PDA

View Full Version : Bonuses and boosts

SGT Rud
08-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Question - For bonuses and boosts. How exactly are they added up? Is it the whole lot added up with the % increase, or is it the % increase to each unit.

Such that a 5% increase to infantry attack
if a unit as 13 attack + 5% = 13.65 (also, is it rounded up?)
or if you have two (added) 26 attack + 5% = 27.3

It the decimal is dropped, then the units added together will give you the increase, but if its rounded up or down, then the individual unit gives you the bigger increase.

Generik79
08-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Duped the below post. Sorry.

Generik79
08-23-2013, 08:51 AM
All of the unit bonuses apply to the raw stats on the units. That being said, it doesn't mathematically matter how many units one has. As far as rounding, I am not sure...I'd guess the usual computer rounding rules apply, but whether individually rounded or aggregate? No idea. For simplicity's sake, I'd guess they aggregate the raw stats for used ground units and apply the ground bonus, then round...but it's all code so who knows.

One of our math nerds would have to reverse engineer the boosted stats to tell us...that sounds thankless if not pointless, right?

frettlessibanez
08-23-2013, 09:39 AM
One of our math nerds would have to reverse engineer the boosted stats to tell us...that sounds thankless if not pointless, right?

I would be thankful.
Just sayin...

The Mathemagician
08-23-2013, 10:00 AM
One of our math nerds would have to reverse engineer the boosted stats to tell us...that sounds thankless if not pointless, right? I'm one of those math nerds. As far as my credentials, my a/d score is currently about 1.265 million / 1.455 million. I can match Gree's calculation to within single digits.

Here is how it works. Take the raw stats for any given unit (quantity doesn't matter). Multiply it by ((1+Building_Bonus) * (1+Faction_Bonus) * (1+Composite_Bonus)) + Unit_Bonuses, where (obviously) the Composite_Bonus only applies to defense, and the total Faction_Bonus and Unit_Bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.

Here is an example. Let's pretend you have your Composite building max'd out at level 10, for a 20% defense bonus. You also have the sea bonus a/d building max'd at 10 (can't think of the name right now). Your faction has three of the sea defense bonuses paid for, and you have two units that give sea defense bonuses, a +5% and a +3%.

Your bonus would be calculated as follows ...

((1+20%) * (1+20%) * (1+5%+5%+5%)) + (5%+3%)
= (120% * 120% * 115%) + 8%
= 165.6% + 8%
= 173.6%

That number is then multiplied by the raw defense score for a given sea unit. If the raw defense score was 70, the boosted defense would be 121.52.

I don't know if Gree rounds that or not ... I can't match exactly. The only way to truly calculate this for yourself is to load every single friggin' unit you have into a spreadsheet (or database) and replicate this calcualtion. You then sort highest boosted stat to lowest, and draw the line at 2000 (if you are at max allies).

Good luck.

Mathemagically yours,

Tony Centers