PDA

View Full Version : How is defense buildings useful?

Exxtraterrestrial
09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't understand what defense buildings are for because I can't see any effects of it on raiders.

Misfits of Honor
09-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Best I can say is they boost defense and make it harder to raid buildings in its radius.

Golf4life
09-02-2013, 03:43 PM
once you get to a certain attack/defense, they are only good for farming BPs

LoveAndPeace
09-02-2013, 04:07 PM
once you get to a certain attack/defense, they are only good for farming BPs

Yes
They had been designed long time ago before stat inflation.
An opponent attacking with b2 bombers (50attack)
Was impressed by your defense 15 gun..
Now it's completely out of balance
They're obsolete

DFI
09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Use the railguns as a piggy bank and sell off the remaining ones unless you've had time to upgrade them all to level 10.

I am a cow
09-03-2013, 06:04 AM
The little rockets in the SAM launcher fire mini missiles into your mini indestructible units

Who dares wins
09-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Take the rail gun for example it says defence + 75 so it adds 75 points to your defence stat

Wingman GRI
09-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Good point and probably also the reason that GREE offers boosts to defense buildings as part of the WD events.

Tito89
09-03-2013, 07:33 AM
We should get new defense buildings like add an extra 0 to each current building

EG a rail gun gives 75 normally, then becomes 750.

of course make em really expensive like 15 million for LV 1 railgun and boom, new gaming element to consider when raiding

Fun Killer
09-03-2013, 09:45 AM
If you have a unit that boots defence stats, click on upgrade and you'll see the inflated stats. But who has time to upgrade defence buildings? Money better spent upgrading money buildings IMHO.

warrends
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Good points. I may sell off all of my little defense buildings to make room for something useful. All together I'll bet they barely add up to 100-200 defense points. I don't have any big defense buildings. Figured they were a waste of ... everything.

lemonhaze
09-03-2013, 10:39 AM
If you have a unit that boots defence stats, click on upgrade and you'll see the inflated stats. But who has time to upgrade defence buildings? Money better spent upgrading money buildings IMHO. i got all mine on lvl 3 or higher excpet the rail gun and mine feilds..my fortiifed bunker at lvl 4 gives me 150 more def..i only upgrade them when i look and see when i can upgrade my next cash building..so when i have a full vault and want to collect all my cash builds at same time to upgrade higher i jsut hit one of those to keep something upgradeing while i wait for all my 24/48 to be due..its a slow process but it has added alot to my def..and haveing 120% building def boost helps alot

warrends
09-03-2013, 11:05 AM
OK lemonhaze you changed my mind. That was fast ...

SOF
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I laugh anytime I see someone with "gold" defense buildings. What a waste... Truly though, I actually sympathize with them for the bad buys!

Commander Bryan
09-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I use them when I have too much cash and am getting raided, especially during the FvF events. I was raided and attacked constantly so I couldn't overvault. I was 2x my vault limit for the last 4 to 5 days and didn't lost a penny. But when I was I just built rail guns. I've got 4 of them. So if I sell them that puts me $10 million closer to getting an upgrade for the Arch if I start getting raided again.

Robespierre
09-03-2013, 10:18 PM
When raiding at the very upper edge of my abilities, a couple of minefields or rail guns have prevented me from hitting the building. I was able to hit other unprotected buildings on that base without a loss, so the true effectiveness of using the defense buildings for area coverage applies to a very narrow slice of raiders that your stats don't cover. So if you have 'em, place 'em next to your boosts or LE buildings. After I figured this out and re-organized my base, the crew at the supply depot started to go to church on Sunday.

BoilerPaulie
09-03-2013, 10:46 PM
I doubt it actually means anything, but I can say that my composites factory has not been raided once since I moved all of my rail guns, detention facilities, and mine fields around it. I'm level 214 with A/D in the 500K range. I don't think that those defense buildings actually make it harder to hit, but maybe for some reason people are trying less because of it. It did get raided all the time before I moved my defense buildings to surround it. FWIW.