PDA

View Full Version : "defensive battles" and the wall

Fredfreddy
08-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Finally enough posts to start a thread...sheesh. Yes, yes, yes, the fox jumped over the dog FFS.

When in a battle, if you take down the opponent's wall, you then start getting double points for attacks. Does anyone know for sure if, when in battle and the opponent's wall is down, and someone attacks you and loses, do you get double points for that?

The question is around what to do during "defensive" battles, i.e. battles where most everyone has used their hits and need to recharge. Is it really worth getting the wall down in those battles? Sure, if you're full in a defensive battle, hit the wall twice since you'll get those hits back, but is it worth using hits you won't have in the next battle which is presumably offensive?

P.Squiddy
08-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Hmm... I have no idea... good question...

EDIT: However the wall is useless and is just a big waste of time to build. The wall is the biggest stall ever, for destroying it and building it.

BigMoney
08-23-2013, 06:47 AM
You only get "double points" when your opponent's wall is down.

(In my opinion, you are getting "half points" when your opponent's wall is not down).

Fredfreddy
08-23-2013, 07:19 AM
You only get "double points" when your opponent's wall is down.

(In my opinion, you are getting "half points" when your opponent's wall is not down).

Right, but the question is do you get double points if someone attacks you and loses (while their wall is down, i.e. does the wall status make a difference?)
OR, are the double points only for when you proactively attack an opponent while the wall is down...

BigMoney
08-23-2013, 07:26 AM
I just answered that-- I said you need to take down their wall for double points. Doesn't matter who initiates the attack.

Fredfreddy
08-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Hmm... I have no idea... good question...

EDIT: However the wall is useless and is just a big waste of time to build. The wall is the biggest stall ever, for destroying it and building it.

Guess this depends on where your syndicate is. Top 50, this is probably true, where everyone spends gold and the wall is a minor deterrent, and every syndicate has millions of IP. For the majority of Syndicates, the wall means 16 - 20 less hits, so like maybe 8000-10000 IP your opponent doesn't get. That times 25-30 battles during war can add up nicely for a top 250 Synd

Fredfreddy
08-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I just answered that-- I said you need to take down their wall for double points. Doesn't matter who initiates the attack.

ok, sorry, good to know, thanks.
so as a strategy, I suppose if you can get their wall down quickly in a defensive battle, it's good since they're still scouting you and taking losses. 30 minutes into a battle they're probably found their target, so not giving up many losses, so the wall isn't really as important anymore

P.Squiddy
08-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Guess this depends on where your syndicate is. Top 50, this is probably true, where everyone spends gold and the wall is a minor deterrent, and every syndicate has millions of IP. For the majority of Syndicates, the wall means 16 - 20 less hits, so like maybe 8000-10000 IP your opponent doesn't get. That times 25-30 battles during war can add up nicely for a top 250 Synd

I am top 50 so it is a huge dam waste of time! lol

BigMoney
08-23-2013, 07:33 AM
ok, sorry, good to know, thanks.
so as a strategy, I suppose if you can get their wall down quickly in a defensive battle, it's good since they're still scouting you and taking losses. 30 minutes into a battle they're probably found their target, so not giving up many losses, so the wall isn't really as important anymore

Could be wrong here, but my gut tells me that if you're free playing, you're wasting precious attacks by hitting the wall in a "defensive battle" that probably won't earn you many points. If you're going to burn a hideout, save your wall hits (unless someone is full) and use the defensive battle solely to regenerate HP. Consider it trading a hideout for a very small amount of IP. Double that small amount of IP is probably not worth the attacks you need to spend to take down the wall.

Just my opinion though.

MattThomas08
08-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Finally enough posts to start a thread...sheesh. Yes, yes, yes, the fox jumped over the dog FFS.

When in a battle, if you take down the opponent's wall, you then start getting double points for attacks. Does anyone know for sure if, when in battle and the opponent's wall is down, and someone attacks you and loses, do you get double points for that?

The question is around what to do during "defensive" battles, i.e. battles where most everyone has used their hits and need to recharge. Is it really worth getting the wall down in those battles? Sure, if you're full in a defensive battle, hit the wall twice since you'll get those hits back, but is it worth using hits you won't have in the next battle which is presumably offensive?

The only reason you should be hitting the other team at all is if you're going into a defensive battle with full health (IE you missed the previous battle). Otherwise, you should be waiting to recharge. With that said, I would not bring down the hideout on a defensive battle. This is assuming you've also been able to bring down the DL successfully in a defensive battle as well, which should usually be a difficult task. You want to maximize your hits with the wall and DL down. Consider them to be the buy in cost to go to war. Maximize your hits by being full for active wars.

For defensive wars, if DL is down, just use your 2 hits on a player. You shouldn't have enough players using hits during defensive battles to justify taking down the hideout.

Fredfreddy
08-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback