PDA

View Full Version : Bug fix! No more "impossible" raids

CJ54
08-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey all, this is a pretty big one.

Many of you have experienced the bug that would cause already-raided-to-empty buildings to show up as still available for raiding when looking at an opponent's base. So you'd click on that building, lose a stamina point and possibly a unit, and get squat for it.

Well, it is fixed (although iOS may have some weird visual glitches when trying to raid one of those, see below). Here is the current status:

Server-side: The fix is out for both platforms. Trying to raid an exhausted building will yield no rewards and cost nothing.

Android: The accompanying client fix is also out. Trying to raid a "looks like it is available but is really empty" building will now be blocked.

iOS: The accompanying client fix is NOT out yet, it needs to go into an iTunes update. Nothing will be taken/losses won't be accrued when trying to raid one of those buildings (as on Android), but there may be some visual weirdness until we get the client update out.

That's about the size of it. If anyone has any questions about this, please ask here.

EDIT: We had some weirdness both here and in KA, due to boost and defense buildings not being raid-able for a bit. This was causing weird fight screen results on iOS. Those buildings are now able to be raided and destroyed again.

Trebor
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm trying to raid full buildings available to raid and the game crashes, I can attack the player but not raid any buildings!!! iOS device iPad and iPhone same issue

CJ54
08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm trying to raid full buildings available to raid and the game crashes, I can attack the player but not raid any buildings!!! iOS device iPad and iPhone same issue

Was that happening before today?

Trebor
08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
No I was fine all tournament long. Now it's all messed up

Zulfiqaar
08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I remember just raiding a full building, i get cash but suddenly the bar suddenly shows its been raided twice...i then go for another raid, and it says the player is too tired!!?!?
Is this a glitch, or a totally epic coincidence where two people raided the same building at the same time???
Thanks CJ :)

CJ54
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I remember just raiding a full building, i get cash but suddenly the bar suddenly shows its been raided twice...i then go for another raid, and it says the player is too tired!!?!?
Is this a glitch, or a totally epic coincidence where two people raided the same building at the same time???
Thanks CJ :)

Well, every time we've checked into a report like that, it was the second one (this is not infrequent). It's less of a huge epic coincidence given that we're still in peak play hours right now, but let us know if it keeps happening.

Zulfiqaar
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, every time we've checked into a report like that, it was the second one (this is not infrequent). It's less of a huge epic coincidence given that we're still in peak play hours right now, but let us know if it keeps happening.
ok thx CJ, this is the first time for me so i probably took it over the top..more often its just like i half raid a building and it says the player is too weak to attack.
i tested it out by searching for the same rival on the list, and finally when i checked their base the buildings were actually raided, but i didnt get the rewards. i know it wasnt raided by another player as specific buildings i half-raided were as they should be, not totally empty (as the case would be if somebody else has raided it)
thanks again for replying, it hopefully wont happen now

ps..any hints on faction ltqs ;)

Trebor
08-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Hmmmmfffft. Everyone getting good answers but me. Lol.

CJ54
08-19-2013, 06:11 PM
ok thx CJ, this is the first time for me so i probably took it over the top..more often its just like i half raid a building and it says the player is too weak to attack.
i tested it out by searching for the same rival on the list, and finally when i checked their base the buildings were actually raided, but i didnt get the rewards. i know it wasnt raided by another player as specific buildings i half-raided were as they should be, not totally empty (as the case would be if somebody else has raided it)
thanks again for replying, it hopefully wont happen now

ps..any hints on faction ltqs ;)

Yeah, I can understand the confusion there. We're working on grinding down those situations, and this change is part of that.

frettlessibanez
08-19-2013, 07:17 PM
That happens to me sometimes, but I think it is something to do with the internet connection. I usually just wait a minute and raid again with success.

Trebor
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Still no the issue. Changed locations wifi on off 3G doesn't matter still no raids and always crashes

ptong
08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi CJ, my faction mates and I are facing something puzzling the past hour (about 2300 EST onward).

1. App shuts down after 1st raid on rival building.
2. Some players app shuts down and refuses to re-open.

Could this update have anything to do with these issues please? Thanks.

ptong
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
And now I raid 1x and the app hangs.

Smalls
08-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Issue started about 8 hours ago. I did manage to raid a very low level building once and receive cash. Beyond that, every single cash building I raid show the red bar shrinking....and instead of receiving money my game is ended and I get a view of my apps screen. Frustrating, Frustrating....Signed up here just to get some answers I hope.

Smalls
08-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Still no the issue. Changed locations wifi on off 3G doesn't matter still no raids and always crashes

Was that happening before today?

Same problem here. Asked faction if they are having issue but no responses yet. Been having problem for several hours. Gree has a problem on their hands.

Smalls
08-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Same problem iPhone 4S. Right when money is supposed to be paid when raiding is when I get kicked completely out of the game. Next view is my apps screen. Did complete one low level raid and didn't get kicked. 9/10 raids I have been kicked and then came looking for answers on the internet. Just signed up to this website to let you know you are not a lone duck having this problem. Gree has an issue on their hands.

Trebor
08-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Huge issue and still not fixed ! No answers nothing ! Awesome ! 👍👍

mickymacirl
08-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Hey all, this is a pretty big one.

Many of you have experienced the bug that would cause already-raided-to-empty buildings to show up as still available for raiding when looking at an opponent's base. So you'd click on that building, lose a stamina point and possibly a unit, and get squat for it.

Well, it is fixed (although iOS may have some weird visual glitches when trying to raid one of those, see below). Here is the current status:

Server-side: The fix is out for both platforms. Trying to raid an exhausted building will yield no rewards and cost nothing.

Android: The accompanying client fix is also out. Trying to raid a "looks like it is available but is really empty" building will now be blocked.

iOS: The accompanying client fix is NOT out yet, it needs to go into an iTunes update. Nothing will be taken/losses won't be accrued when trying to raid one of those buildings (as on Android), but there may be some visual weirdness until we get the client update out.

That's about the size of it. If anyone has any questions about this, please ask here.

EDIT: We had some weirdness both here and in KA, due to boost and defense buildings not being raid-able for a bit. This was causing weird fight screen results on iOS. Those buildings are now able to be raided and destroyed again.

Thanks a lot CJ

mickymacirl
08-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Shawn,
Please only reference my particular issue with the +2 regeneration not working and how you (GREE) is going to make it work or compensate me for it not working. Please do not go off topic. I am a nuclear engineer and not a dummy. Please fix the +2 regeneration or compensate for not working. Again, I am a good and loyal customer. My gold vaults are paid for and I fulfill my obligations as a customer and only ask that GREE fulfill its obligations as supplier.

This is about +2 regeneration only which is a personal unit boost. Not faction boost or multiplicative or subtractive boost.

Stay on point please. Also explain when/how this issue is resolved.

Thank you
Dadisbest (Sam)

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2013, at 1:17 AM, GREE International Inc <en-support@gree.net> wrote:

## In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##
Your request (#Modern War Issue Report) has been closed. This means that the issue is being worked on now, or the issue is solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

Shawn, Aug 18 01:17 (PDT):
Hello Samuel,

There are two categories of boost effect, and the two categories have a different formula for how multiple sources of the same bonus are applied. The first category of boosts are the ones that raise a number. An example would be the boost that gives a flat bonus to defense buildings (it raises your defense from buildings). Multiple sources of these boosts are additive. For those faction bonuses, you will see a progression of 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%.

The second category of boosts are those that lower a number. An example of this category would be casualty rate reduction (it lowers the casualty rate). These boosts are multiplicative. Multiplicative bonuses are determined by subtracting the bonus from 1. So a 5% bonus is .95 (1- .05), and multiplicative bonuses are multiplied together. This type of mechanic is common to games in general, usually relating to things that cannot logically go above 100%. A common example would be an evasion mechanic of some sort; you can't evade 150% of anything.

Here's a concrete example from one of the developers:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Although the examples given above reference the faction boosts, this also applies to personal boosts from units or buildings that display on the profile.

Regards,
Shawn
Team GREE

Samuel Precie, Aug 17 23:08 (PDT):
Hello,

The issue of diminishing return is not applicable to my situation. I paid good money (gold) to earn the +2 regeneration for the Interpol Harrier. It is not adding +2 to my energy boost therefore I either expect a full refund for the 5 vaults of gold or the +2 working.
I fulfilled my end of the deal by paying GREE for the gold used, please fix on your end. I'm a very good and loyal customer, check my history, I've never made a complaint and have purchased too many vaults to remember, over $1,000's.

Please fix and do not send a standard text response.

Thank you
Dadisbest

Sent from my iPhone

Samuel Precie, Aug 17 22:58 (PDT):
Regarding Ticket: 824094
Hello,

The issue of diminishing return is not applicable to my situation. I paid good money (gold) to earn the +2 regeneration for the Interpol Harrier. It is not adding +2 to my energy boost therefore I either expect a full refund for the 5 vaults of gold or the +2 working.
I fulfilled my end of the deal by paying GREE for the gold used, please fix on your end. I'm a very good and loyal customer, check my history, I've never made a complaint and have purchased too many vaults to remember, over $1,000's.

Please fix and do not send a standard text response.

Thank you
Dadisbest

Sent from my iPhone

Shawn, Aug 16 07:18 (PDT):
Hello Samuel,

Thank you for the report. This is what is going on:

Certain types of boost, generally those that make something smaller, fewer or shorter(i.e. "fewer casualties", "shorter upgrade times", "less time till your health refills") have diminishing returns when there are multiple sources of that boost on your account or faction. What that means is, each new source of that boost that you add is slightly less effective. So for instance if you have a 5% health regen boost effect and then another 5% health regen boost is added, you would see a total boost effect of 9%.

This is intentional, because these boosts cannot logically go below zero. It's impossible to have faster-than-instant upgrade times, for instance. Or to have a casualty rate modifier so low that you actually get units back. So for these boost types, we have the diminishing returns effect stated as above. New sources of the boost will still add to your total and progress you, though. Boost effects that ADD something (more attack, more defense, etc.) theoretically have no logical upper limit, and those stack normally (5% extra attack boost + 5% extra attack boost = 10% extra attack boost).

Regards,

Shawn
Team GREE

Samuel Precie, Aug 12 16:52 (PDT):
Hello, I've been submitting my tickets on the Funzio website mistake. But my issue is I earned the Interpol Harrier 20,000 unit jet , awesome unit, but the +2 regeneration is still not working. This has impacted my LTQ performance since. I've also completed the last prestige level and could've done that with not as much gold. I used 4 vaults for the Interpol harrier and would appreciate if the boost worked. I also had to use 2 vaults to finish last LTQ. Thank you. Dadisbest on United Team.

--------------------------------------------------
Timestamp: 2013-08-12 16:52
Player ID: xxxx
Device ID: xxxxxx
Device: iPhone 4
Account Creation: 2012-01-09 15:51
Client: MWIOS
Client Version: 3.7.4
Client Build: 374.0
Game Data Version: mw_20130812_7
Game Data Hash: xxxxxx
Client Properties: xxxxxx
Server Properties: xxxxx
--------------------------------------------------

Please edit ur post and remove ur personal information, otherwise, some unscrupulous people can gain access to ur account.

GEMH
08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
If you are being booted from the game when raiding, update your game as you are likely on an older version.

jchow69
08-20-2013, 12:16 PM
If you are being booted from the game when raiding, update your game as you are likely on an older version.

What's da newest version for iOS? Just making sure I have it.

ptong
08-20-2013, 09:28 PM

Thanks GEMH, will pass the word around. Appreciated.

Daisy Heart
08-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Uh...thanks

Boozer25y
08-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Hi about a week and half ago I logged on to my base to find every single money building was updating or building and can't find out why I have tryed deleting and reinstalling but still no joy I have contacted GREE on the first day but still no joy does anyone know what I can do please
Thanks
Dal

Michael1989
08-22-2013, 04:14 AM
Having the same issues as "Trebor".
Issues contecting to server.
Once im at long last in the game i....
Check faction forum - Game crashes - server issue message.
Atempt to raid/attack - Game crashes - Server issue message
Accept/decline ally requests - Same as above.
Upgrade building - Same......

One man army
08-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Just wondering if you guys can fix how I don't have my health regen time. It says 38% but I have a first strike tomcat and my faction has a 25% bonus. That adds up to 45% but I only have 38%.

iahawkman
08-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Never had a problem with this till the pvp. Now when I attack someone stronger than me I will lose a bullet and neither win or lose. This is bs. Certainly not fixed.

Dixie_Boy
08-24-2013, 09:47 PM
After the latest update, this is still happening on android (Galaxy S4) and regardless of WiFi or 4G.

Area51z
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I would like to know how it is possible for a level 250 player with a 7+ million stats to attack me during a pvp tournament when I am a level 160? I have screen shots of this if you need them. Is this the way of pvp battles now? Or is it a glitch in the system or a hacker incident? Waiting for response from gree.

killahoss
08-25-2013, 08:18 PM
2 days ago you guys said this so called "bug" was fixed...its not!..losing stamina on the reg....:mad:

Big C
09-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Seems to be working

krabbie
09-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Bug is definitely not fixed, lost 10 stamina on impossible raids just a few minutes ago...

sbs2716g
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Still happening.

frettlessibanez
09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't think it is fixed. This is still happening daily on my Droid and is pretty annoying.