PDA

View Full Version : Hacker/glitcher tos dragon ops leader

JMS
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
This is a clear violation of gree's tos in my book. For additional clarification, ive found several players with them including campers who have been around a long time so claiming ignorance on the subject is laughable as we all know the qualifications needed for buying them are (I am unaware of anyone currently meeting them). Pretty dumb move but why is it that hard for gree to run a script to see who has them and to ban the lot?

OwainCymro
08-30-2013, 07:46 AM
These are not hackers. A few weeks ago there was a glitch tht allowed android users to buy any valor unit, this grantin them the opportunity to possess these units if they have enough valor. Trying to get them banned will get you now here, honestly.

JMS
08-30-2013, 07:52 AM
My understanding is that glitching is as much a violation of the terms of service as hacking and bannable. Gree should run a script to remove every one of them and veteran players who have them knew better and have now tainted themselves unless you think they have some legitimate excuse for buying something they knew they shouldn't have access to?

vorm
08-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Stupid idea is stupid.
I am not an android player, but you really think it's worth banning what would probably amount to a crapload of the android players when all they did was click the "buy" button on a unit that showed up unlocked that shouldn't have been? It's not really glitching as it was a bug in the game that was Gree's fault. Is it really that big of a deal that they got those anyway? It did cost them valor after all and there have been far worse stuff that has gone on.

BIG DH
08-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Seeing as how valor unit are becoming more and more useless due to stat inflation, just to get into my top 2k units it takes around 150att, my rank definitely doesn't afford me any useable valor units and probably never will. These players deservedly took advantage of another in the long list of Gree screw-ups. I only hope for an iOS screw-up of this magnitude so I can help myself to a little taste of what they got.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Jchow told me that they are not hackers its just an android glitch.

KFH
08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
On IoS but android users have been able to do this for a year or so now, many threads brought up about it. Gree knew for months and months did nothing, so i don't consider it a cheat. Think of it as them getting something for having to deal with the android system

honest Abe
08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Then run a script removing them from anyone who doesn't have the proper rank, not hard. Perhaps you are one of the glitchers?

Stupid idea is stupid.
I am not an android player, but you really think it's worth banning what would probably amount to a crapload of the android players when all they did was click the "buy" button on a unit that showed up unlocked that shouldn't have been? It's not really glitching as it was a bug in the game that was Gree's fault. Is it really that big of a deal that they got those anyway? It did cost them valor after all and there have been far worse stuff that has gone on.

vorm
08-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Then run a script removing them from anyone who doesn't have the proper rank, not hard. Perhaps you are one of the glitchers?

Removing the units is one thing, but banning players just because they bought a unit that was available for them to purchase because of a Gree bug doesn't seem right, which is what OP wanted. And perhaps you should reread where I said I am not on android.

Bndawgs
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Are people really crying about a couple 1k att units?

Rade
08-30-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm on IOS and I don't think there should be any action taken against the players who bought the valor units. It was Gree's mistake. What about the instance where during one of the PvP tournaments, the LTQ gave out the final prize as the reward for completing the first level and so on for a short period of time. Should all of those players be banned for innocently completing an LTQ?

CJ D
08-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Now hand on. There were people banned for farming transport raiders. Another of gree glitches. There were guys exploiting the energy glitch to farm units and cash and everyone considers that cheating. Why is this any different? Gree says its not. According to them, android users should know they weren't supposed to buy them.

ffp
08-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Those units are not indestructible, get over it. Yeah droid user here. Maybe I should bring up how IOS users can install the 'prerelease' version of MW and get gold units?

honest Abe
08-30-2013, 03:28 PM
+1

For lower level players, having 20 of them is relevant.

Now hand on. There were people banned for farming transport raiders. Another of gree glitches. There were guys exploiting the energy glitch to farm units and cash and everyone considers that cheating. Why is this any different? Gree says its not. According to them, android users should know they weren't supposed to buy them.