stat inflation. Seems that's obsolete now. If you started playing the game today I don't think camping makes much sense anymore. I wouldn't fully discard it if you've been camping for 2 years though, you need to find a happy middle. I can't call myself a true camper anymore, there's too much stat gain available, but I'm also not plowing through every event (especially LTQs) as that will just get me to the shark tank that much sooner, and my daily income will suffer because I'll start getting robbed again. It's nice literally never getting robbed.

BTW, "certain events to come during war"... do tell!! or are you in some sort of NDA? or just conjecture?

Butt Futter
09-05-2013, 06:02 AM
True, it wasn't, but camping is what gets your IPH competitive, and was a really good strategy before syndicate wars and stat inflation. Seems that's obsolete now. If you started playing the game today I don't think camping makes much sense anymore. I wouldn't fully discard it if you've been camping for 2 years though, you need to find a happy middle. I can't call myself a true camper anymore, there's too much stat gain available, but I'm also not plowing through every event (especially LTQs) as that will just get me to the shark tank that much sooner, and my daily income will suffer because I'll start getting robbed again. It's nice literally never getting robbed.

BTW, "certain events to come during war"... do tell!! or are you in some sort of NDA? or just conjecture?

There are events in KA and MW during syndicate wars. He's posturing that they will be done here also.

BigMoney
09-05-2013, 06:41 AM

The main reason to camp is that it's much easier to be a big fish in a small pond. LTQs, if you can do them to completion, are a good trade of XP for stats for anyone outside a Top 10 syndicate. Further, I'd argue it's much easier to improve your IPH at higher levels than lower levels-- I have access to far richer hoods to rob at high levels than at low levels.

Fredfreddy
09-05-2013, 07:12 AM
The main reason to camp is that it's much easier to be a big fish in a small pond. LTQs, if you can do them to completion, are a good trade of XP for stats for anyone outside a Top 10 syndicate. Further, I'd argue it's much easier to improve your IPH at higher levels than lower levels-- I have access to far richer hoods to rob at high levels than at low levels.

It would be a trade off. Right now I don't rob anyone because I never find anything worth my time, ie that's worth putting myself in their news feeds because my IPH (around 5mm) is always way higher than theirs. If I were at L200 or so, you're right, I'd have more robs that were worth it, because I wouldn't care about revenge as much since my 6, 18, 20, and probably 26 hour buildings would be getting hit all the time anyway.

The trade off is "time invested in playing the game." Because I don't rob or pvp normally, that's hours I don't have to go slogging through hoods (doesn't help that I have an iPhone 4, that will hopefully change in a week), but since I don't get robbed, I'm actually able to collect lazily my max IPH on a daily basis without having to marry myself to a timer. I also made a mini so I can still help my (top 75) syndicate during PVPs and SLTQs. I think I already play this game a ton (and I don't play KA or MW), and I think I'd get burned out or possibly divorced if I had to constantly rob and max out every event to stay competitive. (full disclosure, I'm a free player, but that's probably obvious now)

Kinda the nice thing about this game, there are lots of different play styles, but definitely less if you started playing in 2013.

TheWarthog
09-05-2013, 07:43 AM
So far the duffle bag event is a bust for me. 8-9 openings, 1 hatchet. I'm wasting my time here.

Fredfreddy
09-05-2013, 08:00 AM
So far the duffle bag event is a bust for me. 8-9 openings, 1 hatchet. I'm wasting my time here.

Law of averages will win out. The Bizarro you just got 8 hatchets in a row. Wouldn't advise giving up.

Media
09-05-2013, 08:06 AM
How to get the Quick And Dirty (Nloody Murder)??

Fredfreddy
09-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Along the way, get more stuff for doing what you're already doing :

A&F would you mind correcting the Crime Spree reward info?

Monty31
09-05-2013, 10:30 AM

Thanks!

The stats for car are 6771 attack, 4514 defence

The Fonz
09-05-2013, 01:07 PM
How to get the Quick And Dirty (Bloody Murder)??
It will be a random drop, just like all of the other listed items. If it's the last item needed to acquire the Tesla Sportscar, not much you can do but keep opening duffel bags until one drops.

The Fonz
09-05-2013, 01:14 PM
For those who haven't received the splash screen of the Tesla:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2eb4ro6.png

kgod
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Naming weapons after serial killers and rapists? Classy Gree.

BigMoney
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
A&F would you mind correcting the Crime Spree reward info?

Crime Spree 1/3 gives the Ancient Blade (30/46).
Crime Spree 3/3 gives the Keg Blast (147/220).

Not sure what Crime Spree 2/3 gives, because I got the West Side Beater before the Borrowed Trouble.

bald zeemer
09-05-2013, 10:09 PM
It's a gun, WD-something. Appalling stats, somewhere between the other two.

BigMoney
09-05-2013, 10:13 PM
It's a gun, WD-something. Appalling stats, somewhere between the other two.

Ah, thanks. WS Laser Rifle, 62/92.

My inventory is probably a bit quicker to browse through than yours. :rolleyes:

Frostpocket
09-05-2013, 11:43 PM
anyone know whats the min level required to participate in this?

I don't know either. I'm new to CC and don't know when the events become visible 😗 Can someone advise please.

bald zeemer
09-06-2013, 12:09 AM
You need to be level 10 to participate in case events.

Muffhole
09-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the info

CCKallDAY
09-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Well luckily I've gotten only one hatchet with my five BLNTs. LOL
Check your internet.

sacktap
09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Ive been opening duffle bags up to 6 hatchets with relative success.

However my game says I've had 2 hatchets for the last 12 hours, regardless of how many I open. I've done nothing to receive more bags either. Also everything has failed since this happened.

So it's pretty much froze on 2. Restarting didn't help either.

Has this happened to anyone?

Stooboot
09-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Does ne one know if for the crime spree event if u have to get the items in order of if u just have them u can complete all three goals at once because the only thing im missing right now is the first weapon of crime spree.

dgwalker
09-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know if all the 8 loot items are evenly distributed?
I.e. do I have the same probability as getting the "Sneak shot" as I do getting the "Killer Cleaver"?
Or are some of the items more rare than others?

Thanks
Dgwalker

The prize for getting all the collectibles is called the Tesla Sportscar (6771/4514). Probably similar to the Quick Getaway, but more eco-friendly. :rolleyes:

Back hand emus
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Just got 290+ xp from these missions. Not worth it at all for lower level players.

BigMoney
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Does ne one know if for the crime spree event if u have to get the items in order of if u just have them u can complete all three goals at once because the only thing im missing right now is the first weapon of crime spree.

When you have the requirements for a future goal already completed, it auto-completes when you finish the goal prior. E.g. If you have the West Side Beater before you got the Borrowed Trouble, your goal will go from Crime Spree (1/3) to (3/3). However, you can check your inventory for the prize for Crime Spree (2/3), the WS Laser Rifle (62/92), as you most certainly have it.

Does anyone know if all the 8 loot items are evenly distributed?
I.e. do I have the same probability as getting the "Sneak shot" as I do getting the "Killer Cleaver"?
Or are some of the items more rare than others?

Thanks
Dgwalker

I believe they should be evenly distributed. At the very least, there isn't one "rare" item that's rare for everyone, people usually have trouble getting the last item, but what that particular item is varies from person to person. In my conspiratorial mind, GREE hates me and I had to do 66 gold opens last event to get the Quick Getaway car. Right now, more than 50% of my loot items have been the stupid killer cleaver, but I suspect I'm being paranoid.

Just got 290+ xp from these missions. Not worth it at all for lower level players.

Really? Because there are an abundance of events that award 15k/11k raw stats +5% gun attack modifier for about 1k XP, right? Terrible advice.

Back hand emus
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
When you have the requirements for a future goal already completed, it auto-completes when you finish the goal prior. E.g. If you have the West Side Beater before you got the Borrowed Trouble, your goal will go from Crime Spree (1/3) to (3/3). However, you can check your inventory for the prize for Crime Spree (2/3), the WS Laser Rifle (62/92), as you most certainly have it.

I believe they should be evenly distributed. At the very least, there isn't one "rare" item that's rare for everyone, people usually have trouble getting the last item, but what that particular item is varies from person to person. In my conspiratorial mind, GREE hates me and I had to do 66 gold opens last event to get the Quick Getaway car. Right now, more than 50% of my loot items have been the stupid killer cleaver, but I suspect I'm being paranoid.

Really? Because there are an abundance of events that award 15k/11k raw stats +5% gun attack modifier for about 1k XP, right? Terrible advice.

This event pushed me up 1 full level for a 30/40 item. Still in first tier of boss event and I'd like for it to stay like that for the next boss event. And it's a crap shoot with these events so there's no guarantee you'll even get it. If its between this and a boss event I choose boss event 100% of the time for my no gold use. So let me rephrase myself to be fair, not worth it at all for my style of play.

Back hand emus
09-06-2013, 04:55 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/dolphins1972_photos/image-1.jpg (http://s827.photobucket.com/user/dolphins1972_photos/media/image-1.jpg.html)

This is what I was referring to when I raged about the xp not being worth it.

BigMoney
09-06-2013, 05:04 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/dolphins1972_photos/image-1.jpg (http://s827.photobucket.com/user/dolphins1972_photos/media/image-1.jpg.html)

This is what I was referring to when I raged about the xp not being worth it.

I'm aware. And there are 4 of those goals (the 4th being the Tesla Supercar). I'm making the assumption that everyone does these to completion, which I suppose may not be a fair assumption. 15k/11k, +5% gun attack modifier, for 1,164 XP (291*4) is clearly an excellent deal. That's on par with Elite mode of an LTQ at a tiny tiny fraction of the XP, although the modifier is worth far, far more than that, seeing as it is resistant to stat inflation. I would probably still recommend the event even if you were just doing it to 10/10 hatchets-- which, at worst, would give 291*3 = 873 xp for a 5% gun modifier. Might not seem like a good trade now at low stats, but it most certainly is when you start walking around with 1mil+ stats, and the modifier gives you a bigger stat boost than the rest of the event combined.

09-07-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm prompted in my goals to get this item by buying a gun to completes this goal.
Its glitched, I buy the gun, get the $$$,XP,& item, only to have it all disappear.
I end up with none of the above.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me having a difficult time completing the bloody murder part of this event.
Currently stuck with/@ 3, finished the Crime Spree event yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this or have anything to add to this?

Lately GREE, has been plagued with so many glitches.

3squir3
09-07-2013, 06:33 AM
A & F has already said this is only a problem on Android and the fact that it will dissapear if you use the buggy Buy option.
Doesn't do anything except it gets rid of the goal in the list untill you reboot, then it reappears again.

BigMoney
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm prompted in my goals to get this item by buying a gun to completes this goal.
Its glitched, I buy the gun, get the $$$,XP,& item, only to have it all disappear.
I end up with none of the above.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me having a difficult time completing the bloody murder part of this event.
Currently stuck with/@ 3, finished the Crime Spree event yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this or have anything to add to this?

Lately GREE, has been plagued with so many glitches.

Yeah, that's because you can't complete the goal from buying the item. You need to get the item via case opens.

33spades1978
09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Can some one tell me why my duffle bag event disappeared when game updated

bald zeemer
09-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Expand, please.

Are you on iOS or android?
Did you update the game, or delete and reinstall?
Did you close and reopen the game (a few times) when going back in?

33spades1978
09-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm on android. I was playing game and then screen pops up saying do you want to updated now so I hit yes. But when the game finished reloading the duffle bag event was gone. I have logged out of game countless time and still no duffle bag event. & I even tried uninstall the game a few times to see if that help but still nothing

bald zeemer
09-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Sounds like new version, old dataset.
Keep it installed, go to the 'about' screen (or something similar - I'm not android). It'll show the game version, and eventually update to latest dataset. Once it does you should get your event back as it was when it went.

ccDaniella
09-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Yay!!! I got the Gein's Beretta!! I have only 4 completed for the Bloody Murder challenge so far.