PDA

View Full Version : All this begging

reras
09-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Am im the only one thats really tired of all "help me, help me" threads? Please lock the syndicates next time theres a SLTQ.
Oh and also, please stop asking for free gold from gree because you feel they owe you something.

- tired, grumpy old dad.

Butt Futter
09-04-2013, 03:51 AM
amen brother

Mike Oxlong
09-04-2013, 03:58 AM
It's alright for yous in top syndicates feeding off others, we are in a top 400 syndicate doing it the fun way, we have under 35 active players and are so close, we are asking for help forom players that haven't bought the top prize to come join just for this last push Simples!

58 to go come join us ;-) 635-693-388

reras
09-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Well, its more of a syndicate reqruitment issue, isnt it?

BigMoney
09-04-2013, 04:04 AM
Agreed, these kind of topics should be in syndicate recruitment, if anything. They've been flooding the board for days now. "We need more people to help us complete the SLTQ" is literally identical in my mind to "we need more people who can score good IP." Same discussion about leeches, same discussion about how unfair it is that others dump gold, etc.

Rebels
09-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Ahh now y'all have made me feel bad :(

bald zeemer
09-04-2013, 04:27 AM
It's alright for yous in top syndicates feeding off others

Sorry, what?

Muj
09-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Yeah since you can get the prize you don't need help, this prize is really good and would leave so many groups behind if they didn't get it, that's why people are begging.. Is anyone asking too much really?

Gazzman_razzman
09-04-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm in a top 400 syndicate and we completed the sltq, we only really had 50 active members but done it with 20 hours spare, we needed no help from others and little gold was used? If u have a full syndicate then their should of been no problem finishing it,
Organisation and communication was the key to this event, but looks like alot of syndicates couldn't manage this and just pleased for help from others
So gree please lock syndicates next time round

bald zeemer
09-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Yeah since you can get the prize you don't need help, this prize is really good and would leave so many groups behind if they didn't get it, that's why people are begging.. Is anyone asking too much really?

Should we also be sending out $10k to everyone so they can top tier, so as to not be left behind by missing out on the bonus prize?

The teams that achieve this don't have any advantage over teams that don't - everyone has the option to play the same way as anyone else is playing.

That said, I've helped a lot of teams. I have no problem helping people. I do have a people acting entitled to have others give them prizes.

Muj
09-04-2013, 04:49 AM
I'm just saying this prize is big and everyone wants it and they can't really buy so much gold for it.. And asking for help won't hurt anyone either. If you can spend a million dollars on a game, good for you, some of us can't..

quan
09-04-2013, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=Gazzman_razzman;962502]I'm in a top 400 syndicate and we completed the sltq, we only really had 50 active members but done it with 20 hours spare, we needed no help from others and little gold was used? If u have a full syndicate then their should of been no problem finishing it,

We are doing level 20/20 - Lemonade cake syndicate recruit new members to join and get the grand prize. Feel free to join and share our big prize. Our code: 351 650 358 or pm me: 222 058 526

reras
09-04-2013, 04:52 AM
For me its the same as asking "can i get a free ride in FC for one war, because i dont have the time nor the money to be in the top". The price for being top 3 next war is better than the top price in this SLTQ.

Mike Oxlong
09-04-2013, 05:10 AM
For me its the same as asking "can i get a free ride in FC for one war, because i dont have the time nor the money to be in the top". The price for being top 3 next war is better than the top price in this SLTQ.

Yes but the price for being in the top 3 is 8 vaults each you numpty
Look for me in game pal I have top25 prizes!
I ain't after no free ride, I've paid my way through this GAME!
Now I am playing with rl friends looking to end this quest on a high and give our members something af a TOP 3 as you say prize, we have 38 members and to get where we are now shows balls and commitment for the love of the game!
Be careful and watch you don't hurt yourself falling off your high horse ;-)

Mack The Knife
09-04-2013, 05:48 AM
As someone else said, the issue is that these 'requests' are in the wrong forum. It should be kept to the recruitment page. The reasons why any one group is asking for help is their own affair. Shouldn't mean the main page gets subjected to it no matter how desperate a syndicate is.

Hopefully with A&F back there will be better moderation for the next SLTQ.

On a side note. I didn't realize how many people have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.
In one thread someone was throwing a fundraiser for their syndicate and wanted donations while offering absolutely nothing in return. Who does that?

BigMoney
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Yes but the price for being in the top 3 is 8 vaults each you numpty
Look for me in game pal I have top25 prizes!
I ain't after no free ride, I've paid my way through this GAME!
Now I am playing with rl friends looking to end this quest on a high and give our members something af a TOP 3 as you say prize, we have 38 members and to get where we are now shows balls and commitment for the love of the game!
Be careful and watch you don't hurt yourself falling off your high horse ;-)

A Broadway Blues member, you say. Strange that I keep seeing people named "BROADWAY BLUES ___" in other syndicates.

ablankone
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
You talk so much sense BM - it's almost frightening.

Agree - post such messages on the Syn Recruitment section unless they're really interesting to read. I got banned for a month once for posting my mafia code on every single forum thread in existence. To be honest I think it was because I didn't have a nice avatar back then.

Agreed, these kind of topics should be in syndicate recruitment, if anything. They've been flooding the board for days now. "We need more people to help us complete the SLTQ" is literally identical in my mind to "we need more people who can score good IP." Same discussion about leeches, same discussion about how unfair it is that others dump gold, etc.

Max Power
09-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Locking the syndicates would unfairly penalize multi-syndicate groups from having their junior members jump up or senior members jump down. That is a fun part of being in a large group with 2 or 3 syndicates. These people should not be penalized because people are sick of begging threads.

I am in favor of moving the threads to the recruitment area though.

Legen...dary
09-04-2013, 07:58 AM
"all this begging"... is what you'd be doing, too, if your syndicate was sitting on 20/20 and knew that you couldn't quite finish alone, and that someone out there wants the Top prize and is willing to help you get it.

All this forum activity (that isn't the usual whining and trolling, not that some of it isn't, still) is a nice change of pace. I've seen plenty of fresh faces around here and made more than a few new contacts.

MWWM J
09-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Am im the only one thats really tired of all "help me, help me" threads? Please lock the syndicates next time theres a SLTQ.
Oh and also, please stop asking for free gold from gree because you feel they owe you something.

- tired, grumpy old dad.
Go to sleep old man. No one cares what you say. At least I don't.

Assault and Flattery
09-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I've actually been wondering if I should move these too. They're kinda the only thing I see anymore in General. Thoughts?

nopenopenope
09-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Yep.

extras

GU7 F4WK3S
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I've actually been wondering if I should move these too. They're kinda the only thing I see anymore in General. Thoughts?

Definitely needs to be cleaned up. Hard to navigate this forum.

If you could give BigMoney permission to sticky his own threads that'd be good too. I hate scrolling for his posts.

SNEAKERJUNKY
09-04-2013, 09:54 AM
If you could give BigMoney permission to sticky his own threads that'd be good too. I hate scrolling for his posts.

Daddy-like.

Butt Futter
09-04-2013, 09:56 AM

Yes, please move them. Also, please ban every person that posts a begging thread too.

brandocommando
09-04-2013, 10:00 AM

That'd be great to check general without having to sift through a dozen threads asking for charity.

Mack The Knife
09-04-2013, 10:02 AM

Yes. that'd be great.

Moving forward if SLTQ's are to be the norm then I think this forum will require regular maintenance.

dgwalker
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM

I agree. Any thread asking someone to "change syndicates" should be placed in the syndicate recruitment forum.

Other SLTQ threads that just talk about the prizes should be left here.

The forum becomes a bit useless if it is over run by "join me" threads.

-Dgwalker

Assault and Flattery
09-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Ok cool, I moved a bunch over.

hawkeye_9
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Definitely needs to be cleaned up. Hard to navigate this forum.

A&F, that might save you some time too...

MattThomas08
09-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Ok cool, I moved a bunch over.

This is fantastic. The whole forum had been just awful since the SLTQ started. Welcome back.

the_dude
09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks A&F, much better now

Dipstik
09-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Sooo.... you gonna lock syndicates next time? Pretty please?

Rebels
09-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Sooo.... you gonna lock syndicates next time? Pretty please?

This would be for the best I believe.

Now back to the OP.
There was a lot of people begging (I like to say asking for help) The prize I tell you made us all crazier than a dog in a hubcap factory.

But like Dippy said... lock em up.

Mack The Knife
09-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Though I don't want the beggar threads on the main page. I can't say I see a reason to lock them.

Dipstik
09-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Not lock the threads, lock the syndicates so all the begging stops.

Mack The Knife
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
No, I get it. I just want the begging somewhere else. There should be a thread for it in the Synd forum. but I think locking the syndicates might hinder the new dynamic. People shouldn't be locked into their syndicates once the event starts and people should be able to make offers to buy their way in.

It's created a kind of free trade after-market that I think is overall good for syndicates.
If you lock the syndicates...all that stops.

teo
09-04-2013, 02:23 PM
No, I get it. I just want the begging somewhere else. There should be a thread for it in the Synd forum. but I think locking the syndicates might hinder the new dynamic. People shouldn't be locked into their syndicates once the event starts and people should be able to make offers to buy their way in.

It's created a kind of free trade after-market that I think is overall good for syndicates.
If you lock the syndicates...all that stops.

Many (all) events aim at increasing game activity. Many events helps newer players get strong(er) fast and thereby having an incentive to play the game by becoming competitive. We all agree that getting new 'suckers' into the system is the lifeblood of the company.

While this new 'free trade after-market' may not have been intended, it does work towards the above interests. So from Gree's perspective there may not be a huge motivation to stop it. Maybe see how it goes and find a way to profit off it. It clearly brought the forum back to life with lots of people making threads.

The players not liking it are naturally the ones who stand to/perceive to lose a part of their advantage.

Dipstik
09-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I just think it's unseemly and contrary to the point of having a team. I couldn't care less about people getting the prize.

Mack The Knife
09-04-2013, 02:31 PM
The game is called Crime city and its about robbing your way to personal fortune. Everything we do should seem unseemly.

As to syndicates....this shakes up the status quo. makes people question just how comfortable they are with their current team. makes people make power moves (grabs for personal power) and adds a bit of texture to the game. That's why Im for it. increased complexity.

cooch
09-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I do not believe any of the other platform games that have sltqs have locked out syndicates so it won't happen here. Locking out during major events would cut down recruiting time. Besides Gree probably benefits from all this horse trading.

Only way new people succeed is through syndicates. Only way syndicates succeed is alliances. Increase forum use which is how FC, SAS et al were formed via forum friendships. Oh and spend gold. Even with unlimited budget players will flow to the syndicates that provide best benefit.

Just equate begging to whining to mostly free players that want more subsidies...hey like the real world isn't it?

Adds more addiction er incentives to game.

Forabuzz
09-09-2013, 06:35 AM
just like real life