PDA

View Full Version : The Pros and Cons of joining a Syndicate

Antheus
08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
I am aware of the overwhelming responses related to the benefits of joining a syndicate ( I am a member of a very respectful syndicate)...... but I am so intrigued by the alternative of living a prosperous CC life without being a member of a syndicate .....or having my own 5-10 members syndicate........absolutely no Ego driven syndicate.......:)......any personal experiences are very appreciated .....

cave man kid
08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
I am part of a small syndicate just friends joking around more then anything so we don't finish anywhere near the top ranks we all have fun and that is why I play this game

Gingeasian
08-29-2013, 08:10 PM
It really depends on your syndicate. If you have a group of nice easygoing people then there are plenty of pros. You get good prizes, and get to meet some new people and make friends. If your syndicate has a drama queen or multiple of them then its more difficult. From what I have seen most of the crap is near the very top syns.

Cass
08-29-2013, 08:23 PM
In my opinion... the game wouldn't be very fun without a syndicate. The friendly competition makes me keep going. If you are in a chatty syn like me, you make friends and meet people all over the world. I agree with drama thing... I've left a syn because of the drama queens but once you find a good home, it adds so much to the game. It's also significantly harder to stat up without a syndicate.

candyson
08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
I've found that as a free player, the best syndicates are in the top 100-250 range, ahead of that, you will have trouble reaching IP goals, and below that, members aren't as active.
PS. I've never had experience in a top 400 syndicate, so I can't speak for that.

reesebutton
08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Pro : you get to play with other people
Con : you have to play with other people

bobtodd
08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Pro : you get to play with other people
Con : you have to play with other people
love it resse

SollyLlama
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
PRO: Better loot opportunities.
CON: You might end up feeling like you're carrying a lot of slackers.

CATFACE
08-29-2013, 09:10 PM
For me the pro is having a bunch of people to chat to, have a giggle with and having others' views on events etc. The con is that if you're happy in the team then you naturally feel committed to them. So you have a sense of duty which can make it feel less like a game and more like a job. . Playing on your own, if you don't feel like playing for a month then you don't bother. When you are in a group you keep playing cos you don't want to let the team down. Or is that just me??!

reras
08-29-2013, 09:37 PM
It really depends on your syndicate. If you have a group of nice easygoing people then there are plenty of pros. You get good prizes, and get to meet some new people and make friends. If your syndicate has a drama queen or multiple of them then its more difficult. From what I have seen most of the crap is near the very top syns.

Meet some new people and make friends ;), Leads to another question, have you ever met a "CC friend" irl?

reesebutton
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Me take 70-100k hit when no syndicate

Bonus guut

Yes i forgot about that. 25% building output sure is guut too.

blank201
08-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Not getting a 7 to 10k stat boost per war would be quite an obstacle to overcome longterm. Combine that with all the syndicate boosts I get it's just a no-brainer.
The pressure to perform is manageable.

Having players that abuse the system by doing bonus whoring by syndicate hopping while not contributing is part of the game and it is a valid strategy, even though, I'd never use that.

BigMoney
08-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Not getting a 7 to 10k stat boost per war would be quite an obstacle to overcome longterm. Combine that with all the syndicate boosts I get it's just a no-brainer.
The pressure to perform is manageable.

Having players that abuse the system by doing bonus whoring by syndicate hopping while not contributing is part of the game and it is a valid strategy, even though, I'd never use that.

A 7-10k stat boost is nothing. My stats have gone up by more than that since yesterday, and I haven't spent any gold (yet). What kills you is the modifiers, as those are resistant to stat inflation. I forgot what the Top 10 prize is (let's say about 10k/10k), but I see it every war with the players I usually rob/attack-- people in syndicates above me jump by far more than ~10k, and people below me drop by far more than ~6k stats (or whatever the Top 25 prize is). The reason, of course, are the modifiers. For example, let's say I'm in a Top10 syndicate for next war (I'm not, but this is hypothetical). I am going to receive all of the same items that someone in a Top3 syndicate gets, but the 3rd place prize is 10% mafia attack. That means someone who currently has a 1mil attack (which is fairly mediocre for someone in the Top3), will get an extra 100k stat boost from just that modifier, and any item they get thereafter will have 10% attack on top of what the item says. That's huge.

You sit out a war or two, and you become irrelevant in no time.

bald zeemer
08-30-2013, 02:27 AM
BM is dead right. That 5% attack bonus last war was worth somewhere around 160k to my stats. Total war prizes were well north of 250k.

If you want to see how quickly dipping, let alone dropping, syndicates affects your standings just look at how quickly lupo went from easily top 10 stats to somewhere around top 500 in the space of about 2 months. Or, to put it another way, the people he was competitive with stat-wise when he was in Inds are now about 2-3m stronger than him.

gunny22
08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I am so intrigued by the alternative of living a prosperous CC life without being a member of a syndicate .....or having my own 5-10 members syndicate........absolutely no Ego driven syndicate.......:)......any personal experiences are very appreciated .....
I have my own 5-10 syn and it sucks: hard work 3 days long for 2 louzy prizes (each). I would rather be in a large (no gold) syn, working equally hard for top-250.