PDA

View Full Version : Kakao group chat question

Dominathan
09-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Is there a way to kick players out of your kakao group chat? When our syndicate has to remove players who are not participating enough, we also need to remove them from our kakao chat group discussions. Is there a way to do this without starting a whole new group chat?

LadyBoss
09-01-2013, 12:07 PM
You might find an answer here Dom
http://www.kakao.com/talk/en/faq.

Ragmondino
09-01-2013, 12:14 PM
There is No say. You have to start a new room.

Dominathan
09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
thanks for the replys guys. yea, i already read through that faq and couldn't find anything. google searches haven't come up with anything either. we emailed kakao and now we're waiting for a response from them. but all signs point to just starting a new chat. lame.

The brewski
09-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Kakao is a rather outlandish app!

Top Dawg
09-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi guys,

This is not a Kakao-specific post, but since I can't create a new thread I guess I have to ask in the thread that comes closest to being related.

I have been trying to move my team out of Palringo for a long time, but there is resistance to switching to another app. There are members who are unwilling to use any app that requires registration via their phone number or Facebook. We also need the chatroom to be able to house at least 55 members.

Anyone can recommend another chat app that fits the above requirements?

reesebutton
09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
with that kind of resistance, your choices are limited.

If you really wanna keep those members, stick with palringo. Just pay for a premium room so you can have more admin control.

But I have to say.... palringo is rungs below the other apps.

Top Dawg
09-22-2013, 04:53 AM
with that kind of resistance, your choices are limited.

If you really wanna keep those members, stick with palringo. Just pay for a premium room so you can have more admin control.

But I have to say.... palringo is rungs below the other apps.
I know right. Yet, it is our strongest and also the longest-serving and most loyal members who are unwilling to make the change. I guess we're stuck with Palringo if there aren't any other chat apps that meet the requirements.

Greazy Fingers
09-24-2013, 07:40 AM
We changed from Kakao to Groupme for this reason. On Groupme you can boot a member from a room, but he can return back in if he wants to. So Im also looking for an app that has it all, but havent found one yet.

The best option for smaler syndicates would be Whatsapp. You can add up to 50 members in one room, share pictures and boot members if you need to. But the thing with Whatsapp is it only runs on phones (not on tabs) and you need to sign up with your phone number.

Shadypal
09-24-2013, 04:39 PM
LINE

This chat app is far beyond better than the others you mentioned. Ive used Groupme, Whatsapp, Kik and a few more and for big chat groups LINE is the best one. You can keep it private so nobody can find you publicly as well as kick, invite, and create chat rooms. I believe you just need your phone number to verify and create the account but can keep it on private even from your phone book contacts. Once that is setup people find you by a user ID so you dont have to give out your personal phone number or email.

Good Luck.

Shadypal
09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
. On Groupme you can boot a member from a room, but he can return back in if he wants to. So Im also looking for an app that has it all, but havent found one yet.

Sorry forgot to address this one. People can only join via invite. However anyone can invite and remove which is the only downside when drama starts but I have rarely seen anyone destroy a chat room.

SNEAKERJUNKY
10-11-2013, 11:23 AM
ask Goody23. He is the King of NEW rooms.

Sverige
10-12-2013, 04:09 PM
would be good to be ablet kick from chat

Player 1
10-14-2013, 03:42 AM
just use groupme.
<3 it

SNEAKERJUNKY
10-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh, and No, it's not possible,

GoldyGlocks
10-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I really didn't like line and we've had issues with running Kakeo on multiple devices , I prefer palringo . I just wish you could easily kick people that are offline

Fievel
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Anyone worried about group size on GroupMe, if you send them a ticket, they will increase your group size to about any number you want in a business day or two.