PDA

View Full Version : Android MW app will not load "New version available" error

Agent Orange
08-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Perhaps others have this problem, on one of my Android tablets I keep getting a dialog box saying "New Verson Available! Please download the latest version of Modern War.

Ok so I go to the Android Playstore and find the file Modern War world domination and reinstall it after uninstalling the original.

Start app, and get the same error message!

So ok I delete and reinstall this thing 5 more times including shut downs and restarts and still get the error.

Ok fine, so I go load up the Gree app that gives you their special gaming site. In the notes when I loaded it even mentions some of our games such as MW and CC! Great I thought I can just download the stupid app from here.

Yeah right, I log in and do a search for Modern War and guess what their search engine says that it is not found!

For heavens sake Gree!

Agent Orange
08-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Btw the version on the Playstore is Modern War world domination, v3.8.0.0.2

Gen CheeBye
08-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Saw this thread very late Agent Orange. Re-installed the app 8 times today before it finally worked. And yes, I'm on android too. Seems everytime gree rolls out something new, we become the victims of new bugs.

Agent Orange
08-31-2013, 09:01 AM
The version on the Playstore has now been updated to Modern War - World Domination v3.8.1.1 which should be the current 'working' version.

Just downloaded it to my fubar'd Android tablet and it loaded and then froze when all the pop up screens relentlessly attacked. Re ran it and it seems to be working so far. I'll live with the freezes as long as I can actually log into it!

Bobar
08-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Perhaps others have this problem, on one of my Android tablets I keep getting a dialog box saying "New Verson Available! Please download the latest version of Modern War.

Ok so I go to the Android Playstore and find the file Modern War world domination and reinstall it after uninstalling the original.

Start app, and get the same error message!

So ok I delete and reinstall this thing 5 more times including shut downs and restarts and still get the error.

Ok fine, so I go load up the Gree app that gives you their special gaming site. In the notes when I loaded it even mentions some of our games such as MW and CC! Great I thought I can just download the stupid app from here.

Yeah right, I log in and do a search for Modern War and guess what their search engine says that it is not found!

For heavens sake Gree!

one of my faction teammates did exactly the same: went to the Android Playstore, found the file Modern War world Domination v3.8.1.1 and wanted to reinstall it after uninstalling the original.

but what has happend?? he now gets the message "This app is not compatible to HTC Desire S"

Gree, what is the standard you support, a list anywhere?
Does anybody know?