PDA

View Full Version : £$£$ How much have you spent? £$£$

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:11 AM
So I have an honest question, and have attached a poll as to how much money you guys have spent on this game. I mean, seriously. I've spent $10, and that's it lol. I've heard about people spending thousands? Is that real? I'm on here quite a bit, level 129 actually, but definitely not going to spend much money on this game

CCK-buttsy
08-28-2013, 06:13 AM
where's the poll?

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Just posted it, sorry.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Nice job bro, I spent my ten on gold so I could get another building yet my IPH still sucks lol.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Wow that's cool. Do you download apps or do the surveys and such?

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:23 AM
i watch videos, do the surveys, and download apps like mad ;)
Lmao. How much gold have you earned from that? (roughly how much at least) and how long does it take to get that much?

VikesUK
Is the poll per month or total? My answer is about $100 a month

KillaJackz
Total, sorry. I'll edit the poll.

CCK-buttsy
08-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Is the poll per month or total? My answer is about $100 a monthtotal

morecharacters

VikesUK
08-28-2013, 06:26 AM
$100 a month roughly keeps me top 75 synd. My problem is that I've started 2 other accounts I want to be stronger than my main one which has almost blown it's level youth. So this could be $300 per month

noamlin
08-28-2013, 06:26 AM
doing the sureveys or downloading apps isn't worth the time (as you know, time is money).
i bought gold whenever i needed a building that can only be purchased with gold.
i have adult movie theater, wedding chapel, ice cream shops and gaming parlor - yeah i skipped the expensive ones,
and yet i have spent dozens of dollars which is clearly an addiction :(

VikesUK
08-28-2013, 06:29 AM
At the top levels of the game, you will spend up to a vault of gold in a single battle where you have a points cow. Other battles in a weekend you may have no target so gotta do it.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 06:32 AM
$100 a month roughly keeps me top 75 synd. My problem is that I've started 2 other accounts I want to be stronger than my main one which has almost blown it's level youth. So this could be $300 per month

That's a lot of money bro, be careful, seriously.

doing the sureveys or downloading apps isn't worth the time (as you know, time is money).
i bought gold whenever i needed a building that can only be purchased with gold.
i have adult movie theater, wedding chapel, ice cream shops and gaming parlor - yeah i skipped the expensive ones,
and yet i have spent dozens of dollars which is clearly an addiction :(

I did surveys and downloads a few times, got well over 50 gold. But I stopped because it took about an hour. To stay in a top 3 syndicate, how much would it cost those users? Do you have any rough estimate?

Butt Futter
08-28-2013, 06:39 AM
I've spent over $5000 since the start of syndicates.

BigMoney
08-28-2013, 06:40 AM
someone voted more then 5,000 dollars? either a troll or someone in a top 10 syndicate.

Not trolling. Quite a few people spend more than that in a month.

noamlin
08-28-2013, 06:46 AM
I did surveys and downloads a few times, got well over 50 gold. But I stopped because it took about an hour. To stay in a top 3 syndicate, how much would it cost those users? Do you have any rough estimate?
50 gold from surveys is a lot! and a lot of time waste!
it takes me at least 2 hours to make 50 gold (i only have the install-app option) so it isn't worth the money!
50 gold is 4 dollar which i make in a few minutes of work :S
so my time is more important than doing surveys...

I've spent over $5000 since the start of syndicates.
thats crazy! i could travel 3 months in the far east with this amount!!

cave man kid
08-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Been playing well over a year and think around $300 is not that bad considering all the hours of entertainment I got from this game

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your input guys. Cool survey to have done.

Butt Futter
08-28-2013, 07:07 AM
50 gold from surveys is a lot! and a lot of time waste!
it takes me at least 2 hours to make 50 gold (i only have the install-app option) so it isn't worth the money!

Everyone has there own vices and ways of having fun. I'm not a travaler and I also have 1 kid and a pregnant wife. I don't drink anymore nor have time to play PS or XBOX and quit my softball leagues. While my wife reads after the kid goes to bed I like to play CC.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 07:42 AM
First, I am not sure people will be completely honest on this one, many people are addicted and are embarrassed how much they have spent. Second, asking people if they are insane is not a good way to get honest answers. If you worked for Harris, your butt would be kicked to the curb for such a stupid lead-in comment.

I have spent a little over $1000 over the course of 2 years, mostly on buildings and chasing the top prize in the box events, when they were the only thing going. I learned in the first year that even spending $100 a month, I wasn't gonna come close to hanging, so I pretty much stopped altogether, with the rare building thrown in.

I think many many people have spent over 5 grand in this game, far more than will share, as it really isn't anybody's business, but you can't hang in a top 50 syndicate well at all without buying a vault for every battle, or even event. Just look at the numbers and you will have an idea.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, which could be a synonym for addiction. I'm not judging people, I just think they're making the wrong decision in spending so much.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 08:28 AM
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, which could be a synonym for addiction. I'm not judging people, I just think they're making the wrong decision in spending so much.

Yeah, we kinda figured that out.

If you want honest answers to a poll, editorialing your feelings on the subject is not the straightest path.

kgod
08-28-2013, 08:39 AM
i watch videos, do the surveys, and download apps like mad ;)

I have like 15 GoDaddy links and been accepted for a Discovery card the same amount of times. I have several email addresses solely for tapjoy offers

<3 Hz
08-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Where is the poll option for $100,000+?

I'd like to see how many have spent that much.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah, we kinda figured that out.

If you want honest answers to a poll, editorialing your feelings on the subject is not the straightest path.

Forums are for opinions.

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Where is the poll option for $100,000+?

I'd like to see how many have spent that much.

Lmfao! I thought $5000 was a good cap but do you think people really spend that much?

murf
08-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Lmfao! I thought $5000 was a good cap but do you think people really spend that much?

Only every 10th thread talks about this...you've been a member since 11/12, have you read as many threads as you've started recently...

Idiosyncrasy
08-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Total - $121.96

Vault - $79.99
Stockpile - $15.99
Stockpile - $15.99
Stash - $9.99

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Only every 10th thread talks about this...you've been a member since 11/12, have you read as many threads as you've started recently...

I hadn't actually used my forum account before. It was for a support ticket I needed answered. Now I post threads. Mind to stop being such a butthurt trolled all the time? K thanks.

<3 Hz
08-28-2013, 09:18 AM

Shoot son, some players have spent enough to buy a brand new Lamborghini Aventador.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Forums are for opinions.

Disguised as polls, apparently.

Thanks for your "opinion".

Gingeasian
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Ive spent a bit but tapjoy has really helped decrease the amount I spend. If you can get about 20-30 free gold every day then over the 17 day cycle thats almost a Bank truck ot $50 saved

candyson
08-28-2013, 04:19 PM
$0, why spend money, when I can can get so much for free *cough* boss event *cough*

Back hand emus
08-28-2013, 05:38 PM

If they make more money than you why do they need financial advice from you? I enjoy the game and being a free player with moderately good stats is something I pride myself on. If I wasn't in grad school and had a job I'd spend money as well. You obviously don't have disposable income so I don't see where you think you're qualified giving financial advice

KillaJackz
08-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Giving financial advice? Idiot I'm 14 years old and have more knowledge than you'll probably ever have. Obviously I don't have a job, I'm not a drug dealer.

Butt Futter
08-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Giving financial advice? Idiot I'm 14 years old and have more knowledge than you'll probably ever have. Obviously I don't have a job, I'm not a drug dealer.

Spoken like a true teenager.

BigMoney
08-29-2013, 04:14 AM
If they make more money than you why do they need financial advice from you? I enjoy the game and being a free player with moderately good stats is something I pride myself on. If I wasn't in grad school and had a job I'd spend money as well. You obviously don't have disposable income so I don't see where you think you're qualified giving financial advice

This succession of posts made me laugh. Solid logical post followed by teen angst.

bald zeemer
08-29-2013, 04:58 AM
Very comfortably crossed the threshold to the bottom option.

someone voted more then 5,000 dollars? either a troll or someone in a top 10 syndicate.
So either a troll, or one of 600 people, most of whom at least visit the forum?

I'm pretty sure the option wasn't "my last $5000", but just "$5000". Doing one does not preclude the other.

Actually, the aphorism is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

Simply doing the same thing over again is hardly insane - it's a requirement to live.

If your annual disposable income isn't the same as others' daily disposable income then you're unlikely to be able to have much in the way of perspective when it comes to nominal spending. This, of course, cuts both ways.

tom73
08-29-2013, 05:10 AM
How do you think people in the top 3 get that many points? I am one of only a couple gold spenders in my syndicate. We have low level campers that assume that I have a powerful gun. Nope. It's called gold.

I keep the gold spending to where I am comfortable and to be honest am slowly decreasing it as others in our syndicate develop better stats.

KillaJackz
08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Very comfortably crossed the threshold to the bottom option.

So either a troll, or one of 600 people, most of whom at least visit the forum?

I'm pretty sure the option wasn't "my last $5000", but just "$5000". Doing one does not preclude the other.

Actually, the aphorism is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

Simply doing the same thing over again is hardly insane - it's a requirement to live.

If your annual disposable income isn't the same as others' daily disposable income then you're unlikely to be able to have much in the way of perspective when it comes to nominal spending. This, of course, cuts both ways.

I accept your constructive criticism as to the other people's illogical, unreasonable and rude explanations.

Back hand emus
08-29-2013, 12:36 PM

I accept your constructive criticism as to the other people's illogical, unreasonable and rude explanations.

And this wasn't illogical, unreasonable, and rude? I must need to go back to high school to learn more school

KillaJackz
08-29-2013, 01:23 PM
And this wasn't illogical, unreasonable, and rude? I must need to go back to high school to learn more school
To learn more school? I didn't know you could learn school :P

Back hand emus
08-29-2013, 01:46 PM
-facepalm-

TMI
08-29-2013, 02:44 PM
interesting bimodal distribution.
It seems like you either don't spend any money at all, or you go all out (considering vaults are better deals than bags, trucks, or whatever the other gold options are).
32 ppl voted no money
32 ppl voted over $1000

I also wonder how many of the ppl that spent more than $100 bought the vault. It would have been a better deal, even if you stretch out the time that gold is spend.

clemenza
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=noamlin;948317]50 gold from surveys is a lot! and a lot of time waste!

but what if your doing the surveys at work during down time?

IkkesNL
08-30-2013, 01:47 AM
I spent nothing, was thinking bout it.
But i think the game is on its back, so will wait to see whats happening.

KillaJackz
08-31-2013, 04:08 AM
I spent nothing, was thinking bout it.
But i think the game is on its back, so will wait to see whats happening.
Don't spend. I spent 10, and I won't do it again. Their prices are outrageous.

MWWM J
10-22-2013, 04:25 PM
I've never spent any of my $ but the leader did send me codes for 2 $25 iTunes cards for the syn wars. I was voted MVP of the syn war and he gave me another $25 iTunes card code for myself. Just wondering does any other syn leaders do that?

BAN90210
10-23-2013, 06:34 AM
I've spent a few thousand already. It happens ya know.

Zinger _
10-23-2013, 10:54 AM
but why would you spend money on a game?
So your saying that you've never spent money on a game. Xbox, PS3? Hell even TV, it's all entertainment. Crime city is just another game. Although, I'm sure there are people playing with money to burn, soo why not? Whether they go over the top with it or not is not my problem it's their own.

nikosuave
10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
The overwhelming majority is free players... no wonder the forums are filled with ignorance and complaining

N41LZ
10-25-2013, 03:27 AM
The overwhelming majority is free players... no wonder the forums are filled with ignorance and complaining

No, more like gold spenders turned free players... kinda hints at something if any admins are reading this