PDA

View Full Version : BlueStacks peformamce

Adm.J
08-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Is anybody running any of the latest updates on Bluestacks without major performance issues? MW is just eating up cpu cycles.

Dickweed
08-23-2013, 12:24 AM
I haven't noticed any updates lately (my version is 0.7.16.910) but yes, major processor usage. Crashes all the time too. Happen to figure out the zoom or know how to write a .cfg file for MW?

Adm.J
08-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Can't say that I have figured out the zoom. By latest updates, I meant MW. I can run the Kindle version with no real performance issues, but it's missing the lockbox events and the new daily bonuses. I may try installing to get the daily bonus and then jumping back to the Kindle version each day. The last lockbox event was such a joke anyway I'm not all that sorry I missed it.

whitefire
08-23-2013, 12:58 AM
Same here. SSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW performance. Lots of crashes too. Hope it wont get worse, otherwise it'll have no use. If this were a very active account (it's a camper llp), I'd be very unhappy.

Fatherllama
08-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Bluestacks isn't a supported version, but yes, I've experienced the same. Decent budget gaming system less than a year old and horrible performance on MW. CC is just fine though. *shrug* Can't say it especially bothers me though, just camp on my Bluestacks account anyhow.

Fatherllama
08-23-2013, 01:57 AM
I haven't noticed any updates lately (my version is 0.7.16.910) but yes, major processor usage. Crashes all the time too. Happen to figure out the zoom or know how to write a .cfg file for MW?

I can't get the zoom to work on either game, but if go to expand via the store and then cancel it, the game will zoom out to an acceptable level. Not perfect, but it's the only workaround I've found thus far.

Nyislesfan
08-23-2013, 09:49 AM
To zoom in and out it's ctrl + and ctrl -. It's really laggy though so you have to hit the + or - key a few times while holding the ctrl key. Also, if you do ctrl - and it doesn't zoom out, try dragging the base, it will usually zoom out while it moves.

Blade of 3
08-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Mine is major laggy, constantly force closes, and takes forever to load.

Dickweed
08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Can't say that I have figured out the zoom. By latest updates, I meant MW. I can run the Kindle version with no real performance issues, but it's missing the lockbox events and the new daily bonuses. I may try installing to get the daily bonus and then jumping back to the Kindle version each day. The last lockbox event was such a joke anyway I'm not all that sorry I missed it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, mine does all that my Android and iOS does with the latest updates.

To zoom in and out it's ctrl + and ctrl -. It's really laggy though so you have to hit the + or - key a few times while holding the ctrl key. Also, if you do ctrl - and it doesn't zoom out, try dragging the base, it will usually zoom out while it moves.

Thank you for the suggestions but no dice. I was so hopeful with the drag idea but still could not get zoom to work.

Philly982
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Bluestacks works great for me. It is another story on my Android though.

Adm.J
08-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Switched back to the Kindle version this afternoon, and then back to Android. Doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the new daily prize hand out. So if you want to play lag and crash free, use the Kindle version. If you do, there is a nice little surprise waiting for you (just don't tell anyone. SHHHH!!!!).

jchow69
08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Sometimes Bluestacks freezes and forcecloses. One of my LLP is on Bluestacks.

ArizonaSweetTea
08-23-2013, 03:02 PM
The performance is really bad on Modern War with BlueStacks. It crashes and takes forever to load when doing events.

Blade of 3
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Switched back to the Kindle version this afternoon, and then back to Android. Doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the new daily prize hand out. So if you want to play lag and crash free, use the Kindle version. If you do, there is a nice little surprise waiting for you (just don't tell anyone. SHHHH!!!!).

How do you switch?

ArizonaSweetTea
08-23-2013, 04:10 PM
How do you switch?

He is referring to getting the Kindle tablet. There are no other good alternatives to Bluestacks other than buying a smartphone or tablet.

Adm.J
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Actually I wasn't referring to getting a Kindle. You can download the Kindle version in Bluestacks. It's a lot more stable.

TAA Sam
08-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Actually I wasn't referring to getting a Kindle. You can download the Kindle version in Bluestacks. It's a lot more stable.

Just tried it, seems a lot more stable, but you lose a lot of the stuff that came with the new update, no faction tab in goals, and the updates to the faction are not there.

Edit: And my stats are completely screwed, back to the original, not having that crap again lol!!!

2nd Edit: DON'T GO NEAR THE KINDLE VERSION, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING SUGGESTION, NOW RE-INSTALLED G/PLAY VERSION AND I'VE LOST A LOAD OF ATT/DEF.

Adm.J
08-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Stats are for sure different on the Kindle version. But like the difference between iOS and Android, it's all a display thing. Haven't actually lost any when switching between them though.

TAA Sam
08-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately, wasn't a display thing, lost 70k whilst attacking and lost to a player who I should never lose too. Glad it works for you, but not for me!!!

Tee
08-24-2013, 10:15 PM
What I did to make BlueStacks run a little better.

1.Set the RAM to be used to 2048 instead of the default 764

2.Set BlueStacks to run with my dedicated graphics card through the Nvidia control panel.

Still runs sluggish and still crashes with that 1stepsync pop up but overall it is definitely better. I discovered these tips trough the BlueStacks web site support trying to find a fix for 1stepsync problem.

Adm.J
08-25-2013, 02:46 PM
A few more details?

TAA Sam
08-25-2013, 03:46 PM
What I did to make BlueStacks run a little better.

1.Set the RAM to be used to 2048 instead of the default 764

2.Set BlueStacks to run with my dedicated graphics card through the Nvidia control panel.

Still runs sluggish and still crashes with that 1stepsync pop up but overall it is definitely better. I discovered these tips trough the BlueStacks web site support trying to find a fix for 1stepsync problem.

This has helped massively, many thanks!!

A few more details?

You need to edit a bit in the registry. It's easy if you know what your doing, if not you could cause major issues with your system. Here's what you need to do, but I accept no responsibility if it goes wrong:

REGISTRY MODIFICATION
1. Stop Bluestacks and restart your computer to stop all Bluestacks services.
2. Go to your start menu, hit Run, type regedit and hit enter.
3. Locate the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/BlueStacks/Guests/Android
4. Click on Android folder and in the right pane you will see several entries, the last of which should be Memory, and it should be a REG_DWORD type value.
5. You can change this value (but dont be stupid with it, like setting it to more than half of your computers installed RAM).
6. When changing the value, it's easier (if you are unfamiliar with Hex) to change the value type in the edit box to decimal.
7. The value between the ( and ) is the one that represents decimal, and is the one that you want to reflect the amount of RAM you are trying to change to.
9. I've changed it to 2048 (I have 8 gigs of ram) and have seen a very noticable increase in speed, responsiveness and smoothness in Bluestacks and all apps I've messed with.

From here: http://zasi.org/forums/index.php?topic=75.0

The part about the dedicated graphics, I've no idea as I don't have dedicated graphics.

Adm.J
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Thank you. Will have to give that a shot.

Tee
08-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Looks like TAA Sam cleared it all up for everyone. 😊

Mar1usescu
08-27-2013, 11:32 AM
My question is ? how can i install the bluestack ? I try it from different sources, download.com and other but on final stage i got a message, the install failed.
There is trick to install the bluestacks ?

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-27-2013, 12:33 PM
My experience has been similar running the program on a gaming laptop. CPU usage hovers around the 40% point with nothing else running and it seems to pick on my core 3 processor more than the others running it at 80-95% capacity. Fan runs all the time. The CTL +/CTL - zoom trick does not work on mine, so the only way to see the base better is to do the 'fake' base expansion through the store. Lag and crashes occur more often when I leave my base to attack/raid. If I camp on my base I can keep it running all day with no issues. It does NOT like the boss window! Intel i7/6Gb

Adm.J
08-27-2013, 01:03 PM
My question is ? how can i install the bluestack ? I try it from different sources, download.com and other but on final stage i got a message, the install failed.
There is trick to install the bluestacks ?The only time I've had this issue was on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter. Couldn't figure it out at all.

vosbob
09-01-2013, 07:05 AM
I tried both Kindle and Android versions, and no success. Since the last update, when I try to launch Modern War on BlueStacks I get a black screen and nothing happens.
Anyone else has this?

P.S. I'm on OSX 10.8.4

Agent Orange
09-01-2013, 01:11 PM
The current version of MW on Android does not appear to work with Bluestacks on OSX. I have an iMac and MacBook Pro running it and with the latest version of MW neither will boot up the game. Just get a black screen the first time after reloading the app and when I quit and restart the app loads partially then shuts down.

On a Core 2 Duo laptop running Win 7 and Bluestacks the first time the app loaded it stayed at a black screen for a short period then boot ok. Runs slow but no slower then your LG phone.

vosbob
09-03-2013, 03:57 AM
The current version of MW on Android does not appear to work with Bluestacks on OSX. I have an iMac and MacBook Pro running it and with the latest version of MW neither will boot up the game. Just get a black screen the first time after reloading the app and when I quit and restart the app loads partially then shuts down.

On a Core 2 Duo laptop running Win 7 and Bluestacks the first time the app loaded it stayed at a black screen for a short period then boot ok. Runs slow but no slower then your LG phone.
I guess I'll have to wait for another update then :/

jabray80
09-12-2013, 12:04 AM
I updated my MW and now when I try to open it on bluestacks it always comes up with app error and will not load. I have downloaded bluestacks again and reinstalled a few times and still no luck.

ExtremeP7
09-12-2013, 07:24 AM
I updated my MW and now when I try to open it on bluestacks it always comes up with app error and will not load. I have downloaded bluestacks again and reinstalled a few times and still no luck.

Same problem. I got so frustrated that I ran bootcamp, installed windows and then bluestacks just so I could try to access my LLP. It works, but it's a giant run around. The F$(%ed up thing is now I am getting the same application failure on the windows machine. Just. Can't. Win.

marro
02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
im having problems with blue stacks when i open my base is there but no extra action buttons cant get into any menues

Jabin
04-20-2014, 02:27 PM
im having problems with blue stacks when i open my base is there but no extra action buttons cant get into any menues

If you recently updated your video drivers that is the culprit, I had that issue awhile ago, and had to completely reinstall bluestacks. Which in turn I had to put in a ticket to restore since you get a new UUID on every installation.

Mastert55!
04-20-2014, 11:49 PM
I thought this thread died in 2013. Huh.

Modern War Sam
04-21-2014, 05:18 AM
Bluestacks works great for me. It is another story on my Android though.

I have had to delete it from my laptop. Too cpu hungry.