PDA

View Full Version : This is the end of WD

thundarr
09-02-2013, 05:13 PM
This is the end of WD. Handing out 60K (AEO sun stalker) units during the faction LTQ is a joke. You get more in 1 unit than 5 complete WD units with a fortune in gold and hours of staying up. The game is ruined beyond redemption. Not sure what the point is. Why do LTQ or box or boss when you can get this unit? Why spend any gold. Small factions get better units than higher ones. I got better units with my llp's than my hlp. This is was and always will be a utter and total disaster and the balance of the game is gone forever. Whoever thought this up has destroyed what has taken years to establish. Our last WD war was against a low level faction that was loaded with 10K units plus others just for winning 35 or 50 wars. We spent a fortune in Gold and got lesser units. The top 25 finishers must be livid after spending a fortune and little nothing factions get better rewards. I will do nothing until the next WD event except work on my boost buildings and composite factory for my llp's. The game is done.

General Soviet
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
This is the end of WD. Handing out 60K (AEO sun stalker) units during the faction LTQ is a joke. You get more in 1 unit than 5 complete WD units with a fortune in gold and hours of staying up. The game is ruined beyond redemption. Not sure what the point is. Why do LTQ or box or boss when you can get this unit? Why spend any gold. Small factions get better units than higher ones. I got better units with my llp's than my hlp. This is was and always will be a utter and total disaster and the balance of the game is gone forever. Whoever thought this up has destroyed what has taken years to establish. Our last WD war was against a low level faction that was loaded with 10K units plus others just for winning 35 or 50 wars. We spent a fortune in Gold and got lesser units. The top 25 finishers must be livid after spending a fortune and little nothing factions get better rewards. I will do nothing until the next WD event except work on my boost buildings and composite factory for my llp's. The game is done.
Couldn't say it better myself. There's no point in spending money to get higher ranked in WD if low level factions can win the best unit in the game with ease. While KA stat inflation happened somewhat gradually, this is ridiculous.

tayyib
09-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Completely agree with thundarr . Now gree has to suffer even higher factions are gonna go in very low ranking in future WD. If they don`t change this policy they have to beg for people to come and buy gold from them. Gree screwed this up again big time.

Nav10
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
I agree with u

BIG DH
09-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Livid wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe my feelings towards smaller teams getting big units like the sun stalker. Congratulations is a much better word for the teams who did something my team couldn't, stringing wins in WD isn't supposed to be easy, we needed the last war to get to 35wins and level requiring 6 consecutive wins. We left with some pretty good units and hopefully gree does this again. The faction ltq did something this war that's been missing for a while, brought strategy back to the game for the top 25. As for the balance of the game, the game has been irreparably unbalanced since WD started, save for a few teams sneaking up and biting top 10 teams in the ass. If you don't believe that, think about the top 10 regulars since the beginning. As for the little nothing faction statement, that does nothing but disrespects all the ppl who hope to break into different levels of competition in this game, maybe this unit takes a top 1000 team and helps them break in to top 500. The next level is what drives those little nothing factions. Don't minimize their contributions to the game because your team failed where there's succeeded

BigWooly
09-02-2013, 05:37 PM
This was a way to level the playing field for new players. Instead of mashing a button like a monkey after a banana you had to use some strategy. Yes the units were horribly lopsided and obviously should be adjusted to a more even layout. It was very difficult to EARN that unit. I bet you didn't gripe when the over priced le buildings came out. There is no way for newer players to overcome those. It's a game if you don't like it don't play but don't whine about missing out on something that couldn't just be bought by spending an obscene amout of real world cash.

Perilous
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Here, here....unless you are sup1 but with top 50 stats you are better off creating a small faction and remaking havoc against the recreational players. Also, there were some and wi ll be more 1 player factions with stud players to get matched up against other 1 player factions that won't be able to touch them.

Superdude
09-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Completely agreed nice job gree

Wayne-Metal
09-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I disagree, this creates more of an advantage to lower ranked factions. Top 25 teams are already loaded with bonuses and lower factions will never catch up to those boosts that they've gotten from all the WD events. This might make the game better for the people that don't waste money on an online game.

King Dante!
09-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Glad I'm a strategic player and not one that just throws a bunch of money into the game and levels up with complete disregard.. or else I'd probably be a little mad too lol

Luckily I was able to put myself in a position to where I was able to benefit from this past LTQ event by sticking to my guns, being patient and remaining a top player in the tier :)

thundarr
09-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Livid wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe my feelings towards smaller teams getting big units like the sun stalker. Congratulations is a much better word for the teams who did something my team couldn't, stringing wins in WD isn't supposed to be easy, we needed the last war to get to 35wins and level requiring 6 consecutive wins. We left with some pretty good units and hopefully gree does this again. The faction ltq did something this war that's been missing for a while, brought strategy back to the game for the top 25. As for the balance of the game, the game has been irreparably unbalanced since WD started, save for a few teams sneaking up and biting top 10 teams in the ass. If you don't believe that, think about the top 10 regulars since the beginning. As for the little nothing faction statement, that does nothing but disrespects all the ppl who hope to break into different levels of competition in this game, maybe this unit takes a top 1000 team and helps them break in to top 500. The next level is what drives those little nothing factions. Don't minimize their contributions to the game because your team failed where there's succeeded

Strategy or not the game has been ruined. Gree depends on people throwing money away to achieve better stats for themselves. If a faction can get a unit that is better than the top WD prize and spend nothing what is the point of building up your stats. In my opinion this is worse than hacking because Gree started this and it can't be undone with a ban. Was someone trying to ruin the game? I won't spend another cent. I will do the best with my current player and not bother with anything but the WD event. Saves me lots of time and money.

Stooboot
09-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Did any of u get that prize? Of course u didnt or u wouldnt b on here bi tching so who cares if the sups get it does it really matter if there stats are 4mill or 4,006,4000 no one is goin to beat them with or with out these units plain and simple. Bring it on gree give the haters something else to complain about because they cant get it. Also if u think a top 1000 team can get this unit because they are top 1000 well they r top 1000 for a reason. U can have a team full of players with stats 4 mill+ if u dont spends vaults u wont place top 250. Fyi I didnt get the item either.

lemonhaze
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Did any of u get that prize? Of course u didnt or u wouldnt b on here bi tching so who cares if the sups get it does it really matter if there stats are 4mill or 4,006,4000 no one is goin to beat them with or with out these units plain and simple. Bring it on gree give the haters something else to complain about because they cant get it. Also if u think a top 1000 team can get this unit because they are top 1000 well they r top 1000 for a reason. U can have a team full of players with stats 4 mill+ if u dont spends vaults u wont place top 250. Fyi I didnt get the item either. i didnt get the unit either and im cool with what i did get..if it helps bring more competiton to the top 10/25 then its fine wit me..they might have got that one unit but i gained over 80k attack today and 250k in def so congrats to all that did get it..it was not easy to do

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 06:03 PM

Conpletely agree. People getting mad because it involved strategy in a strategy game. People who lay claims to being "the best in the game" because they spend a lot got shown up. Lower ranked players with a good strategic mind proved who the ones who actually are good at the game are.

thundarr
09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
You are missing the point. What keeps MW going is money flooding into Gree's bank account. If the money slows than we have a big problem. We take it for granted that when we log on the game works (most of the time) and we get our units we are supposed to and everything works (for the most part). I think its great to balance the game but when the big spenders stop spending there goes MW as we know it. I have 2 llp's and they are much stronger now which is great but the balance has forever been altered and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. If Gree was looking to balance the game and make it easier for new players they have succeeded brilliantly BUT I think they will see a significant drop off in money as a result. I see no reason to spend anything anymore. I will just build up my bases and forget about the game till WD.

BigWooly
09-02-2013, 06:13 PM
tRIGGERhAPPYcORP is was and has always been top 250 fac. Not this time cause we are smart. We don't spend much gold but some. We win cause we've got good strategy and great members. We got the prize, if I new how to post a pic I would. Gree knows exactly what they are doing. Peeps won't blow gold to be a top faction because it's unachievable if your not already there. But they will blow 3 times as much trying to obtain a near impossible goal. Grees customer service is sh#! but the guys thinking up new ways to bring in money must be some of the best in the business. Why else would so many spend so much on this buggy ass game.

fkamb
09-02-2013, 06:14 PM
So normally lots of threads/complaints here are about not able to get something without gold, and now it's the other way around. Very funny. It was a nice twist. So, now it's one man's factions with very high defence stats, who can rule modern war. And they don't even have to lift a finger. Well, one finger every hour. Just declare, nothing else, looks like gree did go cartel way after all.

2b2looney
09-02-2013, 06:16 PM
At the end of the day this game punishes hard work and promotes being in the right place/right time. Who knew having a camper faction with a strong DL would erase months of hard work from everyone else.

DFI
09-02-2013, 06:16 PM
You can only be strategic if there are clear known rules. This is out of left field, which is fine if they stick with it. But if gree changes the format again due to poor feedback, then it's just chaos. Changing the game off and on is fine, but lets not make it like the way the wind blows. If you want to even out the playing field, no sense benefiting only the lowest of factions, as is, the gap between top 25 and 50 is wide, and same for 50 and 100.

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm not missing any point. The big spenders will still spend. Why? Because there ego forces them to. They spend when the prizes are useless. They spend when they are good. They will always spend. Most of the big spenders want to see there name up the top, want there name to be recognisable. So will always spend big to be up there.
As others have said, what gree has done here is bought in more spenders. People who normally wouldn't spend but saw for a little spend the goal was in there reach. So on top of the big spenders who won't stop, they now have a whole bunch of smaller new spenders. And as most of us now, when you've made that first small purchase. It's easier for them to get bigger and bigger..

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 06:21 PM
You can only be strategic if there are clear known rules. This is out of left field, which is fine if they stick with it. But if gree changes the format again due to poor feedback, then it's just chaos. Changing the game off and on is fine, but lets not make it like the way the wind blows. If you want to even out the playing field, no sense benefiting only the lowest of factions, as is, the gap between top 25 and 50 is wide, and same for 50 and 100.

A good strategist will change for each battle. When a curve ball is thrown, he will know what the best way to deal with it is. On the spot thinking and planning is hard and shows true good players.

vorm
09-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Why should we spend tons in gold for the war, spend tons of time building a strong faction, and play hard all weekend when you can get better prizes by NOT doing that? Lots of us in high finishing factions are wondering what the point is now. If it was Gree's plan to bust up how the game is played and get people to spend less, then they are succeeding, because I'm sure most everyone has quickly figured out that it's impossible to get both the top WD prizes and the top war LTQ prizes at the same time, so since the LTQ prizes are better, might as well go for them instead and save yourself a ton of gold.

I'm sure Gree thought that it would bring is tons more cash as teams blew through gold trying to win a shoot out against another team, and that it did, as I know my faction had several of those were an insane amount of points were scored in the final minutes by both teams trying for the win, but it didn't take us long to figure out you aren't always going to get the win like that, especially when every battle you're going up against top 25's and top 10's. You'll win some and you'll lose some, but you will lose enough to put those top prizes out of reach. Meanwhile low ranked factions who have spent very little to no gold can get them, and by doing so get better units than you did.

fofito30
09-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I still don't understand those who claim the so called "strategy of the game", guys and girls: the game shifted the second Gree decided to involve higher rewards than actual prizes to be won during WD event. What has happened is players that create a balance of "stats power" within the faction are now penalized for the weaker link in that faction. And I say the weaker link because as much gold that a group of players bring into the game the faction as a whole will only be as strong as the weaker players, making the strongest players either move on to new factions or simply move on to one person factions. Strategy in this game my friends is about the strongest faction with deepest pockets buying tons of gold to force their way into a win.
On another threat I mentioned that in my personal opinion the so called "top faction prize" had a faction in mind, only that I knew was able to pull 53 consecutive wins and they do deserve all the credit for keeping a cohesive force that has grown strong event after event and spend tons of gold as well. To SUP1 and its members my deepest admiration and congratulations for a great run also, the same goes to those other teams that were able to pull any of those streaks and wins.
Would finish by saying this: (1) my Team achieved the goals we had set before India; (2) my Team reached several of the goals set up by this new system; (3) if anyone at Gree is listening or reading you guys should think about lowering the high stats given in the Faction LTQ during WD or increase proportionally the Top prizes and also should consider allowing Factions to drop or remove members during WD weekend -believe this been asked by several players over months

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I still don't understand those who claim the so called "strategy of the game", guys and girls: the game shifted the second Gree decided to involve higher rewards than actual prizes to be won during WD event. What has happened is players that create a balance of "stats power" within the faction are now penalized for the weaker link in that faction. And I say the weaker link because as much gold that a group of players bring into the game the faction as a whole will only be as strong as the weaker players, making the strongest players either move on to new factions or simply move on to one person factions. Strategy in this game my friends is about the strongest faction with deepest pockets buying tons of gold to force their way into a win.
On another threat I mentioned that in my personal opinion the so called "top faction prize" had a faction in mind, only that I knew was able to pull 53 consecutive wins and they do deserve all the credit for keeping a cohesive force that has grown strong event after event and spend tons of gold as well. To SUP1 and its members my deepest admiration and congratulations for a great run also, the same goes to those other teams that were able to pull any of those streaks and wins.
Would finish by saying this: (1) my Team achieved the goals we had set before India; (2) my Team reached several of the goals set up by this new system; (3) if anyone at Gree is listening or reading you guys should think about lowering the high stats given in the Faction LTQ during WD or increase proportionally the Top prizes and also should consider allowing Factions to drop or remove members during WD weekend -believe this been asked by several players over months

See you are wrong. You say strategy in this game is who has the deepest pockets. The low spending factions with good strategic minds prove that point wrong..

Vorm no one is saying you should spend a ton of gold. What I said is most of you still will. It's different.

thundarr
09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I havenīt even turned the game on since the end of the WD. Nothing to do now but collect my money and wait for the next WD next month. Maybe I will do the boss event but nothing else. Actually its nice having a break.

index
09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Obviously Gree wants to balance the game. SUP1 will always be number 1 if stats of other factions is unable reach theirs. Any decision will never give best to the two world. Same reality for your own world that rich will not support policy that flavor the poor. Rich wants to remain as rich and they never wanted anyone to overtake them. This is a chance that Gree create to narrow the gap between the high stats guys and low stats guys. This is a vicious cycle. This makes the wd more competitive as rich will need to spend more to widen the gap from the lower stats guys and they always will spend to remain as top. This is fame for them to stay at top.

Robespierre
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
See you are wrong. You say strategy in this game is who has the deepest pockets. The low spending factions with good strategic minds prove that point wrong...

Nope. Those that benefited were the factions at either end of the bell-curve. Those in the middle were paired against streak-killing higher factions in substantially higher tiers (and therefore higher spending tiers). I know of T400 being paired with T25 after 4 or 5 wins in the streak, ending the chance at top prizes in one loss.

The event was geared towards the top 2 factions, and the lowest tiered factions got lucky by happenstance. No advance warning on the goal chain was broadcast (at least through official channels), and therefore the winning/prime faction organization in the lower tiers was only by chance. Had others known about the now-important wins instead of points paradigm shift, you can bet the high-level, low-stat players would have been kicked out of factions en-masse as too much risk. The high-level, low-stat players are going to be farmed out to pasture with the backwards WD point systems; contingencies to the wins under the new priorities.

Deep pockets is the name of the game here, and occasionally you might get lucky through unintended consequences. Happens a few times--remember the "assault leader" 15-minute window of opportunity? Like all gambling addictions, the hope of a big payout will keep you on the line. Realizing you have a problem is the first step. Looking at who is controlling your behavior is enlightenment. All the best my friends...

CJ D
09-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Here's the problem. The "little guys" who got this great stat boost are going to be thrust upward. You will get rocked next WD event. Cause I got news for you. The guys in the 100-500 range have every bit the strategy. But bigger spenders and stronger players. You pat yourselves on the back now. And so do I. Good job. At the same time, good luck.

If the current stat difference is held in ltq prizes and WD tier prizes, it will cost gree money. I look for one more event similar stat wise....then gree will realize they made a major booboo. Get it while you can boys. We are pushing for 150 in France. Ltq prizes be damned.

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 07:08 PM
This has been going on in KA for two wars now, and it has been fine. The top 1 will always get it, and so have many other factions, ranging from top 10 down to the bottom of the ladder. With a good strategy it's doable. It's not something anyone other than sup can throw money at and win. This takes a well thought out strategy. It makes the game better and more of a game. Like its meant to be. It's winnable. Rather than just being 1 big auction. The only people who complain are those who spend a lot and didnt win. This adds a new dimension. A very strategic free player with a good battle plan is worth as much as a good gold spender here..

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Here's the problem. The "little guys" who got this great stat boost are going to be thrust upward. You will get rocked next WD event. Cause I got news for you. The guys in the 100-500 range have every bit the strategy. But bigger spenders and stronger players. You pat yourselves on the back now. And so do I. Good job. At the same time, good luck.

If the current stat difference is held in ltq prizes and WD tier prizes, it will cost gree money. I look for one more event similar stat wise....then gree will realize they made a major booboo. Get it while you can boys. We are pushing for 150 in France. Ltq prizes be damned.

They've already rolled this out in other games, and they are pushing ahead with it so it won't just be a one or two time thing..
Having deep pockets and having good strategy are two seperate things. If they had the strategy, they would of win this event.

lemonhaze
09-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm not missing any point. The big spenders will still spend. Why? Because there ego forces them to. They spend when the prizes are useless. They spend when they are good. They will always spend. Most of the big spenders want to see there name up the top, want there name to be recognisable. So will always spend big to be up there.
As others have said, what gree has done here is bought in more spenders. People who normally wouldn't spend but saw for a little spend the goal was in there reach. So on top of the big spenders who won't stop, they now have a whole bunch of smaller new spenders. And as most of us now, when you've made that first small purchase. It's easier for them to get bigger and bigger.. lol isnt that true..i started out just getting the 50 gold then worked my way to 110 and so on..i thought man if i could just get 1 vault 1 time i would be happy and be done wit it..did it stop there NOPE lol now buying multi vaults is only way to achevie same feeling

fofito30
09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
A good strategist will change for each battle. When a curve ball is thrown, he will know what the best way to deal with it is. On the spot thinking and planning is hard and shows true good players.
True to that, a good strategist has to overcome and improvise as they say. In business you are allowed to trim the fat, believe in other venues is called drop the dead weight. In war there are casualties and armies should be allowed to bury their casualties.
Want a fair strategic reply, Gree should have warned ahead of time of the new "Faction LTQ" and its goals, as it is done in MW -or- simply during the event allow factions officers to drop those members that are hurting the collective goal on both the WD event and also LTQ.

Ragmondino
09-02-2013, 07:16 PM
True to that, a good strategist has to overcome and improvise as they say. In business you are allowed to trim the fat, believe in other venues is called drop the dead weight. In war there are casualties and armies should be allowed to bury their casualties.
Want a fair strategic reply, Gree should have warned ahead of time of the new "Faction LTQ" and its goals, as it is done in MW -or- simply during the event allow factions officers to drop those members that are hurting the collective goal on both the WD event and also LTQ.

Want a bit of advice there? Keep an eye on the KA forum. Gree rolls things out there first normally..

DFI
09-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Sure, you need to be nimble and be able to change, but those who benefited in lower factions wasn't due to strategy, but by accident or chance. If you were looking at KA and made a great educated guess, I think that's wonderful. But that isn't how most people came about. So lets not confuse strategy and luck.

Sal T Iguana
09-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Not too long ago winning didn't matter in world domination. It was all about the points but now, winning does mean something. I think it's great, you plan better and spend less. Congratulations to those who have earned that 64k plane. Well done!

Mcdoc
09-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I personally want to thank ALL of those guys who rushed to reach level 250 back in April to win what was then the highest unit in the game :) when their player stats really couldn't support that high of a level.

It is those guys 250 with less than 1.5 million stats - lurking inside some top 50 factions - who give each team a WD ATM. If you're not sure if its you that I am thanking - look at your WD win/loss. If you have over 500 losses - then you are one of the WD Candy Machines I speak of.

Now - maybe - a few leaders who took snap shots of everyone's WD totals - will take extra notice of who had a ton of losses to see who their Freebie WD handout players are and reconsider if that person is helping them - or helping all of the factions that face them.

I could name a few names - but every team who collects / records intel - probably already had a WD ATM identified on each team and pray that player is still on that team in the next battle :)

Stooboot
09-02-2013, 09:35 PM
So normally lots of threads/complaints here are about not able to get something without gold, and now it's the other way around. Very funny. It was a nice twist. So, now it's one man's factions with very high defence stats, who can rule modern war. And they don't even have to lift a finger. Well, one finger every hour. Just declare, nothing else, looks like gree did go cartel way after all.
Exactly it doesn't matter everyone will complain if gree gives out free 10000 stat items cuz thats "floodinv the game" u will never win with ppl like them

Robespierre
09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I personally want to thank ALL of those guys who rushed to reach level 250 back in April to win what was then the highest unit in the game :) when their player stats really couldn't support that high of a level.

It is those guys 250 with less than 1.5 million stats - lurking inside some top 50 factions - who give each team a WD ATM. If you're not sure if its you that I am thanking - look at your WD win/loss. If you have over 500 losses - then you are one of the WD Candy Machines I speak of . . . .

So let me get this right...now that wins matter, you're judging what people did in the past to get similar results (trinkets) now that the rules have changed? What a cad and a Monday morning quarterback. If your foresight is so keen, tell us all o-great sage, what shall MW be like in four months? I can tell you...full of Machiavellian addicts and petty tyrants. Take your down-talking drivel elsewhere. We are here to have fun, not to suffer such insults.

Gunfighter
09-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I think the number of lower ranked factions who got the top prizes is a little over exaggerated. We faced a lot of factions from all over the spectrum (top 250 all the way up to a couple of 2000+) and I saw very few low ranked factions with any of the streak prizes, let alone the higher ones. We were ranked between 600 and 400 for most of India and it was no cake walk. We adapted quickly and developed a plan for the LTQs. We were well organized, had a min of 5 active players before declaring (several were putting in near 24 hour shifts) and constantly worked to maintain our ranking so we weren't placed against factions that completely outclassed us (which is not as easy as it sounds). Even with all that many of us still had to drop several vaults to get to the end.

I think that for France we'll see a lot more factions going for the LTQs and with the added competition getting to the top prizes for free will be near impossible. That said, I do think that the prizes should be more balanced with the WD prizes.

Mcdoc
09-02-2013, 10:20 PM
So let me get this right...now that wins matter, you're judging what people did in the past to get similar results (trinkets) now that the rules have changed? What a cad and a Monday morning quarterback. If your foresight is so keen, tell us all o-great sage, what shall MW be like in four months? I can tell you...full of Machiavellian addicts and petty tyrants. Take your down-talking drivel elsewhere. We are here to have fun, not to suffer such insults.

Why do trolls always resort to attacking the person verses arguing the idea?

What I am saying is - when Gree offered up that huge stat unit for us to Race to level 250 - some people took the bait but weren't ready to be that high with their stats. It seemed somewhat enticing at that time - but it also seemed that Gree was just trying to chum up some bait for WD points when players complained that they couldn't score points against the higher teams.

I am just thankful to find a level 250 player with 1.2 million stats - our whole team feasts on the WD Buffet those players provide. As far as "keen" foresight - I didn't take the bait and rush to 250 because I felt it was better to be Low Level with high stats versus just being High Level and unable to compete with the other players at that level. I don't think that's foresight - I think it's strategy.

Nothing negative in my post - just showing gratitude for a strategy that turned out to be in the favor of those who chose to stay low in level :).

The bitterness coming from some people always surprises me - geez - take a chill pill and wipe the "dribble" from your mouth with a diaper.

Edit: Oh - never mind - I see that you just started this account a few days ago - I get now - most trolls who flame and get banned actually DO cower behind new anonymous names - it makes sense now.

Robespierre
09-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Why do trolls always resort to attacking the person verses arguing the idea?

What I am saying is - when Gree offered up that huge stat unit for us to Race to level 250 - some people took the bait but weren't ready to be that high with their stats. It seemed somewhat enticing at that time - but it also seemed that Gree was just trying to chum up some bait for WD points when players complained that they couldn't score points against the higher teams.

I am just thankful to find a level 250 player with 1.2 million stats - our whole team feasts on the WD Buffet those players provide. As far as "keen" foresight - I didn't take the bait and rush to 250 because I felt it was better to be Low Level with high stats versus just being High Level and unable to compete with the other players at that level. I don't think that's foresight - I think it's strategy.

Nothing negative in my post - just showing gratitude for a strategy that turned out to be in the favor of those who chose to stay low in level :).

The bitterness coming from some people always surprises me - geez - take a chill pill and wipe the "dribble" from your mouth with a diaper.

Edit: Oh - never mind - I see that you just started this account a few days ago - I get now - most trolls who flame and get banned actually DO cower behind new anonymous names - it makes sense now.

Here's your idea: cut the fat from your team because they aren't helping your goal...too bad, so sad: bloated at a high level without the stats to back it up. It was as much dumb luck that the priorities have changed. Cutting out players in such a non-nonchalant attitude devalues the contributions of those members in the past, not to mention the relationships built over the past events. Yes, they may be a liability for some super-cutthroat faction, but to be honest...if I was in an all business faction like that, it would be my lucky day to be booted because there are no friends among people with an attitude such as you are suggesting.

A reptilian approach like that takes all of the fun out of this, now more social than ever game, and then gloating about your luck that things turned out in your favor reeks of elitism. That is not strategy. Again, it is luck. So yes...I'll attack the idea and the attitude.

And as far as me being a noob troll...I have been here since they were complaining about the super hornet stat change from the Canadian version, the agent of love in the Feb '12 LE set, and the fighting Irish fiasco with the changed stats to the IRA fighter. Just because I haven't been pumping out years worth of posts doesn't mean I'm new around here. It was time to speak up for those that need to be spoken for.

lemonhaze
09-02-2013, 11:08 PM

It is those guys 250 with less than 1.5 million stats - lurking inside some top 50 factions - who give each team a WD ATM. If you're not sure if its you that I am thanking - look at your WD win/loss. If you have over 500 losses - then you are one of the WD Candy Machines I speak of.

Now - maybe - a few leaders who took snap shots of everyone's WD totals - will take extra notice of who had a ton of losses to see who their Freebie WD handout players are and reconsider if that person is helping them - or helping all of the factions that face them.

I could name a few names - but every team who collects / records intel - probably already had a WD ATM identified on each team and pray that player is still on that team in the next battle :) this is about the dumbest ideal i have ever seen u post mcdoc and u usally post great stuff..if ur in the top 10 teir u gonna take over 500 loses at lvl 250..we have a few on our team includeing myself..but when us lvl 250s in our factions put up over 300-800k points does the win lose ratio really matter..i can care less about the win/loss i take i got a golden army and for the rec my stats are higher then the 1.5m u mention..even our lvl 250 with 2.8m stats had over 8000 loses..cut the crap dude no one from our team that is lvl 250 will be going anywhere and we will be here for u to burn some gold on but at the same time we tap back..oh and u fought us in canada to and still didnt get enuff candy to place top 10 so what ur saying isnt really no truth to it..we must not been that great of a ATM bc u come in 11th lol have a good day

lemonhaze
09-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Here's your idea: cut the fat from your team because they aren't helping your goal...too bad, so sad: bloated at a high level without the stats to back it up. It was as much dumb luck that the priorities have changed. Cutting out players in such a non-nonchalant attitude devalues the contributions of those members in the past, not to mention the relationships built over the past events. Yes, they may be a liability for some super-cutthroat faction, but to be honest...if I was in an all business faction like that, it would be my lucky day to be booted because there are no friends among people with an attitude such as you are suggesting.

A reptilian approach like that takes all of the fun out of this, now more social than ever game, and then gloating about your luck that things turned out in your favor reeks of elitism. That is not strategy. Again, it is luck. So yes...I'll attack the idea and the attitude.

And as far as me being a noob troll...I have been here since they were complaining about the super hornet stat change from the Canadian version, the agent of love in the Feb '12 LE set, and the fighting Irish fiasco with the changed stats to the IRA fighter. Just because I haven't been pumping out years worth of posts doesn't mean I'm new around here. It was time to speak up for those that need to be spoken for. smartest post in this thread some are just way to serious over the virtual game and dont sound to me like they are haveing a great time..sounds like they are in some intensive boot camp i would never wanna be in a faction with people like him..remember what happen in canada lol i bet he was the first to jump ship and leave what he called family and brothers burning on a sinking ship

stephen2013
09-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Couple things to say here: The game is already massively unbalanced, probably beyond repair. Deal with it. New players have an advantage, but higher players do too in different ways. This should be equal. This unit is NOT levelling the playing field for anyone. If it was meant to, it's an incredibly horrible attempt. Stat inflation is ridiculous. My stats are 15 times higher now than they were in January this year, and I'm a free player.

MariaHutton
09-02-2013, 11:44 PM
What we have here is an attempt to kick the lower level players into playing the WD events not for the top placing that certain factions hold onto like a dragon and its golden loot but a shiny nugget missed by the others that have run past.

Little Bravo I am proud to say started slow as a top 4000 then 1500 faction but this war has pushed us to reach top 400 in the quest to reach these immense units and won, we planed and fought just like any other faction clawing for points against equally determined teams and in the end gree won as we did what we had to just like the big factions out there. End result is we get toys to make us an actual threat to some factions and we had a blast, gree gets us to lvl up and participate more. We are a long way from a danger to the top factions but it stirs up the pot which has settled into the same old results every war, there is now two directions for all factions to face... a fork in the road but its upto you what direction to take.

Mcdoc
09-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Here's your idea: cut the fat from your team because they aren't helping your goal...

this is about the dumbest ideal i have ever seen u post mcdoc and u usally post great stuff..

Ok - so I'm not suggesting that anyone cut someone over their losses - I am actually hoping that they don't - I was merely pointing that those who rushed to 250 only made themselves tasty targets - and I truly hope that they never get cut because if not for these guys - there are a few factions where I couldn't attack anyone at all.

Apologies for sounding anything other than grateful that some jumped on the 250 LTQ back in April even though that strategy didn't quite seem to fit the natural progression of building a player who is able to compete at the highest levels of each tier. I'm glad I didn't take the bait of that large stat unit - but I am also grateful others did. It WAS a strategic choice to not level up so quickly and blindly.

Also - you're right - 500 wasn't a good indicator - more like someone with more than 5,000 is a good indicator that most of the points scored against your team were focused on a few people that fall right on the edge of the tiers inside a faction - again - not to suggest that someone get cut (please don't - we need those WD pinatas) BUT - if I were a leader looking at my team results - those are the guys I would want to encourage to complete the LTQ's and Bosses or even encourage to buy LE Sets to get them out of that Target area.

I didn't snapshot the end of India - but I looked back at Canada and we had a few guys with more than 13,000 losses - but most people were under 300 losses (I was 503) and a few of our Low Level - High stat teammates were under 50 :)

BTW - someone hinted that they hoped Gree would release new level limits to 300 - if they do - I truly hope a few more people rush to get there - I for one - will not. But knowing Gree - they will introduce the first !00,000 point unit to entice people to rush to 300. When they did this before - I thought they were trying to flush out the hackers - in addition to providing fresh meat in WD battles

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
09-03-2013, 12:21 AM
The rich get richer and other 99% continue to get pounded into a trench. I've seen some of you guys talk about strategy being able to achieve the giant unit, but lets face it- no matter how weak or formidable the faction, it comes down to spending gold. The weak factions get paired with other weak factions, but someone has to lose. If ANY faction wants to win ALL wars, there will be times that gold is a must to ensure the win.
My faction had 38 wins in a row then got TROUNCED. Would have had to spend a lot of gold to pull out a win, and even then we only had about 3 of us that could get decent points because the matchup was so lopsided.
They might as well say, here is the biga$$ unit for SUP 1 and 2, instead of whatever dumb 'goal' they labeled it as.

Badboy0504
09-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Top 200 Faction shooting for Top 100. Operation Pokeaho. Faction Invite code: 365509459. 10 spots available! Great Bonuses: Building Output 15% Building Defense 30% Infantry Defense 30% Ground Defense 30% Health Recovery Time 30% Air Defense 20% Sea Defense 20% Infantry Attack 20% Ground Attack 10% Air Attack 5% Please Join my Alliance: 345-888-719.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
09-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Wrong thread darlin

ffp
09-03-2013, 01:28 AM
I personally think the faction LTQ was a partial success, the thinking was sound but execution not so. If the top prizes were 5k units with boosts, that would have been perfect as this matches the units given during normal LTQ. This allows everybody that participates n events some chance of getting prizes without overinflating stats.

jon_funzio
09-03-2013, 02:08 AM
My thoughts:
- The event did add an element of strategy into an event which has not had much to date.
- Participation became about so much more than turning up and hitting a points target, the teams that were most successful were those which had the most active participants - 60 players free hitting is not to be scoffed at.
- It was exhausting, but fun.

The only team I've seen in the top tiers who achieved the "grand" prize was SUP1 - and kudos to them, they were an unstoppable steam-roller, who anyone in their right might would try to avoid.

SUP2 and GSF both achieved the 9-win streak and the 50 wins, I'm unsure how many others did, although an honourable mention should go to Hong Kong Killer Elite who had the 8-streak prize on Sunday.

The biggest issues that we noticed were as follows:
- Time taken from war declaration to match - we often waited ten minutes for a match, some other teams reported waiting for up to 20 minutes.
- It is unclear what the criteria used to match teams are.
- some battles a large portion of our team were "unable to access server"

Overall, I liked the event - I think a lot of teams can improve their streaks and total wins by considering their strategies and reviewing their team participation. We simply ran out of time to complete the last win streak, which was a shame.

Question - lots of people are saying that they got "the prize" - are they referring to the one for completing the final win streak or just the one for winning 50 battles?

Gunfighter
09-03-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm assuming the prize for final win streak, since it was the one that has caused much of the controversy.

As for the rest of your post, I wholeheartedly agree.

Ragmondino
09-03-2013, 04:22 AM
My thoughts:
- The event did add an element of strategy into an event which has not had much to date.
- Participation became about so much more than turning up and hitting a points target, the teams that were most successful were those which had the most active participants - 60 players free hitting is not to be scoffed at.
- It was exhausting, but fun.

The only team I've seen in the top tiers who achieved the "grand" prize was SUP1 - and kudos to them, they were an unstoppable steam-roller, who anyone in their right might would try to avoid.

SUP2 and GSF both achieved the 9-win streak and the 50 wins, I'm unsure how many others did, although an honourable mention should go to Hong Kong Killer Elite who had the 8-streak prize on Sunday.

The biggest issues that we noticed were as follows:
- Time taken from war declaration to match - we often waited ten minutes for a match, some other teams reported waiting for up to 20 minutes.
- It is unclear what the criteria used to match teams are.
- some battles a large portion of our team were "unable to access server"

Overall, I liked the event - I think a lot of teams can improve their streaks and total wins by considering their strategies and reviewing their team participation. We simply ran out of time to complete the last win streak, which was a shame.

Question - lots of people are saying that they got "the prize" - are they referring to the one for completing the final win streak or just the one for winning 50 battles?

Very good post and I agree..
The main ones who seem to be complaining here so much are the big spenders who's idea of strategy is to chuck more money at the problem. You failed to get the unit, just as many others did, and just as many others fail to get a lot of units. Just let it go. You can't solve all your problems by throwing money at them. This was another one of those.
Move on, plan better for the next war and be ready when it comes up again.
Good luck to you all..
I think some will need a lot of it.

I am a cow
09-03-2013, 05:39 AM
If you face SUP you are automatically out of the runnig

jon_funzio
09-03-2013, 05:46 AM
If you face SUP you are automatically out of the runnig

Not true - any team is beatable, but then it comes down to how many people are fighting on each team, and how much gold they are willing to spend. If you have 60 people determined to win *with a target that they can hit* then anyone is beatable.

MojoJojo
09-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Not true - any team is beatable, but then it comes down to how many people are fighting on each team, and how much gold they are willing to spend. If you have 60 people determined to win *with a target that they can hit* then anyone is beatable.

Too true Jon.

The only point that Cow has is that it is very difficult to have all 60 members all have the ability to hit a player in sup1. With 60 players at high enough stats, gold and organisation it is possible. Ferr's group was the only ones that I've ever heard of that has beaten sup1 in a battle, and even then it was really close.

crazeejay
09-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Our strategy was simple. 7 high level powerful players in a brand new faction constantly getting paired up with lower factions that couldn't beat us. We barely used any gold. It was like taking candy from a baby. LOL

SGT Rud
09-03-2013, 06:59 AM
After spending the past 20 minutes reading all this, I have much to say, but for once keep it to myself and just offer my opinion of whats to come.

Thinking of how most faction match-ups occur, (total strength vs total strength), if you want, REALLY WANT, the 53 consec wins unit, here is what I see happening. Factions splitting down the middle. lets take Ferr, (for example) 60 members, all over 5 mil at and def. Lost to SUP1. split the faction in half, 30 members, probably no chances of facing SUP1, wont come in 2nd or 3rd for WD, but would deffinately increase their chances significantly of having the needed wins. Or break it down to 3rds, increase those chances even more.

Having a top 10 faction and crowding it with the highest stat players is becoming a burden. It has been for the lower stat free players and light gold players. Now Gree has turned the table and brought strategy back. It isnt about spending the most money to win anymore.

Choice one, 5 members break off, start some random bonus-less faction for WD, stats drop 300-400K. You are no longer going to face SUP1. You should be fighting in the top 1000/750 range. Minimal gold use. Should be easy being a high gold user to win battles down there. Get your awesome units, and return to your main faction at the end of WD.

Choices, are you wanting to get the smaller gain units from WD with boosts, or the huge leap of units in the LTQ. Who was the original author of "WD prizes are the best" or "WD prizes should be better than anything else in the game" or "WD is the most important aspect of modern war". NOBODY!

Bringing a low level/low stat guy to a high ranked faction was always a good idea. But doing so always seemed like charity. Now the tides are reversed. How many factions have sister factions or parent factions. Wouldnt you call them teammates as well. Is it possible that a top 50 faction didnt get the prizes, but their sister faction in top 1500 did. Perhaps you could look at it as a strategic move to move players of your TEAM ( top 50 and 1500) to make two top 400/250 or top 250/150 factions.

Just because the dynamics of the game changed and you need to rethink your battle plan, doesnt mean that the game is now imbalanced and will cease to exist tomorrow or next month. I used to play chess, and most people see it as when they lose their queen, the game is over. Put your pieces where you want them.

Thunder Child
09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
After spending the past 20 minutes reading all this, I have much to say, but for once keep it to myself and just offer my opinion of whats to come.

Thinking of how most faction match-ups occur, (total strength vs total strength), if you want, REALLY WANT, the 53 consec wins unit, here is what I see happening. Factions splitting down the middle. lets take Ferr, (for example) 60 members, all over 5 mil at and def. Lost to SUP1. split the faction in half, 30 members, probably no chances of facing SUP1, wont come in 2nd or 3rd for WD, but would deffinately increase their chances significantly of having the needed wins. Or break it down to 3rds, increase those chances even more.

Having a top 10 faction and crowding it with the highest stat players is becoming a burden. It has been for the lower stat free players and light gold players. Now Gree has turned the table and brought strategy back. It isnt about spending the most money to win anymore.

Choice one, 5 members break off, start some random bonus-less faction for WD, stats drop 300-400K. You are no longer going to face SUP1. You should be fighting in the top 1000/750 range. Minimal gold use. Should be easy being a high gold user to win battles down there. Get your awesome units, and return to your main faction at the end of WD.

Choices, are you wanting to get the smaller gain units from WD with boosts, or the huge leap of units in the LTQ. Who was the original author of "WD prizes are the best" or "WD prizes should be better than anything else in the game" or "WD is the most important aspect of modern war". NOBODY!

Bringing a low level/low stat guy to a high ranked faction was always a good idea. But doing so always seemed like charity. Now the tides are reversed. How many factions have sister factions or parent factions. Wouldnt you call them teammates as well. Is it possible that a top 50 faction didnt get the prizes, but their sister faction in top 1500 did. Perhaps you could look at it as a strategic move to move players of your TEAM ( top 50 and 1500) to make two top 400/250 or top 250/150 factions.

Just because the dynamics of the game changed and you need to rethink your battle plan, doesnt mean that the game is now imbalanced and will cease to exist tomorrow or next month. I used to play chess, and most people see it as when they lose their queen, the game is over. Put your pieces where you want them.

I was putting this very same thinking forward to my own faction a few hours ago.

Having been through India with one foot in a Top 25 team and the other in what was then a Top 1500 team, I KNOW from experience that what you are saying is the likely way to go.

The Top 25 team placed as expected but couldn't complete either of the LTQ goals because of the environment it is in, whereas the Top 1500 team scooped everything AND placed in the Top 500!

Strategy made a return in India, but don't assume GREE won't shift the goalposts in France - hard to imagine the same uber-units + boosts will be on offer in France.

If they are, I hope both my legs walk away happy!

Who dares wins
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree only the shortest and strongest factions could get it they should have dubbed it the if your sup 1 u can have it reward I no others got it but they must have been low ranker in order to win so often it's a joke

Sal T Iguana
09-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Question? What happens if two factions meet and purposely don't score? Is it a draw, does the stronger team win by default, or would Gree issue a loss/loss?

SGT Rud
09-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I was putting this very same thinking forward to my own faction a few hours ago.

Having been through India with one foot in a Top 25 team and the other in what was then a Top 1500 team, I KNOW from experience that what you are saying is the likely way to go.

The Top 25 team placed as expected but couldn't complete either of the LTQ goals because of the environment it is in, whereas the Top 1500 team scooped everything AND placed in the Top 500!

Strategy made a return in India, but don't assume GREE won't shift the goalposts in France - hard to imagine the same uber-units + boosts will be on offer in France.

If they are, I hope both my legs walk away happy!

It is going to come down to the weight of the rewards. Are the rewards better in the LTQ vs the top prizes in WD. Would you settle for top 500/400 and complete one or both of the LTQ instead of winning top 10 prizes only? We are in much of a discussion where I am at on how we are going to handle it.

It has been visible from the beginning that SUP1 is going to complete it all and be unbeatable (Right Ferr?). However, you are going to be left behind stat wise, regardless of your spending, unless you rethink your approach.

A bit of humor that applies - Do you think when the British were wearing big red coats and standing in the middle of the field, thought to themselves, as indians hid behind trees and blended into the woods, "This is bull&*%, Im the best army in the world, I should be getting LTQ prizes, not the indians!"

Kefa
09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm still pretty new here, but here's my perspective on all this... fwiw.

Looking at the leader boards and the domination map, it's obvious that the same group of people are able to get the top 1, top 2 and top 3 prizes each WD, and they deserve it due to their level of dedication and participation. So, from my perspective wayyy down the chain, the only way I can hope to ever get those prizes is to get myself in a position strong enough to be accepted by the top 3 factions, which is honestly very unlikely since they grow that much faster every WD. So unless allot of their players quit, I see no chance at all.

Main Points:
-I can never win top WD rewards unless allot of top players walk away
-Any LTQ rewards I can get, no matter how high their stats, will never be a threat to top 10 teams.
-I spent money to get the India WD LTQ rewards.
-Without the WD LTQ rewards, I would have spent $0 on India. What point is there in buying gold just to help get my faction from top 4000 to top 1500 and win a unit with a whopping 100/100 A/D more than the top 4,000 reward? (It's even more pointless in France since reward units will apparently only go to the top 1000)

I have no idea how much real money the top players spend, and I don't care, but anyone playing in a faction below the top 500 would have to spend allot more cash than it's worth to reach higher rankings. The LTQ units reverse that. Now it suddenly becomes worth it for someone in a faction of ANY ranking, who before would have spent $0, to spend $20, $50, or even $100 to battle for some very cool rewards at a much higher value ratio than buying gold units from the store.

So, forget about Gree and MW, and just think about your self for a moment... In your business - any business - which would you rather earn, 250 people paying you an average of $1,000 each, or 5,000 people paying you an average of $100 each?

The answer is unsurprisingly indicated in the App store Top Charts, and Gree is going to do whatever will get them a much larger base of moderate paying customers rather than risk their future solvency on a small number of high rollers, any one of whom can get butt hurt at any moment and walk away. Even if the comparison is 100 people spending $1,000 each vs. 1,000 people spending $100 each, the latter is better for business in the long run even though the total revenue is the same since losing one customer won't remove as large a share of the total revenue, and replacing a $100 customer is allot easier than replacing a $1,000 customer.

From a business perspective, it's a good move. Also from a game perspective, I believe it will motivate heavier involvement from a larger number of players overall. From a top-10 perspective - well, I don't have that perspective, but I'm sure it must hurt to spend as much as you have and know that someone else can get decent rewards, too, without having spent nearly as much as you, but those top 3 units with their 25-30% boosts and the pride of being top 3 must be worth more than anything I could win way down here.

That's my perspective, and I know it's different from allot of others. I do think it'll make MW a better game overall, motivate more participation from light gold users, and very likely motivate allot of free players to buy gold at least once a month. It worked on me, and I feel good about what I spent. Without those rewards, I wouldn't have spent a dime on WD since there literally would have been nothing in it for me.

Mcdoc
09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Question? What happens if two factions meet and purposely don't score? Is it a draw, does the stronger team win by default, or would Gree issue a loss/loss?

It would never happen.

#1) how could you talk to 60 people on the other side beforehand to make the agreement not to score.

#2) I don't think in a group of 120 - you wouldn't be able to avoid ONE person stepping out of the agreement to score one hit for the win.

Unless it was two factions of one going up agains each other - I just can't see a scoreless battle.

Ryans67
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Completing that goal was no easy task, and I congratulate every team that did. #1, or #5,000 it required hard work. Participation was the key to completing the event, not just gold.

When me and my pals first started ACE we put a strong emphasis on stats. We didn't focus on WD points, just wanted a team that was very difficult to beat. Low levels, high stats. As WD progressed, and the point totals increased, the emphasis became "how many wd points you could score".

Now, its time to rethink things once again. That is what keeps the game interesting. And the best part is that Gree will change the event in the future, and we will have to adjust as well.

SGT Rud
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM
It would never happen.

#1) how could you talk to 60 people on the other side beforehand to make the agreement not to score.

#2) I don't think in a group of 120 - you wouldn't be able to avoid ONE person stepping out of the agreement to score one hit for the win.

Unless it was two factions of one going up agains each other - I just can't see a scoreless battle.

SUP1 and SUP2? were both rolling great for 53 consec so I was told, then paired against each other. As I understand they all talk to each other. I would assume it is possible and maybe to an extent probable, only if they knew a tie is a win/win and not a lose/lose. I dont think this topic has ever come up.

Possibilities -
win/win
lose/lose
forced instant rematch
battles ends as if it never happened, you just lose an hour for nothing.

K4H
09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
If you're level 200 or above and don't have at least 2-2.5 million defense. You should quit the game. No one wants a WD point cow on their team now with wins becoming so important. Just another way good ole Gree has chosen to help out their longest playing and most committed players.

hood1976
09-03-2013, 01:55 PM
The Big teams get bigger and the smaller teams struggle. It's not going to get any better until Gree steps in and does something to make the game more interesting. A lot of people are going to stop spending money to build because every time they win a unit worth a thousand points, bigger teams are getting 50k units. The gaps are becoming greater and greater.

KFH
09-03-2013, 02:01 PM
If you're level 200 or above and don't have at least 2-2.5 million defense. You should quit the game. No one wants a WD point cow on their team now with wins becoming so important. Just another way good ole Gree has chosen to help out their longest playing and most committed players.90% of the over lv 200 i come up against have less than 1mill in stats. there will always be a place for HLP, how about if your still enjoying the game don't quit if you think its a job then delete. To many people are taking this as a job its a game have fun there is a home for everyone

KFH
09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
My biggest problem with this is that anyone that has a tester on their team will have the knowledge of how to compete in these new events.
most didn't plan or even understand what the new faction event would be, is there somewhere to read about it before they come out.
If not get a tester on your team

Sal T Iguana
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
It would never happen.

I agree it won't work with two 60 man factions. I'm just thinking about the new system put in place where wins do mean something. What if say we broke the faction down into 1/2 or 1/3 even. What if they met during battle and for the sake of winning 53 in a row they chose not score on each other. Surely it would work since they would be from the same faction. CJ can you please chime in and tell us if two teams don't score what would the outcome be? Draw, stronger team wins by default, or a loss/loss for both sides?

DaHoosier
09-03-2013, 04:24 PM
No matter what the ranking if you do not think it took a ton of time, organization and gold to get those rewards, you are a fool.

This benefitted teams that already had In place good communication and organization. These teams were able to adapt quickly and take advantage of the new goals. No matter their tier or ranking.

WD had become stagnant, most teams had settled In to their respective bracket that their stats and gold spend allowed. After many months of these events no matter how good your tactics or strategy or how well organized you were, most everyone in their perspective tiers all gained stats at similar rates. This was promoting stagnation, many just got bored and quit. If all you get every day is top level faction players pounding your base and you have little hope to gain ground then why continue?

There are many ways to play this game and have an enjoyable experience. These Faction goals are just adding some more options and a way to meet different play styles and get more players involved and spending gold.

This has now given players that have been stuck or perceive they are stuck to now spend and be more active, at least they can maybe gain some ground and move up the so called ladder. Give them some hope they have a path to make themselves reasonably competitive against the players that have been getting great items and bonuses for months and months by being in upper level factions.

This will in no way all of a sudden make low tier factions any sort of threat to high ranked factions out of no where.

Mcdoc
09-03-2013, 05:48 PM
. . .This will in no way all of a sudden make low tier factions any sort of threat to high ranked factions out of no where.

No - but - we've already seen guys who used to spend $500 to $800 per battle see "the light" this weekend and have already left some top factions to either start a 10 man elite hit squad or go back to factions from a year ago that had sank down to lower tiers but still have bonuses maxed out with the intention to lay back and do just enough to win small battles - but not enought to accumulate enought WD points to draw higher teams in battle.

I'm sure at least half of all the Top 100 teams are looking at a similar strategy. But I predict - as usual - Gree will completely change the LtQ lopsided prizes for France And those strategies will not work out as well as it could have in India.

What to do - what to do. :/

MW_player
09-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I thought you got banned for hacking....for the 2nd time. Good day Resa!
The rich get richer and other 99% continue to get pounded into a trench. I've seen some of you guys talk about strategy being able to achieve the giant unit, but lets face it- no matter how weak or formidable the faction, it comes down to spending gold. The weak factions get paired with other weak factions, but someone has to lose. If ANY faction wants to win ALL wars, there will be times that gold is a must to ensure the win.
My faction had 38 wins in a row then got TROUNCED. Would have had to spend a lot of gold to pull out a win, and even then we only had about 3 of us that could get decent points because the matchup was so lopsided.
They might as well say, here is the biga$$ unit for SUP 1 and 2, instead of whatever dumb 'goal' they labeled it as.

jchow69
09-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, I don't like this event either. It's an insult to top teams except for SUP1 and discourages teamwork with players making one player factions just to get dat unit.

MagnusDux
09-03-2013, 07:52 PM
SUGGESTION TO GREE !!!

Now that WOULD bring great havoc eh? Make a unit next war like Super Awesome Battleship with like 75k/70k stats and 5% cooler than anything else bonus and awarded to LOWEST WINS per WD faction :) You think then SUP1 would cease spending and go for that unit?!? lol

MojoJojo
09-03-2013, 08:15 PM
SUGGESTION TO GREE !!!

Now that WOULD bring great havoc eh? Make a unit next war like Super Awesome Battleship with like 75k/70k stats and 5% cooler than anything else bonus and awarded to LOWEST WINS per WD faction :) You think then SUP1 would cease spending and go for that unit?!? lol

Now thats an Idea! have the unit be like 1mil at/def and to get it, you can't score even 1 wd point. Lmao. That would be so funny. On the other hand, I really think that Gree should have 3 wd events at the same time. at the beginning of the war cycle your faction leader could choose which of the 3 countries you were going to go for. this would ensure that other factions had a shot at top 1-3 and top 10. It would be a mad house of new spending and would level the playing field. Any thoughts on that?

Mcdoc
09-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Now thats an Idea! have the unit be like 1mil at/def and to get it, you can't score even 1 wd point. Lmao. That would be so funny. On the other hand, I really think that Gree should have 3 wd events at the same time. at the beginning of the war cycle your faction leader could choose which of the 3 countries you were going to go for. this would ensure that other factions had a shot at top 1-3 and top 10. It would be a mad house of new spending and would level the playing field. Any thoughts on that?That's easy - SUP 1 , SUP 2 & SUP 3 would each choose a different Country and Ferr would have a 2 in 3 chance to win 1st place :)

MojoJojo
09-03-2013, 08:30 PM
You could have an "I GOT POUNDED" unit. award it to the faction with the most losses in a row. Gree would never go for it, as it would kill sales, but it would be funny to see everyone try and lose for a change.

Ragmondino
09-03-2013, 10:55 PM
I agree it won't work with two 60 man factions. I'm just thinking about the new system put in place where wins do mean something. What if say we broke the faction down into 1/2 or 1/3 even. What if they met during battle and for the sake of winning 53 in a row they chose not score on each other. Surely it would work since they would be from the same faction. CJ can you please chime in and tell us if two teams don't score what would the outcome be? Draw, stronger team wins by default, or a loss/loss for both sides?

If they don't score they don't win. Wether it gets chalked as a loss or a draw it is still of a win. Hence will not count in a win streak.

Jchow It doesn't discourage teamwork at all. It takes a lot of teamwork to win these ltqs.
Yes some high stat players will start 1 man factions because stats are the be all and end all to them. But most people, who like sociability will still be on a team and use team work to win. If the only strategy they can think of is to go as a 1 man team a lot of these people will be sorely disappointed. It's not as easy as they think and they will eventually get paired with a team who can beat them.

arealemmmcha
09-04-2013, 02:49 AM
I happen to be one of the lucky members from LittlBravo (the faction that won that prize)
Yep, I'm level 23 with 170k attack XD

Russian Roulette
09-04-2013, 06:21 AM
I don't understand why the give you a 500 atk/def unit for working your butt off for three days just to barly make it under top 4000

Russian Roulette
09-04-2013, 06:22 AM
I happen to be one of the lucky members from LittlBravo (the faction that won that prize)
Yep, I'm level 23 with 170k attack XD
And yes you are VERY VERY lucky