PDA

View Full Version : Top players will be top forever

horse
08-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Top players get the strongest units, so they will be better than the players with only weak units. That means that the lower ranked players will never make it to the top.

Kidder
08-20-2013, 11:04 AM
True. As long as they keep spending real cash.

Person
08-20-2013, 11:05 AM
indeed. Give it 4 or 5 more wars and no one in FUN will even be hittable by anyone

if they all keep playing ofcourse

Samskill
08-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Well there is a business dynamic (aka money making) behind all these GREE planning.
Oops ! Is this a secret?

Cola3
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
I'd be pissed if I'm spending my money and I'm not going anywhere.

Shluggy
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
So when FUN get unhitable what's in it for them? I'm sorry but how can it be "FUN" in a guild where no one bothers them?

Rinkled4
08-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd be pissed if I'm spending my money and I'm not going anywhere.

That would be referring to everyone not in top 3. At least FUN, RK, & SB have gained an incredible advantage for the money spent. It's the rest of the top 100 who are spending all the money with nothing to show for it.

Nacon10
08-20-2013, 12:21 PM
That would be referring to everyone not in top 3. At least FUN, RK, & SB have gained an incredible advantage for the money spent. It's the rest of the top 100 who are spending all the money with nothing to show for it.

the rest of the top 100 that spends "all the money with nothing to show for it " should apply to a top 10 guild and stop carrying their weak guild. thats my plan once i get my stats up.

Snake1
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
So when FUN get unhitable what's in it for them? I'm sorry but how can it be "FUN" in a guild where no one bothers them?

Best statement

tonyy1
08-20-2013, 12:28 PM
yeah it's all about the almighty dollar, yen, euro, pound, rupee, whatever currency you spend. If the top 3 guilds have to spend absurd amounts of money to stay at the top and the rest of the top 100 are really just competing for the top 4-100 positions then that's 96 guilds spending money like mad men to get up there, and then the 100 - 500 trying to get to the top 500 means Gree has done a good job at making a game extremely profitable.... only downfall would have been the hacks that let cheaters get advantages without spending real currency.

Cola3
08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Not necessarily true....Guild wars are just one thing, there's the LTQ, Boss and box. There's a lot of top 10-500 guild members who are in par with FUN and RK stats.

RandomUser
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I'd love to see the top 500 player with 5m+ attack/defense right now.

Cola3
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I'd love to see the top 500 player with 5m+ attack/defense right now.

Even tho that's not the average A/D of FUN and RK, I'd love to see a top 500 player who spent more than that guy who has that stats.

procsyzarc
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Not necessarily true....Guild wars are just one thing, there's the LTQ, Boss and box. There's a lot of top 10-500 guild members who are in par with FUN and RK stats.

Not for long. I have spent a least a few months in 2 of the top 3 factions and can garantee you every member completes every LTQ and every boss event etc. The only way you will ever gain ground on some of them and that is to complete chest event since not every member completes those, but even then that is nothing compared to COK prizes.

Don't forget ever LTQ they get more than others do, ever unit I get already gives aprox 130% ( so the prize for the last war which was 30k actually gave me 70k and will be worth even more as I get more boosts) more than base stats and those who have been in FUN the whole time are probably getting close to 160%.

The only way to catch up is to complete events and get boosts they don't but as they get every boost there is no way to catch up (unless they make the heroic quest in wars 55+ wins then even FUN won't be able to complete since they can't get more matches in).

For me I have basically accepted I will never be able to beat anyone in FUN within a few months (hopefully they remember me and don't attack :) hint hint hammer) but on the same token no one outside of FUN or RK will be able to touch me either

sousas
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
One thing that I don't quite understand is why the top players of the 2nd-10th top guilds have not yet joined together to form a temporary guild to take FUN out of first place, in at least one war.

In am a great admirer of FUN success, but are they really unbeatable?

procsyzarc
08-20-2013, 03:04 PM
One thing that I don't quite understand is why the top players of the 2nd-10th top guilds have not yet joined together to form a temporary guild to take FUN out of first place, in at least one war.

In am a great admirer of FUN success, but are they really unbeatable?

There is no real point, just means what? Spending a lot more for one extra boost which unless you do it for at least the number of wars they have already won changes nothing overall.

It is easy as it is now you join the faction that fits your budget and desire if you want everything and are prepared to spend you join FUN, if you are ok missing a boost a month and want to spend less you join RK or SB. If you are happy to miss a couple of boosts per month and spend a lot less you join a top 10 faction etc.

E-I
08-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah, exactly that. Believe me, the idea has been tossed around more than a few times.

boneshaker
08-20-2013, 04:58 PM
How much $ are people in the top guilds spending on gems per month?

Nacon10
08-20-2013, 06:03 PM

i know alot of players that score over 1 mil cps during war so do the math

custos
08-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Top players get the strongest units, so they will be better than the players with only weak units. That means that the lower ranked players will never make it to the top.

Not true. When I first started playing the idea of getting into six figures in A/D (100K) seemed fanciful. That was in the early days of KA when the level topped out at 50, and having 20-30K A/D was considered impressive. Don't believe me? Have a look e.g. at this post (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25119-6-New-areas!&p=177359&viewfull=1#post177359) from April 2012 from Ghost -- a strong player at the time. His stats were:

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570

Laughable by today's standards. I've seen people at level 16 with 200K A/D. The game has changed.

A year ago as I passed 100K and then 200K I saw folks up around 500K and could hardly believe it. The idea of hitting 1M in A/D seemed fanciful :). Now the guys in FUN are around 4-5 million, but a year from now that will look quaint as people will be hitting the 100 million (mark my words). So the only way the FUN guys, and anyone else at the top of the rankings, will remain untouchable is to keep pouring money into the game. I can guarantee that "coasting" based on currently having top units and top boosts will not cut it.

As for why they do it and whether it's "fun" to be unbeatable... Who knows? Some people like playing games in "God mode", others find it boring. Some people need to be the best, some are insecure in RL and find validation through on-line mastery... different stokes.

kruppe
08-20-2013, 07:46 PM

Believe me people raid all the time 😊

Kruppe is sure it wasn't part of the Gree grand design but raids by opponents with 1-4 m less stats can succeed. To me this is consistent with little raids skirmishes by outlaws and brigands... Going to work sometimes but not always and a trail is left to follow. And of course there is the wrath of FUN 😄😄😄well, a giggle anyways..

GQNammmer
08-20-2013, 08:59 PM

$32,000 just for wars, minimum, split between their members. Then theres box leaderboardd

procsyzarc
08-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Not true. When I first started playing the idea of getting into six figures in A/D (100K) seemed fanciful. That was in the early days of KA when the level topped out at 50, and having 20-30K A/D was considered impressive. Don't believe me? Have a look e.g. at this post (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25119-6-New-areas!&p=177359&viewfull=1#post177359) from April 2012 from Ghost -- a strong player at the time. His stats were:

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570

Laughable by today's standards. I've seen people at level 16 with 200K A/D. The game has changed.

A year ago as I passed 100K and then 200K I saw folks up around 500K and could hardly believe it. The idea of hitting 1M in A/D seemed fanciful :). Now the guys in FUN are around 4-5 million, but a year from now that will look quaint as people will be hitting the 100 million (mark my words). So the only way the FUN guys, and anyone else at the top of the rankings, will remain untouchable is to keep pouring money into the game. I can guarantee that "coasting" based on currently having top units and top boosts will not cut it.

As for why they do it and whether it's "fun" to be unbeatable... Who knows? Some people like playing games in "God mode", others find it boring. Some people need to be the best, some are insecure in RL and find validation through on-line mastery... different stokes.

Its not the stats its the boosts. If their boosts do twice what yours do it doesn't matter how much they inflat the units theirs will inflat by twice as much

JanKA
08-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I remember when I start playing, that I wanted to be 2x level strong. These days, I'm roughly 6x and still don't feel strong. Smells like inflation...

Even now, being level strong is a quaint concept

Dayan007
08-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Gree has signed the death warrant on Kingdom Age. Gold units are nearly obsolete, war prizes are exponentially more powerful with each event, and those that spend the most real money are becoming untouchable. I'd give it 6 months til most players are wallowing in boredom and move on.

Dayan007
08-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I remember when I start playing, that I wanted to be 2x level strong. These days, I'm roughly 6x and still don't feel strong. Smells like inflation...

Even now, being level strong is a quaint concept
I'm almost 20X my level. It's getting old... Strategy is for the most part gone.

Mystogan
08-21-2013, 01:09 AM
This game hasn't got a strategic factor about it. This game could be fun and strategies could have been put in class to ensure a competitive game but some people are dumb enough to spend stacks of cash on a digital game that doesn't compete with top selling games. So really the only people you can blame are the people that spent hard cash that influenced greeS greed. The top players aren't skilled, probably Middle Ages men going through mid life crisis (plus they are either dirt rich or very stupid)

Forest Wind
08-21-2013, 03:42 AM
$32,000 just for wars, minimum, split between their members. Then theres box leaderboardd

Wow, that's a lot of money to me!

Are you guessing or it is a real number?

That's still not including money spent on LTQs.

Kronous
08-21-2013, 07:37 AM
From my brief time in KA(started back in April of this year) I have found that achieving top500 can be done without gems, but to get top 300 or higher requires real $$$

yeah it's all about the almighty dollar, yen, euro, pound, rupee, whatever currency you spend. If the top 3 guilds have to spend absurd amounts of money to stay at the top and the rest of the top 100 are really just competing for the top 4-100 positions then that's 96 guilds spending money like mad men to get up there, and then the 100 - 500 trying to get to the top 500 means Gree has done a good job at making a game extremely profitable.... only downfall would have been the hacks that let cheaters get advantages without spending real currency.

Dogs Pizza
08-21-2013, 08:53 AM
There are still a few free players in the top 10. My guild is top 50 and is about 1/3 gem players 2/3 free players. You just need to be active to make it in this game. Or get on a team with some very heavy spenders!

Guido69
08-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting thread.

Just to give you an idea. The final 2 units of the last guild war (Dauthus, Tormentor and Dauthus Avatar) had a combined attack of 78k raw. With the boosts that we have, my attack from these two units increased by >300k.

So, yes, the gap will widen as long as players on the top continue to have interest to get those units.

Whether it is good or not for the game in general is another question, but an easy one to answer.

The "sad" part is that many players literally spent 10,000s of real $ on units that very soon will not even be used in their army anymore.

Forest Wind
08-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Believe me people raid all the time 

Kruppe is sure it wasn't part oavatar! Gree grand design but raids by opponents with 1-4 m less stats can succeed. To me this is consistent with little raids skirmishes by outlaws and brigands... Going to work sometimes but not always and a trail is left to follow. And of course there is the wrath of FUN well, a giggle anyways..

Hey Kruppe,

Just realized that the Daleth, Claimant to the Delta looks like your avatar!

The angle of the body, the angle of the weapon that he's holding and even the color almost look the same!

Any copyright issue? Did they consulted you?

E-I
08-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Pendragon.

Thorrodin.

The1Nonly.

Its hard to be the top player for very long. Same goes for being one of the top players. People miss quests, scale back, or just leave altogether. Top ten guilds lose players all of the time to retirement, or people decide to play free.

sousas
08-21-2013, 10:41 AM
There is no real point, just means what? Spending a lot more for one extra boost which unless you do it for at least the number of wars they have already won changes nothing overall.

It is easy as it is now you join the faction that fits your budget and desire if you want everything and are prepared to spend you join FUN, if you are ok missing a boost a month and want to spend less you join RK or SB. If you are happy to miss a couple of boosts per month and spend a lot less you join a top 10 faction etc.

I'm not talking of getting 1st in guild wars to improve stats, I'm just saying isn't there nobody interested in being the 1st one to win a war, while not being part of FUN?

Nowadays is almost a point of honor for some players to be able to say that they pulled out a Daleth or a Tormentor. We have threads only for that purpose.

Yet I see no harder objective in KA than winning a guild war without being part of FUN or maybe FUN2.. ;)

Ryosaeba
08-21-2013, 11:03 AM
The way this game is setup, you can indeed be better. Just spend more money then them. There is pretty much zero skills, strategy, or very little effort in being a top player in this game. Just simply spend more then them and you'll get ahead eventually. Finish all the quests and get those insane units. Eventually, those top players will move to another game or stop all together.

Guido69
08-21-2013, 11:30 AM
... Just spend more money then them. ... Just simply spend more then them and you'll get ahead eventually. ....

Let me tell you that that is indeed very difficult to accomplish :)

At some point, it becomes not a matter of $ rather than how many times can you tap the attack button per minute (speaking for guild wars). Even if you are willing to spend more money you are limited to your network speed. :)

Mystogan
08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Let me tell you that that is indeed very difficult to accomplish :)

At some point, it becomes not a matter of $ rather than how many times can you tap the attack button per minute (speaking for guild wars). Even if you are willing to spend more money you are limited to your network speed. :)

Fools talk it is very simple it is only about cash and cash alone.. Don't kid yourself lol this game has zero requirements for skill or strategy for a true gamer.. All this game is is whoever spends the most is the winner.. That is the sad truth. But if it helps you sleep at night keep deceiving yourself I'm sure gree will keep telling you otherwise $.$

As Ryosaeba has said it's simple you just have to spend more money but that's the thing we aren't all rich or idiots to spend that much on a basic game. Personally I think you need help if your spending $ on this game.

deuce
08-21-2013, 09:38 PM
There's a lot of top 10-500 guild members who are in par with FUN and RK stats.

Wrong. So, so wrong.

deuce
08-21-2013, 09:44 PM
From my brief time in KA(started back in April of this year) I have found that achieving top500 can be done without gems, but to get top 300 or higher requires real $$$

You can make Top 300 easily without gems. If you can't, you are not doing it right.

Almost There
08-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Only someone in FUN or RK would say something this ridiculous.

aphroKEN
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Their ATK and DEF stats are not static. They increase at the near maximum rate. So the only way for lower guilds to catch up is to increase their ATK and DEF at the maximum possible rate and maintain that rate for 2 years. I think it's impossible. Both objectively impossible and subjectively impossible.

It's subjectively impossible because almost nobody outside of those guilds is willing to persistently spend megabucks. It's objectively impossible because lower guilds don't have the stats boosts exclusively available to the top 3. They will never reach the required maximum rate of increase, let alone maintain it for 2 years. Therefore they will never be able to catch up.

Fredcole
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Fools talk it is very simple it is only about cash and cash alone.. Don't kid yourself lol this game has zero requirements for skill or strategy for a true gamer.. All this game is is whoever spends the most is the winner.. That is the sad truth. But if it helps you sleep at night keep deceiving yourself I'm sure gree will keep telling you otherwise $.$

As Ryosaeba has said it's simple you just have to spend more money but that's the thing we aren't all rich or idiots to spend that much on a basic game. Personally I think you need help if your spending $ on this game.

I dont think so. If you start now and buy 1500 of the max possible buyable unit(lets say around 1000/1000 att/def), you will have a stat of 1,5m. Thats still around 5m short of the top guys. And they have boosts, so every ltq finished their stats will increase ALOT more then yours. So IMAO its impossible to "buy" your way up anymore and everyone with llp are wasting time and money.

That is unless everyone "in front" of you quits or stop doing ltq etc. And i dont think that will happen..

Person
08-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I dont think so. If you start now and buy 1500 of the max possible buyable unit(lets say around 1000/1000 att/def), you will have a stat of 1,5m. Thats still around 5m short of the top guys. And they have boosts, so every ltq finished their stats will increase ALOT more then yours. So IMAO its impossible to "buy" your way up anymore and everyone with llp are wasting time and money.

That is unless everyone "in front" of you quits or stop doing ltq etc. And i dont think that will happen..

when it happens, the game dies

Mystogan
08-22-2013, 05:51 PM
The reason why the top players are the top is because of wars.. the inflation in the stat boosts 20% infantry, magic, beast, machine attack defence etc. It's as simple as that. There are many players that probably have the same "base stats" as the top players but without all the ridiculous bonus boost % Greeds been handing out. It's not rocket science. So if some decent players decided they would be idiots and waste thousands of dollars they could win the war without even vsing the top guilds all they need to do is spend a **** load of cash like the top players.. but like I said not everyone is stupid enough to do that. That's how non strategic this game is, it really comes down too are you dumb enough to waste so much money on this average game that seems to be getting poorer and poorer due to the big spenders that are wrecking this game making greed fast track it's death.

Lets not forget the top players with 5 mill stats probably half of that 5 mill is made up for percentage boosters its not their raw attack. So to beat FUN in the war to win the units you have to be like I said an idiot to spend that much money. It's really that simple.. but not everyone is that dumb.. and thank God for that lol!

custos
08-22-2013, 07:52 PM
The same type of conversation, with people predicting the death of the game, went around here a year ago. That's when the top players who spent lots of money had 100-200K stats. Some of those top players have dropped out. I reiterate: it will be impossible to stay at the top without continually spending money. The stat inflation will see to that. In the future there will be 100K units, maybe with 100% boosts or more. People will have 100M A/D stats. It will happen. Only those who continue to pour money into the game will remain at the top. If they stop, they will be over-run. Stat inflation is s double-edged sword :)

That's why, in my opinion, it's dumb to spend a lot of money on the game. The advantage is fleeting. Have a look back at some early screen shots. In the early days there were units you could buy for 900 gems with stats like 100/100, and people did. Obviously these expensive units don't even feature in the armies of medium level players anymore.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
08-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Who knows? Some people like playing games in "God mode", others find it boring. Some people need to be the best, some are insecure in RL and find validation through on-line mastery... different stokes.

You had me right up until here... Ultimately this always rears its ugly head.. Well organized, expertly delivered, then BAM! loss of consciousness.. You were so close my friend..

Mystogan
08-22-2013, 08:53 PM
The same type of conversation, with people predicting the death of the game, went around here a year ago. That's when the top players who spent lots of money had 100-200K stats. Some of those top players have dropped out. I reiterate: it will be impossible to stay at the top without continually spending money. The stat inflation will see to that. In the future there will be 100K units, maybe with 100% boosts or more. People will have 100M A/D stats. It will happen. Only those who continue to pour money into the game will remain at the top. If they stop, they will be over-run. Stat inflation is s double-edged sword :)

That's why, in my opinion, it's dumb to spend a lot of money on the game. The advantage is fleeting. Have a look back at some early screen shots. In the early days there were units you could buy for 900 gems with stats like 100/100, and people did. Obviously these expensive units don't even feature in the armies of medium level players anymore.

That's the thing its like a corrupt countries system. From the old school days it did in fact did die because a lot of those people quit the game ( a period were the stupid rich guy investing in heavy units with big gems where still put in their place because it was about strategy not just spend money and instantly become the best you had to work and grow knowledge on the game) and this new era of the game started where it moved to the people that were spending big dollars on the game. Just like in the real world corruption is due to the power of who has the most money persuades which way the game will develop. Doesn't matter what bias opinion the big spenders think up it's just the truth. Obviously there is a lot of new players getting introduced to the game that didn't witness all of the rapid changes and then some old players that just created new accounts to start all over again. So for a lot of middle ranged players they are also just quitting... it's only new players and the big spenders keeping this game alive to their own satisfaction which isn't much of a challenge at all. When the main option of the game to be good is spend or not spend you know you have a failed game production.

Also to keep the game alive people that have been inactive for months or left accounts high and dry on decent stats still float around your kingdoms for you too enter or attack. people say I cant be beaten by more then 80% for the thousands of people playing because only a few of them are actually playing. its just too keep accounts alive to look like more people are playing pretty much everyone in the guilds for top 1250 are the only people playing the game and half of them are people with 2-4 accounts alone. so really its a game for the addicts and the hopefuls.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
08-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Their ATK and DEF stats are not static. They increase at the near maximum rate. So the only way for lower guilds to catch up is to increase their ATK and DEF at the maximum possible rate and maintain that rate for 2 years. I think it's impossible. Both objectively impossible and subjectively impossible.

It's subjectively impossible because almost nobody outside of those guilds is willing to persistently spend megabucks. It's objectively impossible because lower guilds don't have the stats boosts exclusively available to the top 3. They will never reach the required maximum rate of increase, let alone maintain it for 2 years. Therefore they will never be able to catch up.

You sir, have nailed it to the wall. It is what it is folks. Continue at your own risk.

custos
08-23-2013, 12:12 AM
You had me right up until here... Ultimately this always rears its ugly head.. Well organized, expertly delivered, then BAM! loss of consciousness.. You were so close my friend..

Ugly head? I'm not sure of your point. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I think that's at least one valid explanation of the on-line behaviour of the top-ranked players. Think about the people at the top of the stats list, who necessarily spend large sums of money to remain there (excluding hackers)... they must fall into one of a few categories. They might be exceedingly wealthy (like A-list Hollywood money) such that dropping thousands of dollars on KA is no more of a thought than average people spending $10. For them, playing this game must be like playing in God mode. It is possible to buy your way to the top of every event for a massive stat boost. That will get you into the top guild; especially if you are prepared to commit thousands of dollars on the wars. I can appreciate the allure of doing that if money was no object, but, like playing any computer game in God mode, I think I would bore of it and move on.

If, on the other hand, someone is spending that sort of money on the game and they are sacrificing something else with that expenditure, I think it's a legitimate question to ask why? And I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest some of these folks do it for self-validation. I've know a few people who are insecure and feel dis-empowered in RL who spend many hours on (e.g.) World for Warcraft where their on-line persona enjoys the power and respect they are missing in RL.

Another category, which is disturbing, is people spending money they can't actually afford. There are elements of this game that resemble the psychological manipulation of gambling machines -- elements of luck, keep spending for that next elusive prize, etc. Most social games are designed around the same addictive principles behind the design of casino games (see here (http://blog.betable.com/exposing-social-gamings-hidden-lever/) and here (http://kevinflood.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/are-social-and-freemium-gaming-stealing.html) for example). I know of a few people who have given up on KA because they have drained too much money out of their bank accounts, and can see it as a downward spiral. Is that ugly? What do you think?

s.m.p
08-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Maybe if i'm sure to not reach a goal, i should stop to spend money or at least spend less, do you

Klassenr@hotmail.com
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Custos,
Its ugly because it is essentially name-calling. Speculating on the 'who's, why's & how's' of other players just should be avoided imho. It's an ugly beast that happens too often here and never leads to anything more than in-fighting among forum members.

- With respect

Truth is i agree with the thread in general. The top players can never be caught and the difference widens exponentially day by day. The consecutive win units in war may be the only way to level they playing field. 6 wars ago i was maybe 800k A/D behind the top players. Today that number is closer to 2.5Mil +.... That is insurmountable at this point.

KingKeith
08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
I would pay to join FUN for 2 hours just to see my stat boost and see how fast i can regen health and construct buildings.

Fredcole
08-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I would pay to join FUN for 2 hours just to see my stat boost and see how fast i can regen health and construct buildings.

How much would you pay?

AndOne707
08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Do most people forget is a game after all?
All the psychology analysis it's taken place in order to determine the main reason why folks spend money beyond your average is beyond me.
I started playing this game more than a year ago. I would like to add that there's definitely a great amount of improvement over all from the creator. Def all the new additions keep folks interested.
Can you be number #1 in the game, absolutely!
Of course that's place as far as what u consider #1 and what you plan to accomplish.
Will anyone ever catch FUN, RK or any of the top guilds? It would be nice, but the reality of things it's more than money. It's players commitment into an online game.
Isn't this the same for all online gaming? For the most part, since it has become a great revenue for app developers as to any corporations. Since at the end, everyone is driven to make $$$$.
People forget to have fun and stop getting caught up with why they can achieve certain goals.
Unless you happen to be that competitive and don't want $$$ to become a variable as the results you achieve at the end. Play sports, work out, eat healthy, push heavy and enjoy life.

Now, as far as the game being boring or dying out. The fact of the matter is, the prices for lower players has dramatically increase which is awesome. Can we use a lot more improvement as a whole? Absolutely. Wish that they wouldn't put a cap on level in a player. That they would introduce more money buildings and units to name a few.
But once again, it's a game after all. Have fun and enjoy it.
Take pride on what you do and What you accomplish. At the end, that's what matters.

Rastlin
08-25-2013, 10:19 AM
The Top 10 will remain the strongest players, due to the attack boosts of the prize units. I think everyone is starting to notice the wide range from Atk to Def in stats. Yes you may be as strong in Def, however you can not atk like Top guilds can.

Without a Paddle?
08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I take it Gree has to be coming out with new gold units and boost buildings soon. A while back I remember getting dragons was a big thing, then blackrovk battling rams and now their obsolete. I would bet most top guilds don't have any players that use anything but indestructible units. Kinda makes the whole casualty rate decreases worthless.

zach123
08-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Lower level guilds that are better than everyone else their level can in crease their power by huge amounts if they can finish war ltqs because if their was a strong low level guild they might be able to get the streak unit as well

jchow69
08-25-2013, 12:27 PM
My guild finished top 300 with only 22 members, and got the Dauthus Avatar, lol.

deuce
08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
When Gree shuts down the game, it will all be a moot point.

Wait ... What?!?

You mean this game won't be around forever, after I spent tens of thousands of dollars on it?

deuce
08-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I would bet most top guilds don't have any players that use anything but indestructible units. Kinda makes the whole casualty rate decreases worthless.The Dragonriders are Top 300 and we don't bother with gold units any longer. Maybe one or two honor units are still worth striving for, but for the most part we all play with indestructible units now.

Starbuck
08-26-2013, 09:06 PM
I could care less about being #1 in Kingdom Age.... It's iTunes APP!!! I play it to have FUN, and understand that Gree has changed the course from FUNzio and made it a cash-flow based game. OK, got it. I just do my best to enjoy what I can with my Guild and not even be bothered with the fools who "buy" the game. That said, I have a personal doubt that the members are spending the personal cash necessary to secure such lofty heights. Not calling out anyone in particular, but are they really hundreds of people willing to drop HUNDREDS of EUROS, YEN and DOLLARS on in-app purchases necessary to have the gems to do all this, or are there folks who scam their way to the thousands upon thousands of gems necessary to buy all these bonuses, etc? I don't know the answer, I'm quite sure there are folks who spend their hard-earned money on this game....I know I have in the past, but I am pretty judicious with how i spend now

custos
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM

You would be disappointed. Pure guild boosts (the ones purchased with gold) are generally not that big a deal and many guilds have a lot of them maxed already. The big boosts come from being in a guild when it achieves the specific prize -- and those prizes become individual boosts that follow you wherever go regardless of the guild. There's no question that the health regen, building upgrade boosts etc. are nice, but you wouldn't see a significant jump in your stats or anything.

E-I
08-28-2013, 04:56 AM
The Top 10 will remain the strongest players, due to the attack boosts of the prize units.

This assumes that top ten teams/players remain the same. There has been a lot of turnover lately and people retiring from the game. Black Ops and KTA are both disintegrating, and they were in the top ten 1 & 2 wars ago (respectively).

But yeah, those who manage to stay in the top ten, and particularly the top 2, are going to be hard to catch unless Gree re-stats all of the units again.

It's all a dream
08-28-2013, 05:01 AM
This assumes that top ten teams/players remain the same. There has been a lot of turnover lately and people retiring from the game. Black Ops and KTA are both disintegrating, and they were in the top ten 1 & 2 wars ago (respectively).

But yeah, those who manage to stay in the top ten, and particularly the top 2, are going to be hard to catch unless Gree re-stats all of the units again.

first, i hope you meant top10 & 25, cause FUN and RK are 1 & 2 and always have been up till now.
second, stat inflation will continue, but as long as topplayers stay in topteams they will stay on top.

mmalkove
08-28-2013, 07:48 AM
The Dragonriders are Top 300 and we don't bother with gold units any longer. Maybe one or two honor units are still worth striving for, but for the most part we all play with indestructible units now.

Lucky, I'm in a top 50 guild and still have a whole fleet of Blackrock Battering rams to replace. But my stats are not great for my guild (1.4 million)

E-I
08-28-2013, 08:08 AM
first, i hope you meant top10 & 25, cause FUN and RK are 1 & 2 and always have been up till now.
second, stat inflation will continue, but as long as topplayers stay in topteams they will stay on top.

I meant mostly teams 4-10, since that has been less consistent. (ie. USMC, KTA, and probably BO this war)

I agree that top players will remain top players as long as they are in top guilds. But even FUN and RK see turnover. And other teams in the top ten definitely have turnover.

Dexter Morgan
08-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Top players can still be raided by people with 2 mill less attack than their defense so doesn't really matter being top dog. That may be gree trying to balance the game

captainpony
08-29-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm almost 20X my level. It's getting old... Strategy is for the most part gone.

This game hasn't got a strategic factor about it. This game could be fun and strategies could have been put in class to ensure a competitive game but some people are dumb enough to spend stacks of cash on a digital game that doesn't compete with top selling games. So really the only people you can blame are the people that spent hard cash that influenced greeS greed. The top players aren't skilled, probably Middle Ages men going through mid life crisis (plus they are either dirt rich or very stupid)

How many guilds got 50 wins? I think the total was only 19 and many were not top 10 guilds.
My top 100 guild got over 50 wins and strategy was the only way we accomplished the feat.

I hope Gree mixes things up for this next war. Forming new strategies to beat new quests has made this game more exciting than what you claim is just a pay for wins situation.

(6 of 12)

aaronk
09-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Out of interest, who is the most powerful player out there? I have seen one at about 7 million (and that was before this raid boss event). So who is RK/FUN's DL?