PDA

View Full Version : Major Developing Problem with SLTQ

MattThomas08
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
EDIT: Our players have tested this out and did not seem to be getting the double prizes. There are claims of some players getting double prizes, but we didn't see the issue happening.

When you jump groups to help finish, you DO get the loot drop items (IE Hit [boss name] 8 x and get this item), but not the rewards that the syndicate gets for c,pelting each level of the event.

Hope this clears things up.

Original message (not accurate)
In the Top 25 leadership chat, word is surfacing that players are able to switch teams during the Syndicate LTQ and help them finish events. No problem with that, if you want to spend the gold, go for it.

The MAJOR problem is that apparently (unlike KA), you are able to get the prizes TWICE. This is a massive problem, my stats went up easily 150k just by finishing the event. Imagine doing this over and over again. Imagine if the bonus stacks.

Gree is going to have to remove the duplicate items. Hopefully they are all completely unique items, as apparently this makes them easier to remove. Gree, get it fixed ASAP :(.

Several teams are working together to verify the extent of this issue and we will report back once more is known. Credit to Call 911 from SAS from first bringing this issue to light with the other groups.

Chica
08-30-2013, 04:07 PM
To "verify" eh? Wanna come verify it in my syndicate?

MattThomas08
08-30-2013, 04:08 PM
I won't be switching syndicates, but I will be writing a ticket to Gree if I get verification of this issue. Also, if it's true, everybody should know about it, not just those who discover it.

GU7 F4WK3S
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
why shouldn't they get it twice?

Chica
08-30-2013, 04:17 PM
So the top syndicates get even strong as do their sister syndicates and the weak ones stay weak. I hope this doesn't get fixed. People will leave in droves.

MattThomas08
08-30-2013, 04:18 PM
why shouldn't they get it twice?

Imagine a player who has 4 or 5 teams. He joins all 4 teams for the final couple prizes and his stats to up 500k-1 mil.

montecore
08-30-2013, 04:18 PM
because you will end up with every member of fc, sas, rg, and many others with 50 of each item. i think it is safe to say that gree will remove any extra items awarded.

SilentAssassin
08-30-2013, 04:22 PM
If you switch, prepare to have your gold NOT refunded and prizes taken away. Only the duplicates in this case.

You are basically just helping another team out. (original members will get the prizes)

Sandukan
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
I promise to only get 2 or 3.
OK 4, but that's it.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Wow, that's some bull****. It seems that GREE has trouble removing items from people's inventories, and the only reason those crate items that were accidentally released in the equipment store for $0 (when everyone was an FC-like stat monster for a few hours) were able to be fixed easily was that there was no reason anyone should have even one of the items, so they could run a script to remove them from every inventory entirely. Probably going to run into trouble since most of those players both have one item legitimately and also will be much harder to find such players.

Chica
08-30-2013, 04:25 PM
If you switch, prepare to have your gold NOT refunded and prizes taken away. Only the duplicates in this case.

You are basically just helping another team out. (original members will get the prizes)

Also helping to defeat gree.

Sandukan
08-30-2013, 04:25 PM

GREE employee?

Chica
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Wow, that's some bull****. It seems that GREE has trouble removing items from people's inventories, and the only reason those crate items that were accidentally released in the equipment store for $0 (when everyone was an FC-like stat monster for a few hours) were able to be fixed easily was that there was no reason anyone should have even one of the items, so they could run a script to remove them from every inventory entirely. Probably going to run into trouble since most of those players both have one item legitimately and also will be much harder to find such players.

Well as long as these items are brand new and never been done before shouldn't be to hard.... If 2 remove 1 if 1 leave at 1. If zero add 50

SAS1
08-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Thank you MT for starting the thread. And thank you 911 for bringing this to light. At the end of the day rivals or not there needs to be a level of common sense. I hope gree will claw back the double prizes. Spend the gold if you want to help out a fellow syn but ultimately at 150k increase per finish and a four day event stats could just get ridiculous and the game is ruined.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Well as long as these items are brand new and never been done before shouldn't be to hard.... If 2 remove 1 if 1 leave at 1. If zero add 50

You'd think so, but if it were so easy to detect, why can't GREE seem to find the thousands of players with 500+ Doomsdays? Either they can't do it easily, or they are completely negligent when it comes to policing cheaters. Not sure which is more likely.

SilentAssassin
08-30-2013, 04:35 PM
GREE employee?

No.... its just being realistic lol

SilentAssassin
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
You'd think so, but if it were so easy to detect, why can't GREE seem to find the thousands of players with 500+ Doomsdays? Either they can't do it easily, or they are completely negligent when it comes to policing cheaters. Not sure which is more likely.

GREE has admitted in the past, that the code for CC is extremely poor and unstructured. Changing the code would probably result in more downtime (weeks) and a lot of $$$$ for GREE. This time it is not GREE's fault directly as Funzio created the core code.

MW, KA etc are able to have on the fly changes while CC is what seems like a decade behind.

Chica
08-30-2013, 04:40 PM
So nice person wants to help my syndicate? :-P

Gingeasian
08-30-2013, 04:42 PM
GREE has admitted in the past, that the code for CC is extremely poor and unstructured. Changing the code would probably result in more downtime (weeks) and a lot of $$$$ for GREE. This time it is not GREE's fault directly as Funzio created the core code.

MW, KA etc are able to have on the fly changes while CC is what seems like a decade behind.
Whether the code is crap or not this is an issue that will need to be fixed. Although there are plenty who won't try to take advantage of this im sure there are plenty that would.

MattThomas08
08-30-2013, 04:44 PM

I don't think that question needs to be asked. They could easily detect most cheaters in no time. But why would they?

Sandukan
08-30-2013, 05:05 PM
There is no second prize.
That sucks.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 05:21 PM

A fair point, but perhaps the game should see some downtime. I would much prefer GREE get things to work properly, instead of pushing out a brand new update the day before a new event which causes my game to crash every 2-3 minutes. With these kinds of issues, GREE makes it clear that their focus is on earning a quick buck, not on improving the player's enjoyment. I would very likely double my spending if I didn't have half as many issues with the game. Just my opinion though.

Guisseppe17
08-30-2013, 05:28 PM
A fair point, but perhaps the game should see some downtime. I would much prefer GREE get things to work properly, instead of pushing out a brand new update the day before a new event which causes my game to crash every 2-3 minutes. With these kinds of issues, GREE makes it clear that their focus is on earning a quick buck, not on improving the player's enjoyment. I would very likely double my spending if I didn't have half as many issues with the game. Just my opinion though.
Just wondering, how long do you think it would take to completely rewrite the game and get it back up to KA/MW standards (CC 2.0)? Because if it was under maintenance for under a week, I think 90% of people here would rather GREE fix the game and never have to have ridiculous glitches and coding issues ever again (or at least have them fixed very quickly). I know GREE has tried to avoid doing this for a long time, but maybe it's time they face the inevitable and fix this game.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't think that question needs to be asked. They could easily detect most cheaters in no time. But why would they?

Because certain teams filled with legitimate gold spenders might be upset to find out that a certain Top 25 syndicate still has blatantly obvious cheaters despite a well-known forum member having both already sent multiple tickets on the player(s) in question as well bringing the issue to light on the forum (for which he spent a short hiatus as a result).

Why would a team that spends 70+ vaults (not to mention the hundreds of vaults they have spent building their stats up to that point) only to fall short of the Top 25 placement when a team in the Top25 has inventories such as the following:

N***** B** G**** (level 215 in the previous syndicate war) - cash/RP hacker:
48447 fights + 8331 robs = 56,778 fights and robs
335 Mobile Triggers (335 * 13000RP = 4,335,000RP)
52 Doomsday Grenades (52 * 28000RP = 1,456,000RP)
20 Disease Grenades (20 * 22000RP = 440,000RP)
510 Nitrous Cruisers (510 * 7200RP = 3,672,000RP)
117 Exeleros (117 * 1200RP = 140,400RP)
405 Deadly Barrels (405 * 2850RP = 1,154,250RP)
286 Pinpoint Snipers (286 * 8000RP = 2,288,000RP)
438 Clean Ends (438 * 6750RP = 2,956,000RP)

Total: 16,452,150 RP on 56,778 fights/robs = 289.6 RP per fight or rob.

That player is still on said syndicate, and was level 219 last I checked, so he's clearly still playing. The fact that such players can get away with such obvious cheating, despite being reported thrice already by said certain forum member, seems enough to disenchant legitimate spending players. It should be in GREE's best interest to rid the game of said cheats, not sweep them under the rug and banning players who bring such obvious hackers (and GREE's inaction) to light on the forum.

Chica
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
From the ground up without losing what we have now but clean code? Months.

Guisseppe17
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM
From the ground up without losing what we have now but clean code? Months.
Would the game actually be down the entire time, or could they just have people working on it separately and then have CC down for a few days while they implement the changes? If this is a really stupid comment, please forgive me, I honestly don't know anything about coding or apps.

montecore
08-30-2013, 05:38 PM

this is actually very easy to fix, provided that all the prizes arent recycled

Chica
08-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Well would need a good team of programmers that could work on the side but they would have to make everything work seamlessly and even progress with new stuff that are being added now. Basically its a losing battle unless they hired a lot more people

Guisseppe17
08-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Well would need a good team of programmers that could work on the side but they would have to make everything work seamlessly and even progress with new stuff that are being added now. Basically its a losing battle unless they hired a lot more people
True. Well crap....

MattThomas08
08-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Because certain teams filled with legitimate gold spenders might be upset to find out that a certain Top 25 syndicate still has blatantly obvious cheaters despite a well-known forum member having both already sent multiple tickets on the player(s) in question as well bringing the issue to light on the forum (for which he spent a short hiatus as a result).

I know which syndicate you mean, but who was the well known forum member?

CCK-buttsy
08-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Someone that was Big, and had Money.

Cao Bao
08-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Someone that was Big, and had Money.

Hang on guys, let me ponder on this for a few hours, I'll get it eventually.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 08:09 PM
I know which syndicate you mean, but who was the well known forum member?

I can't confirm, but I have heard rumors that he's devilishly handsome.

Gingeasian
08-30-2013, 08:11 PM
I can't confirm, but I have heard rumors that he's devilishly handsome.
Sadly rumors are often false lol

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Sadly rumors are often false lol

Careful, I heard you can be sued for defamation for saying mean things on the internet.

Idiosyncrasy
08-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Gree won't remove items that are legitimately earned by potentially spending real money. We don't give them credit enough, but they are a smart enough company not to open themselves up to that kind of litigation.

Chica
08-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Gree won't remove items that are legitimately earned by potentially spending real money. We don't give them credit enough, but they are a smart enough company not to open themselves up to that kind of litigation.

They are clearly talking about dupes.

SilentAssassin
08-30-2013, 08:43 PM

Gree wont do that. downtime means loss of profits and no events can go on. Plus they won't risk people putting down the game. They would rather it be laggy and glitchy so you can play the game even longer. Sure you get frustrated along the way, but you still play. The moment they see a big decline is when they have to step it up, unfortunately, CC keeps rising in profits and popularity.

its not "if it ain't broke dont fix it" its more "if its not completely broke dont fix it"

sad but true

Absolute silence
08-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Oh wait... I am invoking the Matt Thomas rule... I submitted a ticket and now I get to keep exploiting the glitch..and keep my bonus inventory... Right? I did report it....

out of names
08-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Fix you ****ed up game gree, seriously, i cant even do anything anymore with all the **** going on, i log in, close the boss and gold sale thing and try to collect my buildinga, but for some ****ing reason, the events globe showes up and my game is closed, i dont have any decorations so thats not doing anything. I cant do boss event or any other ****, so please fix this ****ed up problem.

Ya ya ya, this' been said a million times before, watever

Idiosyncrasy
08-30-2013, 10:45 PM
They are clearly talking about dupes.

Dupes earned by syn hopping, correct? I don't see anything wrong with that, if that's how those syndicates choose to operate. The goals are still being met within the restrictions, or lack thereof, of the game.

bald zeemer
08-31-2013, 01:58 AM
If syn-hopping produced dupes then the system would break almost immediately - as there is no limit to how many syndicates one can complete this task for, and the prizes for the cost are absolutely phenomenal. We'd have half the players in the top 10 with stats up around 10 mil within a day.

reras
08-31-2013, 02:03 AM
To straighten thing out, if a player completes the sltq he gets the gun. If the same person jumps to another syndicate and help them complete the sltq, he get the gun, and the rest of the goals he helps with. True? But he doesn't get the items received before he got there?

bald zeemer
08-31-2013, 02:07 AM
You can only receive one of the rewards for completing each level of the LTQ.

You can receive additional loot items that drop whilst attacking the boss, however.

You only receive the rewards for levels completed whilst you are in a syndicate.

reras
08-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Thx Baldie for the straighten...