PDA

View Full Version : Wasting Skill Points

Matt8826
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
What is the point of using skill points on attack and defense. When I was a beginner I wasted 116 skill points total on attack and defense. I could've had more energy and stamina!

KFH
08-19-2013, 05:57 PM
the only way i can explain defending most battles against people with 100 to 150k more att then my de is my 245 or so skill points i have in defense

Matt8826
08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
I reckon a poll should be made because the skillpoint for A/D is useless tbh.

Going to make a poll right now

AlexFoo
08-19-2013, 06:15 PM
because the skill points do matter :)

marklinalexanderho
08-19-2013, 06:18 PM
it really depends on ur lifestyle actually.

but i must say.. d skill points r definitely vital in ur overall gameplay.

candyson
08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I vote stamina, because if I didn't have over 40 stamina, I wouldn't have gotten my first LE building, a Tatra in under 24 hours, starting at $7 millions cash.

Matt8826
08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
it really depends on ur lifestyle actually.

but i must say.. d skill points r definitely vital in ur overall gameplay.
Well I'm not saying they don't matter, it's just the attack and defense options (I think) were a waste

dodgehemiram
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I personally just use my points for stamina so i can rack up a lot more battle points which u can have a maximum of 50 stamina per level refill and for gold users 10 gold for the same. Then if i have extra i put it towards energy. If you really want to improve ur attack and defense just focus ur attacks on lower ranks and just save your valor and make your purchases just b4 the next BFC.

Theblacklamp
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
I just wish you could reallocate skill points. There should be an option for a one time reallocation. I'd pay 100 gold if not more to do that.

dodgehemiram
08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
or even better give you more than just 3 skill points. I'd be happy with 5 or 6

Matt8826
08-19-2013, 06:42 PM
or even better give you more than just 3 skill points. I'd be happy with 5 or 6
Maybe a boost unit with +3 skill points.

jjm521
08-19-2013, 07:24 PM
I vote stamina, because if I didn't have over 40 stamina, I wouldn't have gotten my first LE building, a Tatra in under 24 hours, starting at $7 millions cash.

Maybe im just stupid, but this makes no sense. What does stamina have to do with buying a building??

And just cuz you dont see its effects, dont dismiss defensive SPs. I have a little over a million defense but generally dont lose to attackers up to around 1.5M or so. Of course i wont beat them if i attack since i dont have many points there, but i think my defensive SPs help a lot.

Air Force Vet
08-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Here's my philosophy, spread out your skill points 50% def 35% att and 15% energy. Especially if your in a faction. Def always wins. If you complete a map to level 5, use this skill point towards energy. Have fun!

jjm521
08-19-2013, 07:36 PM
AFV, in the beginning, i was actually doing 100% def believe it or not. When i got to around level 40 or so, it was more like 60% energy, 30% def and 10% stamina/atk. I had like 4 losses at that point. I dont do well in the stamina stuff, but i do well in wars and energy LTQs, so im happy with that. Thats whats cool about the game though, similar to a game like Skyrim where you can succeed any number of ways.

candyson
08-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Maybe im just stupid, but this makes no sense. What does stamina have to do with buying a building??

And just cuz you dont see its effects, dont dismiss defensive SPs. I have a little over a million defense but generally dont lose to attackers up to around 1.5M or so. Of course i wont beat them if i attack since i dont have many points there, but i think my defensive SPs help a lot.
I raided a lot with breaks in between. With 40 stamina, I could take a two hour break without losing stamina. Besides, I didn't have the patience to wait for my buildings to collect, and my vault was only $20 million at the time(for a $55 million building).
Edit: and one of the rivals I raided, I had to use over 50 stamina to get all his good buildings, luckily I had 10 leftover gold.

Bonzai
08-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I just wish you could reallocate skill points. There should be an option for a one time reallocation. I'd pay 100 gold if not more to do that.

THIS. I screwed mine up by putting 100 in attack early on. I'm still losing to people 50k defense under my attack. FML

stephen2013
08-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I have 6 skill points for attack and 6 in defense. I don't believe in putting valuable skill points into something that I don't know how it works or I don't see the concrete result. I have 70 stamina which is AMAZING during the FvF. I also have 1930 energy, which is pretty good for the LTQs. I invest all of my skill points into energy.

keeskiller
08-20-2013, 12:19 AM
ahahaha amateurs, skill points should only be invested in defense ;)

like one famous man once said: 'You choose who to attack, but you don't choose who attacks you'

Cheers

Richard79
08-20-2013, 01:18 AM
So does anyone know the value of the attk and def skill point? What i maen by that is. Is 1 skill point in say attk worth just 1 attk point 10 attk pts 100pts 1000pts or is it a % maybe a mod could explain this and then we would know for sure if it was a waste or not. I have over 150 pts in attk and have no problem in regulary winning against someone with 100k more in stats than me but only in raids never in just attk.

keeskiller
08-20-2013, 01:51 AM
So does anyone know the value of the attk and def skill point? What i maen by that is. Is 1 skill point in say attk worth just 1 attk point 10 attk pts 100pts 1000pts or is it a % maybe a mod could explain this and then we would know for sure if it was a waste or not. I have over 150 pts in attk and have no problem in regulary winning against someone with 100k more in stats than me but only in raids never in just attk.

yeah i would like an answer, but doesn't that kills the game?
You know everything, detailed walkthroughs for LTQ, units for the defeating rivals tournament..

Let this be a secret..

mickymacirl
08-20-2013, 03:10 AM
What is the point of using skill points on attack and defense. When I was a beginner I wasted 116 skill points total on attack and defense. I could've had more energy and stamina!

My only advice would be to NOT use any skill points in attack and defense because they aren't used in calculations, a throw back and Gree's fix from the first World Domination Event and all the skill points hackers.

Only use them for Energy and Stamina.

Matt8826
08-20-2013, 04:40 AM
My only advice would be to NOT use any skill points in attack and defense because they aren't used in calculations, a throw back and Gree's fix from the first World Domination Event and all the skill points hackers.

If only I had known that earlier.

Air Force Vet
08-20-2013, 05:05 AM
I then retract my earlier statement. From now on I will use them for energy and stamina. Thanks for the advice.

mickymacirl
08-20-2013, 05:28 AM
If only I had known that earlier.

I'd also like to point out that this fact might not always be the case, I'm sure Gree are working on bringing them back into use.

Matt8826
08-20-2013, 05:29 AM
I'd also like to point out that this fact might not always be the case, I'm sure Gree are working on bringing them back into use.
But what could they do with them. Maybe they could add units, but it would be too much like valor

mickymacirl
08-20-2013, 05:32 AM
But what could they do with them. Maybe they could add units, but it would be too much like valor

I don't know, again, that's for Gree to decide.

Philly982
08-20-2013, 05:47 AM

Thanks for this info mickymacirl. I was unaware of this. I will be allocating skill points differently going forward.

So I am guessing that this would mean that skill points are not what is causing a player to lose to considerably lower defenses than their attack that I am reading about in other threads. A friend received a response saying that it was the result of skill points which could not be seen in the battle results screen.

Air Force Vet
08-20-2013, 08:21 AM
To me, it depends on your current level, stats and if your in a faction. I remember before joining a faction I would get attacked by a rival With higher stats than my defense and lose. So they either asked to be an ally or raided me.

St George
08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
I use stamina for raiding. It gets me 10 to 20 million daily. A lot I donate to the faction, the rest I keep for upgrading buildings.

frettlessibanez
08-20-2013, 10:15 AM
When I started I was splitting them up to try and improve all four categories incrementally, always making sure to keep my defensive SP's equal to or higher than my level. I noticed (still do sometimes) that I could defend against some attackers much stronger than myself. Once my A/D passed 1K per level, it doesn't seem to be as effective. Maybe it's a coincidence, IDK. I think they still affect some aspect of the game because a faction mate that doesn't use SP's for anything but energy and stamina is always complaining about not being able to defend against weaker attackers. He compensates by getting revenge and winning, but I'm satisfied with repelling attackers. I will say that his stamina and energy are a great advantage in the different events, not only to him but to the entire faction. I had my defense around 100 when I stopped adding SP's. I did spend a bit bringing my attack up to around the same, but now it's all energy and stamina. The addition to energy and stamina really helps in the events, and having the A/D SP's helps get wins on players stronger than me.
All in all, each players strategy can bring great success. Joining together to enjoy and compliment each others strategies and skill sets is arguably the best aspect of the game.

Matt8826
08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
When I started I was splitting them up to try and improve all four categories incrementally.
Yeah, I tried doing that, until I reach 58 in every thing. What a fail

Tito89
08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I tried doing that, until I reach 58 in every thing. What a fail

i find for me it works! i have 48 skill points in atk and def, 24 stamina and 1240 energy. my stats are great for a free player and i can randomly pick someone in my rival list and beat them 90% of the time, but i wanna be a defence leader so im starting to put 2 into def and one into the others (except stamina, idc).

lemonhaze
08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
i find for me it works! i have 48 skill points in atk and def, 24 stamina and 1240 energy. my stats are great for a free player and i can randomly pick someone in my rival list and beat them 90% of the time, but i wanna be a defence leader so im starting to put 2 into def and one into the others (except stamina, idc). i have 280 on def and it takes someone with 2m stats to beat my 1.4m def 2 times in a row..its always win 1 lose 1 never can beat me 2 times in a row and its bc of skill points..i had a buddy attack me and test it out and she was 400k more attack then my def and never got me 2 in a row..it adds up in WD for def..i got 20k wd points last war in def wins so no one can tell me they dont work i will never believe it

BurnNotice69
08-20-2013, 06:48 PM
I have 50 skill points in my defense and I have about 306k def stats showing when I see them. I've had players with 500k att lose to an attack on me.

I was told, initially, when the game started, skill points did not work the way they were intended. Over time, the skill points have been corrected to more accurately reflect what you have. This is part of the reason when you attack someone who is 20k, 30k, 40k, 150k or more lower than you and you lose. Similarly, its also the reason you're able to attack some players with higher defense than your attack and you're able to win.

It depends on how you have your skill points distributed. As for having them in Stamina, you're only allowed to attack a player, depending on bonuses, 10-14x, so I would have your Stamina built up equally. For example, I can attack a player 13x, so my Stamina is built to 39 (3x13), which means I can attack 3 players 13x for my 39 hits, or I can raid 13 money buildings at one time (if a player has enough).

So, with my Stamina at 39, my defense and attack on 50, the rest goes into energy.

I think it's all a matter of personal preference how you choose to spend your skill points.

Hope this helps!

Suspect5
08-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Most went to defense early on in the game, before all the factions exc. now I'm building stamina so I can relax a little in the FTF events. I have enough energy to last me a good nights sleep and not loose a point but I'm a little reluctant to put moe in energy because at lv 250 it well not matter when leveling up and getting the refill

Mcdoc
08-21-2013, 01:27 AM
ahahaha amateurs, skill points should only be invested in defense ;)

like one famous man once said: 'You choose who to attack, but you don't choose who attacks you'

Cheers

That theory sounds familiar :)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38284-Need-some-help-choosing-country&p=365076&viewfull=1#post365076

We've had this discussion before - just noticing some once VERY helpful strategy threads are now "closed" - smh

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36221-Skill-points-When-is-enough-enough&p=291967&viewfull=1#post291967

Whole thread on this:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41828-Casualty-rate-glitch&p=483950&viewfull=1#post483950

I think the bottom line is this - skill points are the hidden defense that no one can predict until they attack you :)

BTW: Over 300 defense skill points and counting - although - with the LTQ's - I've been adding my last 10 or so to Energy :)

EDIT: The max refill on Stamina is 50 - the best bargain in the game for only 10 gold - so I recommend to get to 50 but over that is perhaps overkill. Totally sucks that the Energy refill caps at 1000 for 20 Gold - seems like 2000 would have been much more in line with the Stamina refill.

Domino_brown
08-22-2013, 07:32 AM

Thanks so much for the clarification !
Man, I feel like gree has mentioned something about being more '' transparent'' at least twice now ... Do you think they've added more windows to their HQ?

SGT Rud
08-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Personally, I ran energy up around a good number that I could sleep through and not wake up to it full. That way I am never just sitting in idle. I plan on the same with stamina.

I wish there was a boost unit out there that would give you an additional stamina. Or a bonus you receive for having all the defensive buildings on your base, or something of that nature.

Perhaps again in the future they will raise the level cap to 300 and allocate more skill points. Then everyone in that range will get another 150 skill points to allocate towards an area they feel they have neglected. Happened once with the level 200 cap, hope everyone in the 200 and climbing range have adjusted what they want to do with them.

I am not too sure about giving us the ability to reallocate them later in the game. That would be too big of an advantage. I could easily move all my skill points to energy, waste on an LTQ, level up, and then complete the LTQ. If moving skill points later in the game is a suggestion, mine would be to only be able to move a certain number, such as 5 at a time, and can only be done in a 168 hour period. Or something along these lines.

Mcdoc
08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Just in case someone is not aware - you CAN get an extra skill point for each map that you complete 5 times. It will run your XP up when you get into the higher maps - but the lower maps are pretty easy to get through and get that extra skill point :)

jjm521
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Mcdoc, ive never run into your player i dont think....what level are you at, 300 is impressive. I thought i had a lot but ive got a ways to go to catch you there

War lord
08-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I was always 3 at or 3 de but since the ltqs started its all bn energy, but now I have about 2200 energy so it's 1 at 1 de and 1 energy. I have about 21 stamina from along the way, but I rarely do the fvf seems like it bumps u up too many lvls.

Mcdoc
08-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Mcdoc, ive never run into your player i dont think....what level are you at, 300 is impressive. I thought i had a lot but ive got a ways to go to catch you there

Currently Level 231.

Btw - I said "over 300" - the exact number is Top Secret - LoL

good gawd noooo
08-22-2013, 11:46 PM

Recently I have noticed several times I have lost a pvp against someone who shows had lower defense in that battle then the attack I had in battle. when I looked closer their def modifier(skill points) was signifigantly higher then my attack modifier(skill points). I am not sure when they started coungint them again but I do believe it plays a factor again:cool:

good gawd noooo
08-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks for this info mickymacirl. I was unaware of this. I will be allocating skill points differently going forward.

So I am guessing that this would mean that skill points are not what is causing a player to lose to considerably lower defenses than their attack that I am reading about in other threads. A friend received a response saying that it was the result of skill points which could not be seen in the battle results screen.

actually u can see skill point modifiers in battle screen. if you look on second row of info their is a shield on your enemy that is his defense modifier. on the same spot on YOUR side is a lil red fireball that is YOUR attack modifier. It doesnt show both but it shows what matters in the battle.:rolleyes:

Mcdoc
08-23-2013, 12:17 AM
actually u can see skill point modifiers in battle screen. if you look on second row of info their is a shield on your enemy that is his defense modifier. on the same spot on YOUR side is a lil red fireball that is YOUR attack modifier. It doesnt show both but it shows what matters in the battle.:rolleyes:I think those skill point numbers are shown in KA but nit in MW - or maybe you're on an Android ? It doesn't show on IOS.

Exxtraterrestrial
08-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I have 50 SP each on A/D and I spend majority on energy and have 16 stamina

The real matias
08-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I got 2000 energy and 89 stamina

j0nboy
08-24-2013, 05:22 PM
skill points are more useful after the update, I feel I lose less casualty units when my atk skill points is higher then the persons def skill points.