PDA

View Full Version : Why do people request to be allies by telling you that they are daily players?

Major Elvis Newton
08-27-2013, 04:59 PM
For that matter, why do they list their stats and current level? WTF difference does it make?

Oceanz
08-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Only thing I can think of is that they're saying they'll accept your ally request very soon.

But yeah, I don't get it either. For faction members, it makes sense. But for allies?

Major Elvis Newton
08-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Totally weird... I get about one a week

junkkicker
08-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I dont get it when they claim to be a strong player...

Zulfiqaar
08-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Theyre treating you like an ignorant noob..an incentive to accept
I guess it makes sense much higher up though, if you have 500 allies all stronger than you in the whalezone, it kinda protects you quite a bit..especially with daily strong players who will attack/raid you frequently

Fatherllama
08-27-2013, 10:49 PM
A lot of people still have a great many misconceptions about this game, and especially how allies work.

Major Elvis Newton
08-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Theyre treating you like an ignorant noob..an incentive to accept
I guess it makes sense much higher up though, if you have 500 allies all stronger than you in the whalezone, it kinda protects you quite a bit..especially with daily strong players who will attack/raid you frequently

I'm not sure what you mean here. How does it make any difference whatsoever?

Beach Head
08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
...................?

whitefire
08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I think he means that 500 strong players as allies is 500 less predators to plunder your base when you're in the whale zone.

Chris_
08-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Now you can raid your allies. Only people that you cannot raid is faction members

warrends
08-28-2013, 04:43 AM
Now you can raid your allies. Only people that you cannot raid is faction members

Since when? I've never seen this.

Pappy-HCT
08-28-2013, 05:12 AM
I see allies on rivals list all the time. Typically only when i refresh the list a lot, but it does happen. I never accept someone as an ally that would be a good target. However, i will try to add someone that can beat me.

Major Elvis Newton
08-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Well you definitely can't raid your allies from the "visit allies" area

Vegaman
08-28-2013, 05:50 AM
No but since the upgrade a few weeks ago all your allies except those in your own faction are raid-able. Sort of defeats the object of having allies i would have thought.

Mc Drew
08-28-2013, 06:38 AM
I think he means that 500 strong players as allies is 500 less predators to plunder your base when you're in the whale zone.

Excuse my being noob, but what's meant by whale zone?.... Thanks

Snipe
08-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Excuse my being noob, but what's meant by whale zone?.... Thanks

When you pull up rivals list, will show other players that are similar to your level. So big hitter not raiding newbie. But at highest levels there aren't so many players, so Gree puts all big fish into the "whale zone" so they can attack and raid each other. You'll know when you've entered since guys with 1 million + stats start cleaning out your cash regularly. Lots of players try to avoid leveling up to avoid being in whale zone, among other reasons.

Valid or
08-28-2013, 08:37 AM
No but since the upgrade a few weeks ago all your allies except those in your own faction are raid-able. Sort of defeats the object of having allies i would have thought.
Have you checked them against your Allie list to see if its the same player? And not just a duplicate name..names are not unique in gree's games. It's possible to say have 50 or more players using the same name.

Herr Kruger
08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
They want you to accept them as an ally.

General Maximus
08-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Have you checked them against your Allie list to see if its the same player? And not just a duplicate name..names are not unique in gree's games. It's possible to say have 50 or more players using the same name.

Being able to attack/raid allies and not faction members has been going on for several months. CJ posted about it in a thread a long time ago. He said they had to do it because after the advent of factions many players were having shortages of players to attack in their rival list.