PDA

View Full Version : 92m for new ltb?!?

Curtis Snow
08-26-2013, 02:19 PM
This is getting ridiculous, ever increasing prices on ltbs is not a good way to entice new players or relatively new players like myself to keep playing. I started right after the pagoda was on the market for 15m now its more worthwhile to upgrade a nc to lvl 4. Ive always wanted an ltb but 92m for a building thats income is only 57k iph is not wortg it when you can buy a lvl 2 nightclub for cheaper with twice the iph. 40-75m should be the range they stay in.

Haien
08-26-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree that its hard for new players to participate in LTB events, but they have to increase the prices on the LTBs aswell, since ppl are getting stronger IPH. Nightclub is the way to go for those who missed on pagoda.

This building is decent, but I dont like the odd collect time. 26hrs is way better than 18 and 20hrs, im gonna build these this time.

Carloco
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Do you have a link to see this new LTB??

BigMoney
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Breaking news: not every player can participate in every event.

LTBs are to reward high IPH players, not to "entice new players." Deal with it.

Bariel
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
I'd love another 15m LTB like the Pagoda it was a real gem of a building.

You think it's ridiculous that the prices are increasing because your income isn't high enough to start buying them, I agree that's tough for new players but for more established players then buying LTBs is growing their IPH all the time and so they probably need to raise the costs each time or it will become too easy to unlock the higher levels and get the rewards.

Two ways to look at it really.

Curtis Snow
08-26-2013, 02:37 PM
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Money_Buildings

For all your building needs and they post ltbs before the game does.

Gingeasian
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
If you want to get 2 of the ltbs you have 3 options.
Option #1 Buy cash
Option #2 Increase your iph
Option #3 rob people

Timmaaay
08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
And now they will shut down this thread. IBTL. Kuddos....

For all your building needs and they post ltbs before the game does.

Ben Weston
08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
multiple restarts and still not showing on mine :(

Timmaaay
08-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Its not up yet. They are commenting on the "leaked" data from that one website posted above...

multiple restarts and still not showing on mine :(

Ben Weston
08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
ahhhh, thought it was a bit early.

songsalieri
08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Try to remember 3 important things about online gaming:
1) It is more fair to make the best income buildings cost more to prevent all the higher level
players from owning all the best stuff without having to play the game or use real currency.
That keeps them from crushing the newer players. It evens things out a little in the long run.
2) Game development & upkeep cost money. Games must make money from someone in
order for it to be free to play. I hated the early days of online gaming from certain devices
because all you could get were games you had to buy without knowing if it was worth it to
you. As long as some people pay for things, other people get to play for free. If the game didn't
offer stuff cool enough for people to want it, nobody would spend any money & the game
would not be worth keeping up.
3) Its just a game.

Curtis Snow
08-26-2013, 02:59 PM

You think it's ridiculous that the prices are increasing because your income isn't high enough to start buying them, I agree that's tough for new players but for more established players then buying LTBs is growing their IPH all the time and so they probably need to raise the costs each time or it will become too easy to unlock the higher levels and get the rewards.

They can tone down the rewards for cheaper ltbs. Simple concept

songsalieri
08-26-2013, 03:01 PM
This is getting ridiculous, ever increasing prices on ltbs is not a good way to entice new players or relatively new players like myself to keep playing. I started right after the pagoda was on the market for 15m now its more worthwhile to upgrade a nc to lvl 4. Ive always wanted an ltb but 92m for a building thats income is only 57k iph is not wortg it when you can buy a lvl 2 nightclub for cheaper with twice the iph. 40-75m should be the range they stay in.

Try to remember 3 important things about online gaming:
1) It is more fair to make the best income buildings cost more to prevent all the higher level
players from owning all the best stuff without having to play the game or use real currency.
That keeps them from crushing the newer players. It evens things out a little in the long run.
2) Game development & upkeep cost money. Games must make money from someone in
order for it to be free to play. I hated the early days of online gaming from certain devices
because all you could get were games you had to buy without knowing if it was worth it to
you. As long as some people pay for things, other people get to play for free. If the game didn't
offer stuff cool enough for people to want it, nobody would spend any money & the game
would not be worth keeping up.
3) Its just a game.

Curtis Snow
08-26-2013, 03:05 PM
If you want to get 2 of the ltbs you have 3 options.
Option #1 Buy cash
Option #2 Increase your iph
Option #3 rob people

Thats not the point ging, I can easily rob 5-10m+ a day which is well in range of getting this ltb before its off the market, but when itsore economically feasible to upgrade ncs to level 4s for slightly more why would you buy an ltb that pays way less?

Cao Bao
08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Considering that the ltb has NOT been introduced yet aren't we breaking Cjs rules?

DO NOT:
"Discuss unreleased game content."

Gingeasian
08-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Thats not the point ging, I can easily rob 5-10m+ a day which is well in range of getting this ltb before its off the market, but when itsore economically feasible to upgrade ncs to level 4s for slightly more why would you buy an ltb that pays way less?
Of course there are other upgrades that will increase your iph faster and ltbs may not always be the best iph increase for the money you spend. But ltbs have always been more about the items with the income gain as a nice bonus. But there arent many other ways to get a 2K stat item without using gold.

Max Power
08-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I have 5 billion in the bank. Not sure I want to deal with the dumb 26 hour collect time.

LisaM
08-26-2013, 03:22 PM
<Snip> Not sure I want to deal with the dumb 26 hour collect time.

This times 100-freakin-million.

Mac Mama
08-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I agree that limited time buildings are meant for the players who have been around a while and are not necessarily intended for new players.

Bariel
08-26-2013, 04:47 PM
They can tone down the rewards for cheaper ltbs. Simple concept

Again it's ok for newcomers but those who have built up IPH would rather the rewards were higher and pay more for the LTBs. All the various different types of events favour different stats - IPH, energy, stamina, etc and the LTBs favour the campers with high IPH to let them build up some atk/def stats too. No other way for campers to do that without gaining XP.

Newcomers have Epic Boss that favour them.

Going for the nightclub is a bit of a short sighted tactic you gain initially but lose out longer term, in between upgrading nightclub levels you will have periods of saving and waiting to be able to afford. Having lots of LTBs means that you can grow your income much faster than just waiting for the long gaps in nightclub levels.

Then what happens when your night clubs reach level 10? You have to wait to buy 2 LTBs as any other buildings really won't add much, whereas if you'd been collecting as you went along you've have 10-20 LTBs to upgrade right away.

Ryno777
08-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Big Money may be harsh in this thread. . . but he's right.

kgod
08-26-2013, 04:58 PM

I look at them as motivation to keep trying to improve my IPH so one day I can buy them regularly like the elite players on here.

GucciMane
08-26-2013, 05:28 PM

No building will ever beat the NC in terms of income growth. pagoda and only pagoda even comes close. Theoretically a player not yet at ltbs will grow faster than guys saving for the next ltb because, well, ltbs are type B and most of us have a bunch of level 1s sitting in our hood.

you work around nc upgrades, not the other way around

From someone who can afford and will buy this next LtB, I agree with the oP but for different reasons. These type B buildings are getting boring, I'd much rather have a "gold equivalent" growth or "type A" or even a respect point building at a much lower output scale to liven this up. in the meantime it's just looking like steeper and steeper ltbs

GREE would also make more profit when more players are trying to get to level 10 upgrade for final prize (which requires gold to do)

Carloco
08-26-2013, 05:32 PM
New players can purchase the LTB. With mild saving and purchasing a few vaults you can have a LTB. You might have to do this a few times just to get your IPH up. There has to be some kind of advantage to the older players.

murf
08-26-2013, 05:44 PM

Wrong

If wiki is right:

NC -> L4 costs $186,298,519, IPH gain = 116,667/hr, upgrade time = 82:56
2 new LTB costs $184,153,848, IPH gain = 115,384/hr, build time = 48:00

And you get a 518 / 344 weapon with the LTBs and you could be upgrading something while building....

GQNammmer
08-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Also murf, not many players collect 100% of the building output. You would either need to

1) sleep less than 6 hours a night
2) wake up in the middle of the night to collect

If you are not either doing either one of the 2, then your collection goes down to 3/4 per day which reduces the iph on ncs significantly.
And thats not all either. If you are targetted on a consistant basis, theres a good chance your first collection of the day for your nc will be robbed.

If you like getting getting un interrupted 6+ hours of sleep per night, and have below exceptional defence, then expect your nc output to be 60% of its raw iph gain

murf
08-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Also murf, not many players collect 100% of the building output. You would either need to

If you are not either doing either one of the 2, then your collection goes down to 3/4 per day which reduces the iph on ncs significantly.
And thats not all either. If you are targetted on a consistant basis, theres a good chance your first collection of the day for your nc will be robbed.

If you like getting getting un interrupted 6+ hours of sleep per night, and have below exceptional defence, then expect your nc output to be 60% of its raw iph gain

Agreed 100% and this new building with 26hr output allows you to collect 8 days in a row and robbed on the 10th...so every 10 days you collect 8.4 vs 9.2 max collections which is 91% efficiency

Bariel
08-26-2013, 06:57 PM

Agreed, hadn't thought about that, never do manage to get all 4 collections of my NC in

ShawnBB
08-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Wrong

If wiki is right:

NC -> L4 costs $186,298,519, IPH gain = 116,667/hr, upgrade time = 82:56
2 new LTB costs $184,153,848, IPH gain = 115,384/hr, build time = 48:00

And you get a 518 / 344 weapon with the LTBs and you could be upgrading something while building....

That's what I'm thinking about :P. <3 murf
the last ltb is already a super gold equivalent building, and this one is even better. With such a huge cost, its ROI still hold around 1500, but IpH raised quite a bit. The IpH/ROI ratio(which stands for building quality) is higher than any other LTB.

With this trend going, My lvl7 Nightclubs will not be worth to upgrade... need to take NOInterestSaving and this coming LTB to lvl5 first,they are just too good.

PawnXIIX
08-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Considering how high the payout is, this is a pretty nicely priced building. The nightclub cost $40 million for a 29.1k IPH (not tycoon). This building is 57.7k IPH and is not extravagantly priced. The building is twice the income per hour at not even an extra 15% overall cost. (2 * $40,000,000) / $92,000,000 = .87

Considering how cheap many of the upgrades are going to cost now that a lot of us have that 30% reduction from the coupe, and you have a recipe for a high payout building that people are going to want to level as fast as possible. This is the highest paying IPH building at each level until it reaches level 6 when it is finally surpassed by a single type A building - the nightclub.

My money cannot exit my bank account fast enough :)

eNtroX
08-27-2013, 12:22 AM
IMHO these LTB are too expensive, should be cheaper! not everyone has 90 mio ad hoc!

Mack The Knife
08-27-2013, 12:50 AM
IMHO these LTB are too expensive, should be cheaper! not everyone has 90 mio ad hoc!

That's what the OP said..then everyone spent 4 pages explaining why that isn't the case. If you don't have 90 mil, then you can't buy the building. you're not entitled to every available building. get over it.

reras
08-27-2013, 01:05 AM
i have to agree with the creator of this topic...

Mack The Knife
08-27-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't understand the logic used. people are substituting "Should" when they really mean "Want". I can completely understand 'wanting' a cheaper ltb....but that doesn't mean that there should be one. I 'want' one too... if only because high pay out buildings with funky pay out cycles means Im robbing a good 10-15 million more per day than I was before. but that's what I 'want'. I also 'want' the LTQ to have better xp/stat ratios. but want and should are not synonyms.

Stooboot
08-27-2013, 01:12 AM

it was also the first 1 they did. You will never see another 1 that cheap or another type a. Gree is prob still pissed they put that 1 out

Fatherllama
08-27-2013, 02:43 AM
it was also the first 1 they did. You will never see another 1 that cheap or another type a. Gree is prob still pissed they put that 1 out

I think they made the Pagoda as easy and rewarding as it was to get people into the swing of LTBs. Nothing to be pissed about.

Haien
08-27-2013, 02:56 AM
I think they made the Pagoda as easy and rewarding as it was to get people into the swing of LTBs. Nothing to be pissed about.

Or give players a chance to increase their IPH for future LTBs.

CCK-buttsy
08-27-2013, 06:31 AM
another dumb thread, like the "way to change battle leaderboards" thread you posted. lol :P

chemicalopie
08-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Anyone know when this new ltb will be available to build? I thought I read it becomes unlocked when you complete a ltq to a certain level?

CCK-buttsy
08-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Anyone know when this new ltb will be available to build? I thought I read it becomes unlocked when you complete a ltq to a certain level?nope, all LTB are available to build at level 20.

Curtis Snow
08-27-2013, 01:57 PM
another dumb thread, like the "way to change battle leaderboards" thread you posted. lol :P

Its not a stupid thread, this game takes time and a lot of it to build up your stats and iph without the use of money. The steady increase in price of these ltbs means relatively new players like myself who have been playing only for a few months and new players, will more than likely never see an ltb in our hood I luckily caught a break and hit a 100m scratcher a week ago and instantly bought a second nc and upgraded my first aand was only bout 10m shy of upfrading my second to lvl 2, yeah I coulda bought the no interest savings building but at my level im more focused on getting my iph up quickly so I can buy more ltbs in the longterm.

Mack The Knife
08-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Firstly I don't think LTB's are necessarily targeted at new players.
Secondly even with the average cost of an LTB increasing a player who's focused on building their IPH will be able to afford them at some point.

I struggled to buy the Pagoda...took me two weeks to save up for it. The Toy Box was a bit easier despite the fact it cost twice as much. I had to sit out the Still and Transtech building to focus on NCs. I managed to get my ISB up to level 4 before the event ended and I now have more than enough tucked away for several levels of the Jewelry store.

There are so many advice threads dedicated to helping people quickly and efficiently raise their IPH provided that's what there focus is. There's no reason to make the LTB's overly accessible.

Chica
08-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Thing is these ltb are good iph boosts and they usually alternate for expensive ones and cheap ones every so often. One after this will prob be 40m range.

Gingeasian
08-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Its not a stupid thread, this game takes time and a lot of it to build up your stats and iph without the use of money. The steady increase in price of these ltbs means relatively new players like myself who have been playing only for a few months and new players, will more than likely never see an ltb in our hood I luckily caught a break and hit a 100m scratcher a week ago and instantly bought a second nc and upgraded my first aand was only bout 10m shy of upfrading my second to lvl 2, yeah I coulda bought the no interest savings building but at my level im more focused on getting my iph up quickly so I can buy more ltbs in the longterm.
I lost my main account and had to start over in the middle of the toy box event. I have 1 still and 1 NIS and an iph of almost 500K so its not impossible for a relatively new player to get these it just takes some work. As I said before one of the best ways to increase your income quickly is to rob for you cash. If it wasn't for some nice robberies i would have never gotten my NC as early as i did and wouldn't have any ltbs or be thinking of them anytime soon.

Chica
08-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Robbing can be some a pain unless at night when the world is snoring.

And I want limited defensive buildings!

Gingeasian
08-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Not really just find 4 or 5 nice targets remember them and check them out every now and then. Your bound to get something nice eventually

Chica
08-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Not really just find 4 or 5 nice targets remember them and check them out every now and then. Your bound to get something nice eventually

Yea I think my best rob so far thought was 20 million from 2 office buildings.

noamlin
08-27-2013, 03:24 PM
i'm a level 100 with IPH of 57,000. and i progressed as fast as u can. and robbed great people (sometimes i robbed people for 2m) and still - those LTBs look like a month or two away from me!

Timmaaay
08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Your problem is your sorry IPH (no disrespect meant). my low level account is level 29 with an IPH around 47K. At your level, you are FAR behind the curve IPH wise. Which is why it would take an eternity to save for an LTB. Need to work on that....

i'm a level 100 with IPH of 57,000. and i progressed as fast as u can. and robbed great people (sometimes i robbed people for 2m) and still - those LTBs look like a month or two away from me!

ShawnBB
08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
I found a guy by accident with 2 lvl9 nightclubs when my noob account was lvl25. There gotta be lot of cash cows out there, premium robbery do take a lot of time.

Good luck new accounts, LTBs need a huge amount of effort to get, no pain no gain. Stop dreaming about free lunch.

Mack The Knife
08-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Questions...is the new LTB likely to make an appearance this event?

If not I'd like to squeeze in an NC upgrade

Chica
08-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Who knows free is prob working on fixing issues before they launch it I was wondering the same thing. I need a tiny more before upgrade though.

Alice
08-27-2013, 11:16 PM
where did all these data come from...? still no new LB in store yet

Chica
08-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Probably was either included inside a dataset from a while ago or beta.

noamlin
08-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Your problem is your sorry IPH (no disrespect meant). my low level account is level 29 with an IPH around 47K. At your level, you are FAR behind the curve IPH wise. Which is why it would take an eternity to save for an LTB. Need to work on that....
i dunno what to say.
normal building is taking 12-24 hours to be built.
upgrading a building to levels 2-4 takes between 20-60 hours.
let's say i have crematorium, BI, brownstone, UC, BN, DR, MP, WC and ice-cream-shop. 2 of each building.
and i upgraded most of them to levels 2-5.
there are 18 buildings that require at least one month to build and upgrade...
and let's not forget i need the money to build them which is like 20 million (most of them return their price after more than a month).
now how long does it take to get 20 million (and i have to expand my hood)?
i'm playing 2-3 months and growing one level a day by average... started with laundromats and crappy things...
so how did u get 47,000 IPH at level 29?!

Chica
08-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Robbing people helps a lot. If I hunt for a while I can generally can get at least a days worth of money.
You need to rush to your first night club.

kidpresentable
08-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Still not available on Android...

I don't mind the price of these buildings, I've managed to get two of each, but I rarely end up upgrading them. I'm always saving for the next building instead!

DavidtheBoo
08-28-2013, 02:17 AM
My second account has 45k iph at level 37 but will increase soon, it's just a matter of patience and money.

domw001
08-28-2013, 02:33 AM
It is all about patience

I have a Level 9 acct on 58K IPH.

I login a few times a day, collect and upgrade when needed.

I have seen L9 players with NCs.

I have 300 Mafia, in 21 days I will have 40Mil, within 30 days I should have 1 NC.

Fatherllama
08-28-2013, 02:47 AM
i dunno what to say.
let's say i have crematorium, BI, brownstone, UC, BN, DR, MP, WC and ice-cream-shop. 2 of each building.
and let's not forget i need the money to build them which is like 20 million (most of them return their price after more than a month).
i'm playing 2-3 months and growing one level a day by average... started with laundromats and crappy things...

Well, there's really no reason for you to be leveling, especially at that rate. Slow your roll, homie. What you want to do is build Movie Theaters and Lofts to get you started. Take Lofts to at least level 4, Movie Theaters to at least five, but probably six. Those have a much higher rate of growth than the standard buildings you obtain by leveling. Just focus your money into them for a month or two and they'll pay massive dividends. Once you're up above 100k IPH, you can start looking at saving for a Nightclub. (Once you build said Nightclub, level it to 2 before you build a second.)

Kepheus2nd
08-28-2013, 04:05 AM

There's your problem :-) If you want to increase your IPH, you need patience and some planning on when to upgrade what. There's plenty of info on that out there.

My mini got one Still and my first NC at lvl 20, now 178k IPH. If I'm bored, I upgrade a minor building while saving for the NC upgrade to lvl 2. My main account has two of each LTB just bc I like to have them even if one will stay on lvl 1 for eternity. It's up to you how you play the game.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 08:25 AM
My level 23 makes 2.6mil an hour. It took about 18 months to get there. It can be done.

CCK-buttsy
08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
This is getting ridiculous, ever increasing prices on ltbs is not a good way to entice new players or relatively new players like myself to keep playing. I started right after the pagoda was on the market for 15m now its more worthwhile to upgrade a nc to lvl 4. Ive always wanted an ltb but 92m for a building thats income is only 57k iph is not wortg it when you can buy a lvl 2 nightclub for cheaper with twice the iph. 40-75m should be the range they stay in.92 million is nothing. learn how to build IPH.

SC4R
08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
My level 23 makes 2.6mil an hour. It took about 18 months to get there. It can be done.

Wow, that takes lots of patience

murf
08-28-2013, 08:54 AM

from the wiki

<3 Hz
08-28-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't like the super long/odd collection times on these buildings.

I really want to see a high output 5 minute building, like an Uber Laundromat!

Timmaaay
08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
You are doing too many jobs, ltq's etc. Its not the most exciting way to play the game but its my second account so I dont really care. I've been level 29 since the last boss event about a month ago. Just dont do anything except collect and upgrade. Thats it....

i dunno what to say.

Muj
08-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Wow.. that's some amazing patience you got..

My2cents
08-28-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't like the super long/odd collection times on these buildings.

I really want to see a high output 5 minute building, like an Uber Laundromat!

I wouldn't mind that, but it'd have to be about $100k every5 minutes on the level 10 for it to be considered.

Max Power
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Wow.. that's some amazing patience you got..

It helps to have a higher level CC account, 2 KA accounts, 2 MW accounts and a couple Monster Quest thrown in for good measure.

bald zeemer
08-29-2013, 06:12 AM

Sweet jesus, I hope they never do a defensive LTB. Why on earth would you want that?

Floyd The Barber
08-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Where's the fun in camping?

While I am not a big fan of LTQ's, I still do enough of them to get some toys. They do grow tons of XP to gain decent toys and a really cool toy at the end (if you can prep well enough or have a bunch of gold to spend).

The case events are cool if you have the patience to watch the clock. No real XP issues there, so naturally it a favorite of the campers.

The boss events are an easy low XP way for a camper to get better stats, but again you're watching the clock to hit your 26 minutes.

The syndicate events are pretty cool, active, cheap, low XP (if you have friends).

The LTB, seem to be perfect for the big dogs to get toys and spend the billions that they have laying around. Especially since there does not appear to be a better way to spend cash.

But at the end of the day, how well are you really going to get ahead of the top level players by camping? They are growing fast in top syndicates with great prizes from battles and syn events. They are getting LTB toys, boss toys, and the others that camper are scrimping and saving to get. I hear from the guys and gals at level 250 that they can go after everything without having to worry about XP. So why bother camping? It doesn't sound like fun and it doesn't really sound like it will get you ahead any time soon.

Can someone give a real answer to this question?

Thanks for the sincere replies.

SomeIdiot
08-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Can someone post the wiki link of this particular building?

Please

And many thanks

Happy gaming to all

Chica
08-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Sweet jesus, I hope they never do a defensive LTB. Why on earth would you want that?

More items. Defensive ones obviously.

Max Power
08-29-2013, 02:19 PM
But at the end of the day, how well are you really going to get ahead of the top level players by camping? They are growing fast in top syndicates with great prizes from battles and syn events. They are getting LTB toys, boss toys, and the others that camper are scrimping and saving to get. I hear from the guys and gals at level 250 that they can go after everything without having to worry about XP. So why bother camping? It doesn't sound like fun and it doesn't really sound like it will get you ahead any time soon.

Can someone give a real answer to this question?

Thanks for the sincere replies.

And the end of the day, the only way to keep up, not even get ahead, but to keep up with the big hitters, is spend a metric sh*t ton of money. You will never get ahead of them by camping, but unless you are spending, you will never get ahead of them not camping either.

Camping is a style of playing that makes it interesting for people who don't spend real money on this game. Also, I think you will find that a great percentage of the campers are doing it as 2nd accounts, and it offers a contrast to their HLP accounts. It's just a different way to find fun out of this game.

Electrify
08-29-2013, 07:22 PM

I agree with you

Raaver
08-31-2013, 01:04 AM
Ugh, thought i'd get rid of the 20hr building (that 78mil thing) and i sold it. Got 27mil in return. I thought you'd get 50%...?
I still can't buy the jewelry... Dammit

R

BigMoney
08-31-2013, 01:34 AM
More items. Defensive ones obviously.

Defensive items are boring, they discourage people from robbing and attacking each other. A lot more robs/attacks/retaliations happen when players have strong attacks and weak defenses.

Ugh, thought i'd get rid of the 20hr building (that 78mil thing) and i sold it. Got 27mil in return. I thought you'd get 50%...?
I still can't buy the jewelry... Dammit

R

Well that certainly was a terrible idea, selling a building with such a huge payout. Why would you do that? When the No Interest Savings building is robbed, it pays out roughly the same amount as a Transtech. Not only that, but the upgrade costs are almost identical as well. Literally, robbed NIS (20hr) = unrobbed Transtech (24hr). You could collect your NIS as if it were a 24-hour building, and worst case scenario is that it gets robbed every single day and is just as good as a Transtech. The only conceivable reason to sell your NIS building is that you don't want to see red on your newsfeed. That's the only reason I can think of.

If I were you, I'd pretend it was an accident and see if GREE would undo your "mistake."

bald zeemer
08-31-2013, 01:34 AM
1. The payout for selling buildings is 50% of the last upgrade made on that building.
2. Selling any LTB for cash is flat-out insane. Selling a bank for cash is so insane that the sheer density of the insanity is liable to bend the space-time continuum. One can only hope that this bending allows you to return to a time in which you can buy the bank.

BigMoney
08-31-2013, 01:44 AM
1. The payout for selling buildings is 50% of the last upgrade made on that building.
2. Selling any LTB for cash is flat-out insane. Selling a bank for cash is so insane that the sheer density of the insanity is liable to bend the space-time continuum. One can only hope that this bending allows you to return to a time in which you can buy the bank.

I guess the main thing I don't like about these wonky collection cycles is that it has made me more hesitant to hit players strong enough to rob me. Normally I don't care, because they're not going to catch any of my 6/12/18/24/48-hour buildings even with a direct link to my hood, but both the 20-hr and 26-hr I have to give up at some point. If someone were to find my hood via the Rival List well then so be it, but usually people are trying to camp in my hood because I'm hammering them for one reason or another, and these players usually have absolutely **** hoods not worth trading robs with.

bald zeemer
08-31-2013, 02:09 AM
You're right on the cusp of the tank anyway, mate. You'll get robbed no matter what if you leave things out. I say reach for the stars and damn the consequences.
;)

Raaver
09-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Well, sounds like I decided by zero..it was robbed daily and got sick of it. Main reason was, my def isn't high enough do defend. Kind of done with that too. I still blame the11 lvls up when I reinstalled the game. Gree couldn't help me on this issue...
It now feels like I did something terribly wrong. :/

R

Ben Weston
09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
you sold a building because your sick of getting robbed? surely receiving 40% of something is better than 100% of nothing not to mention direct links back with possible robs?

my bank gets robbed once every week or so and then once robbed I leave it robbed until I go to sleep next, same with the stills. its not difficult.

Raaver
09-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I did the same thing, Ben. Worked swell, but liked the jewellery more. (Hiding is easier)

Got the jewelry instead now....
Feels beter this way. Lesson learnt though :)

R

MichelleEvelyncc
09-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I guess the main thing I don't like about these wonky collection cycles is that it has made me more hesitant to hit players strong enough to rob me. Normally I don't care, because they're not going to catch any of my 6/12/18/24/48-hour buildings even with a direct link to my hood, but both the 20-hr and 26-hr I have to give up at some point. If someone were to find my hood via the Rival List well then so be it, but usually people are trying to camp in my hood because I'm hammering them for one reason or another, and these players usually have absolutely **** hoods not worth trading robs with.

Can one camp in someones hood and rob them if collection comes up?

MattThomas08
09-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Can one camp in someones hood and rob them if collection comes up?

No, it has to be up when you first visit the hood. You have to keep leaving and returning to the hood if you suspect they've got a building coming up soon for some reason.

MichelleEvelyncc
09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
No, it has to be up when you first visit the hood. You have to keep leaving and returning to the hood if you suspect they've got a building coming up soon for some reason.

Shame, thought I was missing out and now realized I might have asked the same question some time ago. yeah...

When I do that do, my rivals list will refresh, so can't do it except for people on my wall. Can't really camp. Need a mod for +1 favorite.

Curtis Snow
09-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Shame, thought I was missing out and now realized I might have asked the same question some time ago. yeah...

When I do that do, my rivals list will refresh, so can't do it except for people on my wall. Can't really camp. Need a mod for +1 favorite.

Here's a little trick to fix the refreshing, it only works once so pay attention. Once you find that rival in your list visit their hood and if nothing is ready to collect go back to your hood and click on your rivals list again if they are still on there leave your rival list up and just press the home button on your phone, come back "X" amount of time later and your rival list should still be up if for some reason CC didnt close or reload on you and the rival your looking to rob should still be on that list.

MichelleEvelyncc
09-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Here's a little trick to fix the refreshing, it only works once so pay attention. Once you find that rival in your list visit their hood and if nothing is ready to collect go back to your hood and click on your rivals list again if they are still on there leave your rival list up and just press the home button on your phone, come back "X" amount of time later and your rival list should still be up if for some reason CC didnt close or reload on you and the rival your looking to rob should still be on that list.

I almost do that, except I just leave cc and my rivals list open. No need for phone home pressing, that's some free attentionfor you.

Ben Weston
09-02-2013, 01:19 AM
that will only work on android as pressing the home button on iphones close the app