PDA

View Full Version : Modern War 3.8 is out for both iOS and Android!

TheOracle
08-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone. Wanted to share this information in case you have not noticed. A new update is out for Modern War!

Here is what came in this new update:

v3.8

• {NEW FEATURE} Limited Time Goals for Factions! Work with your Faction members to collaboratively complete limited time goals and earn rewards.
• {NEW FEATURE} Login every day for FREE, awesome prizes! 28 days of AWESOME!
• {NEW} Pull to refresh Faction chat! (iOS only)
• [BUG FIX] Addressed issue where some players were having issues collecting rewards for reaching the rank of General.
• Many under-the-hood performance improvements.
• Lots of other bug fixes!

Please go to the App store or Google Play store to update!

candyson
08-22-2013, 02:01 PM
The faction chat refresh isn't working on Android.
I have the latest update from Google Play.

Zulfiqaar
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
28 days of AWESOME!!!
Thanks a lot..waiting for the faction ltqs :)

Ronin-11
08-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Same here the chat refresh is not working on android and when I try to watch videos it says that there are no videos available.

TheOracle
08-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys. The chat refresh is currently only available for iOS but we'll be adding something similar to Android in a future update.

candyson
08-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys. The chat refresh is currently only available for iOS but we'll be adding something similar to Android in a future update.
Thanks for the update, Oracle. :-)

General Raub
08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
How often will videos be avail for gold and when do faction goals start ?

2nd dan
08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks Goethe update can you please explain what the faction points are for ? Are they going to be used for individual rewards in the factions top scores or?

Ronin-11
08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Ok. Is there going to be a daily max of videos that you can watch to obtain gold?

andymac106
08-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks Goethe update can you please explain what the faction points are for ? Are they going to be used for individual rewards in the factions top scores or?

It's probably going to be similar to the KA point system which shows how much you are helping in guild quests. It doesnt mean you will get individual rewards. If it matches the KA structure, then it basically shows how active and helpful you are

jjm521
08-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Nice update guys, thanks....especially the refresh in chat

jjm521
08-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Oracle, can you tell us if theres something in the works for better organization of units? I know a lot of people want this cuz with thousands of units in our inventory, its really hard to find what we just won in an event, or just to find a specific unit or something. I just hope its soething you guys are working on, or at least considering. Any info on that?

La La594
08-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Oracle, can you tell us if theres something in the works for better organization of units? I know a lot of people want this cuz with thousands of units in our inventory, its really hard to find what we just won in an event, or just to find a specific unit or something. I just hope its soething you guys are working on, or at least considering. Any info on that?

Theirs also a money earn here for Gree, you could charge 10 gold for a excel dump of unit inventory, i know i would pay:-)

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
08-22-2013, 05:39 PM
You left an update feature from 3.8 ... Disable Faction Alert toggle switch.

D1E Luke
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
When is the first faction goal?

One man army
08-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Hmm this update I wonder what the faction goals are

VA Bob
08-22-2013, 07:19 PM
What has happened to the donation log?
Hey everyone. Wanted to share this information in case you have not noticed. A new update is out for Modern War!

v3.8

• {NEW FEATURE} Limited Time Goals for Factions! Work with your Faction members to collaboratively complete limited time goals and earn rewards.
• [BUG FIX] Addressed issue where some players were having issues collecting rewards for reaching the rank of General.

Muffin
08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
What has happened to the donation log?

You go to faction, hit Ranking tab, then choose donations. (on iOS anyways)

Beau Ner
08-22-2013, 08:14 PM
So when do kindle users get their 28 days of awesomeness?

Dkaell
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM

v3.8

What about for the Kindle? Are we screwed again or are you going to at least award the daily login units to Kindle users so we don't fall farther behind the other platforms?

Adm.J
08-22-2013, 09:33 PM
What about for the Kindle? Are we screwed again or are you going to at least award the daily login units to Kindle users so we don't fall farther behind the other platforms?Just sideload the regular android version. Works great. It's BlueStacks that I'm worried about. The only stable version I can find for that is the Kindle release.

huminator
08-23-2013, 12:01 AM
What exactly has changed in the chat?

Nice update guys, thanks....especially the refresh in chat

KidWiz
08-23-2013, 12:56 AM
I noticed that on Android, daily scratchers are not popping up anymore. Were they replaced by the daily login rewards?
Is this a permanent replacement or will scratchers return?

Could you please clarify this?
Thank you.

Cheers,
Kid

sraghav42
08-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Didn't get scratchers on ios tooo.

I noticed that on Android, daily scratchers are not popping up anymore. Were they replaced by the daily login rewards?
Is this a permanent replacement or will scratchers return?

Could you please clarify this?
Thank you.

Cheers,
Kid

rutty
08-23-2013, 02:43 AM
You left an update feature from 3.8 ... Disable Faction Alert toggle switch.

THIS.

Chat is still pretty much unusable with the avalanche of donations that seems to happen in my faction. This is been in KA for months - please add it to MW too

Thumpr
08-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Looks like the free daily scratchers are gone. Shame, that occasional 10 mil cash win had really helped out at times.

psuengineer
08-23-2013, 06:57 AM
I didn't see this question asked previously and if it was, my apologies. I didn't notice the update in the ITunes store until today. Does the 28 consecutive days count from the first day you logged in on the new system, or the day of the release? I login to MW approximately 50+ times per day, so it's not as if I wasn't in the game. I would hate to lose out on the last unit, just because I didn't download the new version until today. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Adm.J
08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't see this question asked previously and if it was, my apologies. I didn't notice the update in the ITunes store until today. Does the 28 consecutive days count from the first day you logged in on the new system, or the day of the release? I login to MW approximately 50+ times per day, so it's not as if I wasn't in the game. I would hate to lose out on the last unit, just because I didn't download the new version until today. Any clarification would be much appreciated.It's your own login days. And if you miss a day, it resets back to 1

psuengineer
08-23-2013, 04:27 PM
It's your own login days. And if you miss a day, it resets back to 1

So after we go through 28 days, we can do it all over again? If so, very nice!

a4194394
08-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the update, Oracle. :-)

i tried video offers and earned 19 gold then the button becomes no response when clicked

oh quoted the wrong one.. wana quote the guy who asks the limit of free gold

Moe Foe
08-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm truly amazed that there aren't more irrate people on here asking when things are going improve for Android users. Is there a seperate thread for those of us who's complaints fall on deaf ears for problems and glitches that go unanswered for months on end? Or do the moderators of this forum just delete these posts?

Lt Assassin
08-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi sticky , tried to get new update from New Zealand iTunes App Store & it says update is no longer available ,I'm using 64gb iPad mini. This is very frustrating as I'm still on version 3.6.1 & havnt been able to update any of the 3.7 versions , please help as I don't want to miss out on daily rewards , regards Lt

Blodiea
08-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm truly amazed that there aren't more irrate people on here asking when thingnothing.e going improve for Android users. Is there a seperate thread for those of us who's complaints fall on deaf ears for problems and glitches that go unanswered for months on end? Or do the moderators of this forum just delete these posts?

I'm on droid and the new update killed my health regen screen where the count down time was there is nothing. I joined a different faction so I can't gauge the proper time for two attacks.

General Raub
08-24-2013, 05:32 AM
+1 with the times not working on android

General Raub
08-24-2013, 05:33 AM
I'm truly amazed that there aren't more irrate people on here asking when things are going improve for Android users. Is there a seperate thread for those of us who's complaints fall on deaf ears for problems and glitches that go unanswered for months on end? Or do the moderators of this forum just delete these posts?

Theres plenty of complaints ... just tired of beating a dead horse i guess

slgreenwell
08-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I would probably complain about the new update but with the latest data push the mw app won't load. I can delete the data and the game works good [ not great but good ] but then the beat the boss quest does not work.

Who dares wins
08-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Any idea when the new faction ltqs will start

heatnet
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
This latest update is crap. Can't see the boss timer when my health has finished.

Lighthill
08-25-2013, 02:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xRiZ1gW.jpg

Ive deleted the game (all), reinstalled, deleted the data (only), reinstalled... nothing helps. Waited for latest version... my account is broken in the cloud I guess.

Gee-2
08-26-2013, 01:03 AM
All droids have the issue of no timer on the boss. Gree plz fix this asap!

huminator
08-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Great update; curious when the faction goal will start.

Gee-2
08-28-2013, 01:20 AM
The epic boss timer is still not working on droid! Come on Gree and least try to earn your salaries.

Col
08-29-2013, 12:09 AM
GREE have stopped supporting New Zealand ...

I can NOT even get this new update , I go to update my game from Apple app store , and get a message saying its no longer available , Then I ask Gree and they say they no longer support New Zealand !!

I've been playing this game since the start and am a BIG Gold user , and they do this to me !! I've spent THOUSANDS on this game !!

I have wars on this weekend to , with A heap of Gold in my account ready to use .. BUT now today when I go to log in , the Game will not even connect , and I get a window popping up saying Download newest version ... wtf !!!

Sort it out Gree before I get booted from my top TEAM !!

Anybody else have this issue ?

If they are doing this to New Zealand , it will only be a matter of time before they stop supporting other countries ...

Gee-2
08-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Wow Col ur issue makes my issue with the timer look like nothing. Good luck mate. Switch to droid and you shouldn't have this problem but you'll have tons of other problems.

slayer091
08-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Timer was not working from the start...now i cant do any gold purchases too...i dont know what is happening...GREE i am in the last level and without the gold i cant complete it....please do something before the boss event ends :(

frettlessibanez
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I didn't even get that last boss event. Some people said they couldn't see their timer, I couldn't even try. I guess only Droid has this issue? waiting for next update...

Badass action man
08-30-2013, 08:01 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Next update fix the WD points system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skysohigh
08-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Gree, I just hope my stats won't get drop after every data updated

Riddle
08-30-2013, 09:17 AM
With the update I am unable to see or collect money from the Taj mahl building?

Bobar
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
One of my teammates just tried to update and what happend?

v3.8.1.1 is no longer compatible to HTC Desire S !!! Just 1 hour before battle, he got lost ?!? Sorry, but thats really a Little to much

einarek
08-30-2013, 01:25 PM
One of my teammates just tried to update and what happend?

v3.8.1.1 is no longer compatible to HTC Desire S !!! Just 1 hour before battle, he got lost ?!? Sorry, but thats really a Little to much

I'm experiencing the same issue, I have HTC desire S to..

Die14
08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Where is my gold ????

Adm.J
08-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Android is ****ed for sure on this one.

Gen. Jaden
08-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Gree, do you hate Kindle users? How come we always get updates 3 months after IOS and Android get them? Your customer service SUCKS! I've told you guys I want Kindle updated many times, always the response is 2 weeks later and the answer is completely unrelated to the question! Figure it out Gree, or should I say Gree-dy.

Adm.J
08-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Gree, do you hate Kindle users? How come we always get updates 3 months after IOS and Android get them? Your customer service SUCKS! I've told you guys I want Kindle updated many times, always the response is 2 weeks later and the answer is completely unrelated to the question! Figure it out Gree, or should I say Gree-dy.Search the forums for kindle, sideloading

swedishmac
09-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi ever since the new world domination event I can't use modern war. And in google play it now says I have a non-compatible unit for the new version. What's wrong, I have player mw on the same HTC for a long time now. Please help

swedishmac
09-02-2013, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE=AFC Ajax;956737]So.. Why isnt anyone answering? My faction is at war right now and I cant open Modern War!! Come on guys.. what should I do.

This is ubelievable, how can u approve an update wshat couses these kind of problems...[/QUOTE

We want some answers now!

Big C
09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Liking the update

mwloyal
09-03-2013, 10:19 AM
The bugs Ive found in the last 12 days:
I installed it a couple weeks ago on my android tablet and Im about 2 weeks in.. level 25. My vault is set to $150,000 and I say that only to mention than when I try to save my cash, sometimes the number not vaulted counts UP instead of down... other times the vault only holds < $150,000 and ANything from $3-52,000 will remain unvaulted. If I try to vault again, that number INCREASES.. instead decreasing.. and money is removed from the vault and stuck outside the vault. If I exit then kill the app and reopen, Instead of having $150,000 I now have $21,000. My money is GONE.

So lets move along.

Valor....
Lets say I have 14 Jungle Stalkers (25 Valor each). And I have 150 valor... I buy 6 Jungle stalkers. that takes the total up to 20, and I have no more valor. If I go over to Sea, or Air, or Land, And I go back to Infantry I only have 14 jungle stalkers and I have 150 valor again. I can repeat that process 3 times.. and finally I give up and I dont buy anything with valor.
So then I decide to instead unload 50k or so into something else.. like Jeeps for example. I get a comm error and restart the app and i restart to find I never bought jeeps and I lost $65,000. Poof.

Moving right along... Concrete and donations:

donate one brick, total is 2 in my stash.. get a comm error.. forced to restart. when I get back no brick was donated and i no longer have any bricks available to donate.

unit purchasing...

I bought an ore mill... it was >600,000. That was big for a level 21 player. I go and place it on the oversize plot. I get a comm error. tells me to restart the app... I do and come back in and my >600,000 is gone and I have $11,000 in my cash. You know thats one frustration right there....

All this happens while I am playing the game on my main acct on my iphone. Its on the same network. Its connected fine. no glitches. ios is apparently where the money is at.

My takeaways:
I WILL NOT ever buy gold on my android acct.
I WILL ALWAYS try to spend all my money before i exit the game.
My ios game will always been my gold buyer and my powerhouse player.

Surely an update would come out that would address just one of these major issues. I dont expect them to shoot for the moon and actually reach it. But picking one of the long laundry list and getting it right would help the game tenfold.

EDIT: Just today... I raided $560,000. Bought a land expansion for $260,000. Basic math says this leaves $300,000. I go to donate $100,000 to my faction and it says there is a comm error and i must restart... so I do.. and I get back in and now i have $82,000 in cash and no donation was made.

Android 4.2.1 here. I'll stick to my iOS version and keep playing it... the Android version is 95% unplayable.

Adm.J
09-04-2013, 02:59 PM
So what's the deal with the HTC Desire Gree? Are you fixing it or what?

AFC Ajax
09-06-2013, 05:33 AM
I don't think they give a $hit

CPLPunishmnt
09-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Yesterday I was playing fine until I was prompted for an update.
Shortly after that I was unable to get the app to open. It crashes immediately after launch.
A window briefly appears to FORCE CLOSE or REPORT, but disappears very quickly.
I have been unable to access the app ever since and need to know what to do.
GOOGLE PLAY has no updates to install. I can either OPEN or UNINSTALL.
I don't want to uninstall if I will lose all that I have worked for.
Can someone tell me what to do to correct this or can a developer force a download to my phone?

Requesting help...

Sincerely
CPL Punishment

Rotti
09-06-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm sure with the next update ....

swedishmac
09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
We have played this f*cking game for all long time now. And now you just cut us off? Come on... Get a new update that works with the HTC desires!

So what's the deal with the HTC Desire Gree? Are you fixing it or what?

Ser
09-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeah I'm so excited i love updates

Gen. Jaden
09-08-2013, 08:18 PM
You can uninstall and reinstall as many times as you want, your game is saved on gree databanks. So uninstall all you want, I've done it a million times :)

ssb9d9
09-09-2013, 07:29 AM
buy an Ipad and start a game from scratch?

Thumpr
09-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Is anyone else who is a daily player having an issue where the daily rewards went back a few days and duplicated? My two IOS accounts don't have an issue, just my android. It happened around day six and I have duplicates up to theLoyal Runner. I'm worried this will keep me from getting the carrier. Opened support ticket that was promptly closed and sent me here. But I'm not seeing any answers here either.

baddog_to
09-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I play on an iPad 3 and everything was fine for me until just before the Battle for Canada. I started having intermittent problems donating money or bricks to my faction. For the last two weeks I have not been able to make any donations, the donate amount window drops back to the faction bank when I tap donate. GREE has told me to delete and re-install, I've done that 4 times. I've re-set my iPad - all to no avail and GREE is not responding with any help. I guess they are waiting for the iOS update. Any one else had this problem and solved it?

CPLPunishmnt
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM
What phone do u use?

I have the exact same thing.

I use the Samsung 1 phone, not the newer phone. I did see an entry that states we can uninstall and
reinstall without losing our account information. So I will try that. Good luck with your account Ajax. :)

CPLPunishmnt
09-10-2013, 01:16 PM
You can uninstall and reinstall as many times as you want, your game is saved on gree databanks. So uninstall all you want, I've done it a million times :)

Thanks Jaden for this update. Will reinstall the app. :)

GUNNY PEEON
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I use the Samsung 1 phone, not the newer phone. I did see an entry that states we can uninstall and
reinstall without losing our account information. So I will try that. Good luck with your account Ajax. :)

sometimes just rebooting your phone will do the trick also

swedishmac
09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Yes, but I can't even download the game from google play, it says that I don't have compatible unit/Marcus

supertypek
09-12-2013, 04:16 AM
After update i cant load the game. Why?

Sgt Squirrel
09-12-2013, 04:52 AM
I have this game issue! I downloaded what is said to be 3.8.2 yesterday and it stays at half the load bar and freezes there

in defense of the good
09-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Same here! Suspended loading issue on Samsung Tablet. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck.
GREE should test the updates on more droid tablets/phones before releasing it. Please fix this issue asap.

mugsyny
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
All not working updates messed my game up can't get my stats back was high in stats was in a top 400 fraction no can't play emailed gree several times since august update gree says they will fix but when it's going on a month please fix i've done everything gree said by uninstalling and reinstalling can't transfer to same phone bit gree said I can like I said please fix

Timo11
09-12-2013, 11:08 AM
The same here too....on my Galaxy Note and on my Samsung mobile the same problem after downloading the latest version this morning......Hope they will fix it soon because now I'm missing a lot!!!:(

SauliusLTU
09-12-2013, 11:09 AM
after update on my android game don't works :( I loose many limmited quest :S

mugsyny
09-12-2013, 11:19 AM
All not working updates messed my game up can't get my stats back was high in stats was in a top 400 fraction no can't play emailed gree several times since august update gree says they will fix but when it's going on a month please fix i've done everything gree said by uninstalling and reinstalling can't transfer to same phone bit gree said I can like I said please fix

after update on my android game don't works :( I loose many limmited quest :S

It doesn't work for me HTC evo design 4G uninstall and reinstall

ramobaki
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Any hopes that this bug will be fixed ?MW gives an error message after the update 3.8.2 !!!!

SauliusLTU
09-12-2013, 11:29 AM
It doesn't work for me HTC evo design 4G uninstall and reinstall

still don't work :(

HoustonDidThat
09-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks for screwing up the game again.......

i2izzy
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
So is there a fix for droid users yet? Not only are we going to get screwed on the daily unit but we're also unable to help our factions in the new faction ltqs

milankovitch
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
what they said... WAITING
how about giving the option to uninstall an update so we can go back to an earlier version when you release a beta that doesn't work?

just saw an update...0130 GMT-5 ran it and can get in. it immediately asked me if i wanted to update and i told it no. it is working again (for me) sort of...new message Activity CC Test Menu in Modern War is not working.

hammertime371
09-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I ran all updates and its working...updated the data and only problem left is I can't load all the bases...some do some don't..

FloJo Jr
09-17-2013, 04:34 AM
IOS 7 comes out tomorrow when do we have to wait for GREE update? Looking forward to IOS7!

Tyrant
09-17-2013, 05:03 AM
It isn't showing up in my updates.

Flash0810
09-17-2013, 09:44 AM
It's not a GREE issue but more an Apple issue. It's down to Apple to vet the app and make it available in the App Store.

FloJo Jr
09-17-2013, 02:39 PM
It's not a GREE issue but more an Apple issue. It's down to Apple to vet the app and make it available in the App Store.

Do we know when this will occur? Before or after next battle?

Sniper76
09-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Anyone having an issue buying gold since the new update. Not sure if it's gree or apple. Pissing me off