PDA

View Full Version : Request to GREE to enable booting during WD

ptong
08-27-2013, 10:45 PM
The higher tier factions should face this issue, not only us.

We're initiating a request to GREE to make it possible to boot players during WD.

Some players will promise heaven and earth to join a faction and can perform during FvF and even donate in game cash generously but when it comes to WD the promise of gold / pledge of points can go out the window and the faction is unable to do anything about this.

The game is tough enough at a competitive level with gold being being bought and put into use. To literally carry dead weight is to introduce an ersatz human dynamic into the game which makes strategies untenable given that we can't physically strangle players who promise 'A' and deliver 'a' since faction rankings in WD are a sum of the parts.

Please do consider allowing this option to exist GREE. Thank you for your consideration.

Beach Head
08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I need 3 more post to make a thread

Gee-2
08-27-2013, 11:44 PM
It would be a great option to boot someone during a war so you get a bump from me. Even if gree takes away any points they made (like they do in fvf) since they hardly make any it won't be a great loss.

KalebR
08-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Hahaah this will never happen

kuksluk
08-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Or... you could simply join a faction where everybody contributes (and get amazing prizes every war)...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65719-The-Time-Has-Come-Become-An-Assassin-Silent-Assassins-1-amp-2-2nd-Place-And-Top10

baucoin007
08-28-2013, 12:25 AM
If you boot within ten minutes after the war, they don't get the rewards.

ptong
08-28-2013, 03:22 AM
is that right baucoin?

Lancerdually
08-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Nope that is wrong, they still get the prizes

warrends
08-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Vet your members weeks before war time. See how they play. How they participate. How they communicate. How they donate. If you're happy with that then you have to take a chance during war time. If you're unhappy then kick them before the war begins if necessary. There is a lot of trust involved, even in this on-line community. Gaining that trust comes thru time playing with other players. That's the best you can do.

I disagree with booting members during war. In my old faction I was one of our first officers, for 8-10 months, and by far our most active officer (most active member period). I had a minor (yes, minor) disagreement with our leader and he dictatorially kicked me (a story for another day, many of our members were pissed off, but I'm currently in a close-to-top-50 faction, so maybe a good move in retrospect). If we had had that disagreement during the war he could have kicked me then and there. That would not have been fair.

The game mechanics themselves make the faction leader the ruler of your world. They can do everything. Officers can only accept requests and delete forum posts. YAY!!! The leader has it all, and there isn't a damned thing anyone else can do about it (hence my statement above about him being dictatorial). They have enough power as it is. Don't add more.

Snipe
08-28-2013, 07:40 AM
There have been times earlier in war events when guys were randomly declaring wars and I would have loved to have the option. At this point, nobody really does that anymore at least in better teams. I think the downside of carrying a couple guys that don't pull weight are pretty minor. Unless you could somehow also replace them. But I think having teams locked makes sense - they may free ride off you once, but then they're gone.

Snipe

ptong
08-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Vet your members weeks before war time. See how they play. How they participate. How they communicate. How they donate. If you're happy with that then you have to take a chance during war time. If you're unhappy then kick them before the war begins if necessary. There is a lot of trust involved, even in this on-line community. Gaining that trust comes thru time playing with other players. That's the best you can do.

I disagree with booting members during war. In my old faction I was one of our first officers, for 8-10 months, and by far our most active officer (most active member period). I had a minor (yes, minor) disagreement with our leader and he dictatorially kicked me (a story for another day, many of our members were pissed off, but I'm currently in a close-to-top-50 faction, so maybe a good move in retrospect). If we had had that disagreement during the war he could have kicked me then and there. That would not have been fair.

The game mechanics themselves make the faction leader the ruler of your world. They can do everything. Officers can only accept requests and delete forum posts. YAY!!! The leader has it all, and there isn't a damned thing anyone else can do about it (hence my statement above about him being dictatorial). They have enough power as it is. Don't add more.

Sorry to hear of your experience but yes, we've heard of dictators aplenty.

We run democratically. Recruitment takes a quorum of 7 votes by 14 officers and so does booting. And even if we get a quorum of 7 an officer can still speak up for the member but that takes 2 officers. We rotate leadership among the more active officers and none of us really wants that stupid star next to our name so we can't wait till the next fella is IT! LOL

To date we've only ever booted 2 forum trolls who show up all the time and yak while advising others how to use their gold but never gold themselves or constantly have their devices 'locked up' by mothers / wives.

Brought us from 500 to T25 this system did and we're trying to keep it that way. :D

ptong
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM
There have been times earlier in war events when guys were randomly declaring wars and I would have loved to have the option. At this point, nobody really does that anymore at least in better teams. I think the downside of carrying a couple guys that don't pull weight are pretty minor. Unless you could somehow also replace them. But I think having teams locked makes sense - they may free ride off you once, but then they're gone.

Snipe

I see the sense in that but a free ride leads to possibly nicer stats since they ride off the T50s ... then someone else gets the crap and they simply change IGN and keep going until they become a super stats player who actually did almost nothing the entire time. The the crap keeps rolling around. That's why there's a deadbeat's list going on to ID these players. :D

jchow69
08-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Well, it could get into a problem 4 those dat do contribute. What id he was in a top 75 faction and was able to score 250k WD points and at 2:58 PM est, he gets booted? It could go very wrong...

Big Baby Jesus
08-28-2013, 08:48 AM
If they boarded the plane for the trip...they should return on the flight home.
Except for Fazhang aka Alan, he should be kicked 30 seconds before the plane takes off.

ptong
08-28-2013, 08:58 AM
If they boarded the plane for the trip...they should return on the flight home.
Except for Fazhang aka Alan, he should be kicked 30 seconds before the plane takes off.

he's on the list Big Baby!

and yes, we are planning to boot "30 seconds before the plane takes off" as you so eloquently put it if he every comes our way again under a different name which he has already but that was pre-Canada.

Big Baby Jesus
08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
he's on the list Big Baby!

and yes, we are planning to boot "30 seconds before the plane takes off" as you so eloquently put it if he every comes our way again under a different name which he has already but that was pre-Canada.

Sorry Fazhang aka Alan aka MrMoneyBags aka Scrub Sandwich your name appears on the "Do Not Fly" list.

Mrs L
08-30-2013, 11:00 PM
We have a player that we added (we thought they were OK) and is now starting a war at the end of each war, not participating (only has 1 loss and 0 wins and zero points after 7 wars) and made foul comments in the forum/chat. He/she hasn't stopped since 6:00 pm cst. At first they were deleting that they were the one that started the war and after being called out, now just leaves it on the wall.

Being able to boot someone, I say YES!!!!!!!!!! For having disagreements, no.

But there is always an exception to the rule. Hopefully one day they will add this for the Team leader.

Oh wait, he just did it again...... UGH! It's going to be a long 3 days!!:mad:

FromAfar
08-30-2013, 11:41 PM
the boot function should be applied to GREE support as well.

agree with you on boot!

if the worthless players and gree support were truly reachable, that would be something. you could actually tell them how worthless they were and listen to their being stupid in person. and 10 bad reviews of team mates or gree support folks should result in the offending party being expelled or terminated.

The higher tier factions should face this issue, not only us.

We're initiating a request to GREE to make it possible to boot players during WD.

Some players will promise heaven and earth to join a faction and can perform during FvF and even donate in game cash generously but when it comes to WD the promise of gold / pledge of points can go out the window and the faction is unable to do anything about this.

The game is tough enough at a competitive level with gold being being bought and put into use. To literally carry dead weight is to introduce an ersatz human dynamic into the game which makes strategies untenable given that we can't physically strangle players who promise 'A' and deliver 'a' since faction rankings in WD are a sum of the parts.

Please do consider allowing this option to exist GREE. Thank you for your consideration.

Mrs L
08-31-2013, 01:09 AM
Or maybe just let the leader and officers be allowed to declare war. That would help out too.

Machine Gun
08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
If you boot within ten minutes after the war, they don't get the rewards. that's what we do

Zulfiqaar
08-31-2013, 01:53 AM
I think players should be allowed to get booted in the first one or two days of the war, and are locked in on the third day.
Maybe a officer vote is required to boot during war..so no leader dictation

KFH
08-31-2013, 02:33 AM
it would be a great idea without the human element, since those are the ones fcking us over. wouldn't make sense you could either use a player till the end or be used by a player. so in essence its use or be used real life rules.... we get at least 4 people that end up screwing us over

jchow69
08-31-2013, 08:45 AM
that's what we do

Well, they still receive da rewards, lol.

Saint Anger
08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Well, they still receive da rewards, lol.

They do not receive the awards if you are fast enough. Been done, and confirmed afterwards by checking inventories, many times.

spytime
08-31-2013, 09:31 AM
they won't receive the rewards if you do it very fast after war ends. Been done to many leeches many times. Not even single unit he/she gets.

jchow69
08-31-2013, 09:34 AM
But then again, if leaders misuse it and boot the heavy hitters, then dat would not be good.

Military Police
09-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Make it so the leader can put in a vote for expulsion. If 10 faction members vote for the boot, then they're gone.

ptong
09-04-2013, 05:09 AM
But then again, if leaders misuse it and boot the heavy hitters, then dat would not be good.

Hey Jason,

I'll have to call you out on this because despite being out of our faction you're still causing a serious amount of grief to all who have the misfortune of having known you and probably those who currently and newly know you as well.

You're spouting crap for someone who talks a really large load and delivers like 15k WDP when you were with us. Nevermind where you are right now. Nevermind that you probably still try to dictate what your gold spending team mates should do while you don't even try to tapjoy. Nevermind that you keep trying to get your minis into a variety of factions WD after WD to sleep/camp because you are one of those who do not believe in leveling up for fear of the bogeyman at level 150.

No one in their right mind, unless they are T10 perhaps is going to boot a heavy hitter who can deliver 250k+ WDP. What did you deliver in India for Ferrs Juniors?

I am a cow
09-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Hey Jason,

I'll have to call you out on this because despite being out of our faction you're still causing a serious amount of grief to all who have the misfortune of having known you and probably those who currently and newly know you as well.

You're spouting crap for someone who talks a really large load and delivers like 15k WDP when you were with us. Nevermind where you are right now. Nevermind that you probably still try to dictate what your gold spending team mates should do while you don't even try to tapjoy. Nevermind that you keep trying to get your minis into a variety of factions WD after WD to sleep/camp because you are one of those who do not believe in leveling up for fear of the bogeyman at level 150.

No one in their right mind, unless they are T10 perhaps is going to boot a heavy hitter who can deliver 250k+ WDP. What did you deliver in India for Ferrs Juniors?

He scored 50K~ he had 35k after a few wars so I'd guess 50k or so Jason correct me if I'm wrong

Who dares wins
09-04-2013, 05:45 AM
Terrible idea to many people will be kicked just to spite them and stop them getting there rewards I vote against this

ptong
09-04-2013, 05:45 AM
He scored 50K~ he had 35k after a few wars so I'd guess 50k or so Jason correct me if I'm wrong

Ah yes Richard,

the forums have missed you too! Still encouraging members of the actively trying faction you joined to camp and NOT level up? :D

JPD sends his regards.

otis10341
09-04-2013, 05:51 AM

I agree no way should this ever be allowed. Look at it this way, if you have the right to boot someone during war, they have the right to leave your faction during war and join another, only fair. That could be very abused. Leave it the way it is, boot after battle move on and research your recruits.

fofito30
09-04-2013, 05:54 AM
I do agree with the option for deleting a player during WD weekend, sadly it becomes a rather subjective issue as the Leader or officers may boot said player for any reason whatsoever. The criteria being not only a free loader who doesn't contribute to WDP minimum or promised gold expenditure, but with the new faction LTQ they become a liability in terms of not scoring points or giving away high points (due to low stats-high lvl) that they become targets to other factions making almost impossible for other members to cover his giveaways. Now wins do matter.
Regarding the issue of players contributing with a high IPH that benefits the faction treasury, scoring high points during FvF/PvP yet not scoring WDP's has been an issue since day one and I believe many have cried over time for this possibility. Question is, Should everyday active players be discharged for poor performance during battle? Again, IMO there should be an option for officers to discharge said players as teams should be able to adapt. If a player is costing the faction too many wins due to lack or ability to function as a team player the option to cut loose ties Shoukd be there during WD.

MojoJojo
09-04-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm against this one. There is no good way to do this so gree has opted for the choice with the least amount of lawsuits.
Accidentally booting a player, then what? Expect gree's speedy ticket response to bring them back in before the war is finished??? Laughable.
Dictator faction leaders who kick people before they have had a chance to participate in a war due to weddings, family issues, angry wives/husbands destroying iPads/iPhones.
Even the idea that the officers group together to decide the fate of said slacker. The faction leader sometimes doesn't even have officers. Or only has 1. Not going to work.
Freeloaders are apart of the game. Choose wisely faction leaders.
Better yet Gree should have a coup d'état button where if 51% of the faction wants to boot the faction leader for being a knob, they can do so. Lol

ptong
09-04-2013, 06:38 AM
I'm against this one. There is no good way to do this so gree has opted for the choice with the least amount of lawsuits.
Accidentally booting a player, then what? Expect gree's speedy ticket response to bring them back in before the war is finished??? Laughable.
Dictator faction leaders who kick people before they have had a chance to participate in a war due to weddings, family issues, angry wives/husbands destroying iPads/iPhones.
Even the idea that the officers group together to decide the fate of said slacker. The faction leader sometimes doesn't even have officers. Or only has 1. Not going to work.
Better yet Gree should have a coup d'état button where if 51% of the faction wants to boot the faction leader for being a knob, they can do so. Lol

This I like too! As a balance to members being kicked. :D

General Ranger
09-04-2013, 06:51 AM

My LLP was with ferr jrs and He scored way over 100k from what I can remember.

Can I also remind you guys your dealing with a young kid so cut him some slack please.

lemonhaze
09-04-2013, 07:03 AM
I agree no way should this ever be allowed. Look at it this way, if you have the right to boot someone during war, they have the right to leave your faction during war and join another, only fair. That could be very abused. Leave it the way it is, boot after battle move on and research your recruits. ya man this will never be allowed nor should it..someone could join a faction and just completely sabatoge it and then jump out and go back to thier orginal faction to get the rewards they would have got anyways..even here at kill yo self we have had our issues with freeloaders and losers but we didnt let that stop us..we booted them after war then moved on..they are on the hitlist and they rarely get to collect anymore and boosts and everthing else took out on a daily basis..thats only for the ones that come in and dont do nothing and lied to get in..the ones that we had b4 that come and tried their hardest but didnt make the req then we thank them for thier service they did and we try to find them a suitable home and part ways as pals..we have finally moved on to a full active roster and everone here are super active now

Kennetth
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM
They do not receive the awards if you are fast enough. Been done, and confirmed afterwards by checking inventories, many times.

I could be wrong, but that seems to violate the established rule. The person could probably get the units in 4-6 weeks if they sent a ticket to GREE support.

lemonhaze
09-04-2013, 07:24 AM
I could be wrong, but that seems to violate the established rule. The person could probably get the units in 4-6 weeks if they sent a ticket to GREE support. they get the units whoever told this guy that is 100% wrong..i know for sure bc we had some losers in our faction b4 to and u cant kick no one out till about 5mins or so after the war,when the units have done been delivered

fofito30
09-04-2013, 07:26 AM

Coup d'état button, sounds nice!!! actually have heard some leaders do deserve that and then some. Been very lucky that in the factions I been- not that many- the leader always been a very down to earth, reasonable, reachable, everyday player. Seems that is not the case in some and the. There are those who the Leader tag gets to their heads and think they are semi gods or something. Would be nice as well as being able to boot dead weight/free loaders during event to make game more real, but true to everyone that has posted: It ain't happening for several reasons.

Wai
09-04-2013, 08:14 AM
If you take them on then you have to deal with them doing nothing. It would create more issues than it solves to be able to boot before the end, UNLESS they receive all the rewards anyway. But we still have the ability for factions to manipulate that, so the option below might be a better way forward.

Other than that, the main concern is the button pusher. To solve that the villain could be frozen out of the faction while he remains in the list. In other words no further access for him. His wins and losses still count through the entire event, he still receives all the rewards and it cant be manipulated by faction leaders to remove the perceived weak link losing player.

Should the ability to boot mid-war eventuate, it will come where players that are reasonably active but happen to become a good target for the opposition, will be booted as a strategy. Manipulation is definitely not the desired outcome.

whitepath23
09-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I would vote against this as well. I am the leader of a faction and dont see this as a good option.......you are stuck with who you start with

Arc Burn
09-04-2013, 11:54 AM
You could solve the button pusher by only allowing officers to declare. Just make sure you have an officer in every time zone.

Otherwise I agree, if you took the person on they should stay. Do your homework!

Web323
09-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Let me dump worthless players during battle would be great and they can take the points they scored as well

Mastert55
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I completely agree. There are some people in my faction who just freeload that only score 5k under. Meanwhile others spending big bucks to even clear 100k