PDA

View Full Version : Camping is no longer a viable strategy

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 08:24 AM
With all the indestructible units available now doing PvP, and events it really makes no sense IMHO to camp long term. Granted I did enjoy the huge pile of cash I was able to obscond with just now!

Lancerdually
08-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Oh it will still work.....for a while....until factions learn the campers are costing them ranking then it'll start to falter before the fall.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Actually wasn't even considering them being in a faction. I don't think that many factions and no high level factions would want a camper because you are right they all need everyone fighting during battles since the points are far more important than cash.

Most high level factions have probably leveled all the boosts available now and they have enough strong players pumping in cash that the last thing they want is someone not making BPs.

Dan Cai
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
I agree camping is a waste of time I have seen 2 of my faction colleagues take in excess of 150 million off one player thanks dreno33 ;-)

Dan Cai
08-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Not only do campers get hunted and known for being cash cows, no one wants a camper in there faction. What is the point?

warrends
08-26-2013, 08:45 AM
There are many different ways to camp though. Some players do absolutely no events whatsoever and just build IPH and somewhat 'freeload' on their faction's wins (and some factions are fine with that). Others do a select few events. Others pick and choose very carefully which events are WORTH doing and for how long/to what level after the units and gains are posted here in the forums (that's me), while others do every event full-bore (not camping at all).

To make a blanket statement that "camping is no longer viable" is absolutely not true. All depends on how you want to play the game, different perspectives, your patience level (a friend of mine is level 5 with an IPH of well over $250K; that is the definition of patience and he will be a powerhouse someday --- he has done the same thing in KA for a long time and is a true powerhouse there at level 50 or so), your own level (I'm about to hit the next boss tier, so I am being VERY careful with my XP gains), and many other issues.

Camping is absolutely viable is done correctly. Of course, maybe it's not called 'camping' ...

jorge54
08-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I have some llp's that I don't want to put time into. So they are really camping. The only thing I do with them now is base building. If my HLP gets to a point where I can't play him anymore, then I will switch to one of my llps. Or I will use my llps to donate some cash to help my hlp. With this game, it is better to start 1 year ago than start 1 year from now.

Armand2REP
08-26-2013, 09:06 AM
GREE is handing out units like candy. wtf is the month long marathon? you should have to do more than log in to gain stats. Way to go putting the last nail in your coffin. I won't be playing anymore. App deleted!

jchow69
08-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Well, u can pick which events to do and not do. For my LLP at level 20, I only do boss events, a little bit of the pvp and WD. That's it.

SGT Rud
08-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree with Orange. Camping is no longer viable. You were not leveling at all for a gain in IPH or level up certain other buildings. However, as you sit in the pits, trying to get a high IPH, so is everyone else. once your IPH is where you want it to be, it is about worthless as higher ranked factions are not going to be needing money around that time except for walls. You IPH is no longer required. Even basic units gained at lower levels are worthless, as you come out of camping with your cash units, others in the higher levels of your rivals list will already have some indestructables from some sort of event, making you a huge target. Only way you can bring the camper out of hiding is use of gold. Which negates the reason he was camping in the first place.

These are the very reasons for my ideas on extending how many allies you can have. Push them to 750 allies, and make it where you can have 2000 indestructables, 500 cash, and 500 valor units. Then your giving someone a reason to care about their casulty rate, your giving them a reason to buy cash and valor units.

Factions dont need money anymore? Well, welcome the age of LE faction bonuses. Make them more expensive then regular faction bonuses. Now bringing your high IPH camper out may be desired by some top factions.

Evil Mastermind
08-26-2013, 09:12 AM
I agree long term camping isn't viable any longer. However, selective XP gain is still appropriate depending on your situation. . It made sense to put the tent away during the first few LTQs as they had lots of good units and boosts. Prizes in current LTQs are worthless if you can beat all 50 bosses. If they would implement boost units for final prizes in LTQs (as I have mentioned many times) it would be worthwhile. Unless you are in a top faction, FVF events are waste of time and unnecessary XP gain versus the crappy prizes in the bottom tiers.

The faction LTQs will likely cause a lot of friction in some factions. Some players not wanting to level up quickly will either be forced to participate or find a new faction.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 09:14 AM
There are many different ways to camp though. Some players do absolutely no events whatsoever and just build IPH and somewhat 'freeload' on their faction's wins (and some factions are fine with that). Others do a select few events. Others pick and choose very carefully which events are WORTH doing and for how long/to what level after the units and gains are posted here in the forums (that's me), while others do every event full-bore (not camping at all).

To make a blanket statement that "camping is no longer viable" is absolutely not true. All depends on how you want to play the game, different perspectives, your patience level (a friend of mine is level 5 with an IPH of well over $250K; that is the definition of patience and he will be a powerhouse someday --- he has done the same thing in KA for a long time and is a true powerhouse there at level 50 or so), your own level (I'm about to hit the next boss tier, so I am being VERY careful with my XP gains), and many other issues.

Camping is absolutely viable is done correctly. Of course, maybe it's not called 'camping' ...

True to a point, however the term originated over a year ago and at that time the game was very different then it is today. I'm thinking of the 'super' campers, the guys who have refused to level up and have amassed large sums of unprotected cash and high level cash buildings. The Super Cash Cows for lack of a better term.

There were no factions, no PvP and a limited number of case events. Now every week we have the chance to get high level units. While the campers especially those who are not levelling up miss out on these units but more importantly miss out on buying the stronger units only available once you are able to buy the higher level unit buildings.

So to a point if you don't park yourself then yes moving slowly is a viable option but that however is not what we called camping back when the term was originally coined.

An example would be building up an LLP to hunt these campers. With all the new high value units plus good valour units you can quickly build a low level high stat player that can go in and remove huge quantities of unprotected cash because the camper has not wanted to do PvP to get these units.

The flip side is that those hunters will eventually level past the camper but there are always more coming up through the ranks now.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I agree long term camping isn't viable any longer. However, selective XP gain is still appropriate depending on your situation. . It made sense to put the tent away during the first few LTQs as they had lots of good units and boosts. Prizes in current LTQs are worthless if you can beat all 50 bosses. If they would implement boost units for final prizes in LTQs (as I have mentioned many times) it would be worthwhile. Unless you are in a top faction, FVF events are waste of time and unnecessary XP gain versus the crappy prizes in the bottom tiers.

The faction LTQs will likely cause a lot of friction in some factions. Some players not wanting to level up quickly will either be forced to participate or find a new faction.

Good points, especially the point about LTQ units no longer having boosts.

Also noticed that there are some big gaps in the prize awards for these faction events. From top 1000 to top 250 is a big jump there should be 500 and probably 750. Might make the newer players feel like spending. Gree already seems to have the hard core players hooked.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree camping is a waste of time I have seen 2 of my faction colleagues take in excess of 150 million off one player thanks reno 3 ;-)

Indeed.....

jchow69
08-26-2013, 09:26 AM

The boss LTQ would be a great idea. I defeated Pran Kushal Sikand 40 times and if this can be a collective thing, I would get more great prizes.

Evil Mastermind
08-26-2013, 09:30 AM
The boss LTQ would be a great idea. I defeated Pran Kushal Sikand 40 times and if this can be a collective thing, I would get more great prizes.

Not so sure when ive heard tales of bosses having to be beaten 1200 times.

S&H Max
08-26-2013, 09:57 AM
1200 is just over 20 times per players, depending on those boss strength I think its doable!

jchow69
08-26-2013, 10:12 AM
1200 is just over 20 times per players, depending on those boss strength I think its doable!

No, like there were quests in KA that was like beat the boss 5, 10, 20, ... times collectively. When you finished the quest to beat boss 5 times, it resets to 0/10 on the quest to beat 10, so every1 has to beat the boss like 50 times to collectively finish the whole thing.

Giedrybe
08-26-2013, 10:14 AM
An example would be building up an LLP to hunt these campers. With all the new high value units plus good valour units you can quickly build a low level high stat player that can go in and remove huge quantities of unprotected cash because the camper has not wanted to do PvP to get these units.

AO, you are forgetting building LTQ. Which means that hardcore camper would be beaten only by heavy gold LLP which would level up like a rocket. That's first thing.
Second thing, many LTQs are opened with 40lvl. So hardcore camper can stay below it without problems - with hundreds of units from scratchers, logon 28 days, best cash units and units from building event.

Saying this, I don't believe that hardcore camping is fun or worth doing. But I do (as someone described) choose what amount of XP I get and then. We all know that in order to be good in one event, you must limit yourself in other events. You you will limit yourself automatically with not being able to go to the end. Everybody can choose whatever they believe it is best.

By the way, they took away scratchers now.

keeskiller
08-26-2013, 10:21 AM
well... growing factions still can have a camper or 3 in their faction. I also have 2, they are indeed cash cows and they put in very much money.. so if they lack on scoring BP's, we will be top 1000 without trouble and we are about rank 333, so when we aim for 250 they go either away or make BP's..

Ragmondino
08-26-2013, 10:26 AM
No, like there were quests in KA that was like beat the boss 5, 10, 20, ... times collectively. When you finished the quest to beat boss 5 times, it resets to 0/10 on the quest to beat 10, so every1 has to beat the boss like 50 times to collectively finish the whole thing.

No i play KA, to complete level 10/10 it's 600 wins, overall for the whole LTQ it's 1200 wins. It's definitely doable. It's 20 per person. I'm in a top 75 guild so not a massively powerful one, and we only have 46 members, but we will complete it.

Max Power
08-26-2013, 10:47 AM
With the prizes available from these quests, high income players don't really have an advantage anymore. It used to be saving up and getting strong was a viable strategy before heading up to higher levels, now with these quests, the way to get strong is too participate, not sit by the sidelines.

I still have a couple of camper accounts just in case the game changes, as it often does, but I don't see any real benefit to the strategy at this point.

Prvt. Parts
08-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Camping is useful up to level 40, when you can do the LTQs. At that point it's best to do any and every event.

UNLESS...you buy lots of gold units. (does anyone actually do this?) If you buy gold units you can basically be low level and have as high stats as your paycheck can support.

Meta Rage Trollbot
08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Camping is useful up to level 40, when you can do the LTQs. At that point it's best to do any and every event.

UNLESS...you buy lots of gold units. (does anyone actually do this?) If you buy gold units you can basically be low level and have as high stats as your paycheck can support.

I disagree a bit with this thread. Hard cord camping does make sense if you are below, say, level 50. This will allow a newbie to beat several easy epic boss events.

Levels 50-100: Now you can help with wars a bit. No LTQs, no War of Factions.

Level 100-150: This part is tricky. Only now should you consider LTQs, faction events.

Level 150+: Never camp again, you are in the whale zone. Do every event, spend all your money, lose to mega hackers.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
AO, you are forgetting building LTQ. Which means that hardcore camper would be beaten only by heavy gold LLP which would level up like a rocket. That's first thing.
Second thing, many LTQs are opened with 40lvl. So hardcore camper can stay below it without problems - with hundreds of units from scratchers, logon 28 days, best cash units and units from building event.

Saying this, I don't believe that hardcore camping is fun or worth doing. But I do (as someone described) choose what amount of XP I get and then. We all know that in order to be good in one event, you must limit yourself in other events. You you will limit yourself automatically with not being able to go to the end. Everybody can choose whatever they believe it is best.

I see your point with LTQ's but even my LLPs below that threshold can get enough strong units to take down campers below L40.

Scratchers were replaced by an indestructible unit a day. Granted if all players log in daily to collect these things then any advantage is neutralized. The whole thing makes for an interesting scenario as the impetus is on doing these things which force players to level up. By sitting them out I believe players give up tactical advantages which are needed later on.

Most important though is it seems that a lot of previous strategies need a second look.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I disagree a bit with this thread. Hard cord camping does make sense if you are below, say, level 50. This will allow a newbie to beat several easy epic boss events.

Levels 50-100: Now you can help with wars a bit. No LTQs, no War of Factions.

Level 100-150: This part is tricky. Only now should you consider LTQs, faction events.

Level 150+: Never camp again, you are in the whale zone. Do every event, spend all your money, lose to mega hackers.

Do you think that camping wastes too much time? Not sure if that is the exact way to put it but I guess I'm really applying this to the camper I hit this morning who has been playing for quite a while (over a year) but is still at a very low level and has a very weak army.

I guess the part that goes hand in hand with where I'm coming from is if you generate a massive economy you should be preparing for the day when you need to make a run for it. That's not what I'm encountering where it seems all of the economic gains are only funneled back into upgrading money buildings and nothing is spent on units or very little.

But not wanting to wake these cash cows up too much I think I'll leave it at that....

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 01:54 PM

You would get the biggest bang for the $$ in the early stages of the game IMHO but honestly unless your long range plan is to join a top ranked faction you better be prepared to keep spending.

Hard to say though what the new players in this game are doing but at least you have time to get sorted out unlike War of Nations which I gave up on the other day.

Gdy
08-26-2013, 01:58 PM
As a free player the biggest concern is Vault protection and increasing it requires a lot of time...hence the need to level slow at first. You can find players with money to loot at the lower levels but it will only be taken away from you unless you can protect it in the vault. There is no point to buy game money units because they are worthlessly weak and cannot be resold. Everything else requires time (land, buildings, upgrades) so the game favors camping to a degree.

Agent Orange
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
As a free player the biggest concern is Vault protection and increasing it requires a lot of time...hence the need to level slow at first. You can find players with money to loot at the lower levels but it will only be taken away from you unless you can protect it in the vault. There is no point to buy game money units because they are worthlessly weak and cannot be resold. Everything else requires time (land, buildings, upgrades) so the game favors camping to a degree.

My guess is the game favours spending silly amounts of real money.... Just a feeling......

Meta Rage Trollbot
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Do you think that camping wastes too much time?

I think I would get bored of the game if I were camping at this point. Of course, in December of 2011 camping was easy - no pressure to get BP, WD, War of Factions, etc. A non-camper faction would boot you now.

After level 150 you may as well just marry the game and move to a shack in Alaska. The war loot of the Top 25 is too strong and entrenched to sit around.

My take is that camping still makes sense if you are below level 100 and plan on playing a year from now: Unit inflation gives a huge advantage to campers, especially now that we have epic bosses (unlike when MW was launched).

Of course, for some of us the game is winding down.

Kefa
08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
I think I would get bored of the game if I were camping ...

Bingo... I've only been playing for almost 3 weeks, and I wouldn't bother if all I did was get my daily scratcher, harvest buildings and sit & wait days for expansions and upgrades to finish.

Maybe I've hurt myself for down the road, idk... you with more experience tell me, I'm just FNG and am honestly clueless... but I participated in OP Cobra Strike & was able to finish 20/21, Lotus Commando through 8/14, and Pran as many times as I could with my stats, which ended up being 11. Doing this leveled me up several levels, but also raised my stats to the point where I can actually succeed at attacking more than 1/20'th of the players in my rivals list - which 1/20th was the most I could do before the event(s).

Now that I've gone as far as I can in those events, I'm back to harvesting money and waiting for buildings, expansions and vault to upgrade. In the mean time, I've been attacking and raiding for battle points whenever my stamina regens.

Oh, I joined a faction and I donate all the cash that doesn't fit in the vault since I learned very quickly that any hoarded cash on hand outside the vault is just going to end up in someone else's base anyway.

~Clueless FNG, fo real, but still trying to have fun.

crazeejay
08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm camping now because I'm tired of feeding the Gree bank account and could really care less anymore lol

shaman01
08-26-2013, 07:39 PM

The flip side is that those hunters will eventually level past the camper but there are always more coming up through the ranks now.

that's not possible. you would have to spend a lot of gold to exceed their stat with your newly made account. even then you make a few hits on them and you would have levelled past them. not to mention low level players drop very little cash per hit. you would have made all that effort only to do negligible damage

shaman01
08-26-2013, 07:43 PM
theres big opportunity cost in participating events. you gain a lot of xp and you drive yourself to a higher level bracket with stronger rivals. if you plan to level by only doing the upgrade building quest during wd event, you will be very strong at low level. stat gain as ratio of xp gain is very high with those quests. so they are very good to do. if you only level by those quests you will have highest stat per level and no one in your bracket can beat you

Hak
08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm level ~50 with stats of ~82/95 and have been mostly a camper. I generally only participate in Boss events, LE building upgrading, and most recently, finally participated in a WD. I think it has been extremely helpful being a camper up to this point as I now have an IPH of 1.3m and I can really participate in the LE building upgrade events now usually netting around 1500-2500 A/D stat increases. Most boss events, I intentionally quit at about level 25 because of the XP gain but next one will be my last in Tier 2 so will go as far as I can, but generally get around 4-5k stat increase per Boss event. Right now, I have a 50+m vault, I am arguably able to beat 95+% of the people in my bracket and those that can beat me, generally get very little as I have a large vault (lost a grand total of less than 10m throughout my entire time in MW through attacks and raids).

I camped almost exclusively except for boss events and what LE buildings I could buy until around level 40 when I was at about 30/35k stats and IPH of around 800k. I've done a few of the other events since but I more than doubled my stats in 10 levels and my goal is to be >150k stats by level 60. I could not do this without spending money unless I had camped and built up a strong base IPH that allows me to expand my base, expand my vault, participate in LE building upgrades and help my faction purchase more bonuses.

I'm sure at some point, I'll encounter much more powerful rivals but I think unless you spend money, you have to do a certain amount of camping to be competitive.

So, is my game more boring than others, possibly. Do I wake up and see a lot of red on my newsfeed, almost never ;-)

Joshsnewsn
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm camping on a secondary account and I'm only level 8 with 9k attack and 10k defense, in a top 750 faction, $25 max protect going to $30M and IPH is $168k. There are still advantages to camping, if you're patient and pick your events you can still gain attack/defense while working on your iph, expansions, vault, etc....

out of names
08-26-2013, 08:55 PM
True, camping is no longer valiable, im a lvl 73, but gnna be doing all ltq's from now on because the boss events barley gives 5k-7k stats if u cant get to 50 if u do the ltq's u can get up to 20k att and def and wgen i hit ppl 100+ lvls abovee i barley get over 300 pointz

emcee
08-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Hardcore camping is only viable if you have a high enough iph to progress up the LE upgrades chain level 7 and up IMO. This can counteract the LTQ units that you forego by not participating in those events. Of course it would also mean being in a relatively competitive faction as well. LE level 9 and 10 upgrade is virtually impossible for most campers and will not make much headway in the continuing stats inflation saga against someone say in a top 100 or better faction that participates in every event.

Agent Orange
08-27-2013, 05:55 AM
that's not possible. you would have to spend a lot of gold to exceed their stat with your newly made account. even then you make a few hits on them and you would have levelled past them. not to mention low level players drop very little cash per hit. you would have made all that effort only to do negligible damage

Totally possible, I used a 4 month old LLP to take 50 million from one of this forums most prolific campers. And without spending real cash on gold, granted there was the free gold Gree gave out when we had lots of issues with the game but I built a Composite factory with it.

Cash drops were 210,000 per hit while some money buildings were dropping 7+ million per hit.

Agent Orange
08-27-2013, 06:00 AM
theres big opportunity cost in participating events. you gain a lot of xp and you drive yourself to a higher level bracket with stronger rivals. if you plan to level by only doing the upgrade building quest during wd event, you will be very strong at low level. stat gain as ratio of xp gain is very high with those quests. so they are very good to do. if you only level by those quests you will have highest stat per level and no one in your bracket can beat you

You will have high IPH but depending on where you dropped anchor you could wind up making a big mistake because you are not at a level that allows you to buy the next teir of unit buildings. Then you doubly snooker yourself if you don 't buy the most powerful units you can with all that cash.

The other thing is the units you can buy with cash are not that great compared to what you can get in indies. And those lessthen very low casualty rates are going to get wiped out in battle.

SGT Rud
08-27-2013, 06:33 AM
The basic thing I see is that if you are there camping to raise your IPH, under a level where LEs are in play, you are hurting nobody but yourself. Yes, as you level slowly coming out of camper mode, you may be able to beat some rivals. However the ones who have been doing the LTQs and LE units, are going to be stronger. Money at this point in the game is not useful other than buying the units required for LTQ, and to run LEs. Factions are closing on maxed out bonuses, and are not going to require high IPH. Cash units are worthless as indestructable and valor hold much more weight. Unless you pump some $$$ into your camper, he isnt going to be worth a $*#*$& to anyone. You have already missed out on +2, +1 energy regen, multiple health regens, the campers without these are at a huge disadvantage.

To make camping in the early stages a viable option again, you need to make money worth something again. Not just in the billions, but at the early levels.

Thief
08-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Okay i thought i would join in here and contribute since i've Camped in the past and i currently Avoid XP where i can.

First i'll say i cant really imagine starting a new account at this point. While the Massive Unit inflation actually does help newer players get in the game its the bonuses that make it hard to imagine. With that being said i think AO made a good comment that "Camping" by its defenition originally was to not do anything but collect your money buildings and upgrade them. (That was it) Now by that defenition i have to agree. Its not a Viable Option.

However for someone that has been playing for 6+ months that can play smart they can still enjoy the perks of camping while be superior to anyone but gold players. Now i'll assume these players have been focusing on getting the LE buildings (when they are available), The boss events and WD events (even a "camper" should be able to find a home somewhere in a top 500-750? faction if they are very active and have been playing long enough. Committ all of your hits into the wall/PA where you won't gain any XP but can help a lower tiered faction increase in ranks with your activity) Now i will alos assume they are willing to alter their strategy where they can to get small amoun of XP for big returns. I think it would be a perfectly Viable Strategy...it just depends on what you want to do in this game.

Truth be told 99.9% of players are never going to compete with the "Ferr's" and "Riddlers" of the game. Therefore you have to just play your own game for what you enjoy out of it. You can dominate the lower levels for probably 2 years slowly gaining XP getting good rewards and having fun (if that lvl of gameplay is fun to you)

As a former Camper i can tell you i'm happy with the choices i made. I've been playing the game since the end of December 2011 (well didn't really play until January 2012) I started off plowing ahead and hit lvl 40 in days before realizing i was doing something wrong. so i stopped. Changed my Strategy and built up a 1 million IPH before the start of factions where i was only lvl 66. Today i'm lvl 127 and 75% of my XP gained is from WD events. Even this i would have probably would have adjusted and stayed top 25 knowing what i now know and been a lower level with slightly lower stats. (Top 10 the cost and XP is significantly higher) Now the Caveaot is when i hit lvl 151 all bets are off. That is when i will be in the shark tank and i'll be much weaker than my opponents. Players who have been 151+ and doing all of the events will be significantly stronger than me....but then again thats just part of the game.

Max Power
08-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Do you think that camping wastes too much time? Not sure if that is the exact way to put it but I guess I'm really applying this to the camper I hit this morning who has been playing for quite a while (over a year) but is still at a very low level and has a very weak army.

I guess the part that goes hand in hand with where I'm coming from is if you generate a massive economy you should be preparing for the day when you need to make a run for it. That's not what I'm encountering where it seems all of the economic gains are only funneled back into upgrading money buildings and nothing is spent on units or very little.

But not wanting to wake these cash cows up too much I think I'll leave it at that....

My last true camper account is a CC account, over a year and a half old. I have a ton of money and nothing weapon wise to spend it on, so it is tough to build stronger stats than I have. Fortunately, the only people stronger are gold spenders, and they level up pretty quickly. We campers tend to leave each other alone. None of us want to level up and the money we could get would be a drop in the bucket compared to our existing income.

I was level 15 for ages and then joined a camper syndicate that would actually war a bit, and that leveled me up to 23, where I could buy LTBs. I am fine with that for now. Don't get bored with it because I am playing so many other games. No longer in that syndicate because I no longer want to level up.

There is a high level version of free players who camp at higher levels. They camp by dropping mob members to get out of the deep water. That mostly works, but occasionally people who are weak will drop done and attack you night and day, kinda missing the point of it all. Unfortunately, you can't get them to go away by leveling up, or dropping even more mob.

S&H Max
08-27-2013, 08:58 AM
That is when i will be in the shark tank and i'll be much weaker than my opponents. Players who have been 151+ and doing all of the events will be significantly stronger than me....but then again thats just part of the game.

Thief by than they will all be over level 200 so you migth have a break for a few level, I know your stats and I would belive that until people of level 200 rigth now see you your 98% of the time OK!

Still I'm kind of jealous, I know your stats and mine are close but level is real far away!

jchow69
08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Thief by than they will all be over level 200 so you migth have a break for a few level, I know your stats and I would belive that until people of level 200 rigth now see you your 98% of the time OK!

Still I'm kind of jealous, I know your stats and mine are close but level is real far away!

And my stats are too low to be even considered by any1! lol

Thief
08-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Unfortunately i know lvl 250 players who have the ability to see all the way down to lvl 151. (how or why i don't know) you would think that they would make it more tiered...and who knows perhaps they will?)

Also i know my stats are pretty good for my lvl (only a handful can beat me) but the thing is you have no reason to hold back. Participate in every event and you will be stronger than me in no time. Hence the delima of camping. I stay strong for my lvl....but once i leave this bracket i'll be weak.

Kefa
08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Reading this thread as a FNG has probably given me more valuable insight than any other threads so far... thanks everyone for your viewpoints!

Big Baby Jesus
08-27-2013, 02:05 PM
I like camping.

Socks
08-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Camping is no longer a viable strategy only if you don't know what you're doing. We have campers in our faction that just wreck the competition because people think they're an easy target- and they aren't.

Biensoi
08-28-2013, 12:17 AM
You are a mini monster BBJ :o

I like camping.

Tito89
08-28-2013, 12:33 AM

ive never camped, ive always gone out and tried in nearly all events, even the really nasty pve ltqs where 13/24 gave me an amazing 200/160 unit (not tru, but u get the idea). my times up in top 50 factions like tdf and others alike have contributed greatly, if i hadnt have gone up there id probably have missed out on nearly 30k in stats, making me still strong for my level.

So...
currently im lv 82
195714/227469

losing 30k (and bonuses, all just a guestimate)
155000/180000
iph 299k

Good, or not?

Marcusfiahie
08-28-2013, 05:44 AM

This is very close to right answer. Camping is a strategy used to boost some part of your game that you are week in. Economy, boost buildings, better units, keeping your your Level strength down. Now with so many players spending hard earn cash on the game, the only way for a lip to be competitive is to call,p and build a solid base. Saying that there are lost of factions out there that will take on a llp to PA and Wall Attack. Which if your a camper this is the correct strategy! Get in and do your work there, no exp gained and if you are active durning the war your faction will love you. Plus in a few months your base will be super strong pumping out into your VAULT a nice IPH and your strength per level will be 2-4 times better than what's around you. I have this strategy written down an in the works of a app for noons to help then navigate the shark invested water we call modern War! Happy gaming!

hoho
08-28-2013, 06:06 AM
it is the interesting part of the game... people have different flavors and create different account ''character''. they are part of the mw world.

i would say need a mix of characters in a faction to make it fun and cash cow campers is one of them - can help in faction bonus donation ''consistently''.

mistergreen
08-28-2013, 07:20 AM
All the indestructible units in the world won't improve your IPH. That comes with time. That's really the only benefit to camping anymore.

Valid or
08-28-2013, 08:45 AM
For me camping is still a viable idea..but then I do have a goal, iph and unit buildings up, so I can afford to buy good units while still low level, then find a faction to join. I am guessing lower level players score more points in wars than higher level.(same as in KA) so the lower the level and higher a/d I have the better off I am.

mistergreen
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM
True. I was a camper before factions came along. Now I'm level 90 300K/300K. I'm scoring great WD points.

Kefa
08-28-2013, 12:53 PM
... I have this strategy written down an in the works of a app for noons to help then navigate the shark invested water we call modern War! Happy gaming!

I would very much love to see that!

Agent Orange
08-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately i know lvl 250 players who have the ability to see all the way down to lvl 151. (how or why i don't know) you would think that they would make it more tiered...and who knows perhaps they will?)

Also i know my stats are pretty good for my lvl (only a handful can beat me) but the thing is you have no reason to hold back. Participate in every event and you will be stronger than me in no time. Hence the delima of camping. I stay strong for my lvl....but once i leave this bracket i'll be weak.

Wonder if they drop allies to pull that off? I'm at L141 and can see down to L199 with full 500 allies. The whale zone cutoff at least for 500 allies seems to change as more players flood into the higher levels.

Makes me suspect that eventually we will see more levels added and more carrots dangled to entice players to make a run for it like we did when levels in creased to 250 and a high stat LE unit was given out to those hitting that level by a certain deadline.

Agent Orange
08-29-2013, 07:19 AM
My last true camper account is a CC account, over a year and a half old. I have a ton of money and nothing weapon wise to spend it on, so it is tough to build stronger stats than I have. Fortunately, the only people stronger are gold spenders, and they level up pretty quickly. We campers tend to leave each other alone. None of us want to level up and the money we could get would be a drop in the bucket compared to our existing income.

I was level 15 for ages and then joined a camper syndicate that would actually war a bit, and that leveled me up to 23, where I could buy LTBs. I am fine with that for now. Don't get bored with it because I am playing so many other games. No longer in that syndicate because I no longer want to level up.

There is a high level version of free players who camp at higher levels. They camp by dropping mob members to get out of the deep water. That mostly works, but occasionally people who are weak will drop done and attack you night and day, kinda missing the point of it all. Unfortunately, you can't get them to go away by leveling up, or dropping even more mob.

Thanks for the reply, that is the catch 22 that I am seeing in MW depending on where you camp. I have LLPs spread throughout the levels which at least for a 'free' player makes things interesting since I apply what I've learned along the way to avoid making those mistakes again.

Agent Orange
08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
This is very close to right answer. Camping is a strategy used to boost some part of your game that you are week in. Economy, boost buildings, better units, keeping your your Level strength down. Now with so many players spending hard earn cash on the game, the only way for a lip to be competitive is to call,p and build a solid base. Saying that there are lost of factions out there that will take on a llp to PA and Wall Attack. Which if your a camper this is the correct strategy! Get in and do your work there, no exp gained and if you are active durning the war your faction will love you. Plus in a few months your base will be super strong pumping out into your VAULT a nice IPH and your strength per level will be 2-4 times better than what's around you. I have this strategy written down an in the works of a app for noons to help then navigate the shark invested water we call modern War! Happy gaming!

True, your gains will be minimal if only hitting a wall but I don't think any high level factions would want you unless you were a member of that faction with a HLP in it. Maybe not but it seems as time goes on in order to stay in the top spots to get the best prizes all faction members need to out there scoring WD points so non fighters are going to impact the bottom line.

Another observation, since you are most likely buying destructible units if you are in a faction in battle and become the target de jour you are going to take horrific losses so whatever gains you might make could potentially get erased through the loss of your cash units. Granted some might use this as a strategy to cull out useless units but then you might become a liability to your faction if you are coughing up lots of WD points.

There is still a lot of mystery surrounding how factions get paired and I suppose have some weak members in lower ranked factions could drop your average and get you easier targets. Granted I've also heard the opposite happening where increasing your body count bumps you into a higher teir....

S&H Max
08-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Wonder if they drop allies to pull that off? I'm at L141 and can see down to L199 with full 500 allies. The whale zone cutoff at least for 500 allies seems to change as more players flood into the higher levels.

Makes me suspect that eventually we will see more levels added and more carrots dangled to entice players to make a run for it like we did when levels in creased to 250 and a high stat LE unit was given out to those hitting that level by a certain deadline.

I'm level 183 and I only see from 160 to 198 at 500 aliies, same thing at 498 allies I dont know how people can see more (Droid)

Also i've heard from faction member under lvl 130 that he saw once some lvl 250 thats quite strange!

I fyou give me the choice I would say lvl 100 to 250 can bring the same number of units so lets get this party started and open rival list after 100

SGT Rud
08-29-2013, 08:34 AM
I just made a camper 2 days ago. Hopefully it goes well.

13Stalker
08-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Agreed. Camping was great about a year and a half ago when the only way to get an indestructible unit was to buy it with gold or get it out of a crate, but now if you sit back and don't participate in the events you will get left behind. Gotta battle... Besides this isn't smurf village...

crazeejay
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Our group is camping. We're doing most of the events except the actual wars. Still building up our stats nicely. We're just not feeding the Gree bank account like everyone else is..lol

King Dante!
08-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Hardcore camping is obsolete.. but dynamic camping is still very much effective. Participating in only the events that offer the highest stat/xp ratio (ie collect 10, boss, LE buildings) and camping during the ones that offer the lowest (LTQ's, PvP events, etc).

Camping has been pretty effective for me. Level 70, nearly 300k stats, 3m IPH, all the LE buildings...*shrugs*

DFI
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't think camping works. For those who used to camp before the introduction of the wars, I think you guys are doing quite well. But with all the boost prizes that go with top 100 finishers, and especially top 10/25, unless you are satisfied with just being a mediocre player, what Dante says above is spot on as cumulatively the differences in prizes will be too big of a hole. You need to pick your spots. For example, I'm getting close to level 150, so I've decided to only do wars, boxes and bosses until I pass that mark. Its not hardcore camping, but it's a variant. Now will my faction hate me for not being on the newly created faction leader board? I don't know and I guess I'll have to find out...

ogel45
08-29-2013, 11:28 PM
What is the logical conclusion of seeking iph? Every building is at level 10. So what? There will be nothing to spend it on. Plus camping is boring. Just play the game and have fun.

I am a cow
08-30-2013, 12:40 AM
All the indestructible units in the world won't improve your IPH. That comes with time. That's really the only benefit to camping anymore.

WRONG!!! There are bonuses that allow you to earn more money from bonuses like the current top 750 prize

Agent Orange
08-30-2013, 06:40 AM
WRONG!!! There are bonuses that allow you to earn more money from bonuses like the current top 750 prize

Except if by the definition I am used to you do not do battles because you are camping so these bonus units are unobtainable.

I also agree with Dante, I think the better term would be selective advancement or perhaps pacing so instead of being a camper you would be a pacer or perhaps a turtle..... And that strategy makes sense. Instead of following the goals that Funzio/Gree set up that set you on the fast track to levelling up plan your advaces carefully to optimize your gameplay.

Problem is if you have never played before you wind up getting screwed since nobody really has a guide on how important your opening moves are.

Including what flag you choose, unit buildings you buy and level up as well as units you purchase oh and constantly increasing your vault and using it. For example the smart move may be to level up a unit building tied to your flag eg sea units if you are UK to it's max then by turtling and building IPH use that cash to buy the top unit at L10 of that building and not waste your cash on cheaper lower casualty rate units.

Then you could easily build a camper killer.....

crazeejay
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Loving the camping faction now! Easy victories :)

TBC Ghost
08-30-2013, 04:54 PM

You are the first one that has the right idea going. I am level 1. I will sit on level 1 until every building is 10. Ya money isnt as important but i will like when i have a $1 mil iph on level 1 to make everyone else look like ants when i move. Need money to also build my faction bonuses so i can max them out and make the next sup 😎 I also buy gold units each week. In the end I will have my units maxed out with indestructable units gaining 0 xp while anyone doing events will be lucky to get a few units per level. Add up how short 90% of players are from maxing out their units with indestructable units. Most buy ****loads of weak cash units or valor units to fill in what they are falling short in. Inwill never have that issue. Eventually I will selectively do events (Wars!!) then depending on xp gained per level per unit. I will talk more after a few years sitting on level 1 and prove camping is still a viable option if you are a gold player. This is a CC account just put it in MW words lol add me to watch CC strongest level 1 player!! 205184814

Big Baby Jesus
08-30-2013, 08:06 PM
You are the first one that has the right idea going. I am level 1. I will sit on level 1 until every building is 10. Ya money isnt as important but i will like when i have a $1 mil iph on level 1 to make everyone else look like ants when i move. Need money to also build my faction bonuses so i can max them out and make the next sup  I also buy gold units each week. In the end I will have my units maxed out with indestructable units gaining 0 xp while anyone doing events will be lucky to get a few units per level. Add up how short 90% of players are from maxing out their units with indestructable units. Most buy ****loads of weak cash units or valor units to fill in what they are falling short in. Inwill never have that issue. Eventually I will selectively do events (Wars!!) then depending on xp gained per level per unit. I will talk more after a few years sitting on level 1 and prove camping is still a viable option if you are a gold player. This is a CC account just put it in MW words lol add me to watch CC strongest level 1 player!! 205184814

Good luck with your level 10 supply depots. Make sure to surround them with guard towers to make them impenetrable.

TBC Ghost
08-31-2013, 06:28 AM
Good luck with your level 10 supply depots. Make sure to surround them with guard towers to make them impenetrable.

Ok .... First read what I said. I was referencing to CC using MW terms so no supply depots lol second I have the night club about to have my second. Im just getting started my man. Third I won't need defense buildings bc I will be stronger than 99% of players on my level. Iph is key for when you hit level 20 and able to get LE buildings! The units I can get just from that will put me at a high advantage. Then add my gold units, scratcher and eventually I will participate in wars and just pa/wall so I don't gain xp and get those units as well. I guarntee you will never be on my level lol you can say all you want or "think" what you want but i know with camping I will have the highest iph and strongest for my level. Keep an eye out and be amazed 205184814 😎

Agent Orange
08-31-2013, 06:41 AM
You are the first one that has the right idea going. I am level 1. I will sit on level 1 until every building is 10. Ya money isnt as important but i will like when i have a $1 mil iph on level 1 to make everyone else look like ants when i move. Need money to also build my faction bonuses so i can max them out and make the next sup  I also buy gold units each week. In the end I will have my units maxed out with indestructable units gaining 0 xp while anyone doing events will be lucky to get a few units per level. Add up how short 90% of players are from maxing out their units with indestructable units. Most buy ****loads of weak cash units or valor units to fill in what they are falling short in. Inwill never have that issue. Eventually I will selectively do events (Wars!!) then depending on xp gained per level per unit. I will talk more after a few years sitting on level 1 and prove camping is still a viable option if you are a gold player. This is a CC account just put it in MW words lol add me to watch CC strongest level 1 player!! 205184814

The more useful units are only available once you level up to the next tier of unit buildings. I looked at CC and deleted it so that analogy isn't as useful to me since I thought the game was rather too simplified.

If you are Android you are now getting punted out of L1 perhaps on IOS it works however leveling up certain buildings will trigger awards from the games goals and therefore you cannot sit at Level 1 since the game will not allow you to unless you avoid building whatever that very first building is who's name escapes me at the moment.

Other problem with just sitting on L1 is that everyone keeps passing through. Now the other issues are,
1) if you don't add allies and adding these will level you up then you only have a limited number of units to use so if you do what the most logical thing is and have 1 ally you could be the strongest but that is not a forgone conclusion.
2) if you do add allies you might ally yourself away from everyone else, seriously who at L1 is going to have 500 allies? However as you add allies you also add XP and guess what you level up.
3) if someone attacks you and looses and that is a real possibility then you gain XP and that levels you up.
4) I had a L1 player on Android for a couple of months until the other day when Gree forced you update your app which btw on one of our tablets has now totally fubar'd the app and that will level you up as it also suddenly adds in all the XP from the buildings you upgraded.

So as much as being parked on L1 with L10 buildings is a really neat idea it won't work now.

Beardface
08-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Imagine campers will have a harder time pulling their weight when/if MW does faction ltq's like CC is doing now. If you can land a spot and help through with energy it makes sense that xp to stat gain would bea viable camping option as well though. Some of those prizes are beast!

TBC Ghost
08-31-2013, 12:41 PM
The more useful units are only available once you level up to the next tier of unit buildings. I looked at CC and deleted it so that analogy isn't as useful to me since I thought the game was rather too simplified.

If you are Android you are now getting punted out of L1 perhaps on IOS it works however leveling up certain buildings will trigger awards from the games goals and therefore you cannot sit at Level 1 since the game will not allow you to unless you avoid building whatever that very first building is who's name escapes me at the moment.

Other problem with just sitting on L1 is that everyone keeps passing through. Now the other issues are,
1) if you don't add allies and adding these will level you up then you only have a limited number of units to use so if you do what the most logical thing is and have 1 ally you could be the strongest but that is not a forgone conclusion.
2) if you do add allies you might ally yourself away from everyone else, seriously who at L1 is going to have 500 allies? However as you add allies you also add XP and guess what you level up.
3) if someone attacks you and looses and that is a real possibility then you gain XP and that levels you up.
4) I had a L1 player on Android for a couple of months until the other day when Gree forced you update your app which btw on one of our tablets has now totally fubar'd the app and that will level you up as it also suddenly adds in all the XP from the buildings you upgraded.

So as much as being parked on L1 with L10 buildings is a really neat idea it won't work now.

Lmao ... I have 400 allies and not going anywhere :). Also every building i could at level 1. Talk to me in a few years when I'm still level 1!! Other than that you just rambled about allies that whole paragraph and didnt get anywhere. Also my buddy had 500 allies in MW level 1. I guess we are "special". Like I said add me and watch....

Dutchie
08-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Lmao ... I have 400 allies and not going anywhere :). Also every building i could at level 1. Talk to me in a few years when I'm still level 1!! Other than that you just rambled about allies that whole paragraph and didnt get anywhere. Also my buddy had 500 allies in MW level 1. I guess we are "special". Like I said add me and watch....

Maybe GREE will have pulled the plug on the game in a few years time while you are still on lvl 1 with your lvl 10 buildings and your golden army with their feet up as they drink yet another cup of tea... Have fun won't you!

Big Baby Jesus
08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Ok .... First read what I said. I was referencing to CC using MW terms so no supply depots lol second I have the night club about to have my second. Im just getting started my man. Third I won't need defense buildings bc I will be stronger than 99% of players on my level. Iph is key for when you hit level 20 and able to get LE buildings! The units I can get just from that will put me at a high advantage. Then add my gold units, scratcher and eventually I will participate in wars and just pa/wall so I don't gain xp and get those units as well. I guarntee you will never be on my level lol you can say all you want or "think" what you want but i know with camping I will have the highest iph and strongest for my level. Keep an eye out and be amazed 205184814 ��

Sorry, thought you were talking about MW as this is the MW, forum. As far as staying level 1...it does not take much xp to level up down there. You will level up just from other people attacking you and bouncing off. Then you will be in the dreaded whale zone known as level 2. What is your ingame name. I will start new accounts with the sole purpose of leveling you up, 1 failed attack at a time. I am a little familiar with camping as I am a camper. However...you will need years to GTML as Im level 30 after nearly 530 days. But this will also have to wait until Gree smelts all the games together as I only play MW. But I hear soon you can fly a dragon and burn down nightclubs. Stay tuned for details, coming Spring 2026

TBC Ghost
08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry, thought you were talking about MW as this is the MW, forum. As far as staying level 1...it does not take much xp to level up down there. You will level up just from other people attacking you and bouncing off. Then you will be in the dreaded whale zone known as level 2. What is your ingame name. I will start new accounts with the sole purpose of leveling you up, 1 failed attack at a time. I am a little familiar with camping as I am a camper. However...you will need years to GTML as Im level 30 after nearly 530 days. But this will also have to wait until Gree smelts all the games together as I only play MW. But I hear soon you can fly a dragon and burn down nightclubs. Stay tuned for details, coming Spring 2026

Again read what I am saying. My buddy has a level 1 MW account. Has been on 1 for months now. Never gets attacked. He is also on android where they "pushed the players" when really they just did a update to stop it from happening. Your info is pretty bad lol. He will stay there until he decides to move. MW and CC are pretty much the same game!!! One is a hood one is a base and one has units one has equipment one has syndicate one has faction. So a little confused when you say CC is simple? All GREE games will always be here and if anything get better as time goes. You must be noob and haven't been around long enough to understand how these games work. Also I will be waiting for you to try and find me lmao ... 1. Bet ya can't and 2. You won't ... I will be sitting here for years buying gold units and building my iph while you level and get weaker and lose to the weakest people on your level. Also I will look for in mw now that I have your level 😜 and bet ill beat you there too... See you soon and in a few years when I make history .....

Big O
09-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Again read what I am saying. My buddy has a level 1 MW account. Has been on 1 for months now. Never gets attacked. He is also on android where they "pushed the players" when really they just did a update to stop it from happening. Your info is pretty bad lol. He will stay there until he decides to move. MW and CC are pretty much the same game!!! One is a hood one is a base and one has units one has equipment one has syndicate one has faction. So a little confused when you say CC is simple? All GREE games will always be here and if anything get better as time goes. You must be noob and haven't been around long enough to understand how these games work. Also I will be waiting for you to try and find me lmao ... 1. Bet ya can't and 2. You won't ... I will be sitting here for years buying gold units and building my iph while you level and get weaker and lose to the weakest people on your level. Also I will look for in mw now that I have your level  and bet ill beat you there too... See you soon and in a few years when I make history .....Speaking of noobs who don't understand how these games work, I hate to burst your bubble skippy, but all the lvl 1 camping, and gold unit buying in the world isn't going to make the next SUP, Fight Club(if you're talking CC), or even a Top 25 contender. It's the amount of money spent during the war. Call me crazy, but I have feeling you don't have that kind of disposable income. If you did, you wouldn't be camping, and leading a Top 500 faction with illusions of grandeur. You would already be at the top.

Bala82
09-01-2013, 10:54 AM
After reading this i am planning on quitting the game but i don't have heart sale my buildings especially LTQ building because they took 10-15 days of collecting to get those building.

shaman01
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Totally possible, I used a 4 month old LLP to take 50 million from one of this forums most prolific campers. And without spending real cash on gold, granted there was the free gold Gree gave out when we had lots of issues with the game but I built a Composite factory with it.

Cash drops were 210,000 per hit while some money buildings were dropping 7+ million per hit.

you only succeeded because his level was too high. he was camping wrongly. if he only levelled up doing the limited building quest he would have much higher stats.

but the main point is you only hurt yourself trying to be an anti-camper. you got 50 million cash which is worthless but you gained in excess of 100xp. 100xp is worth around 2k/2k stats from the limited building quest. so you sacrificed 2k/2k stats in terms of indestructibles for 50 million cash

shaman01
09-01-2013, 04:53 PM
You will have high IPH but depending on where you dropped anchor you could wind up making a big mistake because you are not at a level that allows you to buy the next teir of unit buildings. Then you doubly snooker yourself if you don 't buy the most powerful units you can with all that cash.

The other thing is the units you can buy with cash are not that great compared to what you can get in indies. And those lessthen very low casualty rates are going to get wiped out in battle.

my level will be extremely low because I only level using the limited building quest. it takes an eternity just to reach level 20 the stats from the reward units are sufficient to make me very strong for my level. i don't even use cash to buy units because cash units are just a waste. i use cash to upgrade those darned limited buildings

TBC Ghost
09-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Speaking of noobs who don't understand how these games work, I hate to burst your bubble skippy, but all the lvl 1 camping, and gold unit buying in the world isn't going to make the next SUP, Fight Club(if you're talking CC), or even a Top 25 contender. It's the amount of money spent during the war. Call me crazy, but I have feeling you don't have that kind of disposable income. If you did, you wouldn't be camping, and leading a Top 500 faction with illusions of grandeur. You would already be at the top.

I have more money to spend on the game than you buddy. Don't hate I can buy gold units every week to line up equipment for the next 10 levels! This is going to be my monster account. I don't think sup would take a level 1 guy lol but in the future I can be one of their top players. I have my plan and I will breeze by you guys w your 2x your level stats and ill be at 100x+ my level ;) kick back and watch 295184814...