PDA

View Full Version : BAF: Top 50 Indian takeaway

simpleman
09-03-2013, 08:07 AM
http://i72.servimg.com/u/f72/18/07/14/00/bafsig11.jpg

BAF: Top 50 Indian takeaway

We were 2 hours 45 minutes away from the end of the BfC India event. We had managed to secure our top 100 position early and with that found ourselves sat in the top 75 with over 500k WD points away from a top 50 finish. Morale was high as our faction objective was secure and we were looking well placed to get our ‘nice to have’ top 75 target.

We were also chasing our 35th win with only two fights to go. The penultimate war started. We swapped blow for blow with our enemy coming up to the 40 minute mark with about 160K WD points each. BAF4Ever spoke up in the forum.

“Guys, we’re 500k+ from top 50. If we want to do it, now is the time to push. We don’t know what opponent we will get in the next war. We can put ourselves in a good position and give ourselves a chance in the next war. I’m up for it, but I need you guys to support me. If you have my back I’ll lead the charge. For those willing to charge shout AYE!”

“I have your back BAF4Ever , aye” said Richo

“AYE!” shouted ACC

Post after post came the cry “AYE!”

“That’s all I need guys” and with that BAF4Ever started the assault.

A 20 minute onslaught ensured. The donkeys were identified and BAF attacked relentlessly. 506k WD points was the best points haul we ever had in our 10 BfC successive top 100 finishes but we broke the record.

We managed to beat Delta Force Troops by 533k to 184k. We had our target and no-one was going to stop us.

There was only 1 hour 20 minutes to go and we were just under 150k short of top 50. We gave ourselves the chance to be heroes. 5 minutes to the hour our leader pressed the button, war was declared. We prayed to whatever god would accept us in order to get a faction we could beat.

Orders were given out, everyone understood their role. We were going for it. There’s no try, you either do or you don’t.

With 55 minutes left in the event we were matched with Aussie! The gods indeed did favour us. Hermes delivered the message from our faction intel network. A high level low defence member of the opposition had been identified.

Immediately BAF4Ever attacked.

“Are we really going to try for it?” asked JSB.

“No, we’re really going to do it” replied Richo.

55 minutes had never moved so quickly. Everyone gave their all. Regen hit after regen hit, gold hit after gold hit. Those taking a breather just watched in awe as the mighty BAF demolition team forged their way to victory. It was a one sided affair.

The timer was up. Had we done enough? We looked at the score to see we had a new war record, but this time we didn’t beat it, we destroyed it, we annihilated it! 701k to 42k! With that we secured top 50.

BAF doesn’t try; BAF does!

The names above have been changed to protect the guilty.

BAF: Awards
This was one of the most successful campaigns in BAF history. Without a fantastic team we would never have had the continued success to which we are now accustomed. Spoilt you may say. 16 of the founding 20 members are still in the BAF family. We may be getting on now but our commitment and passion for the cause is never wavering. This thread is dedicated in their honour. Ut Unus Nos Sto!

I would like to congratulate the following ribbon earners for their wonderful achievement. Many were on the cusp of the 1st ribbon.

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/over5010.png
http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/over7510.png
http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/100kwd10.png
http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/200kwd10.png
http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/350kwd10.png

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/indiam10.png

Grundle
The Kraken
The Chebster
Doc
Phrosty
Unit
Scot
Luisao
Skip rat
Stickshift

Toepoke
Colonel Cajones
Duncan
Ranger O

t-rav
abnet
dodgehemiram
John
Jason
Snape
Tomcat
Wes Hester
Deutoros
Stradivarius
Brown
Dido

Jacal

WaveCommander
Skoosh
Murray
Andrew
Ace

Yes we know a lot of our members could move to a higher ranked team and some are at risk of attempted poaching, however we don’t insist on members spending gold. We leave it to them to spend at their own discretion. They spend because they want to and not because they have to. There’s a big difference.

xxinterfector
09-03-2013, 08:16 AM
great read man

lemonhaze
09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
great job on ur all team part buddy..u guys must have a solid faction these days thats hard to come by..same thing over here at KYS great teammates officers and leaders and gets the job done..congrats baf

MaroonMonsoon
09-03-2013, 08:33 AM
can someone unread this for me?

Viva la Revolution
09-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Congratulations, we faced the last 3 wars two top 25 factions the Clowns and Unsullied, last one was Zamperini's Heros we scored on them around 900k and managed also to get into top 50.

BlackArrow
09-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Nice job BAF !!

Simps, I don't see you getting an award...come on buddy you gotta keep up!

Skoosh
09-03-2013, 09:21 AM
He got one BlackArrow - just too shy to list himself.

phrosty
09-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Simps forgot to add himself ;) he earned his fair share for sure my friend don't you worry.. He just thinks of others before himself obviously

Zachio
09-03-2013, 10:31 AM
congrats buddy!

Crammer
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm on the verge of putting the boots back on. To think, I had finally just calmed down from the wars. Where's a rockstar video when you need one. ;)

simpleman
09-04-2013, 02:21 AM
great read man
Thank bud

great job on ur all team part buddy..u guys must have a solid faction these days thats hard to come by..same thing over here at KYS great teammates officers and leaders and gets the job done..congrats baf
Cheers bud. The game is so much better when your working in a good team so kudos on KYS for building a great home.

Congratulations, we faced the last 3 wars two top 25 factions the Clowns and Unsullied, last one was Zamperini's Heros we scored on them around 900k and managed also to get into top 50.
2 top 25 in the last 3 is harsh. I think we faced you guys too...either that or I saw your name on the leader board. That's a great finish. It's a great feeling isn't it going out all guns blazing and then reach your goal. Your destiny is certainly in your own hands then. Nothing better in this game when you and your buddies pull something like that off. Great work bud :)

congrats buddy!
Cheers Zachio, I hope the new faction is treating you nice.

Karlosski
09-05-2013, 04:24 AM
You need to get out more maybe try taking to a woman instead of your right hand.

Skoosh
09-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Cheers bud. The game is so much better when your working in a good team.

No doubt! It's a privilege to be part of an awesome team.

Amarjit
09-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Well done guys!!

Starling
09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I really enjoyed reading this thread. Win or lose it looksike BAF has a lot of positive things going for them. I don't know anyone in BAF but I give you guys a thumbs up.

& The Horse U Rode In On
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
With 55 minutes left in the event we were matched with Aussie!

Sorry for being such a noob, but I thought you had to have a full hour fight in order for the last battle to count? That is why we declared with 1:15 left in the event to be sure to be matched before the timer ticked down to 00:59. My previous faction in Australia also declared with 1:05 left in the event but were not matched with an opponent until the timer said 00:56. We fought but the points were not added to our total and the final rankings showed us getting only the points we had prior to that last one.

Our story was very similar up to the point of the last battle. We had a relatively easy opponent the 2nd to last battle and made the push to 250 then. Used everything we had to build about a 90k cushion. Good thing we did because we were match with a very strong faction for the last battle and would not have made top 250 if we had waited. Good job to your team!

simpleman
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Well done guys!!
Cheers fella.

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Win or lose it looksike BAF has a lot of positive things going for them. I don't know anyone in BAF but I give you guys a thumbs up.
Thanks mate.

Sorry for being such a noob, but I thought you had to have a full hour fight in order for the last battle to count? That is why we declared with 1:15 left in the event to be sure to be matched before the timer ticked down to 00:59. My previous faction in Australia also declared with 1:05 left in the event but were not matched with an opponent until the timer said 00:56. We fought but the points were not added to our total and the final rankings showed us getting only the points we had prior to that last one.

Our story was very similar up to the point of the last battle. We had a relatively easy opponent the 2nd to last battle and made the push to 250 then. Used everything we had to build about a 90k cushion. Good thing we did because we were match with a very strong faction for the last battle and would not have made top 250 if we had waited. Good job to your team!
Providing you declare before the final hour you are ok. Canada was worse. We didn't get a match until there was 45 minutes left on the event timer. In Canada and India both those final battle totals went onto our points total.

It is a risk waiting to the last war, your either lucky or not. Fortunately we were however it could so easily have gone the other way.

Great job on your success, it really is a good buzz throughout the faction when you pull it off so close to the end.

DFT Texan
09-05-2013, 04:08 PM
A whole thread of how you and your team went on to "victory" because you "destroyed" two teams. Way to brag about your team on who could spend more gree gold and press buttons the most. If you all wrote a thread of how you overtook SUP for the top spot, then these are pointless.

phrosty
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Thanks for the bump ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

stephen2013
09-05-2013, 07:56 PM
See, I like threads like this. Great job sir.

Mastert55
09-05-2013, 11:37 PM
truly entertaining story!

solo.modernwar
09-06-2013, 12:02 AM
A good read, simpleman. Congratulations to your team - sounds like you folks know how to enjoy this sometimes maddening game. And still having 16 out of 20 of your original members since Brazil - that certainly says something right there. Great job.

Captain Steelman
09-06-2013, 12:46 AM
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Thanks for the bump ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

LoL great post... Might come in handy some day..

And congrats BAF, nice reading and well done...!!!

megaants
09-06-2013, 03:58 AM
awesome job BAF!!!!

phrosty
09-06-2013, 05:01 AM
awesome job BAF!!!!

Htc jun whenever your ready to come home we left the front porch lite on

megaants
09-06-2013, 06:25 AM
<--- not playing anymore much. Don't want to be a leecher! pretty much focus on my med school at the moment

phrosty
09-06-2013, 06:52 AM
<--- not playing anymore much. Don't want to be a leecher! pretty much focus on my med school at the moment

Good for you bud, but you know I have to keep trying.. You can never be a leecher when your family..
Good Luck with the studies

Rotti
09-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Well done to BAF

Jaebee
09-06-2013, 07:34 AM

First off, congrats to BAF.

As for Forty Thieves, good job as well. The background to that story is even crazier Viva. Right before you faced the Clowns, we had faced each other (Unsullied and ICF) in a pretty awesome battle that had 4 or 5 lead changes throughout the battle. They ended up edging us by 8k in the end. Both factions were going for the 6th of 7 wins in a row. So after they beat us, they drew you guys for their 7th win. We unfortunately drew SUP2, so even if we had edged ICF, we would have fallen short on 7 due to the battle with SUP. We then faced 40 Thieves after SUP2, so we probably took it out a bit in you guys, sorry for that! Then in the final battle, we faced off against Legends of McGurt and were able to score enough to safely retain our top 25 position...was a crazy few battles in there at the end indeed!

Dutchie
09-06-2013, 09:14 AM
A whole thread of how you and your team went on to "victory" because you "destroyed" two teams. Way to brag about your team on who could spend more gree gold and press buttons the most. If you all wrote a thread of how you overtook SUP for the top spot, then these are pointless.The virgin party pooper announces his entrance...

Dutchie
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Well done BAF! Awesome team!

phrosty
09-06-2013, 01:43 PM
LoL great post... Might come in handy some day..

And congrats BAF, nice reading and well done...!!!

Thank you very much CPT Steelman.. Feel free to enlighten all creatures hiding under bridges that there is hope..

Ps. Is your MW name similar to your funzio name if so I think I might have visited you base lately.. Very clean and tidy very well kept..

Pps. I hope it's not the same steelman but if so my bad :(

Captain Steelman
09-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Thank you very much CPT Steelman.. Feel free to enlighten all creatures hiding under bridges that there is hope..

Ps. Is your MW name similar to your funzio name if so I think I might have visited you base lately.. Very clean and tidy very well kept..

Pps. I hope it's not the same steelman but if so my bad :(

LoL.... Captain Steelman is my name everywhere.... Has always been and will always be... No need to hide....

Thx but the right part of my base is under reconstruction... And if you got some cash from me, no problems... More cash coming every hour..

jchow69
09-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats to BAF. Watch out to any enemies. They can do anything they set their mind to, lol.

phrosty
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Congrats to BAF. Watch out to any enemies. They can do anything they set their mind to, lol.

Thank you very much sir

Fatherllama
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM

If you're the same Starling who keeps forcing me to carry 500 allies, then you know one :D

Starling
09-07-2013, 08:01 AM
If you're the same Starling who keeps forcing me to carry 500 allies, then you know one :D
I am. So out of respect I will leave any trinkets alone on your base. Small world.

simpleman
09-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Thank you for all your kind words on BAF. We do work hard to make it a fun place for all.

I think one of our members has taken inspiration from this guy for his medal collection

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/image10.jpg

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/jacalr10.png

phrosty
09-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Thank you for all your kind words on BAF. We do work hard to make it a fun place for all.

I think one of our members has taken inspiration from Idi Amin for his medal collection

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/jacalr10.png

That's some purdy bling bling there

dodgehemiram
09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
quick somebody get him some suspenders before his shirt rips

ffp
09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M0nSFzI.png

KFH
09-09-2013, 09:52 PM

I think one of our members has taken inspiration from Idi Amin for his medal collection

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loqir8xXuL1qit71zo1_400.jpg

http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/07/14/00/jacalr10.pngplease take that down, i know people that had fathers fight and die to fight the guy . It is the same to some people as putting up a picture of Hitler with the same intent. i'm not trying to be d$ck i'm just saying it is unintentionally upsetting

simpleman
09-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback bud. I did hesitate on whether to use him. No offence was intended. The image has been taken taken down. You should edit your post accordingly.