PDA

View Full Version : Transfer game

Pro
08-30-2013, 12:21 PM
There was a post by one of the mods recently about how to transfer from one IOS device to another. If possible can someone provide the link as I cannot find it.

Thanks
Pro

Michael1989
08-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Best way is to get gree to do it mate. I followed the instructions to the letter and failed along with afew other forum members. Support seem to be act their best at the minute. Took 4 days to do my transfer, others reporting even quicker times. Send them a ticket with your current player id ect and your new player id along with new device numbers.

SPWD
08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
I did it today mate, you just sync to I cloud and when you open the new device sync with the same i cloud and it should come up, if not get an ally to post on the old games wall (for gree) and send them the posters I'd number and they can find it from that.

Steve

Pro
08-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys....

Superdude
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Does anybody know if someone transfers their game to you that you can purchase gold?

My cousin is quitting and offered me his base but there is no point if I can't buy gold for it. I understood it to be linked to the original iTunes account only.

Does anybody know?

That's against gree policy

ProCision
09-04-2013, 07:31 PM
What exactly does gree need? Mine didnt transfer today.

Belle_B
09-04-2013, 07:45 PM
You can transfer the account it will just go on ur device with your own iTunes account I just recently transferred mine with no problem in your new device download game get it started then go into help contact support with the I'd number quite simple if u do it during weekend or holiday may take a day Hope this Helps you [lQUOTE=Tops;954590]You can't stop someone giving away their game nor could they possibly know you were.

What I was asking was that should this happen would I be able to buy gold using my iTunes account??[/QUOTE]

Big C
09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Going through same thing right now, sync'ed iPad before but reload started me all over. Sent Gree support the info and waiting for restoration of account. Glad it was my secondary account, not my primary.

Mmagic
09-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I followed instructions using iCloud and couldn't do it. Contacted support with all the details and was told they "currently are not initiating any transfers".

Fortunately I'm not in a position where my device is missing or not operational, however, I really hope they can start transfers soon.

General Ranger
09-09-2013, 06:21 PM
I followed instructions using iCloud and couldn't do it. Contacted support with all the details and was told they "currently are not initiating any transfers".

Fortunately I'm not in a position where my device is missing or not operational, however, I really hope they can start transfers soon.

How can that be true after the original method (which worked) has been removed the the new method simply doesn't work.

Escalate it within gree support or contact iTunes for a 2 month refund.

Mmagic
09-09-2013, 06:28 PM
How can that be true after the original method (which worked) has been removed the the new method simply doesn't work.

Escalate it within gree support or contact iTunes for a 2 month refund.

I wanted to clarify that support isn't initiating transfers right now or that's what I take it as.

I gave Gree the benefit of the doubt had replied back and am patiently waiting (3 days now). Will resort to iTunes as a last resort.

whiskeybravo
09-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I followed instructions using iCloud and couldn't do it. Contacted support with all the details and was told they "currently are not initiating any transfers".That is absolutely unacceptable if that is the case. The old method worked, the new method is trash and doesn't seem to work consistently.

CJ54
09-09-2013, 06:36 PM
We have an extremely temporary hold on all transfers while we get an issue worked out. They should be back tomorrow or the day after and we will be making a post with clearer instructions.

EDIT: We're also checking the iCloud method for any kinks, and we are working on an in-game transfer system that does not suck. Current methods are to cover the need while that is being worked on.

Mmagic
09-09-2013, 06:37 PM
That is absolutely unacceptable if that is the case. The old method worked, the new method is trash and doesn't seem to work consistently.

Edited...

Thank you CJ. Appreciate your time in explaining this.

MagnusDux
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
When Gree makes ishtload of $$$ on these games, you should be able to transfer your game even to your [smart]TV to keep going with just login/pass - PERIOD.

MagnusDux
09-09-2013, 06:40 PM
We have an extremely temporary hold on all transfers while we get an issue worked out. They should be back tomorrow or the day after and we will be making a post with clearer instructions.

EDIT: We're also checking the iCloud method for any kinks, and we are working on an in-game transfer system that does not suck. Current methods are to cover the need while that is being worked on.

CJ54 - this is THE BEST Quote[news] you said - "and we are working on an in-game transfer system that does not suck"

AWESOME - Can't wait for that to happen - I'm now afraid to even get my phone upgraded because if this!!! ^_*

whiskeybravo
09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the post cj. It will be nice to have a reliable transfer method.......that doesn't suck.

ProCision
09-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Just forget the iCloud method that is what sucked. Go back to the original method, at least it worked.

whiskeybravo
09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
^^^^ This..............................

C-Dub
09-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I've had some success with transfers for two friends. Granted, its not a large sample size, but both were able to get their bases back.
1. Go to your iPad Settings.
2. Click on iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.
3. Under the "Backups" header at the top, you should see your iPad listed. Select your iPad.
4. Select "Show All Apps" and scroll down to Modern War. Is it turned on or off?
5(a). One friend had this turned off. I turned it on, backed up to iCloud, started new iOS device, told it to restore from iCloud backup and the game transferred.
5(b). The other friend actually had the Modern War slider turned on. I was a little worried on this one, but it worked. I turned MW's slider off and backed up to iCloud. I then went back in, turned the Modern War slider back on (so it would refresh its backup to iCloud) and told it to sync with iCloud again. I started new iOS device, told it to restore from iCloud backup and the game transferred.

Again, your results may vary, but so far I'm 2 for 2. I guess the big test for me will be next month when Apple comes out with the new iPad and I actually have to do this for MY game.

Mmagic
09-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Thx for info c-dub, im in the 5b category and will give this idea a shot. Will post results later on.

Update: tried turning off MW, backup, turn on, backup, then restore backup on new device. Did not work. Thx for advice anyway.

Merc_mw
09-10-2013, 06:33 AM
I transferred from itouch to iPhone. Didn't work via the cloud. Gree responded within 4 hours! Fortunately I had screen shots, so I was able to reply with detail on old account and newly created account. It took 2 days, but all worked well. Very happy with how they responded. Hopefully, the new fix will be better but if you have the info, don't be afraid to make the switch.

nkeywithdnb
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM
IPhone 5s comes out in 10 days. There are a lot of people that will want to upgrade to the new phone. CJ, do you think it will be fixed by the time they release the new phone?