PDA

View Full Version : Are gold units really worth what you pay for?

Exxtraterrestrial
08-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Am thinking about trying to earn 90 gold and buy the Advanced X Fighter (air) cause it looks really cool but does the stats of the unit really live up to its price?

BoThox
08-29-2013, 02:14 PM
In general, gold units are not worth it when you compare them to the indestructible units you get from events. Getting the LE sets however, might prove to be a good deal.

Bndawgs
08-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Never buy those gold units. You get a far better return on your gold by using it to get you further in ltqs or the boss event or the fvf events.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Bump, bump, bump

SGT Rud
08-29-2013, 03:59 PM
It is going to have alot consideration on your level. Gold units purchased will be better bought earlier in the game. If you were trying to level as slowly as possible, LTQs are a no go, LE sets or other purchaseable gold units are more suited for your purpose. It is also going to depend on your boosts and bonuses. Purchasing gold units, you are more in control over your army than you would be for prizes in an LTQ. Yes you will get more indestructables for your gold in an LTQ than you would get buying gold units, however, the advancement in level might not be worth the payout. You will need to weight your own stats vs level ratio. If you tier out of a boss, you will not be going back. Once you hit level 250, there is no going back.

Not to mention, if your saving up tapjoy gold, you are not getting enough to make it very far in an LTQ. You really need to prestage hard, miss no energy, and still might require more gold than you are going to achieve from tapjoy. Tapjoy gold is better suited for FvF depending on how much BP you get per hit. As a free player, tapjoy gold is also best used for the end unit of a collect 10 chest event.

Aceboss
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM
It's always appeared to me that gold prices are extremely high when compared with the units atk/def stats, and that repricing them to reflect the times of 'free' higher stat jndestructible units obtainable in boss events and LTQ's might generate more interest in purchasing them.

Serious F
08-30-2013, 01:41 AM
I have never spent gold to buy a unit. Senseless.

frettlessibanez
08-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Never buy the gold units any more. I bought a few earlier in the game, but now there are so many ways to get indestructible units I don't see the point. I'd rather use it on my health, stamina, or energy.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Bumped it up

General Steakfries
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
I won the Shrike Superiority Fighter (Gree's gotten worse at spelling lol) using tapjoy gold. Besides case events, my only other gold would be for a composites factory.