PDA

View Full Version : Instability Since the Update

Powerbang
08-23-2013, 01:16 PM
While some great features were included in the latest update, I have noticed my Galaxy S4 constantly forcing Modern War to close.

The Force Close issue improved DRAMATICALLY about a month ago. The problem is back... I'm even getting MW Force close messages when I'm not even actively using the app.

This has all started happening again since the update a few days ago.

The irony is I finally changed my 1 star review on the app store back to a positive review the day these problems began again... jinxed it I guess.

jchow69
08-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Well, I guess that's what happens if ur not on iOS. I think this game was meant to be on iOS. I hope there's another update soon to improve conditions for non-iOS users.

Powerbang
08-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybe. I just dont understand how it was running perfectly for the previous month when prior to that I could not even attack anyone without the game crashing.

They obviously made some kind of performance enhancements to the app. Now if they could just do it again...

jchow69
08-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Are u getting the epic boss okay?

Powerbang
08-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Are u getting the epic boss okay? yeah... level 12 no issues so far

jchow69
08-23-2013, 03:25 PM
yeah... level 12 no issues so far

Huh, that's weird. Maybe just a non-iOS issue. Contact support.

MW_FAA
08-23-2013, 04:08 PM
While some great features were included in the latest update, I have noticed my Galaxy S4 constantly forcing Modern War to close.

Mine stopped crashing when i removed the MW widget.

Blodiea
08-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Since update I lost the ability to see how much time before I can attack. This is really going to make it tough to maximize my hits.

fighter777
08-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Since update I lost the ability to see how much time before I can attack. This is really going to make it tough to maximize my hits.

Yeah me too!
Is this a glitch or is gree being gree and screwing us over again?
Anyone else has that issue?

dancingfeat
08-23-2013, 06:14 PM

How do you remove the MW widget. My MW crashes incessantly..any advice I've received hasn't' helped at all. Extremely frustrated...thx..

MW_FAA
08-24-2013, 03:13 AM
How do you remove the MW widget. My MW crashes incessantly..any advice I've received hasn't' helped at all. Extremely frustrated...thx..

Im on Android, so the MW widged is optional and can be placed on one of the home screens. To remove someting from there its usually a long press on the icon/widget then pull it to the trashcan.
Sry if i confused anybody.

General Raub
08-24-2013, 05:38 AM
OP... I have written GREEd several times about this issue and I get the same response everytime ! Then they have a nerve to send me the feedback survey !

This isnt just an update issue

Powerbang
08-24-2013, 10:27 AM

Great advice. I will try this and report back.

west coast girl
08-24-2013, 11:33 AM
definitely something went wrong in this update with droid. i am now crashing like crazy, no timer on the boss, and losing stamina even though it says i cant raid. before this i would get a force close every so often if i was playing for awhile. sent in a ticket but doubt it will help. fingers crossed

jchow69
08-24-2013, 11:36 AM
definitely something went wrong in this update with droid. i am now crashing like crazy, no timer on the boss, and losing stamina even though it says i cant raid. before this i would get a force close every so often if i was playing for awhile. sent in a ticket but doubt it will help. fingers crossed

You should upgrade to iOS, lol. If you ever get the chance when an iPhone or something is on sale, get it.

west coast girl
08-24-2013, 11:40 AM
You should upgrade to iOS, lol. If you ever get the chance when an iPhone or something is on sale, get it.

i have an ios account, not about money choose the phone because i like it :)

jchow69
08-24-2013, 11:48 AM
i have an ios account, not about money choose the phone because i like it :)

Well, you can use ur Droid phone, but it's better to play MW on iOS, less problems, lol.

lsandmanl
08-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Strange, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my game has never crashed.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-24-2013, 12:40 PM
not really instability but my attack/defense went down

Blade of 3
08-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm using the HTC Evo 4G LTE and I'm having no problems out of the ordinary except the timer not appearing. It may just be a glitch with the model. If not, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Powerbang
08-26-2013, 02:59 PM
UPDATE: REPORTING BACK AS PROMISED.

I turned off the MW Widget on my Galaxy S4. I have not had 1 force close issue in 2 days.

As someone mentioned before, there are several other more minor glitches such as timers not showing up and money disappearing from my player...

And lastly, I use a Galaxy S4 because it is simply a better phone than the iPhone. I've used both extensively.

In conclusion... TURN OFF YOUR MODERN WAR WIDGET OFF IT IS ON. This will save you many many crashes.