PDA

View Full Version : Day 8 loyalty reward, looks wrong

Valid or
08-28-2013, 08:09 AM
For day 7 we get loyalty runner 175/175, but day 8 is a 90/90 unit..Isn't that going backwards?

Thief
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
For day 7 we get loyalty runner 175/175, but day 8 is a 90/90 unit..Isn't that going backwards?

Who said it moved up in a Linear Fashon?

They want to give you an incentive for logging in to reach a milestone (more so than everyday).

Valid or
08-28-2013, 08:30 AM
How is going backwards a incentive? Unless that unit does something else too..eg +20% from raids.
As a scratch and win it was all chance..this has nothing to do with chance, and was prob implemented due to all the complaints from high level players that said the scratch was outdated and almost useless on units. It should be moving forward.

Powerbang
08-28-2013, 08:32 AM
how is going backwards a incentive? Unless that unit does something else too..eg +20% from raids.
As a scratch and win it was all chance..this has nothing to do with chance, and was prob implemented due to all the complaints from high level players that said the scratch was outdated and almost useless on units. It should be moving forward.

it is a free unit.

Thief
08-28-2013, 08:50 AM
How is going backwards a incentive? Unless that unit does something else too..eg +20% from raids.

Who says its going backwards? Look forward towards the future...don't worry about todays prizes. The incentive is to log in 28 days in a row with a daily prize and the occassinal "spike" Prize.

Think of it as the stockmarket. Today you might not get as much as you did yesterday but over the long run your still 10% better off (assuming you want to believe the historcal manipulation of when they take those points of "averages").

Besides...its free.....What incentive do you need? You were going to log on anyways.

DocLo
08-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Day 7 = 1 week. Here's a little extra bonus for making your first week... enjoy.

Berio
08-28-2013, 08:59 AM
yeah I did notice that every 7 days has a better stats unit.

SevenO9
08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Oh good lord. Complains about a free unit.

mistergreen
08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Oh good lord. Complains about a free unit.

This is what happens. It started with gold. You give them free gold and then the following month it's "hey, where's my free gold? You suck, Gree!".

gero
08-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Who says its going backwards? Look forward towards the future...don't worry about todays prizes. The incentive is to log in 28 days in a row with a daily prize and the occassinal "spike" Prize.

Think of it as the stockmarket. Today you might not get as much as you did yesterday but over the long run your still 10% better off (assuming you want to believe the historcal manipulation of when they take those points of "averages").

Besides...its free.....What incentive do you need? You were going to log on anyways.

Thief, I actually was really looking forward to the day 7 prize. I was not going to complete all 28 as I did not want overachieve the first time around. That way next time I can shoot for 14 or maybe get crazy and try and reach 21. Don't set the bar too high Thief, you might pull something!

Thief
08-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Thief, I actually was really looking forward to the day 7 prize. I was not going to complete all 28 as I did not want overachieve the first time around. That way next time I can shoot for 14 or maybe get crazy and try and reach 21. Don't set the bar too high Thief, you might pull something!

Good point Gero...in fact it would be a big challenge in fact to NOT log in for a day.

Hahaha new idea for gree. Have you players not log in for 24 hours to recieve a prize. How many do you think would be able to last 24 hours? 48? 72? etc hahaha.

Pappy14
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Its a free unit why complain? But since you're already complaining, just realize it could be worse. I scored a second riot control unit today to go along with my shiny brand new pair of reapers.... not to mention the one day I never was offered a chance to collect a unit at all. Don't be so GREEdy and self-entitled, instead of moving anywhere you could be stuck in the same place!

Kefa
08-28-2013, 11:25 AM
After a stressful 12-hours at work on a Friday, an upper level manager leaves his office for the day and decides to walk around the city a bit to settle his thoughts before he gets in his car to go home. A couple blocks down, he sees a homeless man sitting against a building and feels compassion. He makes decent money for all the stress his job brings, so he decides to help the guy out. He pulls a $100 bill out of his pocket and hands it to the guy.

"Wow, thank you so much, that's so amazing! I can't believe someone in this world could be so generous; Thank you!", said the homeless man.

"Well, you're welcome. I hope it helps", said the manager, feeling a little better having been able to help someone with part of what he'd earned.

The next Friday he decided that the walk helped as a good buffer between work and home, so he did it again. Sure enough, there was the same homeless man sitting in the same spot. The manager again pulled out his wallet and handed the man another $100 bill. Again, the man was shocked and grateful.

This went on for six months - every Friday, another $100 gift, 26 weeks, $2,600 in total. After a while, the homeless man got accustomed to receiving $100 a week from the manager, the amazement wore off, and the thank you's got simpler until on the 26th week he simply gave a nod as he took the bill. On the 27th week the manager decided that he had helped the guy out quite a bit, probably more than anyone else ever had, so this time he walked on past him and looked for someone else to help. As soon as he passed by, what do you think the homeless guy said?

"Hey!! Where are you going?? Where's MY hundred dollars that you owe me???"

KFH
08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
After a stressful 12-hours at work on a Friday, an upper level manager leaves his office for the day and decides to walk around the city a bit to settle his thoughts before he gets in his car to go home. A couple blocks down, he sees a homeless man sitting against a building and feels compassion. He makes decent money for all the stress his job brings, so he decides to help the guy out. He pulls a $100 bill out of his pocket and hands it to the guy.

"Wow, thank you so much, that's so amazing! I can't believe someone in this world could be so generous; Thank you!", said the homeless man.

"Well, you're welcome. I hope it helps", said the manager, feeling a little better having been able to help someone with part of what he'd earned.

The next Friday he decided that the walk helped as a good buffer between work and home, so he did it again. Sure enough, there was the same homeless man sitting in the same spot. The manager again pulled out his wallet and handed the man another $100 bill. Again, the man was shocked and grateful.

This went on for six months - every Friday, another $100 gift, 26 weeks, $2,600 in total. After a while, the homeless man got accustomed to receiving $100 a week from the manager, the amazement wore off, and the thank you's got simpler until on the 26th week he simply gave a nod as he took the bill. On the 27th week the manager decided that he had helped the guy out quite a bit, probably more than anyone else ever had, so this time he walked on past him and looked for someone else to help. As soon as he passed by, what do you think the homeless guy said?

"Hey!! Where are you going?? Where's MY hundred dollars that you owe me???"I don't see how this story really relates to a game, with paying customers. i would understand if everything was free and we where not suppose to have a running game, but seeing as playing the game is a give take relationship with the company, i feel your story missed. Maybe if the bum was doing something for that 100 dollars, but in modern war we expect things from gree as gree expects things from us.

Kefa
08-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't see how this story really relates to a game, with paying customers. i would understand if everything was free and we where not suppose to have a running game, but seeing as playing the game is a give take relationship with the company, i feel your story missed. Maybe if the bum was doing something for that 100 dollars, but in modern war we expect things from gree as gree expects things from us.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend - but I thought the OP was talking about the FREE GIFT daily bonus units you get just for opening the game whether you ever buy gold, not units we pay actual money for or whether everything else in the game works properly. My mistake... I didn't realize some people were paying real money for the free daily units. I only know that I'm getting them without paying anything, and I'm grateful, even if one has lower stats than another.

If you've been paying cash for these free daily units, then yeah, I can see how you'd want them to have stats comparable with the amount you're paying.

It's just meant as a cute story about expectations vs. gratitude, but I suppose offense is in the eye of the beholder.

TheOracle
08-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Well I certainly enjoyed the story. Not that I would liken our players to homeless people, but there are some people out there with a very strange feeling of entitlement.

When we gave out loyalty gold, each player would receive however much we were giving out at the time (50 or 100). Each player could receive one loyalty gold payout but because of the way we give out gold, the loyalty gold window would pop up each time players opened the game. Well we got many tickets yelling at us that the window had popped up 6 times and they only received it once. When we explained that the multiple pop-ups were due to a restriction in our programming, many players got even angrier and said that if they saw the pop-up, that means that we owed that much gold to them.

Though we just shrugged those off and embraced the tickets from players who thanked us.

Prvt. Parts
08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Well it would be nice if everyone that logged in every day got the same prizes. A bunch of us on Android are getting the same day 3 unit every day.

ffp
08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Good point Gero...in fact it would be a big challenge in fact to NOT log in for a day.

Hahaha new idea for gree. Have you players not log in for 24 hours to recieve a prize. How many do you think would be able to last 24 hours? 48? 72? etc hahaha.

schrodinger's cat. If you logon early you get crap prize but if you don't logon, how would you know you received the prize?

General Steakfries
08-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Will this only last 28 days? Will the scratchers be back after? Chance was fun (although I'm not complaining about the free units)