PDA

View Full Version : Declaring war idea

Bonzai
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Currently, the faction I'm in has 25 wins and 0 losses in this WD. We've done this through careful coordination and correctly timed declares. Now, 2 wins in a row from winning a 4600 unit, some player that has been doing poorly this war decides to declare without notifying anyone else. Now the faction is struggling to hold onto the wins and we cannot stop this guy.

He may screw up the whole consecutive wins objectives for us and we cannot do anything(until after the war that is)...

I realize that only allowing the leader to declare wouldn't work because he/she won't be on 24/7. Same with the officers. However, it SHOULD be made that the leader can nominate certain people to be eligible to declare. This can be officers or players in order to allow specific roles.

With this power, the leader should also be able to remove this ability during war to prevent what is happening in our situation.

Thoughts? Whether or not THIS idea works something needs to be done about this OR kicking during war.

lemonhaze
09-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Currently, the faction I'm in has 25 wins and 0 losses in this WD. We've done this through careful coordination and correctly timed declares. Now, 2 wins in a row from winning a 4600 unit, some player that has been doing poorly this war decides to declare without notifying anyone else. Now the faction is struggling to hold onto the wins and we cannot stop this guy.

He may screw up the whole consecutive wins objectives for us and we cannot do anything(until after the war that is)...

I realize that only allowing the leader to declare wouldn't work because he/she won't be on 24/7. Same with the officers. However, it SHOULD be made that the leader can nominate certain people to be eligible to declare. This can be officers or players in order to allow specific roles.

With this power, the leader should also be able to remove this ability during war to prevent what is happening in our situation.

Thoughts? Whether or not THIS idea works something needs to be done about this OR kicking during war. thats pretty messed up man..i think it should be only officers and leader to declare have at least 2 officers from north america,2 from europe and 2 from australia and asia bc with it like that then they should be at least 1 officer on at all times

TAA Sam
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I think it should be leaders and just officers to declare, where they are based would obviously be up the faction leader to decide, but as it is, with the new faction LTQ's, it screws it up when you have a rogue member.

Before, it wasn't too much of an issue when this happened, but the stakes have changed, and if you've had a long streak and it all gets messed up, this isn't fun, or in anyway good for the game. It needs changing.

Big C
09-01-2013, 09:07 PM
We had a member do that in Canada, HAD a member. Another did it this time, and to top it off, both of these guys were really weak players in a comparatively weak faction (1300's), and they thought hitting the DL was beneath them.

Bonzai
09-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes. Very frustrating. Maybe being able to declare can be another "ability" officers can have. But the key is that the leader can take it away during war in case this happens.

Gunfighter
09-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I agree with this idea. We had someone in our faction do the same on accident and we've faced multiple factions where few if any players seemed active. Allowing officers to declare means only trusted (hopefully) members can make the decision.

Robespierre
09-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Now, 2 wins in a row from winning a 4600 unit, some player that has been doing poorly this war decides to declare without notifying anyone else....Thoughts?

Send him to the guillotine.

HGF69
09-02-2013, 04:39 AM
So did you win then?

/bean
09-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Same thing happened in our faction. Someone did it by accident without looking, and another person did it several times, seemingly on purpose to mess up the faction win streak.

keeskiller
09-02-2013, 08:02 AM
dudes, just get a crew with good communication. lol i had the same thing.

Last war it was a good thing, we had a offensive and defensive wars. but now we wait 30-40 mins after a war, for health regen. and the same ** happend to us as it happend you guys, haha well be very clear at that gal that he does it again he will not be a member any longer.. than they will quit doing that and first look at the FF

cheers

Bonzai
09-02-2013, 08:17 AM
So did you win then?
Yes. Some guys pulled together in an emergency and now we're at 32-0. We may pull for 35-0 for the next units. I'm not sure how we pulled out of that one but it all could have been avoided. We usually require communication through an external app but somehow we missed this one until the war started and now we can't do anything about it.

gb7
09-02-2013, 09:23 AM
With the new missions, I don't like that one guy or girl can put at risk the efforts of the rest of the team.

I agree declaring war should be officers only.

VetteDream
09-02-2013, 09:45 AM
We have had an issue the last couple hours where as soon as one war is over the game is immediately declaring war on its own with no notification in the forum. Is anyone else experiencing this??

/bean
09-02-2013, 09:55 AM
yes, that happened to us also several times. sent a ticket to gree, will post the response.

Ghost-12
09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Same f thing happen to us. It should only be allow to officers and leader only,
Others shouldnt get the "declare war option"

VetteDream
09-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok good so it isn't just my faction, I was thinking I had a dirty rat in my crew. lol