PDA

View Full Version : sltq...yet again overpowers strong syndicates and the weak get weaker

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Im 170k stats level 99... Once considered high i guess. But every one and there mother have the highly over powered sltq items now. Me and some buds started a new syn and of course we got a few of the items 12/20. But jesus christ let a new syn get some action too. doesnt it get boring seeing the same 10 teams in the top 10? Just expressing my opinion.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Its like lakers and celtics ya know? They winnin it every other year. aint nobody got time fa dat!

Chica
09-02-2013, 10:28 PM
The system has always been set up that way, even more so with the syndicate stuff being added.

Absolute silence
09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
It is not the players fault the gap is growing even more wide for the top 10/25 syndicates and the rest of the field.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:32 PM
This sltq is icing on the cake. I understand the better the syndicate the higher the reward but were lookinh at 40k or more increase in probably over 500 syndicates. Its frustrating for recruiting ya know?

Shadypal
09-02-2013, 10:33 PM
All free to play games cater to players that spend money for items that will give you an edge. The only thing you can do as a free players is fight for the tiers right under syndicate/guilds/clans/orders that spend money. So top 10-50 will always be out of reach for free players unless you cheat. It's the way these games and companies are able to let players play games for free.

PawnXIIX
09-02-2013, 10:34 PM
With a full syndicate of 60 players actively participating and using all of their energy, there is plenty of time for everybody to get this prize on their own.

A total of 588,000 energy was needed to complete this event. Assuming 60 players are all participating equally then each player will need to use 9800 energy over the course of the 5 days. 5 days of time would mean that every syndicate member would regenerate 21,600 energy total without mods. That doesn't even take into account the energy they have on hand at the beginning of the event. The minimum number of syndicate members in order to complete this event is 28. That honestly doesn't sound like weak are getting weaker to me...

That's 28 if you don't take into account they have energy to start with. Let's assume that everybody has 1000 energy to start with. That is 22,600 energy over 5 days. Now there is one less member needed.

I can see where you're going with the thread and everything, but this is a very obtainable item to mostly everybody who logs into the game before their energy bar completely fills up. It was about a 100k stat gain for me personally.

bald zeemer
09-02-2013, 10:35 PM
The top 10 is actually extremely fluid. At least half a dozen different teams have come 4th, and at least 2 of those are nowhere near top 10 anymore. There have been 5 (6?) different teams make top 3, and FC is the only team to have been top 3 (by coming first) each war.
On top of that you have to remember that teams are institutions, but players move. As a player it's not impossible to move very quickly from t100, or even t1000, into the top 10. If you made a choice to value certain qualities in your syndicate (having specific friends in it, your style of gameplay, perhaps the ability to be the leader, etc) it's hardly unreasonable that you'd have to put a significant amount of time and energy to move that construct to a higher level. After all, the current top teams weren't gifted their spot. They, like you, set up a syndicate according to their preferences and worked to get it where they wanted to be.

murf
09-02-2013, 10:36 PM
It is not the players fault the gap is growing even more wide for the top 10/25 syndicates and the rest of the field.

Yes it is...those in a top 10/25 syndicate are those that choose to spend more gold then those in lower ranked syndicates...so, yes, it the players "fault" that the gap is growing. This is a pay for stats game, it has been from the very beginning. It just looks worse now, because the numbers are bigger.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I pay... Maybe 20 bucks a month, not my life away but i pay. This sltq seems obtainable without paying, ive seen ridiculous stat increases in many of my rivals. I started a syn a few weeks ago and the sltq just seems way overboard

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:39 PM
And let me rephrase i dont mind seeing the same teams win it. But damn if you got a full roster then your looking at major increases in your stats with this sltq. it just makes recruiting 10 times as hard now and these other syns didnt have to deal with that when they first started. Keep these sltqs up and they might as well disable the option to create a new synficate

BigMoney
09-02-2013, 10:45 PM
And let me rephrase i dont mind seeing the same teams win it. But damn if you got a full roster then your looking at major increases in your stats with this sltq. it just makes recruiting 10 times as hard now and these other syns didnt have to deal with that when they first started. Keep these sltqs up and they might as well disable the option to create a new synficate

Why did you even bother to make a new syndicate when apparently having a full, active, participating syndicate was so important to you?

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Because its fun and no we had a syndicate where three of us were doing all the work so we left and made our own syn. Weve kicked ass in the 3 weeks we been up and running but with 18 members you only get so far in an overpowered sltq. So i felt like venting cuz every rival my level has jumped 15-30k in stats

Guisseppe17
09-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Yes it is...those in a top 10/25 syndicate are those that choose to spend more gold then those in lower ranked syndicates...so, yes, it the players "fault" that the gap is growing. This is a pay for stats game, it has been from the very beginning. It just looks worse now, because the numbers are bigger.
Wait...so you're saying shame on the people who spend money because they're getting farther ahead of everyone else? Hmm....

BigMoney
09-02-2013, 10:51 PM
You and your buddy could have easily joined another syndicate for the duration of just the SLTQ, and just alternated when you and your buddy leave so you don't lose control of the syndicate. There were no fewer than 500 syndicates looking for help here the past few days, and a few people even offering to sell you a space in their syndicate while they did the work for you.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Well money that would be selfish for our other members. The captain goes down with his ship :p if we were going to take turns abandoning our team then all 18 of us would have to be apart of it. That is not likely. Look sltq was a good idea but i think they need to slow down on the power of these items.

BigMoney
09-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Well money that would be selfish for our other members. The captain goes down with his ship :p if we were going to take turns abandoning our team then all 18 of us would have to be apart of it. That is not likely. Look sltq was a good idea but i think they need to slow down on the power of these items.

You are in the small minority who feel that way.

bald zeemer
09-02-2013, 11:00 PM
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Balthazar9/01DE3D02-E0A7-49D3-9B7F-18889F1D6359-8792-000005D7C77075D3_zps61cd360c.jpg

There is nothing stopping an 18-man syndicate from finishing the SLTQ.

What you're really saying is you want the ability to start your own syndicate, not have to spend gold and still get all the nice prizes (or at least not let others get them until you're more prepared).

CC Pablo
09-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Im 170k stats level 99... Once considered high i guess. But every one and there mother have the highly over powered sltq items now. Me and some buds started a new syn and of course we got a few of the items 12/20. But jesus christ let a new syn get some action too. doesnt it get boring seeing the same 10 teams in the top 10? Just expressing my opinion.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I think you need to stop crying about this. If you want top items, you need to make it work, otherwise, stop playing the game.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:04 PM
I spend gold.... Nice assumption. I had 31k ip last battle without any influence increase? Do i spend thousands no... The thought of spending thousands on a game is laughable even if you can afford it.

murf
09-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Wait...so you're saying shame on the people who spend money because they're getting farther ahead of everyone else? Hmm....

Not at all...I'm saying it's the fault of the players who choose not to spend as to why they fall behind...

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Besides thr point im making is if you have a full roster you can obtain these weapons without gold.

PawnXIIX
09-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Besides thr point im making is if you have a full roster you can obtain these weapons without gold.

You can get them free with a roster of 28...

bald zeemer
09-02-2013, 11:11 PM
But you chose not to be in a syndicate with a full roster. Which I think is why it's so hard to see what it is you're complaining about. It really looks like you're asking for the entire game to be designed specifically around you.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
You can get them free with a roster of 28...
Thanks for proving my point, were developing a new syn with only 18 members and its a load of crock to see these other rivals seeing 40k stat increases without spending gold. Might as well disable the option to create a new syn. What im trying to say is sltq is a good idea but holy shiz make it harder and decrease the power output. Im the minority here because half you guys posting are in top syns and your just eating these stat boosters up. But the game goes beyond you and this forum. Decrease stats and make them harder to ovtain ftw.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Specifically around me? Decrease the output and make the items harder to obtain so we dont have a major power shift in the top 600 syndicates. Gree will only lose players and revenue, its obvious. And im not a minority... 2000 other syns would probably agree. Of course not the top 600

Chica
09-02-2013, 11:22 PM
SAS has made like 100 new syndicates and they all have it.

murf
09-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks for proving my point, were developing a new syn with only 18 members and its a load of crock to see these other rivals seeing 40k stat increases without spending gold. Might as well disable the option to create a new syn. What im trying to say is sltq is a good idea but holy shiz make it harder and decrease the power output. Im the minority here because half you guys posting are in top syns and your just eating these stat boosters up. But the game goes beyond you and this forum. Decrease stats and make them harder to ovtain ftw.

When you made the decision to start a new syndicate, you knew that there were 2-3 events going on at all times and very weekend was a syndicate event (2 pvps followed by the main war). You had to have known that while you are getting your syndicate up to speed, you would take a few steps back vs your peers, with the hope in the long term you would be better off in your new syndicate versus where you would have been in your old syndicate.

If you did not make the decision with this mindset, then you had faulty expectations....

And every person thinking of starting a new syndicate should have the above in mind when deciding whether to start one or join a current one.

murf
09-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Specifically around me? Decrease the output and make the items harder to obtain so we dont have a major power shift in the top 600 syndicates. Gree will only lose players and revenue, its obvious. And im not a minority... 2000 other syns would probably agree. Of course not the top 600

Haha....how much revenue will GREE lose if every member in a syndicate not in the top 600 quits? By definition, not much, because if they were spending anything significant they would be in top 600 syndicate.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:33 PM
When you made the decision to start a new syndicate, you knew that there were 2-3 events going on at all times and very weekend was a syndicate event (2 pvps followed by the main war). You had to have known that while you are getting your syndicate up to speed, you would take a few steps back vs your peers, with the hope in the long term you would be better off in your new syndicate versus where you would have been in your old syndicate.

If you did not make the decision with this mindset, then you had faulty expectations....

And every person thinking of starting a new syndicate should have the above in mind when deciding whether to start one or join a current one.

Pvps and wars dont make a powershift as incredible as this sltq... The top 25 reap the good rewards so i knew i wouldnt fall much behind versus my peers. Untill the sltq came around. And btw mini if you want to play against the sane players everyday you can have fun with that. Everyone knows a thriving business must attract new customers and not just their regulars.

Chica
09-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Already said a team of 28 can do for free.... So are only top 25 teams only have 28 players?

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Not to mention if everyone out of the top 600 did quit. 200 out of the top 600 would quit due to lack of activity it would be the same 200-400 syndicates playing and that's all. Not saying thats going to happen, im just putting your theory into perspective.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Already said a team of 28 can do for free.... So are only top 25 teams only have 28 players?
you make no sense shhh... I said i knew starting a syndicate i would fall behind from pvp and wars which isnt much. I didnt know they were going to come out with an sltq easy to obtain if you have "28 players". They need to make it HARDER. So we can keep some balance

Chica
09-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Uhhh if they made it harder then we are stuck in the same situation, high gold players and the already strong get stronger and the rest lag behind.

nico valentino
09-02-2013, 11:55 PM
If they keep it like this then the top 600 will get stronger and the rest will lag behind. It just makes the situation worse

BigMoney
09-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Guys, I think it's really unfair that FC gets the best prizes every war (well, technically). The gap between Top 3, who spend thousands more in gold than everyone else per month, and everyone else, keeps growing. I think GREE should give the same prizes to everyone in the Top 4000 syndicates no matter much gold they spend, because that would be more fair. There should be massive amounts of parity in the game despite participation level and spending level.

/sarcasm

I think this topic has run its course.

bald zeemer
09-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Pvps and wars dont make a powershift as incredible as this sltq... The top 25 reap the good rewards so i knew i wouldnt fall much behind versus my peers. Untill the sltq came around. And btw mini if you want to play against the sane players everyday you can have fun with that. Everyone knows a thriving business must attract new customers and not just their regulars.

If every syndicate below 600 stopped playing I'd still be playing against the exact same number of people.

noamlin
09-03-2013, 01:02 AM
You are right. But the whole problem starts with gree's points points system. The amount of cash and items u can get by ur own is nothing compared to events items. Gold is also nothing in the daily play when not working ur ass off on some ltq.
The whole system for giving u A/D should have been way different:
Cash items should give X attack, while events items should give 2X attack, and gold items should give 3X attack.
Your stats should multiply according to ur level - a lvl50 dude with 10000 attack should have it multiplied by something like 1.25, and a lvl100 should have it multiplied by 1.5...
This is how most games work.

Smoothie
09-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Sorry pawn.. But the 588,000 energy was for level 20 only... I don't know the total for the whole event, but it's considerably more.

BigMoney
09-03-2013, 01:57 AM
With a full syndicate of 60 players actively participating and using all of their energy, there is plenty of time for everybody to get this prize on their own.

A total of 588,000 energy was needed to complete this event. Assuming 60 players are all participating equally then each player will need to use 9800 energy over the course of the 5 days. 5 days of time would mean that every syndicate member would regenerate 21,600 energy total without mods. That doesn't even take into account the energy they have on hand at the beginning of the event. The minimum number of syndicate members in order to complete this event is 28. That honestly doesn't sound like weak are getting weaker to me...

That's 28 if you don't take into account they have energy to start with. Let's assume that everybody has 1000 energy to start with. That is 22,600 energy over 5 days. Now there is one less member needed.

I can see where you're going with the thread and everything, but this is a very obtainable item to mostly everybody who logs into the game before their energy bar completely fills up. It was about a 100k stat gain for me personally.

Sorry pawn.. But the 588,000 energy was for level 20 only... I don't know the total for the whole event, but it's considerably more.

This is true, nice catch. I thought something sounded off when I first read it. I didn't keep rigorous track, but I believe it is something like 1.4-1.5mil energy total. Over 60 people and 3 energy per minute, that's 5.78 days (with class bonus, 5.2 days). Which makes sense, I highly doubt it'd ever be possible to do any LTQs free.

I could only see it possibly being done free with massive amounts of prehits (which is feasible). Map bosses are always good targets to prehit, and I had been preaching to my syndicate to prehit the stupid bosses ever since I heard rumors of this event. Even with all bosses prehit, you'd still have to slog through the last few levels if you were playing for free.

bald zeemer
09-03-2013, 02:00 AM
You are right. But the whole problem starts with gree's points points system. The amount of cash and items u can get by ur own is nothing compared to events items. Gold is also nothing in the daily play when not working ur ass off on some ltq.
The whole system for giving u A/D should have been way different:
Cash items should give X attack, while events items should give 2X attack, and gold items should give 3X attack.
Your stats should multiply according to ur level - a lvl50 dude with 10000 attack should have it multiplied by something like 1.25, and a lvl100 should have it multiplied by 1.5...
This is how most games work.

There is actually a level-based attack modifier, but it's applied to skill points, and therefore completely irrelevant.

Smoothie
09-03-2013, 02:18 AM
A few of our guys have the top prize.. By moving around and helping other teams. The leader took up Bald Zeemers very kind offer the other day. But the rest of the team have been using every bit of energy.. They are 20 loot items short of finishing L19 now. 20 looks impossible :-(

VikesUK
09-03-2013, 02:19 AM
This is true, nice catch. I thought something sounded off when I first read it. I didn't keep rigorous track, but I believe it is something like 1.4-1.5mil energy total. Over 60 people and 3 energy per minute, that's 5.78 days (with class bonus, 5.2 days). Which makes sense, I highly doubt it'd ever be possible to do any LTQs free.

I could only see it possibly being done free with massive amounts of prehits (which is feasible). Map bosses are always good targets to prehit, and I had been preaching to my syndicate to prehit the stupid bosses ever since I heard rumors of this event. Even with all bosses prehit, you'd still have to slog through the last few levels if you were playing for free.

I think the poor individual you were quoting had read the STLQ and thought level 20 @ 588,000 was the cumulative rather than the level 20 alone cost. Cut people some slack please - people are not as smart as you sometimes biggie..

PS - found a low level tagged oTTiG - much attacks given!

got the typical insane expletives and threats on my wall!

Chica
09-03-2013, 02:41 AM

Need to factor in level ups to which for some people ( like myself) is a huge boost.

BigMoney
09-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Need to factor in level ups to which for some people ( like myself) is a huge boost.

Not really. Even if you have a large amount of energy, say, 4000 energy, that still only represents 0.2% of the syndicate LTQ per level up.

Ragmondino
09-03-2013, 04:01 AM
When they introduce the LTQ into wars, it'll be FC and a lot of lower ranked syns who get the prize. No one in the top 25 bar FC will get the major prize. It then becomes a game about strategy rather than a money push. Just read the mw forum to see..

Dipstik
09-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Hey op: please make these threads during the day.

Brendan
09-03-2013, 05:24 AM
If they keep it like this then the top 600 will get stronger and the rest will lag behind. It just makes the situation worse

If they gave the weapon away to everyone what would be the point? Sounds like you were unlucky in starting up a new syndicate at the time the event was happening but if you were organised you could have taken turns in going and helping out other syndicates and getting rewards that way.

Drew's Crew
09-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Hey op: please make these threads during the day.

No pony??? Now I'm sad.

Butt Futter
09-03-2013, 07:21 AM
When they introduce the LTQ into wars, it'll be FC and a lot of lower ranked syns who get the prize. No one in the top 25 bar FC will get the major prize. It then becomes a game about strategy rather than a money push. Just read the mw forum to see..

What do you mean?

Jammingdude2
09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
I was kicked from my syndicate because I wasn't producing as much stamina as the level 200 players in this event.
This games getting old.

CC is loosing its fun because u need a syndicate to be somewhat successful.

This game used to be a fair fighting field now it's all about the money :/

Dipstik
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
This game used to be a fair fighting field now it's all about the money :/

http://arch.413chan.net/laughing_pony-(n1311201275897).gif

Drew's Crew
09-03-2013, 07:31 AM
http://arch.413chan.net/laughing_pony-(n1311201275897).gif

A PONY!!!!! YEA!!!!!! Sorry. I'm a tad silly today. 32 more hits until we've completed level 20!!!!

Mack The Knife
09-03-2013, 08:35 AM
I think pretty much everything of note has been said but here's my two cents anyway.

It's cool to say "we either succeed or fail together as a syndicate." Nothing wrong with that, its almost admirable and fosters a sense of camaraderie among members, everyone feels a loyalty to everyone else. But it means you'll only be as strong as your weakest members. If you imagine every empty space in your 18/60 syndicate as a member who isn't contributing you can see why certain goals are unobtainable for you. As it should be. If a smaller syndicate could reach this goal easily or even with moderate effort then what would be the point of having a larger syndicate that takes up more time and resources to maintain?

You say it's more difficult to recruit now. of course it is. people need adequate incentive to join a syndicate. friendship will only get you so far. you're going to have to claw your way up adding slowly. eventually you'll hit the tipping point where your syndicate will look like a good investment of people's time and energy.

Lastly your claim that the stat increases are overpowered is just sour g****s. Its a subjective claim based on your own stats and the perceived disparity you feel it'll create.

But you're partially right, it will make the strong stronger and the weak comparatively weaker. but it also gives a huge boost to those of us somewhere in the middle. especially compared to other middle players who don't have it or even higher level players who don't have it. In short SLTQs might be a game changer for the largest group of daily players on CC the middle class.

Ben Raines
09-03-2013, 10:55 AM
The strong keep getting stronger and the weak stay weak... we just started 19/20 if u can help and want to pay for opening another spot and help us finish let me know. We wont finish without help...unwed currently have 38 members so not sure what bonuses cost at this point, just reimburse us cost and help us try and finish. Pm me if interested

Blueeyed
09-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Nico, are you still ok #12? I'm on 12 also, I'd be willing to come in and help with a little gold as well to get things moving along... Let me know, thanks!

dr007
09-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Lakers versus celtics? What decade are we in?

Stooboot
09-03-2013, 11:52 AM
This game used to be a fair fighting field now it's all about the money

What have u been smoking and where can i get some. This game has been "pay to win" since day 1.

Lakers versus celtics? What decade are we in?

what analogy would u like lebron vs the nba? and i wasent even alive during lakers, celtics

kido kido
09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
AUCTION AUCTION, AUCTION WE also have two spots for auction

Our syn has two spots for LVL 20 prizes , please let us know if u r willing to pay with CC Cash. the best offers will be accepted .

please send frind request to :
718-401061
or
to be my mafia then we can talk about the cash

our syn number :

HURRY it will be done soon today

Beamer 420
09-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Wow this post is beginning to sound like American Politics. Its not fair the rich keep making lots of money, I want to work at McDonalds and make lots of money!!!

Just FYI, I havent spent a dime on this game and I'm on Lvl 66 with 200k att/def. Just think of it like this, If those gold players stopped spending gold then the folks at Gree wouldn't be making any money and would have no reason to further develop this game that most of us play for FREE! So thank you GOLD spenders for providing me with a fairly
entertaining game.