PDA

View Full Version : GREE: This "frozen scoreboard" feature is complete GARBAGE

Powerbang
08-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Just thought I would point out the stupidity in this "feature" you call a frozen scoreboard.

Per your customer support:

"In the last hour of the event, our scoreboards are intentionally frozen. Our servers continue to record all points scored and they are tallied at the close of the event. This is to encourage greater competition and create an element of mystery."

So basically you're going to collect people's hard earned money... some of which is OBSCENE money... and you're going to take away any tangible way of monitoring your own performance? Are you KIDDING me?

Can you imagine? The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs are deadlocked in game 6 of the NBA Finals. It's 82-82 heading into the fourth quarter. What's this? Power has been cut to the scoreboard and shot clock. The NBA feels the game should have more of a mysterious element to it. Rather than view the scoreboard... the NBA will be in touch some time after the game to announce the winner of the contest.

This is pathetic and GREED at its finest.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
I don't care as long as we're still getting rewarded I don't mind what kind of stuff they whip up.

Powerbang
08-26-2013, 02:47 PM
That is exactly the point. I have a teammate that missed Top 1000 after falling over 100 spots during the "blackout".

Nothing like 800 gold spent for something that would have been easily achieved had the board been on.

To spend that much for nothing is complete rubbish.

DocLo
08-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's a tad frustrating. I was 4k down from top 2500... so of course I wanted to "push" a bit to get into that. But push how hard? I spent about 20 gold to get some extra shots in to be sure and ended up 2250 or so. Overshot... Oh well, but they get the gold and my $$. Eventually I'll grow tired of this.

Powerbang
08-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's a tad frustrating. I was 4k down from top 2500... so of course I wanted to "push" a bit to get into that. But push how hard? I spent about 20 gold to get some extra shots in to be sure and ended up 2250 or so. Overshot... Oh well, but they get the gold and my $$. Eventually I'll grow tired of this.

So will many others. Especially when more real dough is on the line...

Jhenry02
08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I thought ferr fought to unfreeze leaderboards and have a published winners list for crate events. Guess it didn't count for fvf.

TAA Sam
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Just a money making idea from GREE, nothing more nothing less. If your near the next prize level, and don't know your target, most people will spend spend spend.

To me, the answer they gave to the OP is just patronising beyond belief.

BoThox
08-26-2013, 03:40 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with the OP here. Gree reminds me more and more of 1BM and Micro$oft during their days of glory. Get what you can, as fast as you can.

STEVE O
08-26-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll not be buying any more gold after that last rip off
BIG FAT CONN not happy at all gaming is suposed to be fun

Powerbang
08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
For those arguing that this is a money making scam...

NO KIDDING.

however, the scam is the same if you keep the scoreboard enabled. You still have a finite number of players who have been willing to use gold to get to where they were in the first 71 hours of the event. What kind of grass are they smoking that they believe a flipping mystery is a GOOD thing?

if someone wants to achieve a certain rank... top 100, top 1000, etc. They will still spend like crazy to achieve it... I would argue even MORE SO if they know what they're up against and are short points.

this is nothing but short-sightedness, poor planning, poor customer service and terrible gameplay. If making CONSISTENT customers angry with you is their goal, they're doing a dang fine job.

Just a money making idea from GREE, nothing more nothing less. If your near the next prize level, and don't know your target, most people will spend spend spend.

To me, the answer they gave to the OP is just patronising beyond belief.

free play
08-27-2013, 03:20 AM
it's ****e, I was less than 2500 in the last min and when the rewards were giving I was 2501, the game freezes some time in the last hour and still takes points on the leader boards...notting worse than been on the bubble

13 BRAVO
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Not a fan of the frozen scoreboard. I will not do the FVF anymore.

fils
08-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Just thought I would point out the stupidity in this "feature" you call a frozen scoreboard.

Per your customer support:

"In the last hour of the event, our scoreboards are intentionally frozen. Our servers continue to record all points scored and they are tallied at the close of the event. This is to encourage greater competition and create an element of mystery."

So basically you're going to collect people's hard earned money... some of which is OBSCENE money... and you're going to take away any tangible way of monitoring your own performance? Are you KIDDING me?

Can you imagine? The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs are deadlocked in game 6 of the NBA Finals. It's 82-82 heading into the fourth quarter. What's this? Power has been cut to the scoreboard and shot clock. The NBA feels the game should have more of a mysterious element to it. Rather than view the scoreboard... the NBA will be in touch some time after the game to announce the winner of the contest.

This is pathetic and GREED at its finest.

Translation for the customer support response: "We know many players only do enough to stick in the bottom of some tier and therefore we freeze the leader board hoping they spend more money on gold to assure their spot, allowing us indirectly to put some more pennies in our wallets".

That's complete rubbish and if I was your teamate I'd pick the e-mail with that official answer and send it to the Apple/Amazon/Google Store in order to get a refund.